• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

I listening to Heather now. :)

WinWinS

Goodnight all! Glad you enjoyed the show and found it informative and entertaining. Dave is great at what he does and always will do his best to "Bring it" every time. Thanks for all the support!

DaveSchrader

Quote from: WOTR on June 01, 2018, 12:57:28 AM
Don't channel your "inner Art", Dave.  Art always took criticism here a little too hard and a little too personally, and ignored all of the "kudo's"  As you said, you will never please everybody- and Bellgab is not a place where criticism is suppressed.

Great interview.  I would rate it as an instant "classic" and say that I enjoyed it as much as anything that Art did.  LV would like to have heard it in a different style.  That is just...

I dont take it personally but I also respect my listeners and think sometimes they deserve some behind the scenes intel on the Hows and Whys we do some things.  Its not defensive, its engaging my audience and letting them know I hear them and respect them enough to try and answer when I can.

DS

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 01, 2018, 01:07:38 AM
She wore her vocal cords out not being on the air.

Earlier she said she felt like she'd done a show already that day, and talked about 7-hour conversations with supporters.  I connected the two.  Makes my skin crawl.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 01, 2018, 01:10:52 AM
Earlier she said she felt like she'd done a show already that day, and talked about 7-hour conversations with supporters.  I connected the two.  Makes my skin crawl.

Yeah ..... this is how one goes through the apotheosis to becoming an internet Falkie.

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 01, 2018, 01:09:18 AM
I dont take it personally but I also respect my listeners and think sometimes they deserve some behind the scenes intel on the Hows and Whys we do some things.  Its not defensive, its engaging my audience and letting them know I hear them and respect them enough to try and answer when I can.

DS

You definitely have a thick skin, Dave, and that should make you a perfect match for Bellgab.

Hope you and Win have a good night.  Looking forward to the next time! :D ;)

Doomed

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 01, 2018, 01:09:36 AM
Auf weinersnitchel.  :P
That would be the new guy. The fellow with his hand on his weaner.

WOTR

DS

Fair enough.  I appreciate your breathing life back into the show.  Often I criticized Heather for competely dumping this place (mostly because she got her start here.)  You didn't get a start on BG, and yet interact and read here.  It's kind of nice to see.

Thanks for getting 21's questions out tonight.  They provided some great responses.  See you tomorrow. 

***I know you may not answer this, and I wouldn't blame you.  What does Keith think of your being around here?  Is he absolutely horrified?   ;D

Sean92008

Its tough when all your Johns patreons have shitty diets, its like they ejaculate battery acid.  She's gotta pay for her single-wide cuck shack.

Kolchak

DS

We appreciate it, Dave.

Quote from: Doomed on June 01, 2018, 01:14:52 AM
That would be the new guy. The fellow with his hand on his weaner.

LOL.  Right!

Speaking of that, time to get busy, busy, busy!!!

:P :P :P

Quote from: WOTR on June 01, 2018, 01:16:26 AM
Fair enough.  I appreciate your breathing life back into the show.  Often I criticized Heather for competely dumping this place (mostly because she got her start here.)  You didn't get a start here, and yet interact and read here.  It's kind of nice to see.

Thanks for getting 21's questions out tonight.  They provided some great responses.  See you tomorrow. 

***I know you may not answer this, and I wouldn't blame you.  What does Keith think of your being around here?  Is he absolutely horrified?   ;D

And I thank you for your support, WOTR!!! ;D

Savage

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 01, 2018, 01:07:46 AM
I listening to Heather now. :)

I've got Art and Malachi Martin, first interview up and disturbing the peace. Outstanding. And this is why we are all here. It's the Art of the Covenant interview.

Lilith

Quote from: lonevoice on June 01, 2018, 01:02:20 AM
Best new guest in years. With a bit more time to build the relationship, this could be a "10".  I may or may not STFU until it becomes a 10.  No promises.

I don't think there has been a radio host that was a 10 for me since Art in the 90's.  I hope you don't STFU.  I wouldn't even plan on listening to Dave tomorrow if not for your post.  I like the difficult stuff to listen to, and it will probably be more the interraction that will interest me, rather than the subject matter.  I also think it was interesting that Dave wanted to respond to your post and explain himself.  These are the things about shows that interest me, even if the subject matter does not.  Paranormal interested me in the 90's, but not at all anymore.  I also find it interesting to watch on bellgab, who a host attracts as listeners.

Savage

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Someone get her some ice for that burn, please.

Dr. MD MD

Hmm...Michael Vara...MV...MV...Michael Vara... ???

Quote from: Savage on June 01, 2018, 01:29:52 AM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Someone get her some ice for that burn, please.

She should have a delicious, hot pizza roll.

Heather is the new Snoory.  Listening to this after Dave's show is like having a pizza roll after filet mignon.

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 01, 2018, 12:41:39 AM
Again?! 21st is Dave's pet! :D

Well, in Dave's defense, even Art had his Paul and Ellas.  ;D

Quote from: brig on June 01, 2018, 01:45:27 AM
Well, in Dave's defense, even Art had his Paul and Ellas.  ;D

Hey now!!! >:(

;D ;)

Quote from: brig on June 01, 2018, 01:49:00 AM
;D

I wish mv Liberace would add more smileys to the site.  There are simply not enough to cover all the different emotions and situations.

I turned it to Noory.  There's a Scottish gent on now talking about Nessie and, boy, does he have a thick brogue!

Lilith

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 01, 2018, 01:52:33 AM
I wish mv Liberace would add more smileys to the site.  There are simply not enough to cover all the different emotions and situations.

I turned it to Noory.  There's a Scottish gent on now talking about Nessie and, boy, does he have a thick brogue!

There are a couple fellows on TFR that have that thick brogue I used to listen to before bellgab came back to life.  If I didn't want to catch Heathers shows that might never make it to archive, I would have loved listening to the Scottish gent talking about Nessie.

Dr. MD MD

Peter Davenport thinks Heather is a "wonderful host." :)

WOTR

Quote from: brig on June 01, 2018, 01:23:38 AM
I don't think there has been a radio host that was a 10 for me since Art in the 90's.  I hope you don't STFU.  I wouldn't even plan on listening to Dave tomorrow if not for your post.  I like the difficult stuff to listen to, and it will probably be more the interraction that will interest me, rather than the subject matter.  I also think it was interesting that Dave wanted to respond to your post and explain himself.  These are the things about shows that interest me, even if the subject matter does not.  Paranormal interested me in the 90's, but not at all anymore.  I also find it interesting to watch on bellgab, who a host attracts as listeners.
I'm trying to understand, Brig... You spent the night listening to Heater, but you would probably not have bothered with Dave?  By all accounts (and my personal observations), Heather is not a great host.  She does not ask difficult questions, and she can be a little, um, grating on the nerves.  Yet that is what you choose to listen to?

I kind of understand desiring to see the worst of any genera.  I listened to HW when she was on with Joe, when she was interviewed by MV, and her first night back.  Manos, the hands of fate was a terrifically wretched train wreck of a movie, and I did enjoy watching it as well...  But I would not watch it night after night.  I would not forgo watching Casablanca in order to watch Manos a second time.  What is the attraction that you feel?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 01, 2018, 01:52:33 AM

Quote from: WOTR on June 01, 2018, 01:59:07 AM
I'm trying to understand, Brig... You spent the night listening to Heater, but you would probably not have bothered with Dave?  By all accounts (and my personal observations), Heather is not a great host.  She does not ask difficult questions, and she can be a little, um, grating on the nerves.  Yet that is what you choose to listen to?

I kind of understand desiring to see the worst of any genera.  I listened to HW when she was on with Joe, when she was interviewed by MV, and her first night back.  Manos, the hands of fate was a terrifically wretched train wreck of a movie, and I did enjoy watching it as well...  But I would not watch it night after night.  I would not forgo watching Casablanca in order to watch Manos a second time.  What is the attraction that you feel?

I have a deep abiding love for schlock film but it is one thing to watch a horrible 90 minute film and another to listen to schlock for 4 hours.

Quote from: WOTR on June 01, 2018, 01:59:07 AM

Too big but appropriate for Heather. ;D