• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Russia--Regional Power??

Started by Uncle Duke, March 25, 2014, 01:47:12 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 26, 2014, 02:22:52 PM
Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 26, 2014, 02:22:52 PM
To be fair, space and time limitations cause some bluntness on my part.  I certainly did not mean to suggest that parrying Putin was an either/or scenario, just one active way of keeping him in check. I would continue to point out that ever widening sanctions, a steady decrease in Russian resource consumption (especially from Germany), and counter alliances (strenghtening ties with Turkey and even China) would continue to give Putin pause regarding further ambition.
Your analysis of the Suez Crisis is spot on except for one glaring assertion: the very existence of Israel had already given rise to Hamas and to the PLO and there was already activism against the Shah in Iran. Khomeni was working from exile in much the same as Ho Chi Minh.  Point being there would have been eventual regional instability regardless of Nasser's uniting force. (This is not to discount Nasser, but merely to explain that Islamist forces were going to rise regardless of his tremendous influence over the Arabian world.)  Remember, too, the sway held by the desire to restore the Islamic Caliphate in the wake of colonial intercession in the Arabic world.  This would have also eventually manifested itself in either state or non-state actors, or both.

We agree.  With the Russia/Ukraine situation, for the first time in recent momory the UN and the world concurs with the US.  Use that to lead comdemnation, even if from behind,  in whatever form can be applied through diplomatic means....sanctions, political isolation etc.  Don't look for China to be a big supporter, however, as they face possible similar scenarios.  Expect the Chinese to again parrot their usual "China believes in peaceful solutions, etc" message.

I also agree, there were anti-Israeli factions in the region prior to Suez, even prior to Israeli becoming a nation in fact.  And yes, Arab nationalism and the radical Islam movement would have evolved to some level eventually, but the impact Nasser had on the Arab/Muslim world cannot be underestimated.  He went toe-to-toe with two world powers who'd controlled the Middle East since WWI and won.  Had he been kicked to the curb by the Brits and French, there would have been no symbol of Pan-Arab unity to rally around.  Had that happened the world would be a very different place.

The Iranians are Muslims, but Persians, not Arabs who were their historic enemies.  Nasser's success or failure wasn't as important to them in the grand scheme of things, in fact they probably would have liked to have seen him fall.   A topic for another time might be how different the world would be today if Carter had supported the Shah, allowed him to use US supplied weapons against his people to stay in power by force and had his back politically in that event. 

One last point about Suez, if you've never read the book, let me recommend "Secrets of Suez".  The book was originally written in 1956 by the Bromberger Brothers, noted French post-WWII political analysts/journalists, but translated into English by a Brit named James Cameron shortly after it was published in France.  Whereas the brothers thought the Suez action was justified and glorious, Camereon (a noted anti-war/anti-imperalist of the day) thought it was evil and an embarrassment to HM government.  Why Cameron was chosen to translate the book by the UK publisher is still a question.  Still the best book about Suez from the French point of view I've ever read.

Juan

The Iranians certainly wanted Nasser to fail as the second part of his United Arab Republic was Syria.

I don't think Carter could have helped the Shah.  His health was too bad by then.

Foodlion

Quote from: Ben Shockley on March 26, 2014, 02:14:17 PM
Sail the ex- 5th Fleet into the Black Sea.  Expose whatever carrier to attack almost 360-degrees  because THAT'S WHAT IT'S ABOUT, right boys??   GET SOME U.S. FORCES SHOT  then you have your new mega war, right?  Mega war for perpetual mega profits for the self-appointed profiteers Cheney and Rumsfeld, right??
Somethng I realized when you said that. Could you imagine the aftermath disaster that would follow if one of our Nuke Carriers was sunk? That waste would leak into the ocean for the rest of mankind.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Juan on March 28, 2014, 07:34:38 AM
The Iranians certainly wanted Nasser to fail as the second part of his United Arab Republic was Syria.

I don't think Carter could have helped the Shah.  His health was too bad by then.

Suez was 1956, UAR formed at least a couple years after that.  The Iranians have had fairly good relations with Syria over the years, still do to this day.  Both nations despise the Iraqis.

The Shah wanted to crush the pro-Islamic demonstrators with force of arms, Carter threatened to cut off military, economic, and political support if he followed through with such plans.  The keystone to Carter's foreign policy was human rights, not geo-politics.  The Shah abdicated not because of  health but because he lacked the political will to end the revolution militarly without super power support.  Think Assad in Syria today without the Russians in his corner.  He would have either abandoned ship or met the same fate as his counterpart in Libya.

Quote from: Foodlion on March 28, 2014, 07:52:20 AM
Somethng I realized when you said that. Could you imagine the aftermath disaster that would follow if one of our Nuke Carriers was sunk? That waste would leak into the ocean for the rest of mankind.

Well, if Russie were to sink one of our carriers, I imagine the resulting combat may well rid the world of humans anyway.  I am a child of the 60's/70's and well recall duck-and-cover drills, so maybe I have a cynical view of things, but I cannot imagine the US would countenance such an affront without some MAJOR pushback.

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on April 22, 2014, 05:05:21 PM
Not even a regional power; McCain nails it:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/22/mccain-calls-russia-a-gas-station/?hpt=po_t1
Funny, but it seems McCain has never seen a country he didn't want to bomb or a war that shouldn't be started it seems. Odd for a guy who was a POW and participated in a war that was arguably unnecessary, but who knows how his mind works? McCain, the neo-cons, the Brezenski and Kissinger types are so wanting a new Cold War and still have such a hardon for Russian containment and destabilization of countries since the "war on terror" is losing cache with the public. Russia is bad, no doubt, but how much "badder" than a lot of other countries including the Ukraine?

Having said that Russia has a lot more than McCain mentioned: diamonds, gas, oil, hot women (and very ugly old ones), vodka, connected organized crime groups with worldwide reach, biological weapons, nuclear weapons, vast timber resources, and all kinds of mineral wealth, etc. They also have proven to be better fighters and ruthless historically than western powers. Not technological or logistical but when it gets into the trenches.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: NowhereInTime on April 22, 2014, 05:05:21 PM
Not even a regional power; McCain nails it:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/22/mccain-calls-russia-a-gas-station/?hpt=po_t1

*laughs* You have to love John McCain, he's like that crazy uncle you know is going to say/do something off the wall to spice up the family gathering.  Same guy who picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, gaving us that great campaign slogan, "The Hero and the Hottie".  No wonder he's the go to guy when the late night comedy shows need a wacky quote.  He and Biden would make a great comedy team.

His comment about the Russian mafia is right on, however.  Went TDY to Moscow for a couple weeks in the mid-90s, just a month or so after they gunned down Paul Tatum and took control of the Raddison.  Ironically, we were told to stay at that same Raddison, that no one would dare bother us at a Russian mafia owned facility.  There were huge, hulking ex-Spetsnaz guys with not-so-concealed Tokarevs wandering around the hotel.  I remeber thinking I was glad there were there to keep other people out rather than to keep me in.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 22, 2014, 08:29:36 PM
*laughs* You have to love John McCain, he's like that crazy uncle you know is going to say/do something off the wall to spice up the family gathering.  Same guy who picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, gaving us that great campaign slogan, "The Hero and the Hottie".  No wonder he's the go to guy when the late night comedy shows need a wacky quote.  He and Biden would make a great comedy team.

His comment about the Russian mafia is right on, however.  Went TDY to Moscow for a couple weeks in the mid-90s, just a month or so after they gunned down Paul Tatum and took control of the Raddison.  Ironically, we were told to stay at that same Raddison, that no one would dare bother us at a Russian mafia owned facility.  There were huge, hulking ex-Spetsnaz guys with not-so-concealed Tokarevs wandering around the hotel.  I remeber thinking I was glad there were there to keep other people out rather than to keep me in.
You picked it. Ultimate ticket to unite the country, end political devisiveness, n gives some laughs. McCain/Biden. McCain can even provide the feer beer for rallies n Biden could knock off some interest rate points off supporters with credits cards based in Delaware. And enough laughs, angry outbursts, and diplomatic gaffs to really boost the morale of the country.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2014, 09:32:27 PM
You picked it. Ultimate ticket to unite the country, end political devisiveness, n gives some laughs. McCain/Biden. McCain can even provide the feer beer for rallies n Biden could knock off some interest rate points off supporters with credits cards based in Delaware. And enough laughs, angry outbursts, and diplomatic gaffs to really boost the morale of the country.
I don't know if Biden would be constitutionally prohibited but I would vote McCain/Biden over Hillary/anybody at this point.
Uncle Duke is right - McCain is the crazy uncle but, give the old guy credit, he does get around. Syria one day, Ukraine the next.  He even took my guy Sen. Chris Murphy on a "father/son" trip to Ukraine to and Murphy won't stop blabbing about it in his updates.

Jackstar

Like most editorial cartoons, I am sure there are multiple messages, given the global context. I simply saw it and thought it belonged here.

Note the scythe.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Jackstar on May 04, 2014, 09:46:48 AM
Like most editorial cartoons, I am sure there are multiple messages, given the global context. I simply saw it and thought it belonged here.

Note the scythe.

I saw the scythe, but can't tell what the blue marking is in the middle of the blade.  Is that a Star of David?

Jackstar

I don't even know what to say.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 25, 2014, 08:04:33 PM
We did the "duck and cover" drills, but our school called them "disaster drills" and told us it was what we were supposed to do if there was a tornado.  They never said anything about nuclear attack, and it wasn't until a few years later when I saw that "Duck and Cover" cartoon with the turtle that I figured out what they were really for.  I'm not sure why they deceived us, because possible war with the Soviet Union weighed on a lot of kids' minds, so it wasn't like they were protecting us from something we didn't already know.  Of course, where I grew up, tornadoes are a very real threat, but thinking back, the drills ended shortly after the policy of detente with the USSR began, so I doubt it was a coincidence.
We had drills at school in the 50's where we'd go sit in the hallway but they were always explained as for the real and immediate threat of tornados. I suspect the clips of fearful kids under their desks were CA school earthquake drills, though they've taken in a life of their own after being linked to Cold War paranoia for 40+ years.   I don't recall hearing of the drills in the context of nuclear war until we entered the era of ideological revisionism in the 70s.  I don't think deception actually had any part of it; we had routine nuke tests bragged about on the news, CD placards everywhere you looked in urban areas, PSA's on surviving a nuclear strike were on daytime TV, neighbors were building shelters.  Kids were well immersed in the '50s nuke paranoia along with their parents.

paladin1991

Here's what I say.  Tell Putan, to back out of Ukraine.  Or, we give Western Europe to the Germans....with a free hand to deal with all regional threats.  The only back up we will give in the next European dust up will be the tactical nukes that we will gift to the Wehrmacht, I mean, German military.
The Soviets have a deeeep fear of the German military.  It's what they had feared for 50 years.  A unified and focused Germany.  Let's give life to that fear.

Or.  Put Putan and me in a locked cage with a pair of knives.  He walks out, he gets Ukraine.  I walk out, I want a street named after me in front of the Politburo. 

NowhereInTime

Going about as well as expected; Russia is a strong regional power, but regional nonetheless:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/28/opinion/friedman-putin-blinked.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

For the record:  the sanctions are working and that's with half-measures by some EU countries.

(China just stole a bunch of natural gas from Putin.)

Kelt

I think it's safe to say that Russia is a regional power.

Certainly can't project meaningful force globally. 

Lots of cool, obsolete hardware, though. 

Maybe I'll buy a T-72 for my kid to play with.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kelt on May 28, 2014, 06:01:40 PM
I think it's safe to say that Russia is a regional power.

Certainly can't project meaningful force globally. 

Lots of cool, obsolete hardware, though. 

Maybe I'll buy a T-72 for my kid to play with.
They blow up real good. 

NowhereInTime

To all the Putin Lovers on this Forum;

(You know, the ones saying Putin's a better leader than Obama and a greater "patriot"...)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/07/world/europe/putin-orders-import-ban-in-retaliation-for-sanctions.html?module=Search&mabReward=relbias%3Ar%2C%7B%221%22%3A%22RI%3A5%22%7D

Tell me, does patriotism include cutting 40 % of your nation's food supply in a strongman's attempt to turn tide on sanctions?

Or, let me guess, he's really helping Russia fight it's "obesity epidemic"...

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 08, 2014, 02:12:10 PM
To all the Putin Lovers on this Forum;

(You know, the ones saying Putin's a better leader than Obama and a greater "patriot"...)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/07/world/europe/putin-orders-import-ban-in-retaliation-for-sanctions.html?module=Search&mabReward=relbias%3Ar%2C%7B%221%22%3A%22RI%3A5%22%7D

Tell me, does patriotism include cutting 40 % of your nation's food supply in a strongman's attempt to turn tide on sanctions?

Or, let me guess, he's really helping Russia fight it's "obesity epidemic"...
I'm no fan of Putin but he is only responding to US led sanctions and hitting where it hurts, especially the Polish apples without disrupting his country too much. If he really wanted to he should shut off gas supplies to Europe, and shift those resources to China. But he might be waiting for winter and there would be some big loses (at least short term for Russia). The BRICS stuff etc is probably a better option for him. A US chicken ban would be a big, though I think we would just shift those shipments over to China or maybe even lower prices and sell them here. Russia is a huge country and with the "warming" more places are opening up that could sustain agriculture. I never saw the 40% you mentioned in article? What is interesting is how Obama shirks away from real sanctions. Like why is XOM still allowed to do deals there? Why are NATO countries still allowed to buy Russian gas?

The silly sanctions and trade-wars usually just cause trouble for all involved. Don't get me wrong I like that XOM is doing deals there and think the financial sanctions (and subsequent sanctions by Putin) are stupid and just hurt people and businesses in both countries (and tertiary countries.) But the narcissists in both offices have to pump their chests and make pronouncements. At least Putin tries to secure his country's borders though and seems to have at least a slight allegiance to it (likely, like Obama, first thought is himself, his photo-ops, and his wealth obviously.)

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on August 08, 2014, 04:36:58 PM
... At least Putin tries to secure expand his country's borders though and seems to have at least a slight allegiance to it (likely, like Obama, first thought is himself, his photo-ops, and his wealth obviously.)
Fixed it for you.

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 09, 2014, 03:28:47 PM
Fixed it for you.
Thanks! I would prefer just keeping the border, but, if I had to choose between a President who wants to ELIMINATE them (or at least de-facto is doing so) and one wanting to EXPAND them slightly (which, oddly, satisfies the UN ICESCR & ICCPR as a vote happened and the vast majority in parts of Ukraine, predominantly ethnic Russia and Tatars, voted for independence. Although the UN said that this doesn't matter.) I would choose expanding. But I would rather they just remain and we obey the law.

"All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development."- the UN (not that I take much stock in them but you lot seem to think internationalism and global entities are the authority.)

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on August 09, 2014, 04:11:17 PM
Thanks! I would prefer just keeping the border, but, if I had to choose between a President who wants to ELIMINATE them (or at least de-facto is doing so) and one wanting to EXPAND them slightly (which, oddly, satisfies the UN ICESCR & ICCPR as a vote happened and the vast majority in parts of Ukraine, predominantly ethnic Russia and Tatars, voted for independence. Although the UN said that this doesn't matter.) I would choose expanding.

Pretty much sums up what I've been saying about conservatives for the past two plus years.

"Eliminate them?" Hyperbole.  Wasn't it you who went on about BPA Vega's murder by illegal criminals?  I don't think the money we are spending on interdiction is "eliminating" our borders.

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 09, 2014, 06:04:08 PM
Pretty much sums up what I've been saying about conservatives for the past two plus years.

"Eliminate them?" Hyperbole.  Wasn't it you who went on about BPA Vega's murder by illegal criminals?  I don't think the money we are spending on interdiction is "eliminating" our borders.
The fact that criminals can come across the border get fined $10 and a free trip home and then come back over and kill people proves the point. Or, better yet, dump their "kid" off and get him free healthcare, a stay in a resort, a free education, etc. But best is to sneak across and then have the anchor baby. Or bring the child earlier and become a "dreamer" and be praised by the President and others of his ilk, instead of playing by the rules, abiding the immigration system, etc.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on August 09, 2014, 06:12:55 PM
The fact that criminals can come across the border get fined $10 and a free trip home and then come back over and kill people proves the point. Or, better yet, dump their "kid" off and get him free healthcare, a stay in a resort, a free education, etc. But best is to sneak across and then have the anchor baby. Or bring the child earlier and become a "dreamer" and be praised by the President and others of his ilk, instead of playing by the rules, abiding the immigration system, etc.
Again with "his ilk".  Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than W. ever did, yet you consistently lie and say he's welcoming them with open arms.  Kids?  Yes.  42 year old felons? No.
You know the difference but, hey, why not conflate it for political convenience?  I wish you and your "ilk" (like Qunt Karl and, apparently, Batty Brooke) would just admit you despise Latinos, Asians, and other people who aren't white.
At least we could respect your honesty.

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 10, 2014, 10:52:01 AM
Again with "his ilk".  Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than W. ever did, yet you consistently lie and say he's welcoming them with open arms.  Kids?  Yes.  42 year old felons? No.
You know the difference but, hey, why not conflate it for political convenience?  I wish you and your "ilk" (like Qunt Karl and, apparently, Batty Brooke) would just admit you despise Latinos, Asians, and other people who aren't white.
The only reason Obama is encouraging the illegal immigration of children (some of which are "children" in their late teens and 20s) is not because of any care on a humanitarian level (if so he would want them to be reunited with their family and focus on helping Mexico and Central American countries deal with their corruption, economy, etc) but because it will help "fundamentally transform" the nation (as he promised to do) and, more importantly, help break the social system and public school system. Interestingly, to note this is why, especially before the press and country caught on to his nefarious scheme, he dumped most of the illegals in states that didn't support him politically. Why they are dumped in Arizona or Texas and let the schools there deal with the uneducated illegals (often illiterate even in their own language) but you won't see many a "dreamer" or illegal at Sidwell Friends, for example. You see for him he wants his children to go to a good school, not one saddled with uneducated, or even criminal, illegals. Oh, he is "all for public education", except, of course, for his own children. What is strange is that in at least one of the resorts for illegals here in Texas they are going to use charter schools to educate them. Contrary to Obama policy, statements about public education, NEA ideas, etc. Charter schools for illegals! But dare try if you are a poor black in an inner-city and the educational establishment and teacher unions will say "no way, public schools for you." Some of the illegals will be getting better education (certainly better housing with the bb courts, the flat-screen televisions, the land-line phones, A/C, and safety) than many American children. Your average illegal, even an adult illegal if caught or claiming the "refugee" excuse, gets better healthcare, better housing, better lawyers (all for free by the way) than an average US citizen or veteran who is poor or down on their luck or has a medical or mental health problem. Because Obama cares way more about them, due to his agenda of "fundamental change," than US citizens, especially because some of them might not have voted for him.

Again with "his ilk".  Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than W. ever did, yet you consistently lie and say he's welcoming them with open arms.  Kids?  Yes.  42 year old felons? No...

A new day, another lie from Obama (shocking, right?).  The Obama Administration now counts those turned away at the border as 'deported'.  Before Obama, those turned away at the border were NOT included as deported.  The reality is he is deporting very few.

By the way, people with facial hair and gang tattoos aren't really what people normally think of when we hear the word 'children'

... You know the difference but, hey, why not conflate it for political convenience?  I wish you and your "ilk" (like Qunt Karl and, apparently, Batty Brooke) would just admit you despise Latinos, Asians, and other people who aren't white.

In the first part of your post you were eager to point out Obama's deportation statistics.  Meaning you must have approved what you thought was a high deportation rate.  A couple of sentences later you are trying to smear those who think the border should be controlled as somehow 'racist'.  Which is it?

You and other posters wonder why I continue to point out the Democrat Party as the party of racism.   Obsessed with race, always using race, whether it was defending Slavery, then Segregation, or now to smear those who oppose Democrat policies (in this case those who think the border should be controlled). 

Yes, using race this way is racism.  And the D's do it constantly, purposefully.  Always have, apparently always will.

By the way, just what exactly is wrong with controlling our borders, requiring would be immigrants to follow our rules, and allow only as many as we can assimilate?  No really, I'd really like to know why you think that's somehow 'racist'.  Idiot.

I swear, if a bunch of cannibals from a south sea island wanted to walk across a border into our country - and promised to get on welfare and vote Democrat - Nancy Pelosi would be there to greet them with bowls of fried fingers to munch on.

And people like you would be denouncing anyone who said anything

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 10, 2014, 12:44:03 PM
A new day, another lie from Obama (shocking, right?).  The Obama Administration now counts those turned away at the border as 'deported'.  Before Obama, those turned away at the border were NOT included as deported.  The reality is he is deporting very few.

By the way, people with facial hair and gang tattoos aren't really what people normally think of when we hear the word 'children'

By the way, minor children refugees don't have facial hair and tattoos.  I also can find no link to Obama Admin. claiming to consider turned away illegals as "deported".  As usual, no source from you, just assertion to fit narrative.

QuoteIn the first part of your post you were eager to point out Obama's deportation statistics.
Actually, no I wasn't eager.  I was trying to correct the never-ending bullshit conservative narrative of Obama letting in tattoo'd, hairy faced felons with "open arms".  That's you presuming to know more than you do.  Again.

Quote...Meaning you must have approved what you thought was a high deportation rate.  A couple of sentences later you are trying to smear those who think the border should be controlled as somehow 'racist'.  Which is it?
Typical conservative, stuck in "either/or" "up/down".  I don't approve of the high deportation rate.  (Again, you presume too much.) I also point out that the borders are being guarded by the highest ever amount of Customs/ICE agents, yet people, poor, tired, yearning to be free, come here.  Despite pissed off white shut ins wanting their brown asses gone.
I don't have any particular reason to want to keep out people who want to be Americans.  Yet I see references to "petrie dish" and other denegration of South American immigrants.  But, by God, don't care call you racist.

QuoteYou and other posters wonder why I continue to point out the Democrat Party as the party of racism.
I've never wondered.  It's the typical horse crap false moral equivalency argument you conservatives make to justify your appalling behavior.   

QuoteObsessed with race, always using race, whether it was defending Slavery...
You mean, southern conservatives?  Democrats then, not now. Not since the '60's, but any rational person knows this. God you always want to have it both ways. 

QuoteYes, using race this way is racism.
Based on your false premise and presumptions?  Might be, nut, as usual, your assertions don't jibe with reality.

QuoteAnd the D's do it constantly, purposefully.  Always have, apparently always will.
Because "D's" today believe in equality of all human beings.  Because you are white, male, and own property does not make you superior.  America was established as a place where other people came from around the world to exercise their human rights in a nation that strives to protect them.  Yet you and your cohort think it all belongs to you and this is the moment in history to close the door up behind you and keep it all for yourself.  Such arrogance.

QuoteBy the way, just what exactly is wrong with controlling our borders, requiring would be immigrants to follow our rules, and allow only as many as we can assimilate?  No really, I'd really like to know why you think that's somehow 'racist'.  Idiot.
First, loveless shut-in, I do advocate a lawful process to enter this country.  To be frank, just letting people walk in at will does cause logistical issues, possible public health issues, and even criminal/security issues.  However, who chooses "assimilation"?  How does a country of 300+ million decide who gets in and who doesn't?  Country of origin?  Personal wealth upon entry?  Desirability of ethnic origin? 
What happens here in this forum, however, (as well as along the border), is a consistent drum beat about the desirability of the current crop of people trying to realize the American Dream.  Too brown?  Too poor? Too ethnic?  Too bad.  It was good enough for boatloads of Greeks, Irish, and Italians, but not you.

QuoteI swear, if a bunch of cannibals from a south sea island wanted to walk across a border into our country - and promised to get on welfare and vote Democrat - Nancy Pelosi would be there to greet them with bowls of fried fingers to munch on.
Really, Captain Hyperbole?  I think you've just proven that you're the real idiot.

QuoteAnd people like you would be denouncing anyone who said anything
Anything irrational, race, or class based?  You bet your shriveled, frightened ass I would.