• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

trostol

Quote from: Freyja on December 16, 2015, 06:17:44 PM
He has hosted a show for almost 6 months that is entertaining, thought provoking and annoying at times, however he makes some pretty good radio whether you like him, what he says or does or not. He IMHO also has shown a lot of depth and breadth on many topics beside NASA, images on other planets etc. He is also a known and polished "performer". He has enthusiasm, almost a child like glee in doing what he is doing which is both endearing at times and he has had some great radio.

Considering the crap that Art left DMDN in, why not give him the spot and see what happens.

I have listened to the new MITD with Heather and WADR although I wish her nothing but the best of success, I have no interest nor will I pay to listen to her, paid or otherwise.

Since MITD and OSOM came on the air, and I subscribe to both, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed OSOM much more that MITD.

As soon as I DL all the MITD shows with Art, I will be cancelling my MITD subscription and throw the $ for that subscription to Keith and DMDN directly.

For those of you poo poo'ing OSOM, how many shows have you actually listened to or are you just talking out of your butts and/or because of the "producer situation"? Just look at the OSOM thread here and see what traffic it gets every night. That alone is telling.     

i have listened every night and pre Scott i would agree with the entertaining and through provoking part..Post Scotty..FUCK NO...his ego has grown by leaps and bounds since then..his show has been at least one replay weekly and his open lines are farcical..and on numerous times he has insulted his listening base with nary a care about how it makes him look..he bitches and moans about callers/guests audio issues while doing little to fix his own..he has shown nothing to prove he deserves a thiurd hour let along 3 hours in "prime" time

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 16, 2015, 04:44:52 PM
RCH- pretty sure He said he worked there, on the Mars Rover project.

He worked there. But he was fired after 19.5 days.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 06:45:45 PM
I'm so confused on who's heel and face right now.

As far as I can figure it out

Art Bell - Tweener
Heather - Failed Face Push
Keith - Mega Face
MV- Ultimate face
Falkie - Heel about to Face Turn
Casio - Ultimate heel
Noory - Used to be Ultimate Heel, now a midcarder

Keith is a Face? thats interesting

RCH is a jobber btw

chefist

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 16, 2015, 06:50:49 PM
He worked there. But he was fired after 19.5 days.

He could only have been in media relations... Engineering and Science positions at NASA require the appropriate degree and experience...RCH has none of that...

Freyja

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 16, 2015, 06:43:36 PM
I have time for Frejya, I don't usually agree with her, but her posts are always coherent.  I read them.

Thanks GS. If we all agreed all would be truly boring, no?

I read yours too :)

Ciardelo

Quote from: chefist on December 16, 2015, 06:53:15 PM
He could only have been in media relations... Engineering and Science positions at NASA require the appropriate degree and experience...RCH has none of that...
Science has never been RCH's strong suit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Freyja on December 16, 2015, 06:53:54 PM
Thanks GS. If we all agreed all would be truly boring, no?

I read yours too :)

Exactly. You can disagree without being rude and obnoxious.

Now, stop talking about RCH in the Art Bell thread.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Freyja on December 16, 2015, 06:20:26 PM
OK...we are talking about radio/podcasts here.

How many actual full programs of OSOM have you listened to?

(Gravity, I'll stop with the RCH posts after I respond to Freyja  :P )

Freyja, A few pages back, Chronaut was commenting on RCH being enamored of himself, his "batshit crazy methodology", etc.. and I made a comment about how maybe it was related to his time spent working at JPL- which apparently isn't even true..  unless even 19.5 days is an exaggeration.  ;D  I then went on a hunt to find out more info, and came up with a couple of interesting pages, neither of which could confirm the information.  So is that his stretching of the truth? I mean, I dunno..  Art interviewed him countless times, but I'm sure he didn't spend a lot of effort vetting his guests, what with his topics being nutty and all.

If you do a search through my posts, you will see that I have only listened to one episode of Richard's shows, and that was when he interviewed Dean Haglund. I thought it was very interesting, and I would like to hear more. My husband has been recording them, but we haven't played any back.  I have often found his theories to be off the wall, but he's been on C2C and all versions of Art's show long enough for me to say that he is often a most interesting guest- though I find the exchange between him and Art to be the biggest draw. I do not have anything more than that to say about him.  :)

Art_s Farts

Noory - Used to be Ultimate Heel, now a midcarder with X Pac Heat

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 06:52:15 PM
Keith is a Face? thats interesting

RCH is a jobber btw

Do you see him as a jobber to the stars or a midcarder? I think his run on MITD has raised him to at least a midcarder.

Quote from: Art_s Farts on December 16, 2015, 07:13:05 PM

With X-Pac heat

;D ;D ;D ;D

That's perfect. George is stagnant crotch chopping in 2015. Sad.

chefist

As far as I can figure it out

Art Bell - Tweener
Heather - Failed Face Push
Keith - Mega Face
MV- Ultimate face
Falkie - Heel about to Face Turn
Casio - Ultimate heel
Noory - Used to be Ultimate Heel, now a midcarder

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 16, 2015, 04:46:40 PM
I doubt that one, I suspect Hoagland would get knifed if he even set foot in JPL.

Fortunately his Angstrom Medal for Excellence in Science would turn the blade.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 07:14:04 PM
Do you see him as a jobber to the stars or a midcarder? I think his run on MITD has raised him to at least a midcarder.

;D ;D ;D ;D

That's perfect. George is stagnant crotch chopping in 2015. Sad.

ok..maybe not a jobber..he is one half of an always awful tag team lol and his entrance is much like J-E Double F J-A- Double R-E- Double T

https://youtu.be/uJJ-q4dqums

Freyja

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 06:50:15 PM
i have listened every night and pre Scott i would agree with the entertaining and through provoking part..Post Scotty..FUCK NO...his ego has grown by leaps and bounds since then..his show has been at least one replay weekly and his open lines are farcical..and on numerous times he has insulted his listening base with nary a care about how it makes him look..he bitches and moans about callers/guests audio issues while doing little to fix his own..he has shown nothing to prove he deserves a thiurd hour let along 3 hours in "prime" time

I have listened to most of his shows ...not all but including last night. I wish I could listen live however being on EST life prevents me from doing that, so I listen from 19.5.

So, you say you listen EVERY night right? Why?

If what you say above is true, why do you do it? Obviously listening must have some value for you or you wouldn't invest the time, right?

Isn't that what draws people to listen to things?...to make them think, laugh, get angry, criticize ( with the exception of Dave of course), to be entertained etc?

I have heard probably most of every program RCH has ever done with Art, on Coast etc. I never liked him in that venue, his website has sucked for decades ( enterprisemission.com) etc., etc. 

But you know what? I really like him on OSOM....most to the time.

Between his usual schtick, which is getting less and less, I see something that Art was never wanting to bring to the airwaves...an integration of that paranormal isn't really "para", actually may be quite "normal" along with tying or trying to tie in a lot of past history, mythology, to attempt to integrate and find the truth of what is as a whole and not just isolated snippets that don't relate easily. Agree or disagree, all food for thought IMHO.

The above reminds me of what Art started in the '90's, sort of. Art brought many of these same subjects to the table, yet rarely attempted to integrate them as from where I sit. He was open at one time then, to guvment snitch lines, Area 51 callers etc., however that ended abruptly around 1998.

Art's paradigms seem much more set than RCH as evidenced by his lack of bringing certain guests back on the air . going back to 1998, his belief that his guvment is just, his rigid belief in the official story of 911, his latest ISIS programs etc. 

I think we all need someone now, on DMDN or elsewhere who is willing to explore all possibility with what seems to be a true quest for truth, as Art did in his early days. I can't think of anyone I have heard lately who may be able to do this other than RCH as we now have and have had an opportunity to see a side of him that we have never heard elsewhere other than on OSOM.

Yes of course there are others IMHO: Clyde Lewis, John B Wells, Gary Bell ( the spaceman; show called A view from space), however they are few.

RCH is not a young man...he also is 70 years old...same age as Art Bell.

I give him huge kudos for doing what he believes in AND at the age of 70 years old to host a show about what he believes in, in the wee hours of the morning as is willing to do an hour more. 

So trostrol, tell me this. What entertainer/media personality doesn't have a huge ego? Maybe he doesn't care "how he looks"..he's just trying to do his thing, bang his drum.  Listen or don't...but YOU DO.

Look at Art Bell and his legacy.

Guess maybe it depends what the ego is for, no?   

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 07:19:49 PM
ok..maybe not a jobber..he is one half of an always awful tag team lol and his entrance is much like J-E Double F J-A- Double R-E- Double T

Jeff Jarrett is such a good comparable with Hoagland. Complete midcarder who never drew a dime yet has delusions that he's one of the biggest names in the business. Also works because I can't stand Jeff Jarrett but his heel run in WCW 2000 was amazing. Just like I can't stand Hoagland but he had a few amazing spurts in his career.

I would also throw out the Honky Tonk Man as a comparable for Hoags but HTM is awesome so that's probably not good.

Art_s Farts

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 07:19:49 PM

I see his entrance more like the Shockmaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Q4EVpIFIk

whytide

Quote from: Freyja on December 16, 2015, 07:29:21 PM
[Art Bell] was open at one time then, to guvment snitch lines, Area 51 callers etc., however that ended abruptly around 1998.

Why did it end in 1998?

Freyja

Quote from: whytide on December 16, 2015, 07:32:12 PM
Why did it end in 1998?

Not sure. Listen to his interview with David Icke where he ended it with something like "thank you my friend" with the intent to have him back and lots changed after that interview. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xORDvKcQq-4

trostol

Quote from: Freyja on December 16, 2015, 07:29:21 PM
I have listened to most of his shows ...not all but including last night. I wish I could listen live however being on EST life prevents me from doing that, so I listen from 19.5.

So, you say you listen EVERY night right? Why?

If what you say above is true, why do you do it? Obviously listening must have some value for you or you wouldn't invest the time, right?

Isn't that what draws people to listen to things?...to make them think, laugh, get angry, criticize ( with the exception of Dave of course), to be entertained etc?

I have heard probably most of every program RCH has ever done with Art, on Coast etc. I never liked him in that venue, his website has sucked for decades ( enterprisemission.com) etc., etc. 

But you know what? I really like him on OSOM....most to the time.

Between his usual schtick, which is getting less and less, I see something that Art was never wanting to bring to the airwaves...an integration of that paranormal isn't really "para", actually may be quite "normal" along with tying or trying to tie in a lot of past history, mythology, to attempt to integrate and find the truth of what is as a whole and not just isolated snippets that don't relate easily. Agree or disagree, all food for thought IMHO.

The above reminds me of what Art started in the '90's, sort of. Art brought many of these same subjects to the table, yet rarely attempted to integrate them as from where I sit. He was open at one time then, to guvment snitch lines, Area 51 callers etc., however that ended abruptly around 1998.

Art's paradigms seem much more set than RCH as evidenced by his lack of bringing certain guests back on the air . going back to 1998, his belief that his guvment is just, his rigid belief in the official story of 911, his latest ISIS programs etc. 

I think we all need someone now, on DMDN or elsewhere who is willing to explore all possibility with what seems to be a true quest for truth, as Art did in his early days. I can't think of anyone I have heard lately who may be able to do this other than RCH as we now have and have had an opportunity to see a side of him that we have never heard elsewhere other than on OSOM.

Yes of course there are others IMHO: Clyde Lewis, John B Wells, Gary Bell ( the spaceman; show called A view from space), however they are few.

RCH is not a young man...he also is 70 years old...same age as Art Bell.

I give him huge kudos for doing what he believes in AND at the age of 70 years old to host a show about what he believes in, in the wee hours of the morning as is willing to do an hour more. 

So trostrol, tell me this. What entertainer/media personality doesn't have a huge ego? Maybe he doesn't care "how he looks"..he's just trying to do his thing, bang his drum.  Listen or don't...but YOU DO.

Look at Art Bell and his legacy.

Guess maybe it depends what the ego is for, no?   

his shtick getting less and less? do you really listen..cause it has been ramping up more them ever..every other night is pluto/mars crap thats if it isn't a replay..since the start of this month.,.8 shows listed(guess he doesn't list open lines) 3 replays..his mars/pluto crew twice a guy who has been a repeat guest twice already..thats not something i would want to be the "star" of my network

as for why do i listen nightly..wtf else is on at 3 in the morning?

Did Art come back yet?

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on December 16, 2015, 07:38:29 PM
Did Art come back yet?

No not yet, the stalker isnt dead yet.

Quote from: chefist on December 16, 2015, 07:15:56 PM

Ha, you were worried about BellGab dying.  ;D

It's going to be okay BellGab. You're addicted now. We create our own drama when there's none around.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 07:42:14 PM
No not yet, the stalker isnt dead yet.

I'll check back in an hour.

Ciardelo

Did Art come back yet?
I think he is on the day-to-day roster.

Freyja

Quote from: trostol on December 16, 2015, 07:37:03 PM
his shtick getting less and less? do you really listen..cause it has been ramping up more them ever..every other night is pluto/mars crap thats if it isn't a replay..since the start of this month.,.8 shows listed(guess he doesn't list open lines) 3 replays..his mars/pluto crew twice a guy who has been a repeat guest twice already..thats not something i would want to be the "star" of my network

as for why do i listen nightly..wtf else is on at 3 in the morning?

Do you really listen?...difficult to listen and get what is really being transmitted when you are trying to be whatever you are trying to be here during the show.

Lot's of options any time of day or night bud...your choice.

Bottom line is, there is NO STAR right now on DMDN.

Art has screwed himself again, by his own hand despite what circumstance was the impetuous.

There is NO hope of Art every coming back with any credibility whatsoever, anywhere after this last fiasco.

So what other options does Keith and DMDN have?

I will say this.

Whether OSOM stays with DMDN or goes elsewhere, I will listen and move my subscription to where the show goes. I truly enjoy it....most days.

I will NOT continue my subscription to MITD whether Art returns or not..and certainly not in the hope the he will grace Heather's show once in a while for a couple of minutes.

As soon as I DL all of Art's shows, my subscription is done. 

ItsOver

Did Art come back yet?
No, he's waiting until PremRad apologizes, the streaming improves, his noncompete has ended, and they catch the psycho.  Oh, and when his headache is over.

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 16, 2015, 07:44:53 PM
I think he is on the day-to-day roster.

Damn it. I'll have to start RCH tonight. This years DMRN fantasy league is KILLING ME!

Go Team Raging Chaga!

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on December 16, 2015, 07:52:36 PM
Damn it. I'll have to start RCH tonight. This years DMRN fantasy league is KILLING ME!

Go Team Raging Chaga!

Hoagland has a repeat tonight hahaha.

nika01

Quote from: ItsOver on December 16, 2015, 07:51:39 PM
No, he's waiting until PremRad apologizes, the streaming improves, his noncompete has ended, and they catch the psycho.  Oh, and when his headache is over.

You have captured the essence. Doesnt smell good