• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Seamus Capone

Quote from: The General on March 15, 2012, 09:39:01 AMI had the biggest crush on her in the 80's.  I was just a kid, but damn, I watched Taxi reruns just for her.

I watched the show after it was syndicated, and I had a bigger crush on Latka's girlfriend. I was a weird kid.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 15, 2012, 09:49:12 AMMcCartney wasn't on that exact episode,I believe. However he did have an album Flowers in the Dirt forthcoming and new single "My Brave Face" out at the time.

I forgot about that song, which makes me glad that I don't have hyperthymesia. I'm a McCartney fan, but "My Brave Face" ain't exactly "Yesterday".

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Seamus Capone on March 15, 2012, 11:37:43 PM
I forgot about that song, which makes me glad that I don't have hyperthymesia. I'm a McCartney fan, but "My Brave Face" ain't exactly "Yesterday".
It was better than his two prior hits "Spies Like Us" or "Press"...but like you say, it's not what made him famous. Actually, "My Brave Face" was his last top 40 single to date(left charts in July 1989) on the Billboard Hot 100. So McCartney hasn't had a hit single since the Berlin Wall was standing.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 16, 2012, 12:48:49 AMIt was better than his two prior hits "Spies Like Us" or "Press"...but like you say, it's not what made him famous. Actually, "My Brave Face" was his last top 40 single to date(left charts in July 1989) on the Billboard Hot 100. So McCartney hasn't had a hit single since the Berlin Wall was standing.

I can't decide which was worse, the song or the movie. The Berlin Wall? Dang, that's depressing. I didn't realize that it had been that long. I saw him in concert a few years back, and he put on a great show. He still had the chops and the licks. It lasted about as long as a Springsteen gig too. For full disclosure purposes, I'm one of those annoying Beatlemaniacs.

MV/Liberace!

for the record, i've asked eddie (i think twice) to appear as a co-host on the podcast, but he gets jittery every time i bring it up.  perhaps the rest of you can pressure him.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 16, 2012, 01:20:27 AM
for the record, i've asked eddie (i think twice) to appear as a co-host on the podcast, but he gets jittery every time i bring it up.  perhaps the rest of you can pressure him.

This is a great idea!

Quote from: Agent : Orange on March 16, 2012, 05:23:15 AM
This is a great idea!
That Eddie could co-host, I mean. Not the pressuring part.
Yeah.

BobGrau

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 16, 2012, 01:20:27 AM

yeah, come on freakboy, dance for us!!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Seamus Capone on March 16, 2012, 01:12:16 AM
I can't decide which was worse, the song or the movie. The Berlin Wall? Dang, that's depressing. I didn't realize that it had been that long. I saw him in concert a few years back, and he put on a great show. He still had the chops and the licks. It lasted about as long as a Springsteen gig too. For full disclosure purposes, I'm one of those annoying Beatlemaniacs.

The Stones haven't had a top 40 single since "Rock and A Hard Place", which peaked around the time Ceausescu was being "relieved" of his duties in late December,1989. The Who's last top 40 single was when the Tylenol poisonings were happening in October,1982. So McCartney shouldn't feel alone in the increasingly ignored legend category

Spies Like Us, the video was worse than the song and movie....no mean feat.

Eddie Coyle

I'll be on eventually...but my cancer kazoo needs new batteries, so I sound awful right now.

McPhallus

Man, you're like human Wikipedia.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 16, 2012, 10:13:03 AM
       The Stones haven't had a top 40 single since "Rock and A Hard Place", which peaked around the time Ceausescu was being "relieved" of his duties in late December,1989. The Who's last top 40 single was when the Tylenol poisonings were happening in October,1982. So McCartney shouldn't feel alone in the increasingly ignored legend category

Spies Like Us, the video was worse than the song and movie....no mean feat.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie CoyleSo McCartney shouldn't feel alone in the increasingly ignored
McCarteny's most recent efforts have been pretty good

b_dubb

I wonder if Art Bell ever appeared on an episode of Supernatural. Also he'd make a great Head In A Jar on Futurama

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on March 17, 2012, 02:07:19 PM
I wonder if Art Bell ever appeared on an episode of Supernatural. Also he'd make a great Head In A Jar on Futurama

He was in the abysmal "I Know Who Killed Me" with Lindsay Lohan. I think Art found that script in Pauly Shore's garbage bin.

BobGrau

heheh look what ad just came up for me...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on March 18, 2012, 04:14:23 PM
heheh look what ad just came up for me...

lol, nice.  ad revenues are up this month.  now i know why.

MV/Liberace!

within the last 7 days, 154 different registered users have visited coastgab at least once.  that's really cool.  this place is so active.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 18, 2012, 11:24:19 PM
within the last 7 days, 154 different registered users have visited coastgab at least once.  that's really cool.  this place is so active.
in contrast I noticed that all of the boards that Noory promotes every Friday on the air are totally dead - each of them have only 3 or 4 regulars posting now.
Is it a coincidence...  8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Morgus on March 18, 2012, 11:36:26 PM
in contrast I noticed that all of the boards that Noory promotes every Friday on the air are totally dead - each of them have only 3 or 4 regulars posting now.
Is it a coincidence...  8)

that's because the MINUTE those boards start getting on-air plugs from noory, the admins/moderators implement a policy of censorship to protect the free promotion.  turns out, it's quite counterproductive. i'm happy we're endorsed by nobody here at coastgab... although i am happy art has posted here a couple times.  that was very cool to see.

Harmness

Michael, do you get anything when someone clicks through an ad on this board?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Harmness on March 19, 2012, 04:14:04 PM
Michael, do you get anything when someone clicks through an ad on this board?

yeah, google pays me for ad clicks.

Harmness

Well, then, I guess it's time for me to find out what all those Asian hotties have in store for me.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Harmness on March 19, 2012, 04:22:11 PM
Well, then, I guess it's time for me to find out what all those Asian hotties have in store for me.

I say that "Jenny" ("age 28, Vietnam") is a tranny.

Harmness

Pfft.  Jenny's easy.  You'll never guess what all five of the foods you shouldn't eat are.

Eddie Coyle

Is telling your boss, "this fuckin' place better hire grief counselors" inappropriate or vaguely threatening?

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 19, 2012, 09:08:24 PM

Is telling your boss, "this fuckin' place better hire grief counselors" inappropriate or vaguely threatening?

I'm not sure, but it is pretty damned funny!

WOTR

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 19, 2012, 09:08:24 PM

I'll let you know tomorrow if I remember (damned ADD.)  My boss has a pretty good sense of humour and I am in the mood to find out.  It has to be the best question I have heard in a really long time.

ksm32

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 21, 2010, 12:03:43 AM
this is actually a good thread, and nobody has done this before.  here's my first contribution.

why in the FUCK is it that everything i buy has to be made of particle board?  why?  do we still use actual wood for anything?  it's so annoying.
Im a Hardwood flooring installer... yer cuttin deep Michael ! ;) . I also install alot of laminate "particle board"  alot of it is made in CHINA!  but I wont rant on that. When my daughter was 8 I remember her getting very mad at all her toys n Christmas gifts that were made in korea or china etc. Im still proud of that.
In 1992 I dated an asian woman for some time, one night I turned her under side up.. Made In Canada! it said. Im still proud of that!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: ksm32 on March 20, 2012, 11:19:06 PM
In 1992 I dated an asian woman for some time, one night I turned her under side up.. Made In Canada! it said. Im still proud of that!

Are you sure it didn't say "Assembled in Canada"?