• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Live Shooters Las Vegas Several Dead at Mandalay Bay

Started by chefist, October 01, 2017, 11:27:34 PM

Gd5150

What a tragedy. Nice to see the predictable lack of sympathy and concern from the leftwing lemmings here who can't contain their glee. Congrats losers, your irrelevance grows every day.

Fortunately adults are in charge and will be handling this matter properly while the left predictably tries to exploit it for political gains.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 09:19:42 AM
Legal or not it was effective. And the police say he had several rifles in the room, presumably legally owned? A round doesn't know or care if the barrel it came out of was legal or not. They still hurt.

The 'right' will use it for political gain. Wouldn't surprise me if such as Alex Jones will advocate manditory carrying of firearms everywhere you go.

Of course, it was effective. Dynamite could also be used as an effective weapon but that doesn't mean that most people have access to it.  A  machine gun was used and not just anybody can legally own one.   The man that did this atrocity had no previous record or a history of mental illness that we know of.  This could happen anywhere in the world.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 02, 2017, 09:51:09 AM
What a tragedy. Nice to see the predictable lack of sympathy and concern from the leftwing lemmings here who can't contain their glee. Congrats losers, your irrelevance grows every day.

Fortunately adults are in charge and will be handling this matter properly while the left predictably tries to exploit it for political gains.

Do you have pre written responses to events? That's not at all what I'm seeing in this thread.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on October 02, 2017, 09:26:43 AM
The audio made it seem like Class III, which can be legal but there are more hoops to go through to legally own. I'm surprised that the news isn't investigating that more? Were they legal? Did he have a license? In a trust? Where bought, obtained, etc? Articles don't even mention BATFE but only FBI investigating? Also, to get into conspiracies- what of his wife?  country is hotbed historically of drug dealing, Muslim insurgency, mail-order brides, and crazy and/or strongman politicians.

Absolutely. Its the bitch's fault. Blame her...do they drown witches in Nevada?

chefist

As this was going occurring live last night, the police has two fire teams in the Mandalay Bay. One on the 29th floor and one on the 32nd floor. They were confident at the time there were shooters on both floors, but this was clearly not the case today.

Hog

Quote from: crescent fresh on October 02, 2017, 09:48:29 AM
The fire sounded to erratic to be full auto but it could have been echoing off the walls and making it sound weird on the video, It's more likely he installed a trigger crank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jif4Wo0LDX8
Wow, a crank trigger, of course we need to put an engine on that.lol

There are some videos that have the audio sounding like the rate off fire fluctuates up a few times. Ive had that occur with belt fed weapons in adverse conditions, but I think there was also some weirdo audio effects going on there, esp. with all the echoing.  On some of the audio you can tell a big difference in the direct report of the weapon compared to the report echoing.  The direct report sounds like a fire cracker with higher pitch sharper sound, while the report is lower pitch more bassy sound.  And some video from down in the crow, it sounds as though the shooter was taking a quick swath from one side of the concert to the other with a couple cracks as the bullet travelled close to the cellphone speaker.

I can certainly understand why a normal person would have thought there was multiple shooters. I felt sick when the one guy said "Its just sound effects plugged into the sound system, there are no hits."

Fucking tragedy.

peace
Hog

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on October 02, 2017, 09:51:09 AM

Get fucked. You're no more concerned than you think others aren't. You'd be the first to blame the victims or government if it had happened in the UK. So yeah, get fucked. The irony of course it is far less likely to happen in the UK did I say get fucked? No? Get fucked.

So says the guy who plays on train simulators! Choo choo.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 02, 2017, 09:51:47 AM
Of course, it was effective. Dynamite could also be used as an effective weapon but that doesn't mean that most people have access to it.  A  machine gun was used and not just anybody can legally own one.   The man that did this atrocity had no previous record or a history of mental illness that we know of.  This could happen anywhere in the world.

You think so? There are countries where its far less likely to happen. By many degrees.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Hog on October 02, 2017, 10:05:17 AM
Wow, a crank trigger, of course we need to put an engine on that.lol

There are some videos that have the audio sounding like the rate off fire fluctuates up a few times. Ive had that occur with belt fed weapons in adverse conditions, but I think there was also some weirdo audio effects going on there, esp. with all the echoing.  On some of the audio you can tell a big difference in the direct report of the weapon compared to the report echoing.  The direct report sounds like a fire cracker with higher pitch sharper sound, while the report is lower pitch more bassy sound.  And some video from down in the crow, it sounds as though the shooter was taking a quick swath from one side of the concert to the other with a couple cracks as the bullet travelled close to the cellphone speaker.

I can certainly understand why a normal person would have thought there was multiple shooters. I felt sick when the one guy said "Its just sound effects plugged into the sound system, there are no hits."

Fucking tragedy.

peace
Hog

Rifle shots make two noises if you are being shot at. The first is the sonic boom or “crack” you hear as the bullet passes. The second is the “report” you hear from the firing of the bullet.

Pistols don’t typically shoot a supersonic round so you won’t hear a “crack” as the bullet passes.

wr250

Quote from: Hog on October 02, 2017, 09:41:08 AM
I want to know a room number and weapon type(s).  The reports keep stating multiple "rifles" were found in the hotel room.  You'd think that if an actual "machine-gun" was discovered, that would be a hard "buzz word" to keep contained from the media.  I mean most reporters would be jizzing themselves if they got to use the words "machine gun" on TV.
This will be interesting as the facts pan out.

If Walter White can buy an M60, anyone can. 

peace
Hog
rumour is that the weapons were modified ar15's . the police got there 1st and are not saying anything. full auto weapons are illegal without ATF approval, regardless how they are made full auto.   the ATF never approves of "homemade" or "one off" automatics, unless there is a historical value (as in a museum needs the permit).

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 10:14:31 AM
You think so? There are countries where its far less likely to happen. By many degrees.

naw, if this was a full auto gun it was illegal

Quote from: wr250 on October 02, 2017, 10:18:36 AM
rumour is that the weapons were modified ar15's . the police got there 1st and are not saying anything. full auto weapons are illegal without ATF approval, regardless how they are made full auto.   the ATF never approves of "homemade" or "one off" automatics, unless there is a historical value (as in a museum needs the permit).

Thank you and please note this, pud.

Juan

Could an AR-15 fire the number of rounds we hear?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 02, 2017, 10:20:55 AM
Thank you and please note this, pud.

I didn't say what he used other than they were firearms. Others have said he used an illegal machine gun. To which I said, the round doesn't care.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: crescent fresh on October 02, 2017, 10:20:06 AM
naw, if this was a full auto gun it was illegal

I said less likely. There's a mass shooting (four deaths or above) nearly every day in the USA. They just don't get on national TV. Its so passé.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 10:26:18 AM
I said less likely. There's a mass shooting (four deaths or above) nearly every day in the USA. They just don't get on national TV. Its so passé.

I think we both can agree that no one should have access to a fully automatic weapon unless they are police or military.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 10:26:18 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 02, 2017, 10:27:33 AM
I think we both can agree that no one should have access to a fully automatic weapon unless they are police or military.

I think the current laws have been adequate.

In most cases it is not the lack of existing laws, it is the lack of enforcement of existing laws.

p.s. Obviously I don’t think they are necessary. I don’t have any.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 10:23:51 AM
I didn't say what he used other than they were firearms. Others have said he used an illegal machine gun. To which I said, the round doesn't care.

Good morning Yorkshire,

I was just wondering how you reconcile gun control in the form of a ban with those examples in history, where unarmed segments of society were completely wiped off the face of the earth by corrupt forces who were armed?  I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I am genuinely interested. 

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 02, 2017, 10:31:54 AM
I think the current laws have been adequate.

In most cases it is not the lack of existing laws, it is the lack of enforcement of existing laws.

p.s. Obviously I don’t think they are necessary. I don’t have any.

Let's face it, if a person is determined to cause harm, they will find a way to do it whether it is with a modified AR15 or a pipe bomb.

wr250

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 02, 2017, 10:36:36 AM
Let's face it, if a person is determined to cause harm, they will find a way to do it whether it is with a modified AR15 or a pipe bomb.
or a knife, car, airplane, etc.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: albrecht on October 02, 2017, 09:26:43 AM
...Also, to get into conspiracies- what of his wife? That country is hotbed historically of drug dealing, Muslim insurgency, mail-order brides, and crazy and/or strongman politicians.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2017, 10:01:19 AM
Absolutely. Its the bitch's fault. Blame her...do they drown witches in Nevada?

Right. As if average white American males would never do such a thing. Look at the domestic violence multiple shootings, such as the one in Plano, TX recently where young white male took out 8 people including his ex.

Juan

Have there been any reports of the fatal bullet’s caliber? We’re seeing a lot of conclusion jumping here.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 02, 2017, 10:36:36 AM

I can’t even imagine the carnage.

Shocking that someone could walk through the lobby of Mandalay Bay with some type of container(s) holding 10 rifles and at least 1000 rounds of ammo just has me shaking my head. That has to be close to 200 pounds of hardware minimum.

Prayers go out to the families of all those affected. Dark day for Las Vegas.

chefist

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 02, 2017, 10:41:21 AM
Right. As if average white American males would never do such a thing. Look at the domestic violence multiple shootings, such as the one in Plano, TX recently where young white male took out 8 people including his ex.

You are a straight up bigot. Period. If anyone had pointed out a black criminal, you would have screamed racism. You are the worst political creature on BellGab. You are probably happy country music fans were the ones that were murdered...you are a disgusting individual.

wr250

Shocking that someone could walk through the lobby of Mandalay Bay with some type of container(s) holding 10 rifles and at least 1000 rounds of ammo just has me shaking my head. That has to be close to 200 pounds of hardware minimum.

you mean like a large suitcase?
an 25 inch suitcase would hold quite a few ar15's with folding stocks.

Lt.Uhura

Condolences to the people in Las Vegas. In addition to the dead there are now hundreds of witnesses whose lives are forever changed from this tragedy. Also for all the LE, EMS, and hospital personel traumatized while trying to do their jobs in what essentially became a war zone. 😢

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 02, 2017, 10:42:05 AM
I can’t even imagine the carnage.

Prayers go out to the families of all those affected. Dark day for Las Vegas.

Agree.  Even if he made several trips, had help, whatever, you'd think even a basic form of security would have picked it up.