• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Azzerae's Thread

Started by AZZERAE, May 30, 2019, 06:47:37 AM

chefist

Second From the Left: A young, proud, gay Shredni (sic?) explores the wild exuberance of unbridled youth.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 03:17:58 PM
Second From the Left: A young, proud, gay Shredni (sic?) explores the exuberance of unbridled youth.

His hair was much longer back then.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2019, 03:18:43 PM

His hair was much longer back then.

His abusive, conservative father made him cut it...he shortly thereafter left home and began to live with the "rough boys" in the London underground.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 03:20:12 PM
His abusive, conservative father made him cut it...he shortly thereafter left home and began to live with the "rough boys" in the London underground.

Those rough boys went on to be the England 2005 Ashes winners. The rest can be found in Freddie Flintoff's memoir "I was shit faced in that interview, but it was worth it"

https://youtu.be/lzIJykoht-Q

This was a fun little interlude boys.    Happily it is time for me to go grill some beef steaks over an open flame.  I know SV.  I know.   It's not boiled in a cauldron the way you like it best.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2019, 03:24:35 PM

Those rough boys went on to be the England 2005 Ashes winners. The rest can be found in Freddie Flintoff's memoir "I was shit faced in that interview, but it was worth it"

Ha...that was a fun interview...clearly enjoying the series.

chefist

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 06, 2019, 03:28:39 PM
This was a fun little interlude boys.    Happily it is time for me to go grill some beef steaks over an open flame.  I know SV.  I know.   It's not boiled in a cauldron the way you like it best.

Nice chatting...take care.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 06, 2019, 03:24:35 PM

I don't understand the sport but I was there during that victory and at the parade in Trafalgar Square where those drunken guys were stumbling over their words. It was hilarious and a fun time and insane but unlike football celebrations I didn't find any violence just lots of drunken, fun revelry. I guess a better class of sports fans.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2019, 03:30:55 PM
I don't understand the sport but I was there during that victory and at the parade in Trafalgar Square where those drunken guys were stumbling over their words. It was hilarious and a fun time and insane but unlike football celebrations I didn't find any violence just lots of drunken, fun revelry. I guess a better class of sports fans.

I was there too. Cricket had a brief moment of national popularity, after that the geniuses in charge of the game took it off free TV and it disappeared without trace. We have the World Cup on here at the moment, but for all the attention it gets it could be going on in Patagonia.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 03:30:00 PM
Ha...that was a fun interview...clearly enjoying the series.

If you listen, you can here the crowd chanting "You're pissed, and you know you are".  ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 06, 2019, 03:16:01 PM
And deny you the chance to exercise your wit at my expense with sallies such as this?  Never!  A near-run thing is more entertaining for everyone.

You're like a spindly clay pigeon, nobly sacrificing yourself for the greater good.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 03:35:01 PM
I was there too. Cricket had a brief moment of national popularity, after that the geniuses in charge of the game took it off free TV and it disappeared without trace. We have the World Cup on here at the moment, but for all the attention it gets it could be going on in Patagonia.
One of the more crazy things I saw was some youths climbing up on a highly pitched roof to attempt to watch the match at the Oval. While carrying plastic bags of lager and swilling it. I seriously thought I would be witnessing a severe accident, if not a death. But nobody fell. Also, somewhere out there in Big Brother world there is CCTV footage of me pissing in an alley.  One thing the British and Americans need to improve upon is pissers. The Dutch and German do such a better job with their mobile urinals that they trot out for big events and then pick up by truck the next day.
ps: the WC currently is Girls Soccer. It is amazing it is getting the coverage it has but likely due to the constant promotion and lack of other things on...and the politics, social agendas, of some of the players.....

SredniVashtar

Quote from: chefist on July 06, 2019, 03:30:32 PM
Nice chatting...take care.

Tune in again next week for more Floor Talk, when we discuss what grade of sand paper to use to get that oh-so-right finish.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2019, 03:40:06 PM
One of the more crazy things I saw was some youths climbing up on a highly pitched roof to attempt to watch the match at the Oval. While carrying plastic bags of lager and swilling it. I seriously thought I would be witnessing a severe accident, if not a death. But nobody fell. Also, somewhere out there in Big Brother world there is CCTV footage of me pissing in an alley.  One thing the British and Americans need to improve upon is pissers. The Dutch and German do such a better job with their mobile urinals that they trot out for big events and then pick up by truck the next day.
ps: the WC currently is Girls Soccer. Football. It is amazing it is getting the coverage it has but likely due to the constant promotion and lack of other things on...and the politics, social agendas, of some of the players.....

FIFY

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2019, 03:40:06 PM
ps: the WC currently is Girls Soccer. It is amazing it is getting the coverage it has but likely due to the constant promotion and lack of other things on...and the politics, social agendas, of some of the players.....

There's a cricket WC going on too, but not surprised you haven't heard of it. England are in the semis so there might be a brief spurt of popularity again. Cricket crowds are usually good-natured, unlike soccer ones who take it too seriously.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 03:39:36 PM
You're like a spindly clay pigeon, nobly sacrificing yourself for the greater good.

Same time tomorrow, then?

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 03:39:36 PM
On the good side clay pigeons are poisonous for hogs, so even if you miss them you help control the feral populations.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 03:49:12 PM
I'll bring my twelve gauge.

...and the rockets' red glaaaaare, the bombs bursting in aaaaaaair...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2019, 03:53:18 PM
Not a punt gun? 

Christ! I don't know who's in more danger, the one in front or the one behind.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 03:56:15 PM

Christ! I don't know who's in more danger, the one in front or the one behind.
And what the scenario was behind that photograph because clearly in an urban setting by what looks like a government building. 

They've been banned here for many decades. Poor old ducks couldn't compete with that. Plus it is not sporting to shoot them when not on wing. You can still find 10 gauges around but not much of the really big ones like the old punt guns.  The Russians make a large gauge shotgun for riot control but Bill banned them from import.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KS-23

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on July 06, 2019, 04:14:45 PM
And what the scenario was behind that photograph because clearly in an urban setting by what looks like a government building. 

Actually it looks more like one of the wings of one of SV's country estates.

Jojo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 02:18:17 PM
I used to have an English Bull Terrier. It got along with all dogs but all dogs didn't necessarily get along with him. When faced with a yappy little rat of a Yorkshire Terrier, who would bare its teeth and growl at him, he would stand there indulgently and let him continue, never letting on that one quick snap and shake of the jaws was all it would take to silence the little insect permanently.
Noble.

Jojo

Quote from: AZRAA on July 06, 2019, 03:09:34 AM
She knows in her heart by now that I suffer with a serious case of mental illness, yet expects me to constantly rise to her personal demands. I've tried and tried to please her and offer friendship, and I suspect because of something horrible in her past, she exhibits dominance disproportionately, and unnecessarily. I do feel for her, seeing as though it affects her ability to maintain real boundaries or form lasting relationships. She's told me I'm the one who needs cognitive behavioural therapy*, yet with all my personal struggles I seem to have more insight into both her and my own behaviour than she does.

I'm a very considerate and gentle personality, and many take advantage of it, once its revealed. Sometimes I can't control my moods, so I'm forgiving when others can't, because I know that road, and how it feels.

But I'm patient. I'll forgive and forget, even if I'm not shown the same level of respect, because that's just how I am.

* And I do need it, my insurance just doesn't cover it, so I haven't been able to afford it just yet. I'm sure it'll be better for everyone once I'm regularly going to therapy.
It is the opposite of gentle and considerate to post gore, starting with pet abuse and murder.  Stating that it offends me is in no way "a demand".  The only one here who can demand anything is Liberace or any of his agent(s).  Again, you distort truth, leaving an abyss where the Devil can get leverage.  Expressing offense at animal abuse gore is not a "personal", as you say.  It's a national Internet standard over here in the U.S.

I never asked you to be anything but decent.  Whether or not you offered friendship is a little irrelevant because before friendship can take root, a minimum moral standard has to be met.  You could pour on all the good stuff you want, money, gifts, attention, fun - - you could shower me with it.  But, if you offend me while doing so, you won't get far.  Just like society - a person has to meet a minimum standard of morality.  That is, a citizen can't expect to avoid punishment for crimes just because she or he spends your weekends doing volunteer work and donating to charity.  No.  There is a minimum standard of decency in a civilized society and a minimum standard of decency in friendship.

No one can please everyone because people have divergent values.  Pleasing is like  a teeter-totter.  If I pleased someone like you on one end of my teeter-totter it would put the other end out of whack.

Jojo

Sixteen/Sofia/Monica/14: It's all about her - on either venue.
Wrong.

Needs to be listened to,
There is a difference between self-expression, versus needing an audience.  Like Alcoholics Anonymous, I've always said take what you like (if any) and leave the rest.

hates to be rushed
What are you talking about?  I have never even felt rushed here.  The beauty of texting.

or judged, over shares,
It's not over sharing to me.  You haven't even heard the half of it.  Take what you like and leave the rest.

then lashes back at others (kinda like me?)
I have never lashed out at you.

... Bi-forum
I'm not bi-forum anymore.  I support Rikki Gins and the new Rikki Gins Lounge, but alas, I cannot attend.  The new forum name doesn't align with my recovery from alcoholism on two counts.  It's my loss.

because it's impossible to get enough strokes from either
I have many instances of consecutive multiple satiating satisfactions with the forums.

but can be driven to full retreat by Jackstar or MD.
Well, that's very strange because I have had MD on mute for almost a year and JS on mute for months.  It's not retreating to ignore MD while his snack drools from his mouth.  And when I admit JS is correct from time to time, that also is not retreating.  It's relating.

Subject fidelity to abortion, elder care, dogs, and family dysfunction.
Also pro-choice, health, and computer using.

A truly nice lady
There are those times

who does not belong in either world regardless of how much she enjoyed Art or hates George.
I was not familiar with Art.  I don't hate George.  Love the sinner; hate the sin.  Don't tell me where I belong.  I belong GNS.

Consistently inconsistent in her tonality,
3D.

has some anger management issues, but then who doesn't?
Oh, yeah!
    Alcohol-infused violence
    Getting angry prior to coming to agreements
    Difficulty communicating calmly
    Refusing to speak to people
    Self-harm
    Shouting and swearing, or threatening
    Addiction
    Abusing relationships
Drawn from https://www.priorygroup.com/mental-health/anger-management/symptoms-of-anger-management

Yorkshire pud

I know you're not alone dealing with various demons Azzerae and Sixteen, but really...Is this really the place for mutual/self psycho analysis?

WOTR

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 06, 2019, 03:42:06 PM
Tune in again next week for more Floor Talk, when we discuss what grade of sand paper to use to get that oh-so-right finish.

Shot blasting is guaranteed to take care of any problems. I would use it on a garage floor if oil has been left on it for a long time at any point. The downside is the clean up, and you require a concrete vacuum to attache to the blaster. Not too expensive as you can usually reuse the shot. If it were newer, or a basement, diamond brushes on a machine that looks like a floor polisher would be my choice. Roughs up the surface for paint and takes care of any smaller imperfections that would prevent paint adhesion.

And when it comes to the paint itself, the most important thing is the thickness of the coat(s). Get a gauge to measure the wet film and adjust accordingly. Too thin or thick is going to give you problems in high traffic.

Before painting fill in any spalls or cracks with a quality epoxy product. Chase them with a special diamond "V" shaped blade on your angle grinder, fill them, and grind them down with a standard grinding wheel. (I'm suddenly drawing a blank as to the product that I used to choose- but I still have some downstairs...)

WOTR

Quote from: Sixteen on July 06, 2019, 10:25:09 PM
Sixteen/Sofia/Monica/14: It's all about her - on either venue.
Wrong.

Needs to be listened to,
There is a difference between self-expression, versus needing an audience.  Like Alcoholics Anonymous, I've always said take what you like (if any) and leave the rest.

hates to be rushed
What are you talking about?  I have never even felt rushed here.  The beauty of texting.

or judged, over shares,
It's not over sharing to me.  You haven't even heard the half of it.  Take what you like and leave the rest.

then lashes back at others (kinda like me?)
I have never lashed out at you.

... Bi-forum
I'm not bi-forum anymore.  I support Rikki Gins and the new Rikki Gins Lounge, but alas, I cannot attend.  The new forum name doesn't align with my recovery from alcoholism on two counts.  It's my loss.

because it's impossible to get enough strokes from either
I have many instances of consecutive multiple satiating satisfactions with the forums.

but can be driven to full retreat by Jackstar or MD.
Well, that's very strange because I have had MD on mute for almost a year and JS on mute for months.  It's not retreating to ignore MD while his snack drools from his mouth.  And when I admit JS is correct from time to time, that also is not retreating.  It's relating.

Subject fidelity to abortion, elder care, dogs, and family dysfunction.
Also pro-choice, health, and computer using.

A truly nice lady
There are those times

who does not belong in either world regardless of how much she enjoyed Art or hates George.
I was not familiar with Art.  I don't hate George.  Love the sinner; hate the sin.  Don't tell me where I belong.  I belong GNS.

Consistently inconsistent in her tonality,
3D.

has some anger management issues, but then who doesn't?
Oh, yeah!
    Alcohol-infused violence
    Getting angry prior to coming to agreements
    Difficulty communicating calmly
    Refusing to speak to people
    Self-harm
    Shouting and swearing, or threatening
    Addiction
    Abusing relationships
Drawn from https://www.priorygroup.com/mental-health/anger-management/symptoms-of-anger-management

Fuck me. I think he forgot Oppositional defiant disorder.

As for me- he's not too far off (though I suppose I should probably dissect the post and argue every single point while denying any of it applies.)

I should probably try reining it in a little and ignore Erinn... For some reason, intentionally blind crazy seems to pull out the worst in me (Senda, Heather, Lasha, Erinn...)