• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ziznak

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 17, 2015, 02:46:29 PM
Speaking of which, was anyone else surprised to hear Art  quote the guy on the news who called Obama this? LOL!
HAHA yeah it made me laugh...

Catsmile

Quote from: trostol on December 17, 2015, 01:20:34 PM
i think everyone needs to just step back, put anger, butt hurt feelings, or i told you so's aside and let the man live his life and deal with the problem...stoping giving advice..stop saying they will come out and due security or form a posse..or shot the stalker(which i find really disturbing)..just stop all the speculating and taking one side or the other and just be the quiet support for him

Fuq... there it is... I agree.
MVD, pull the plug on The BellGab it is of no use anymoar.
Slip it the dong, partys ovar!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 02:54:59 PM
I must have missed that. What show was it?

LMAO  It was very very recent.. one of his last shows. maybe on the 7th or 8th?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ziznak on December 17, 2015, 03:30:17 PM
HAHA yeah it made me laugh...

I texted my husband OMG Art Bell just said "pussy" on the air!!  ;D

ziznak

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 17, 2015, 03:37:42 PM
I know right!! I was like confused I sat there thinking "well, he was quoting somebody so it's not reaaaaly Art saying pussy."

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 17, 2015, 03:37:42 PM
Look on your phone for the date please, if it isn't too much trouble :)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Soylentblue on December 17, 2015, 03:21:12 PM
Having worked in the newspaper business for over thirty years I know that there is a very good reason that they used the word "alleged".

Enough said.
Or so you allege.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 03:39:24 PM
Look on your phone for the date please, if it isn't too much trouble :)
Dec 10th is when I texted my husband (well, FB messenger).. I was listening to the previous night's show, I believe.  The actual incident was reported in the news on the 7th..  so he  could have talked about it that night, and I was delayed in listening.  I will give the first few minutes of the shows a listen.   (Likely..  because my husband said "yes, he said that the other night".. So I'm going to listen to the first few minutes of the show on the 7th, as the 9th was a replay). http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/date-mon-dec-7-neil-sanders-modern-mind-control/

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 17, 2015, 03:46:28 PM
Dec 10th is when I texted my husband (well, FB messenger).. I was listening to the previous night's show, I believe.  The actual incident was reported in the news on the 7th..  so he  could have talked about it that night, and I was delayed in listening.  I will give the first few minutes of the shows a listen.
Thanks. I had heard some no-name podcaster mentioning it but I forgot to go look it up. I need to go run and do some stuff n things but I appreciate you taking the time to find the episode. :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 03:49:27 PM
Thanks. I had heard some no-name podcaster mentioning it but I forgot to go look it up. I need to go run and do some stuff n things but I appreciate you taking the time to find the episode. :)

No problem! Oddly enough, Art's also talking in this particular show about the 2nd amendment, and shooting back.   :-\  As soon as I hear the part, I'll post to verify.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bobo17 on December 17, 2015, 02:46:08 PM
Well said,  i have listened to radio for 50 years, starting with the great Larry Glick.  This "host" is the worst.  Time to shut this down until and when Art Bell comes back.  Its embarrassing
bobo17

Larry Glick.  Now there was a true radio genius, a legend in the business.  Ironically, two of Larry's two best known calls from his days at WBZ would have been perfectly suited for Art's program.  Both were about strange occurrences in graveyards as witnessed by a private investigator and a small town cop, respectively.  I know the first call (Gil Lewis' "Graveyard Marauder") is on the internet somewhere, not sure about the second.  When I have time I'll see if I can find links and post them.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 03:49:27 PM

Ok, so it's definitely the show on the 7th, starting about 6:42 into the program. http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/date-mon-dec-7-neil-sanders-modern-mind-control/  :P

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 17, 2015, 03:16:03 PM
A trend in the corporate world over the past few decades is to promote people into positions they're not ready for. Handing out titles is much cheaper than handing out raises. The damage that these people do is often blamed by the powers that be on other factors, but employees know the truth.

You wouldn't expect this trend to take off in the acting world or the broadcast world because, obviously, if someone isn't up to the job, they couldn't avoid being nailed as the problem. But the Internet, with a very different financial model, is fertile ground for almost anyone to say "Hey, I can do this" and get on the air. At the same time, a flock of people will endorse the ingenue with a supportive, "everyone's a winner" enthusiasm.

The only really odd thing about the current replacement situation is Art Bell's role in it. Art is a good enough judge of talent to be able to know Heather's abilities for what they are. Sometimes people will pick a successor that makes them look good by comparison (Tiberious with Caligula in ancient Rome) but I very much doubt that anything like that is going on here. It's a mystery at this point. But anyway, your point is well taken, along with the point you were commenting on.

In interpret his support to mean... he wants to keep the ship afloat long enough to decide whether he's REALLY done.  It buys him a few weeks, with no commitment from him that "I'm taking a break but I'll be back."  Could go either way.  I continue to think this is probably far from done, but we'll see.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Art Bell on December 16, 2015, 07:56:49 PM
This person may never be caught unless I catch him and hold him at gunpoint till the cops get here, or I think far less likely one of the random Police patrols gets him. I have chewed this over from a million angles and it still comes down to most likely a crazy person because you have got to be crazy to fire shots at the end of a dead end road.

I will say I reacted emotionally when my Wife said she had had enough but that's life I guess and of course I miss it. I could have said I would just take a break till we get this resolved but I said what I said and you can't take words back.

I have said that if time passes without incident I might do a show every now and then to give Heather a night off but will do so unannounced.

I am going to remain a BellGabber.

Art

Ich bin ein Bellgabber.

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 17, 2015, 11:26:33 AM
I think that the before the radios go silent and all goes digital, that the OTA is a particularly delicious gravy to what ART was building.  I took great delight in watching the station count go up.  Probably not with the same intent focus that Dave and gang were watching those numbers with.

Leo?  Fuck him and his petty BS.  'Dude, does he even lift?'   

Quote from: Northern Nights on December 17, 2015, 11:06:47 AM
I recall that too. Some of us may be too enamoured of the idea of MITD getting enough stations in big markets to the point of challenging Coast and overturning the existing broadcasting paradigm, I include myself in that category. Watching this thing grow from it's beginnings to where it was on the verge of something big was thrilling, much like rooting for a favorite sports team...seeing them build a roster to the point of being able to compete for a title, and in that sense Art was our star player. Apologies to any non-sports fans who may find that analogy off putting. Art and his family's safety are paramount of course and we await his return.

Simply seeing a few of you respond that you do remember the original goal makes me feel sane (at least in this regard. I have some other problems related to my leaving pizzas in the woods to feed Bigfoot. Fucker is always hungry.) 

I was beginning to wonder if I had only imagined Art's desire to go full metal cyber jacket on everyone's hand-held personal device.

But I, too, was psyched and keeping track of affiliate sign ups, hoping such sign ups could do some measurable damage to the Madness that is Noory.

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 17, 2015, 04:00:34 PM
Ok, so it's definitely the show on the 7th, starting about 6:42 into the program. http://darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/date-mon-dec-7-neil-sanders-modern-mind-control/  :P
Thanks, still waiting on my buddy to get here. I totally missed this whole episode ;)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 17, 2015, 04:14:33 PM
Thanks, still waiting on my buddy to get here. I totally missed this whole episode ;)

That part deserves a replay for sure.  :D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ziznak on December 17, 2015, 03:38:45 PM
I know right!! I was like confused I sat there thinking "well, he was quoting somebody so it's not reaaaaly Art saying pussy."

;D

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on December 16, 2015, 07:56:49 PM
This person may never be caught unless I catch him and hold him at gunpoint till the cops get here, or I think far less likely one of the random Police patrols gets him. I have chewed this over from a million angles and it still comes down to most likely a crazy person because you have got to be crazy to fire shots at the end of a dead end road.

I will say I reacted emotionally when my Wife said she had had enough but that's life I guess and of course I miss it. I could have said I would just take a break till we get this resolved but I said what I said and you can't take words back.

I have said that if time passes without incident I might do a show every now and then to give Heather a night off but will do so unannounced.

I am going to remain a BellGabber.

Art

I just got back from Winnipeg and did not have the time to be around... So I missed all of the drama.  After Serius I had said that I appreciated your years of keeping me (us?) entertained and that you owe us nothing.  Nothing has changed other than your providing me (us?) with a few more months of high quality entertainment.  What can I say?  It sucks, and I wish it were different- but life goes on and I honestly wish you the best.

Thanks for the entertainment, and thanks for the ride.

WOTR

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 17, 2015, 04:11:24 PM
But I, too, was psyched and keeping track of affiliate sign ups, hoping such sign ups could do some measurable damage to the Madness that is Noory.
I guess the question (that may have already been answered in the last week) is what becomes of the affiliates?  Do they now just drift off and have to find something to replace MITD?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: WOTR on December 17, 2015, 04:48:13 PM
I guess the question (that may have already been answered in the last week) is what becomes of the affiliates?  Do they now just drift off and have to find something to replace MITD?
http://midnightinthedesert.com/the-future-of-midnight-in-the-desert-and-dark-matter-radio-network/

bateman

I look forward to the Guy from Pahrump Youtube channel.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: WOTR on December 17, 2015, 04:59:16 PM
Wow... Thanks..  Kind of sad, overall...

Sad and F'd up.  :-\

As hard as I tried, with over two years in building the network, none of the other programs I carried were able to earn any advertising dollars to support the cost of playing the shows, let alone justify my time in producing the shows live. I had to be present in the studio during all live shows in order to connect and bring them on, monitor the sound, play the breaks, record the show and edit the replay audio files. This time took away from my day and had no financial benefit. But I did it because Art’s show was subsidizing the cost. With the leaving of Art Bell, it doesn’t seem financially viable to continue spending hours a day doing this. So I regret to not being able to produce LIVE versions of these programs after this week       

I think its being said right here ......unless things can change for art or he decides to do a George Costanza starting on monday  it seems as keith has said above the money to keep it going isn't there .....    my vibe on this is i believe there is always a way but sometimes nothing comes easy and in this situation  art and everyone involved is being tested to make a decision  should i stay or should i go  ......  I'm willing to stick around and support  im eating  Arctic chaga  humming at 432 hz   in the string theory of the fifth dimension by humming i can create a 19.5  reflection  and RCH  will appear or disappear depending .     Rch said 195 delegates at the climate conference   oh MY     wacky        love being here   ur guys  are AWESOME!!!!!!

pyewacket

Quote from: bateman on December 17, 2015, 04:57:30 PM
I look forward to the Guy from Pahrump Youtube channel.

;D ;D ;D

csummers

As a time traveller, sirius subrscriber and longtime art bell fan and supporter, I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that paypal account open for a last time.

nika01

Art should just found a commune of ham radio geeks, Nam vets, and bell gabbers. Once the zombie apocalyse starts, it would be a groovy, safe place to be.

Meister_000

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 17, 2015, 04:04:10 PM
I interpret his support to mean... he wants to keep the ship afloat long enough to decide whether he's REALLY done.  It buys him a few weeks, with no commitment from him that "I'm taking a break but I'll be back."  Could go either way.  I continue to think this is probably far from done, but we'll see.

In any event, thusfar, one week in, it really hasn't qualified as a "break" nor some kind of opportunity to rest, recover, recharge, rethink calmly and rationally. He's getting very little _sleep_ which is the #1 best healer. He's also 70 years old, and also still smoking (I think)?  So recovery times are twice as long here than for some younger buck even under the best of circumstances, and general stamina declines sharply at some point, naturally too, as the years roll by.

Some Philosopher said: "The opposite of Pleasure is not Pain, but Distress."   Damn Dirty discriminator!  :)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: nika01 on December 17, 2015, 05:22:24 PM
Art should just found a commune of ham radio geeks, Nam vets, and bell gabbers. Once the zombie apocalyse starts, it would be a groovy, safe place to be.

How fucked up are things?  This is the most reasonable post I've read in a week.