• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

pate

Pudophile, for an alleged master of the English language, I find your ability to comprehend it sadly lacking.  I am giving you a passing grade for the day, but it is unfortunately a D-.

I have put together the following info-graphic to illustrate the phrase "went right over his head":

[attachment=1]

I think if you apply yourself, and think about it really hard, you might get an embarrassed chuckle.  I know I did.

Keep your chin up, Champ!

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on July 04, 2019, 10:24:05 AM
Sandman- thank you for posting these stories and links. Very informative.

I have heard women on talk shows complaining about Nike disrespecting the legacy of Betsy Ross. The left appears to be eating each other- and that is a good thing.

No worries, if anyone wants garments with the 'Betsy Ross' flag on it I came across Nine Line Apparel.

https://www.ninelineapparel.com/pages/about-us

Here's the T I ordered for myself and for my kids.

For those interested- here's live coverage of today's festivities. For those who hate to see people united and having a good time- take the day off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03K5VZj0NNk
Nice.  Thanks for link.  I have a nephew who just made it through basic training at Lackland AFB.  I think he'd like something from there.

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on July 04, 2019, 12:00:39 PM
Hey Pud- I dub thee the Eeyore of Bellgab- and everything else in life. You've already been ejected from of England, and although Americans are among the most forgiving of people worldwide- you really chap the American ass- and that's saying something.

nearest shell

This holiday has got to be rough on you, being English and celebrating the Fourth of July- it's almost like walking around kicking your own ass all day.

So get with the program, you're in United States of America now, we're not thrilled about you being here either, but we do encourage you to join in the cornucopia of excesses of the day.

LOL.  The Pud.  Sponges away in the U.S.A., while hating the country and The Prez.  God bless America.

pyewacket

Quote from: ItsOver on July 04, 2019, 02:11:37 PM
Nice.  Thanks for link.  I have a nephew who just made it through basic training at Lackland AFB.  I think he'd like something from there.

Anytime, IO. I've seen some of the training videos and they are intensive- good on your nephew for toughing it out. My nephew just returned from a tour in Afghanistan and is now based in Alaska. I admire these young people for being up to it and willing to serve.

Happy Fourth!!! 

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on July 04, 2019, 02:21:55 PM
Anytime, IO. I've seen some of the training videos and they are intensive- good on your nephew for toughing it out. My nephew just returned from a tour in Afghanistan and is now based in Alaska. I admire these young people for being up to it and willing to serve.

Happy Fourth!!!
Right on, Pye!  Enjoy and celebrate The Fourth!

starramus

Isn't this the 21st Century? Aren't tanks on the Washington Mall just a tad bit anachronistic in this age of hyper sonic delivery systems. Apparently the McDonald wants to re-fight World War II. President Heel Spurs doesn't even know which muscles to flex. Pathetic waste of precious tax payer dollars! It does get the hormones flowing in his mindless base! Euphoria for the trailer park republicans that's what its really about anyway!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 11:39:02 AM

No, it's what it looks like in DC right now.

Same thing after what your people have done to it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: starramus on July 04, 2019, 03:20:34 PM
Isn't this the 21st Century? Aren't tanks on the Washington Mall just a tad bit anachronistic in this age of hyper sonic delivery systems. Apparently the McDonald wants to re-fight World War II. President Heel Spurs doesn't even know which muscles to flex. Pathetic waste of precious tax payer dollars! It does get the hormones flowing in his mindless base! Euphoria for the trailer park republicans that's what its really about anyway!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: starramus on July 04, 2019, 03:20:34 PM

He did say there'd be new Sherman tanks though..  ::)

WOTR

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on July 04, 2019, 09:35:38 AM
A full week would a cool parade, but it looks like they're starting with just one day, and the SJWs are losing their shit over even that - LOL
https://www.thecut.com/2019/06/straight-pride-boston-parade-permit.html
Yeah, you almost have to run speacialty engines now, and how many people have the time to look for a new engine, let alone a different engine for each catagory of search. Search engine dorking doesn't even work the way it used to   :(

Bloody hell. I was half joking... When people in my family complain about "gay pride" parades I usually remind them that they are fee to host a straight pride parade. I just never thought anybody would actually bother. Part of me thinks that it is an elaborate troll...

It would be fun to watch the outrage that it will probably cause. I would not attend unless they could promise at least 1000 angry protesters openly weeping and screaming at the participants

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

I wonder how much it's going to cost?

According to the Washington post, the parks service is putting 2.5 million in for it. Probably a few bucks for the army transporting the tanks as well.

I read the globe and mail today. Headline: "With tanks and fighter jets, Donald Trump turns fourth of July celebrations into parade of military might." I rolled my eyes wondering if the jackass was going to emulate the soviet union with tanks, rocket launchers and troops parading past.

Then it came out a few displays of tanks and APC's, and the blue angels is what they are upset about. I guarantee that the US spends more sending their planes around the world to air shows for the public in other countries to enjoy than they will on this. Last year, I was treated to the Blue angels doing a great performance at a show that I attended. Why not allow the American public enjoy the same show on a day of celebration that other nations do?

albrecht

This is hardly a new story and due to the media's campaign it is almost "normal" by now but there is still, a bit, of controversy about allowing men to claim they are women and then dominate a sport. Which also brings up a subject why have separate sport categories at all? Wouldn't that satisfy the SJWs, the pressure groups, Democrats, and the interested parties?  I mean if lockerrooms and bathrooms in school must allow mixing based on "self identitication" why not end the controversy, as they do in some places, and have a sport for "anyone who wants to proclaim whatever they are." Jason "the Horse" should be allowed to win, or at least compete, a Triple Crown.

http://news.trust.org/item/20190730054454-gybhb/

albrecht

Admission and/or "revelation of the method?"  Wittgenstein? NLP? Sapirâ€"Whorf hypothesis?  Frankfurt School? Tavistock?   

https://www.wired.com/story/actually-gender-neutral-pronouns-can-change-a-culture/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

WOTR

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 14, 2019, 02:37:52 AM
  Are you fucking kidding me?  Stormtrooping children while Seattle is dying.  Fuck me to tears.

https://youtu.be/bpAi70WWBlw

Its scary... What the progressives are doing. We now have safe injections sites. I know a cop who says that the smaller city he works in has declared that the police will not stop and search anybody within a 3 block radius of the safe injection site and that they can't charge anybody there with possession. He is upset (to say the least) watching his city turn into a place like what is described in this clip.

They have strapped needle depositories onto trees (mostly unused) rather than clean up their parks of the addicts. My city has several injection sites- and the areas around them are a place where I would not care to be (and I'm not a small person who is easily scared or intimidated.)

Vancouver wants to decriminalize all drugs for possession. There is talk of giving addicts government supplied drugs. Our long term care facilities (government run) are using up beds once reserved for 80 year olds and housing 30 year olds who have destroyed their brains and bodies with major overdoses and will need to be warehoused for several decades.

Things have got to the point where the government (in a bid to "save lives") is providing treatment of overdoses. Any citizen of any age can walk into any pharmacy and request a naloxne (overdose cure) kit with no ID and no money.

We are following the most fucked up "solutions" that have been tried and our politicians are acting surprised that it is not working. We are creating addicts and rather than attempt to fix the problems are seriously discussing providing them with a government supplied fix to keep them high forever on pure drugs that are not cut with garbage.

Jackstar

Quote from: WOTR on August 18, 2019, 01:16:34 AM
We now have safe injections sites.

If they were called "hospitals" no one would give two shits.

Jojo

I still don't understand how it is moral to create "safe" places for criminals to do crime.  Doesn't make sense at all.  Are the police allowed there?  Can arrests be made?  How about making "safe needles" instead, so that after a needle is used, it automatically retracts and caps.  I know such devices are possible because when people use a needle to prick their finger to check blood sugar, the device that holds the needle retracts the needle afterward.  They could even be made of recycled plastic, ta da.  Disposible, of course.

Jojo

Its scary... What the progressives are doing. We now have safe injections sites. I know a cop who says that the smaller city he works in has declared that the police will not stop and search anybody within a 3 block radius of the safe injection site and that they can't charge anybody there with possession. He is upset (to say the least) watching his city turn into a place like what is described in this clip.

They have strapped needle depositories onto trees (mostly unused) rather than clean up their parks of the addicts. My city has several injection sites- and the areas around them are a place where I would not care to be (and I'm not a small person who is easily scared or intimidated.)

Vancouver wants to decriminalize all drugs for possession. There is talk of giving addicts government supplied drugs. Our long term care facilities (government run) are using up beds once reserved for 80 year olds and housing 30 year olds who have destroyed their brains and bodies with major overdoses and will need to be warehoused for several decades.

Things have got to the point where the government (in a bid to "save lives") is providing treatment of overdoses. Any citizen of any age can walk into any pharmacy and request a naloxne (overdose cure) kit with no ID and no money.

We are following the most fucked up "solutions" that have been tried and our politicians are acting surprised that it is not working. We are creating addicts and rather than attempt to fix the problems are seriously discussing providing them with a government supplied fix to keep them high forever on pure drugs that are not cut with garbage.
As for that homeless encampment, I'm sorry to say it's not just Seattle; people everywhere cannot afford housing.  Housing has quadrupled in price from the late 90s, while wages have barely changed and food and utilities have skyrocketed since then, too.  The only affordable things left are solid goods, and Trump's tariffs are about to abolish those deals too.  I was going to say the rich just don't care, but the truth is, it's a systemic problem involving rents going higher and higher and higher.  There are often like 8 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment, in any city, USA.  I've rented, and I've owned homes.  I owned a rental.  And I cannot possibly see why landlords are charging "whatever the market will bear" (as they have told me in forums).  It's greedy and disgusting.  Landlords are willing to take people in, in total disregard of the 30 percent rule.  They are knowingly charging people rent which is over 60 percent of the renter's gross income.  They don't care.  They feel they deserve to live on someone else's constant financial crisis and misery.  When they can't pay, they have to leave and it's as easy as pie to find a new renter, since there just isn't enough housing anyway.

I suspect all those massive foreclosures in the 2000s had something to do with the housing shortage.  I suspect people who run financial institutions are behind profiting by making people homeless.  So many people lost their homes - the foreclosure sections were basically the only section left in today's thin newspapers, from 2002-2014.  Many, many foreclosed homes still sit empty, or have been torn down for re-development.  With nowhere to go, most of the people who lost their homes have to stay with other families, creating massive overcrowding and challenges to typical home infrastructure.  Just from what I've seen.

starrmtn001

We now have safe injections sites.

Yeah.  The arm and the butt.  Same as always, duh. ;) ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on August 18, 2019, 01:22:06 AM
If they were called "hospitals" no one would give two shits.
And that is where you are wrong. One is in the only downtown "health center" (limited hospital) in the city. The problem is that now the ONLY people who feel safe going there are people wanting to get high. Strangely, the little old lady who needs her medication for arthritis doesn't want to walk through the four blocks of aggressive panhandlers, stoned people passed out on the sidewalk and wade through the human feces and would rather go the extra few miles to a hospital that is not a safe injection site.

It is probably the one that draws the most criticism. 

Juan

Government giving out drugs? That’s not new. The CIA is rumored to have given Manson the LSD he used to mind control The Family.

WOTR

Quote from: Tangerine on August 18, 2019, 05:49:58 AM
As for that homeless encampment, I'm sorry to say it's not just Seattle; people everywhere cannot afford housing.  Housing has quadrupled in price from the late 90s, while wages have barely changed and food and utilities have skyrocketed since then, too. 
Did you watch it? The argument it made was that it is not just affordable housing- but what you see in the worst cases is 100% addiction driven. There are homeless people- but the ones who are the problem is not the plumber out of work who fell on hard times.

I lived in a trailer in a mining town for a few years. While I didn't park it around a somewhat hidden lake with around 400 others, there was a community there who were considered homeless. That group elected a "mayor" watched each others stuff while they worked and would eject problem. I'm not aware of the police ever needing to be called in to deal with any situation there (could have been- I was not living there, but did know people who were.)

I have nothing against people living in trailers, motor homes or tents. I lived in a place where there simply was not enough housing during a boom and people were forced to live in ways that were not optimal. That was what homelessness due to lack of housing (affordable or otherwise) looked like. Not people stoned out of their tree and dying of overdoses in public.

This is about addiction far more than it's a "homeless problem". If rent were $100 / month, many of these people would still be homeless. Now, you can argue what came first: the lack of housing or the addiction. But when you have blocks around an area that have become wastelands and parks where kids can't play it's becoming a problem. Is the solution free housing for everyone? Is it providing enough government supplied drugs to reduce the crime?

Low-cost/free housing in empty malls. Good idea or Dawn of the Dead waiting to happen?

paladin1991

Quote from: Tangerine on August 18, 2019, 05:49:58 AM
As for that homeless encampment, I'm sorry to say it's not just Seattle; people everywhere cannot afford housing.  Housing has quadrupled in price from the late 90s, while wages have barely changed and food and utilities have skyrocketed since then, too.  The only affordable things left are solid goods, and Trump's tariffs are about to abolish those deals too.  I was going to say the rich just don't care, but the truth is, it's a systemic problem involving rents going higher and higher and higher.  There are often like 8 people living in a 2 bedroom apartment, in any city, USA.  I've rented, and I've owned homes.  I owned a rental.  And I cannot possibly see why landlords are charging "whatever the market will bear" (as they have told me in forums).  It's greedy and disgusting.  Landlords are willing to take people in, in total disregard of the 30 percent rule.  They are knowingly charging people rent which is over 60 percent of the renter's gross income.  They don't care.  They feel they deserve to live on someone else's constant financial crisis and misery.  When they can't pay, they have to leave and it's as easy as pie to find a new renter, since there just isn't enough housing anyway.

I suspect all those massive foreclosures in the 2000s had something to do with the housing shortage.  I suspect people who run financial institutions are behind profiting by making people homeless.  So many people lost their homes - the foreclosure sections were basically the only section left in today's thin newspapers, from 2002-2014.  Many, many foreclosed homes still sit empty, or have been torn down for re-development.  With nowhere to go, most of the people who lost their homes have to stay with other families, creating massive overcrowding and challenges to typical home infrastructure.  Just from what I've seen.

You should try getting a job.  Or two.  Most of us who own homes, pay bills , put food on the table, that's what we do.  We follow the law, yield to oncoming traffic, save from our earnings....