Voting closed: November 04, 2015, 10:11:10 PM

norland2424

Quote from: Barfly on October 29, 2015, 12:57:46 AM
When life was simple and holdings hands with your girl meant something..tnx bro

cuban hookers let you hold their hands  :o ;D

nbirnes

Quote from: trostol on October 29, 2015, 12:56:21 AM
never got into trailer park boys..need to give it another chance

I've never seen anything like it. There is always hope, making the best of a bad situation, figuring out how to survive. If you come to like them, there's a lot of fun ahead. And also Swearnet.com to explore.

Scully

Loved the show tonight.  Always enjoy Bill.  Enjoyed the other guy, too.  Art makes it all seem 3-dimensional.  Happy Camper here. Halowe'en week going well for me. 

(Gotta admit I'm surprised that Art hadn't heard about the Amityville story being faked.)  :o

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Barfly on October 29, 2015, 12:47:59 AM
I'm FAR from a Republican, i have no party, but i do vote Libertarian most of the time.
And everybody knows im a dirty old man

I love the Trailer Park Boys. Just finished all the seasons now onto the movies.
I also am a Libertarian. It's like a dirty word around here.
Bill & Lehey thing, OMG ;D

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 29, 2015, 05:38:53 AM
I love the Trailer Park Boys. Just finished all the seasons now onto the movies.
a vampiric libertarian , theres an oxymoron.
the republicrats and demicons all want to suck us dry. then sell off whats left. libertarians dont  want that.

b_dubb

Quote from: wr250 on October 29, 2015, 06:13:28 AM
a vampiric libertarian , theres an oxymoron.
the republicrats and demicons all want to suck us dry. then sell off whats left. libertarians dont  want that.
Except that libertarian vampires want to literally suck us dry. And not in a good way.

weedeater

HeHeHe,   Rickeeeeee and JULIAN.    Show has deteriorated into a shitstorm of fun.

scottydawg

Really, some folks were entertained by this? Guess you love to have your intelligence insulted!
These 2  guys should have started off saying, "Allow us to introduce ourselves, Bunk and Hokum, Charlatans at Large!"
With the mostly Crapenzola shows this week I'm beginning think there is a C2C mole inside the MITD crew.
"Let's book the guests even Jorch wouldn't talk too! Let's take down the interweb so Art can't go on the air!"
Where's Doctor Kaku? Where's the GIS folks we were told would be on this week? We want good guests with great
stories and reports. Not Tall Tales with holes so big in them you could fly a 747 thru! At least we are getting Dr. Tyson tonight.
And now I look forward to OSOM with Uncle Richard. He may not intentionally be funny, but he's a great straight man!

ZomZom

This show was a classic.  Joel Martin's Amityville hoax debunking was great material, and Bill Birnes' claims regarding Malachi Martin are a bit doubtful but still a fun tale.  And the crazy callers were mostly Canadian or Brits (I suspect one was even a member of that new group the Silver Beetles).

4/5

bateman

Quote from: scottydawg on October 29, 2015, 07:04:04 AM
Really, some folks were entertained by this? Guess you love to have your intelligence insulted!
These 2  guys should have started off saying, "Allow us to introduce ourselves, Bunk and Hokum, Charlatans at Large!"
With the mostly Crapenzola shows this week I'm beginning think there is a C2C mole inside the MITD crew.
"Let's book the guests even Jorch wouldn't talk too! Let's take down the interweb so Art can't go on the air!"
Where's Doctor Kaku? Where's the GIS folks we were told would be on this week? We want good guests with great
stories and reports. Not Tall Tales with holes so big in them you could fly a 747 thru! At least we are getting Dr. Tyson tonight.
And now I look forward to OSOM with Uncle Richard. He may not intentionally be funny, but he's a great straight man!

Monday & Tuesday guests were brutal but I quite enjoyed last night.

VtaGeezer

Best show in a couple weeks. Last night may not exactly be a classic show, but i think it was classic Art Bell.  Entertaining paranormal BS couched in Art's finely honed "I'm shocked; shocked...!!" incredulity.  I can't say much about the Amityville guy, and there's no news in it being a hoax AFAIC, but Art's enthusiasm for the topic carried it.  Amityville, along with "The Exorcist" were classics of entertainment-driven public hysteria that still lingers.  Birnes is a producer/writer/host of shlock pop paranormal TV and when ever he's on, I assume he's in character. Look for a new Birnes/History Channel production soon "The Exorcist and the Mystery of the Pharoah's Alien Data".  I always really enjoyed Malachi Martin in the '90s, but he was 90% gifted Irish storyteller, 10% Jesuit Catholic priest, and a hell of a self-promoter who found the perfect platform for his mystical blarney on Art's C2C.  By that time his priestly career was long over; technically a priest but basically a secular writer who happened to once be ordained.  Fr.Malachi a CIA spook?? You bet, just like there's an undersea alien base in Santa Monica Bay. 

Quote from: b_dubb on October 29, 2015, 06:51:50 AM
Except that libertarian vampires want to literally suck us dry. And not in a good way.

"Bleed the Beast"

ziznak

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 29, 2015, 12:58:25 AM
But Barfly is going to call in and give me a shout out!
ha! i heard that call the other night... hoaxy bitched him out tho from what I remember?  what an ungrateful bastard that hoaxy.

I just got to the Bill Birnes stuff! first half was interesting.  So far so good on second half?? this was a split show??

Barfly

Quote from: ponyboysunset on October 29, 2015, 05:38:53 AM
Sandra is a closet Republican..who am i kidding, i can do that to her.
She better have a thong in that Avatar on Halloween.
Nice to see you are a Libertarian, our motto is"We always Loose" LOL
Never give up  8)

henge0stone

Gave it a 5, easily best show this week so far. I love when clearly debunked cases get brought up again. I'm proud of Art addressing this. The Malachi Martin thing I'm not sure of its probably BS but it was interesting. The ghost stories throughout the show, as well as Birnes semi debunking Corso, were both great too. I had nothing against Corso but Birnes being the co writer for his book would be the one to know.

The Philips experiment where people actually created a ghost was touched on briefly, I heard about this but desperately want to hear more about it. Can't wait for Dead Air!

311guy1

Quote from: henge0stone on October 30, 2015, 06:04:25 PM
Gave it a 5, easily best show this week so far. I love when clearly debunked cases get brought up again. I'm proud of Art addressing this. The Malachi Martin thing I'm not sure of its probably BS but it was interesting. The ghost stories throughout the show, as well as Birnes semi debunking Corso, were both great too. I had nothing against Corso but Birnes being the co writer for his book would be the one to know.

The Philips experiment where people actually created a ghost was touched on briefly, I heard about this but desperately want to hear more about it. Can't wait for Dead Air!

I love Birnes' past work with UFO Hunters, but the guy can be overbearing sometimes. I've listened to some old Future Theater eps with guests I like and man that guy thinks highly of himself. It would be interesting to listen to the old C2C ep with Corso and Birnes (I think Birnes was on the same show as Corso, if I remember correctly) to see if he was talking Corso up back then, but now decides to call the guy out on his BS.

Birnes always reminds me of a little dog amongst a pack of larger dogs, always jumping up and chiming in trying to gets their attention.

nbirnes

Quote from: 311guy1 on October 30, 2015, 06:19:09 PM
I love Birnes' past work with UFO Hunters, but the guy can be overbearing sometimes. I've listened to some old Future Theater eps with guests I like and man that guy thinks highly of himself. It would be interesting to listen to the old C2C ep with Corso and Birnes (I think Birnes was on the same show as Corso, if I remember correctly) to see if he was talking Corso up back then, but now decides to call the guy out on his BS.

Birnes always reminds me of a little dog amongst a pack of larger dogs, always jumping up and chiming in trying to gets their attention.

He is short in stature, but on the radio, that shouldn't matter. He appeared with Corso and LMH on the Art Bell show introducing Corso and the book in 1997. There was another interview with Corso and John Alexander a bit after that. He's a very part-time UFO researcher, but a full-time writer in true-crime and biography. I think way more highly of him than anyone.

Ciardelo

Quote from: nbirnes on October 30, 2015, 06:25:18 PM
He is short in stature, but on the radio, that shouldn't matter. He appeared with Corso and LMH on the Art Bell show introducing Corso and the book in 1997. There was another interview with Corso and John Alexander a bit after that. He's a very part-time UFO researcher, but a full-time writer in true-crime and biography. I think way more highly of him than anyone.
As you should. ;)

henge0stone

I was never super impressed with Birnes. UFO Hunters was good but he came off as gullible, believing just about every crackpot story out there. They brought on a more skeptical person who really gave the show balance, not sure if that was his idea or not but whoever brought him on it helped.

Apparently he has a PHD in Medieval literature. I would actually rather hear him talk about Medieval literature since its an interesting subject and one never discussed on the show before.

LouSheehan

Quote from: nbirnes on October 30, 2015, 06:25:18 PM

In retrospect it is now clear to me that I should have done what was necessary to arrange for BellGab to be inaccessible to Nancy's eyes.

Weirdoradio

I finally got around to listening to this one today.

This was one of my fav episodes in recent memory. The Amityville hoax stuff combined with the Malachi Martin bombshells made for a hell of an entertaining episode.