• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is Ellgab a Fan site for?..

Started by WhiteCrow, October 07, 2018, 11:44:04 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on October 15, 2018, 11:03:44 AM
just a little "intelligence" had been added to the mix

[attachment=1,msg1266972]

Welcome back, K_Dubb! (note: picture likely unrelated)

Metron2267

Drama it is, endless drama and conflict...

This was initially on Bart's twitter feed, now over to Keef's:

https://twitter.com/KeithRowland
Keith Rowland

@KeithRowland
Oct 11
More
I’m looking at you LNM.

New Law Helps Musicians Get Paid Fairly For Their Work

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 15, 2018, 11:10:34 AM
Drama it is, endless drama and conflict...

This was initially on Bart's twitter feed, now over to Keef's:

https://twitter.com/KeithRowland
Keith Rowland

@KeithRowland
Oct 11
More
I’m looking at you LNM.

New Law Helps Musicians Get Paid Fairly For Their Work

WHAT a jerk!

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 15, 2018, 11:06:58 AM
Haha I am only in this for the drama at this point (thanks, bellgab) and he makes lots of it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Liberace! on October 15, 2018, 10:51:37 AM
those poor little things.

Indeed.  I have been poncing about writing bad poetry in my underclothes here for years, blissfully unmolested.  What people are afraid of, I'll never know.

Metron2267

And let's not forget how the crab bucket sent in complaints to the state of Nevada over Heather's guitar giveaway...

Just a really unfriendly bunch a crabs over at ellgab...

:(

Laurakinch

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 15, 2018, 10:45:30 AM
A week or two after he set up ellgab Bart said he had outsourced it -- I think it was down for a bit.  My guess is that, if Keef is involved, that's when he stepped in.  So the original intent probably changed.  And enough people said things about how MV ran the place that it ould have been difficult to go back.

Bart and Dave are not in lockstep.  Dave wants people to stop pranking Heather, holding the prospect of taking calls hostage to good behavior, while Bart rewards people for it.

Interesting. This would explain a lot. It has morphed from being a site for BG members to meet up after the close down, to the ellgab crew taking themselves a bit too seriously. Seems they are attempting to run it like a business, mainly to support DS and the network, and structuring content for the bartcast instead of a podcast where forum members can just have fun talking to each other about whatever.

Those with the inside scoop have told me they have no idea who bart ell is, which ordinarily wouldn't matter as these are anonymous forums for the most part. but i started feeling icky about the whole thing when folks told me BE (or maybe it's now keith?), instructed them not to mention or discuss bellgab, and instead to focus on ellgab, DS and his show, the network, etc., which could lead to something bigger. I said wait a minute, has anyone even spoken with BE the phone at all re: these instructions? Answer was no. That pissed me off. It's like the great oz or some shit. I guess if folks don't mind following orders of a puppet master sight unseen then that's up to them. But I don't see it lasting much longer.

K_Dubb

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 15, 2018, 10:51:59 AM

He explained it one night, calling for civility, and said he'd take calls when things calmed down.  I was so astonished this passed without comment that I posted it in his thread the morning after.

He said Heather's fans made farting noises when they first tried taking calls, and that's why they stopped.  I never really considered the rhetorical possibilities of a fart before but, for some things, it's the only adequate rejoinder.

Jackstar

Quote from: Laurakinch on October 15, 2018, 11:44:50 AM
I guess if folks don't mind following orders of a puppet master sight unseen then

[attachment=1]

Lilith

Interesting. This would explain a lot. It has morphed from being a site for BG members to meet up after the close down, to the ellgab crew taking themselves a bit too seriously. Seems they are attempting to run it like a business, mainly to support DS and the network, and structuring content for the bartcast instead of a podcast where forum members can just have fun talking to each other about whatever.

Those with the inside scoop have told me they have no idea who bart ell is, which ordinarily wouldn't matter as these are anonymous forums for the most part. but i started feeling icky about the whole thing when folks told me BE (or maybe it's now keith?), instructed them not to mention or discuss bellgab, and instead to focus on ellgab, DS and his show, the network, etc., which could lead to something bigger. I said wait a minute, has anyone even spoken with BE the phone at all re: these instructions? Answer was no. That pissed me off. It's like the great oz or some shit. I guess if folks don't mind following orders of a puppet master sight unseen then that's up to them. But I don't see it lasting much longer.

Same experience for me.  I started out being extremely grateful that Bart was generously providing us with a backup for Bellgab, then rather quickly, started feeling like I was at the DMDN Fan site.  And I'm not remotely a DMDN Fan, not in any way, shape or form.  I felt pretty sure I didn't belong there, except Bart kept making me feel like I belonged there anyway.  Usually, it felt like Bart was the ONLY one that felt I belonged there.  It felt creepy there to me.  I had the feeling I was surrounded by a lot of Dave and Keith fans from Facebook.  Also, it seemed like the membership was primarily women.  I could be wrong.

Jackstar

Quote from: brig on October 15, 2018, 11:58:36 AM
Bart was generous

Nothing says "generous" like "give me your IP address."

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2018, 12:01:24 PM

Well yes, there was that issue as well.  I couldn't enter the chat with my VPN, so I did feel like my IP address was being closely watched for some reason.

Quote from: brig on October 15, 2018, 11:58:36 AM
It felt creepy there to me.

Also, it seemed like the membership was primarily women.

Makes sense.

ONeill

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 09, 2018, 09:35:03 PM
You're the best Brig, that profile cap is unreal... I stopped visiting because the Bart Ell meme got cringey af, went back for the first time in a while, saw there was a Bartcast, ran through two episodes. I was pretty surprised to hear Ponyboy talk about the zoo and how the SJW tier 'faggot is a hurtful word' moderation made the place so much better. Got banned within an hour of posting a thought about it, lol.

Fuck that place, we're back.

Oh FFS.. I haven't been over there for a while, I had no idea any of this was even happening. How on Earth did this happen? Bart was one of the funniest people on the Internet. And now what? This?

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 09, 2018, 09:35:03 PM
Fuck that place

Yes, with a cement mixer.

Laurakinch

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2018, 11:51:36 AM

Don't you have some flowers to deliver and female customers to stalk? Or don't you have a job anymore?

Probably not since you're always on here, bitter that even the DMV wouldn't hire a jibbering meth head nutjob like you.

Jackstar

[attachment=1]

Quote from: Laurakinch on October 15, 2018, 12:31:09 PM
a jibbering meth head nutjob like you

[LIBEL/SLANDER SUBROUTINE ACTIVATED]

Metron2267

It's like the great oz or some shit. I guess if folks don't mind following orders of a puppet master sight unseen then that's up to them. But I don't see it lasting much longer.

You have cut to the core of the rot - manipulation and curtains.

How does anyone find that "entertaining"?

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 15, 2018, 11:44:52 AM
He said Heather's fans made farting noises when they first tried taking calls, and that's why they stopped. 
Heather's fans can't even be bothered calling into her own show let alone pranking Dave.  It just seems all too convenient. Does dave take calls on his other shows?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on October 15, 2018, 12:38:29 PM
Heather's fans can't even be bothered calling into her own show let alone pranking Dave.  It just seems all too convenient. Does dave take calls on his other shows?

I'm not sure.  Getting mad on the air when you get them is a sure way to get more, no matter what sympathies you might wish to impute to the prankster.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 15, 2018, 11:22:31 AM
Indeed.  I have been poncing about writing bad poetry in my underclothes here for years, blissfully unmolested.

Next time you're looking to be molested you'd better put some clothes on. The sight of that pasty torso must put off even the most determined pervert. Not to mention those string briefs you got from the dollar store.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 15, 2018, 01:41:09 PM
Next time you're looking to be molested you'd better put some clothes on. The sight of that pasty torso must put off even the most determined pervert. Not to mention those string briefs you got from the dollar store.

Ha! 'twas unearned luck to 'scape the serpent's tongue thus far.

Actually it doesn't feel right without you shredding my prosody.  I didn't learn the famous Mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun is a ruthless parody until a few years ago -- shameful failure of our educational system.  Those old guys were fierce.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2018, 12:01:24 PM
When the site first went up, the registration page also wanted your phone  #.
MAJOR RED FLAG !

Jackstar

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 15, 2018, 02:07:19 PM
the registration page also wanted your phone  #.

I ignored the site for a momth, and so never saw this. What a laugh.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2018, 02:11:47 PM
I ignored the site for a momth, and so never saw this. What a laugh.
I was searching for prank phone #'s to enter in, but most were from the 70's to the 90's and didn't work anymore.
Some were pretty funny though.
One was supposed to ring and never pick up, then call the number of the person who dialed in, 5 minutes later, and kick on a recording of heavy breathing.   ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 15, 2018, 02:05:06 PM
Ha! 'twas unearned luck to 'scape the serpent's tongue thus far.

Actually it doesn't feel right without you shredding my prosody.  I didn't learn the famous Mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun is a ruthless parody until a few years ago -- shameful failure of our educational system.  Those old guys were fierce.

The great (but shamefully neglected) Anthony Burgess wrote a book called 'Nothing Like the Sun', which is a fictionalized biography of Shakespeare with shades of James Joyce. It's an interesting curiosity you might appreciate.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 15, 2018, 02:24:12 PM
The great (but shamefully neglected) Anthony Burgess wrote a book called 'Nothing Like the Sun', which is a fictionalized biography of Shakespeare with shades of James Joyce. It's an interesting curiosity you might appreciate.

Thanks!  Ordered it.

I can't believe we studied that poem both in high school and college.  In high school, it was all about loving someone in spite of imperfections, and in college it was about maybe she was black, in the typical American preoccupation with race.  Disgraceful.

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 15, 2018, 02:24:12 PM

Burgess..."neglected"???

Hardly.