• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

A Mysterious Force Is Taking Your Stuff

Started by Camazotz Automat, May 18, 2012, 05:46:29 AM

It may have happened recently or decades ago - either way, it still haunts you, because -

You've eliminated the usual suspects; friends, family members, significant others,  the cleaning lady, and sadistic burglars (whose only goal in life would be to break into your apartment and take one small item to gaslight you.) 

You've searched your trash; you've searched it again.  You've looked in places that are completely illogical.

If you're lucky, the item just as mysteriously reappears and you laugh it off as some sort of reverse hallucination (not seeing something that is there, versus seeing something that is not there.) 

If you're unlucky, the item is never found.  The event is especially egregious if you live alone and consider yourself well organized.

If you're very unlucky, more unexplained disappearances follow. Sometimes from the same area as the previous item(s).

Whether you suspect the wee folk, parallel universes, dimensional doorways, poltergeists, time travelers, aliens, Men In Black, etc.....

A Mysterious Force Is Taking Your Stuff.

[attachimg=1]

BobGrau

I've been stealing from mysterious forces for years. Now I don't feel so bad about it.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 18, 2012, 05:46:29 AM

You've eliminated the usual suspects; friends, family members, significant others,  the cleaning lady, and sadistic burglars (whose only goal in life would be to break into your apartment and take one small item to gaslight you.) 

You've searched your trash; you've searched it again.  You've looked in places that are completely illogical.

I am quite relieved to hear this is an actual phenomenon as this has been happening to my elderly mother with increasingly regularity.

Sometime in the last six months, someone (she believes one of the workers at her apartment building) broke into her apartment and took a can of pea soup from the pantry shelf in her kitchen.  She became most upset when I suggested she had consumed said can of pea soup and forgotten the consumption.  The Mysterious Force explanation will greatly console her. 

The Mysterious Force is also likely responsible for the insurance check she couldn't find that was pinned to her refrigerator with a magnet; for her wedding rings which were in the pocket of one of her skirts in the back of her closet; for the keys to her storage area in the garage; for the envelope with all her tax information which needed to be sent to her accountant; for her missing check book; and for a long list of other things which have been taken from a 4-room apartment. 

She turns 89 today.  Happy Birthday, mom.  For decades, you worked full-time with dad and ran his office, raised all of us and a zoo full of animals without missing a beat, cooked the most delicious food of any mother among all my friends' moms, and turned a bratty teenager (me) into a reasonably decent and productive human being. If you could cope with all that, I can cope with the Mysterious Force stealing your pea soup.