• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

Ruteger

I take exception to your argument. Ms. Howe delivers her reports in an extremely professional and succinct manner. She does not slur or spit or fumble her commentary like Noory. What's with your hate?

======================================================================================================================================

quote author=McPhallus link=topic=929.msg64168#msg64168 date=1332809974]

I agree.  It's not her or how she looks, it's just that her delivery is pedantic and lacks any creativity or improvisation.  Her enthusiasm seems to be limited to acquiring facts and data without making any conclusions or humanizing anything.

McPhallus

No personality.  I would actually prefer less professionalism if she'd at least have something to say other than just relating information in a dull way.  She's like a phone book.

Quote from: Ruteger on March 30, 2012, 06:33:10 PM
I take exception to your argument. Ms. Howe delivers her reports in an extremely professional and succinct manner. She does not slur or spit or fumble her commentary like Noory. What's with your hate?

======================================================================================================================================

I agree.  It's not her or how she looks, it's just that her delivery is pedantic and lacks any creativity or improvisation.  Her enthusiasm seems to be limited to acquiring facts and data without making any conclusions or humanizing anything.

PChirp

Quote from: Ruteger on March 30, 2012, 06:33:10 PM

Quote from: McPhallus on March 30, 2012, 06:43:17 PM

No personality.  I would actually prefer less professionalism if she'd at least have something to say other than just relating information in a dull way.  She's like a phone book.

see reply #72----McPhallus, you ARE correct sir!

You know, I see a lot of negative posts on Linda, but I have to say, I like her. She is a serious investigator, with good credentials, and truly has a love for her work.

In fact, I have to confess that she once interviewed a friend of a friend regarding a UFO incident that occurred over a missile site out in Wyoming back in the 70`s (I think). My friend was stationed there and HIS friend -- who witnessed the "UFO" -- was briefly interviewed by Linda. He said she was extremely professional, gracious and thorough and didn`t embellish a single thing. That`s good enough for me.

venkman71

QuoteOn the fence as well, HOWEVER, it's all in her delivery.  The written word is one thing but radio is NOT her gig--she sucks.  Monotone, scripted, annoying and that "quote"/"close quote" verbalization bullshit is beyond nerve grating.

.............My wife read that over my shoulder and said, "That sounds like you in the car earlier!"

We were driving to breakfast this morning and I was listening to the replay and I said that very same thing.

Linda DOES do some great investigating and reports on many topics I find fascinating but it's that droning, monotone, scripted, teleprompter delivery that grates on me.

It's like a fifth grade history teacher,...."Bueller? Bueller?..........Bueller? Frye?,.......Frye?,........FRYE?.........something-D-O-O economics?"

Yeah,...and that "quote, closed quote" lunacy.

Cripes!

I'm so glad to find out that I'm not going nuts, (well,....over the coast thing at least). I've thought this stuff for so long and now I know where the rest of my people went.  :P

BobGrau

I've heard shows where Linda is in the studio, with the same audio tweaking that Noory gets - she sounds fine.

This brings up something I've occasionally thought about when listening to radio interviews - why does every phone-guest sound so terrible? We live in the FUTURE. Decent home microphones are not expensive or unusual items to have lying around.

Quote from: BobGrau on March 31, 2012, 01:47:50 PM
I've heard shows where Linda is in the studio, with the same audio tweaking that Noory gets - she sounds fine.

This brings up something I've occasionally thought about when listening to radio interviews - why does every phone-guest sound so terrible? We live in the FUTURE. Decent home microphones are not expensive or unusual items to have lying around.

I am so used to hearing the phone guest sound like shit that it was confusing the first time I heard a skype interview on a radio show.

Morgus

Quote from: BobGrau on March 31, 2012, 01:47:50 PM
The guests call in on low quality phones and lines, loses the high frequencies.

analog kid

My brother-in-law is blind and won't listen to Linda at all. He can't stand her voice, for some reason. Blind people are real particular about these things, and she drives him crazy.

tweet75

It sounds like he prerecords the interview with linda. Its hardly an interview anyway since she talks 25 minutes of each hour shes done. Does george do the first hour of the show and just let a recording play the rest of the night when she is on?

aldousburbank

Quote from: analog kid on March 31, 2012, 05:13:23 PM
Blind people are real particular about these things, and she drives him crazy.
The deaf find her only slightly annoying.

McPhallus

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 31, 2012, 08:44:50 PM
The deaf find her only slightly annoying.

Helen Keller is still on the fence.

preston

Quote from: analog kid on March 31, 2012, 05:13:23 PM
My brother-in-law is blind and won't listen to Linda at all. He can't stand her voice, for some reason. Blind people are real particular about these things, and she drives him crazy.
I am not blind and I can't stand her voice

Ruteger

Anyone seen pics of Brigette Bardot lately? I rest my case.

AlaskaGuy

Can't stand LMH, whether we're talking content or delivery.  As has been pointed out, sounds like she's just reading from a crumpled up paper in front of the class, and that she fills in the blanks with various interview sound bytes.  Kills me when she does the whole "Quote...closed quote" thing, over and over and over and over and over again.  Too, I love it when she asks one leading question after another of someone she's ostensibly interviewing, and they consistently, completely contradict her and the direction in which she is trying to rhetorically drag them. I can just picture her smothering the microphone, waving her hands in the air, twitching her fingers in that ridiculous bunny-ears motion thing that some people insist on doing when emphasizing quotation marks.  Suprised if Snoory is actually even in the studio.  Kind of like a free "come in an hour late to work" day.  Just cue up her audio file and let it go---literally just phoning in his show.

Quote from: AlaskaGuy on April 05, 2012, 09:54:51 PM
I can just picture her smothering the microphone, waving her hands in the air, twitching her fingers in that ridiculous bunny-ears motion

Sounds hot.

See reply 66.

PChirp

Quote from: AlaskaGuy on April 05, 2012, 09:54:51 PM
...I can just picture her smothering the microphone, waving her hands in the air, twitching her fingers in that ridiculous bunny-ears motion thing that some people insist on doing when emphasizing quotation marks...

I can imagine Linda getting all worked up, sportin' headphones, furiously trying to "end quote" all the "quotes" she doles out during an interview.  Makes me wonder if she keeps a running tally on scratch paper or something.  I will say (as much I freakin' hate to) that she is much better in the studio with Georgie.  Why he doesn't just schedule her on Fridays each month and take a long weekend is beyond me.  Let her host the entire show---its not like he's really going to be missed. :o

Ruteger

LMH - non threatening. Pleasant voice. Professional. Case Closed!!!

b_dubb

<quote>
Quote from: Ruteger on April 06, 2012, 06:29:35 PM
LMH - non threatening. Pleasant voice. Professional. Case Closed!!!
<\close quote>
LMH - hack attack. She thinks the dragonfly/drone UFOs are credible. She also continues to report crop circles. She needs to get her head checked

Frys Girl

Yay! Linda solved the honey bee colony collapse!
Also, it Bath, England as in bathub.

PChirp

(Quote) Honeybees! (Close Quote)  LMH--love ya, mean it!

ZombiePoppa

I think Linda's guest spots are alright. George is basically left to STFU for a while and she actually investigates weird shit, interviews people and has follow up questions for those people. Her voice can get a little monotonous though.

texaskdog

Quote from: ZombiePoppa on April 27, 2012, 05:10:44 AM
I think Linda's guest spots are alright. George is basically left to STFU for a while and she actually investigates weird shit, interviews people and has follow up questions for those people. Her voice can get a little monotonous though.

Sometimes you know George walks out and comes back half an hour later, an off night for him.  I dont know why she has to have three full hours, never reaches any conclusions about anything (great, another roswell witness), not a good voice.  Glad she is on fridays because my downloads are always 2 days behind so on Monday I still have Friday & Saturday to listen to.  Still, she's the worst C2C guest.

Celtic814

She's dull and boring alright! I also find Dr. Bruce Goldberg to be another guest I can't stand!

texaskdog

By far the worst guest.  She rehashes old & boring stories, draws no new conclusions, takes over the show....must..go. 

margoloo

Can this woman not talk without a script?  By far one of the worst presenters on C2C. She drives me insane.   ::)

texaskdog

Quote from: margoloo on April 27, 2012, 12:42:24 PM
Can this woman not talk without a script?  By far one of the worst presenters on C2C. She drives me insane.   ::)

Even talking without reading would be a small step up.

Maybe once a month we at Coastgab should decide who the worst guest is, and write letters and get rid of them one at a time, starting with LMH

margoloo

Quote from: texaskdog on April 27, 2012, 01:09:53 PM
Even talking without reading would be a small step up.

Maybe once a month we at Coastgab should decide who the worst guest is, and write letters and get rid of them one at a time, starting with LMH

Ooh. That would be fun but so hard!  If that woman says, "closed quote," one more time......

ZombiePoppa

I can think of dozens of worse guests than Linda. I guess she should tie everything up in a little bow at the end of the interview like some kinda sitcom where we all reach a happy conclusion.