• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

ART BELL would never accept the disgusting hatred going on around here.

Started by jedimiller, April 22, 2018, 02:14:12 AM

jedimiller

I've been reading the posts lately after Art's death. And some of you people are disgusting hating trolls. You hate on Heather, Noory and everyone on the radio. Why even be here at all? Personally, I think this site should be shut down or moderated by someone who actually cares about Radio and these issues. The stuff that has been said about Art and his family is shocking and sick. I want everyone and each of you to apologize and reinvent yourselves. Hating on a person who is doing a radio show is a shame. It's having no decency and it shows just how insecure and how much you hate yourself. I've had my own monsters but I move up and respect people. You haters hiding behind a computer, talking smack about these people working is absolutely, shameful. I had hope for the human race and for the fans..but just reading this board recently, I can see humanity degrading and going back 10, 000 years. I guess you guys never learned anything from art.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jedimiller on April 22, 2018, 02:14:12 AM
Hating on a person who is doing a radio show is a shame.

I knoooow.  I hate it when people do that.

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 28, 2013, 04:36:55 PM
If I can bear to listen lately, the Nooron does get plenty of screened ass kissers to tell him how great he is.

Took 30 seconds of searching to find that.

Quote from: jedimiller on April 09, 2018, 11:40:04 PM
I'm still keeping it open for those who want to donate and want to help find out the truth.

clearly you come from a position of unassailable credibility.

Dateline

"And some of you people are disgusting hating trolls."  You post the talk and hurl with the best.  Yes, you have degenerated into a Bellgabber.

Rocketeer

I've been reading the posts lately after Art's death. And some of you people are disgusting hating trolls. You hate on Heather, Noory and everyone on the radio. Why even be here at all? Personally, I think this site should be shut down or moderated by someone who actually cares about Radio and these issues. The stuff that has been said about Art and his family is shocking and sick. I want everyone and each of you to apologize and reinvent yourselves. Hating on a person who is doing a radio show is a shame. It's having no decency and it shows just how insecure and how much you hate yourself. I've had my own monsters but I move up and respect people. You haters hiding behind a computer, talking smack about these people working is absolutely, shameful. I had hope for the human race and for the fans..but just reading this board recently, I can see humanity degrading and going back 10, 000 years. I guess you guys never learned anything from art.

Cute string of non-sequiturs there . . .

Saving Why even be here at all? for the philosophers, let's get a few things straightened out:

You can't excuse Heather's outrages.  Art's death doesn't forgive her the gross and frankly stupid behavior she's splashed all over Twitter and Facebook of late, arbitrarily attacking actual long-term friends of the man like George Knapp, or bohemian peaceniks a la Jeremy Corbell.  Nothing can make sense of those acts.

Given all that's occurred in the last week BellGab's collective reaction, compared to all the things that might have happened, is pretty damn mild.  A bunch of people wondering and speculating about the details surrounding the death of the person for whom their forum is named?  Yeah, that sounds exactly like "shut the website down" material to me.

A bit rich to read how I'm the coward hiding behind a computer, "Jedi."  Or should I say fake RoseGirl?

One final note: in the future, to prevent becoming a troll, get specific in your critiques.  Broad generalizations like "some of you people" and "everyone on the radio" are lazy and, worse, boring.

AZZERAE

Oh please, Art Bell built his entire career on freedom of speech.

LuLu

Whell!

bellNwhistle

Clearly you don’t read here or you’d realize how ignorant your post is.

Lord Grantham

I guess you guys never learned anything from art.

Art is a subjective medium. There is no one single "truth" or "knowledge" that can be expressed from a work of art. It is up to the individual to take away their own truth from art.   

jedimiller

Quote from: mv on April 22, 2018, 02:25:27 AM
I knoooow.  I hate it when people do that.

Took 30 seconds of searching to find that.

clearly you come from a position of unassailable credibility.

ive changed my position on that. cancelled the campaing and issued refund. also apologized to heather.

Robert

Quote from: jedimiller on April 22, 2018, 02:14:12 AMI've been reading the posts lately after Art's death. And some of you people are disgusting hating trolls. You hate on Heather, Noory and everyone on the radio. Why even be here at all? Personally, I think this site should be shut down or moderated by someone who actually cares about Radio and these issues. The stuff that has been said about Art and his family is shocking and sick. I want everyone and each of you to apologize and reinvent yourselves. Hating on a person who is doing a radio show is a shame. It's having no decency and it shows just how insecure and how much you hate yourself. I've had my own monsters but I move up and respect people. You haters hiding behind a computer, talking smack about these people working is absolutely, shameful. I had hope for the human race and for the fans..but just reading this board recently, I can see humanity degrading and going back 10, 000 years. I guess you guys never learned anything from art.
Yeah, & such small portions!

My initial reaction wasn’t much different. Holy shit some of the comments. People are weird. There’s à lot of love hidden in there too.

ItsOver

Hater.

Uncle Duke

Bell was an old school "there's no such thing as bad publicity" radio guy.  He'd be revelling in this quagmire, chiming in at opportune times to stir the pot.  He did that here (and elsewhere) for years. 

LOL! no

This person is what's wrong with the world:

We have to all live by MY moral code...

You have to be shut down because I don't like what you say...

You are wrong, but of course I'm right....

I'm smart and know way more than you....

I came back here because of Art's death. I remember it being a free and open exchange of ideas. I don't even know who Heather is. What I do know is that people like this are the real problem.

Not haters, because haters gonna hate.
Not trolls, because trolls gonna troll.

It's YOU.

'Nuff said. God speed Art.

Yorkshire pud

You've been here since 2013, so you'll know that AB returned (briefly-twice) because of the instigation of members of BG? One notable member even spent his money on advertising. A few others did intro videos and basically went out of their way to try and make it happen...HW was a liked member at the time, and came across as being pretty down to earth on Gabcast.. But that was then.

She essentially threw all the support and encouragement in everyone's face when she was (at first) being advised by the listeners to try and change her delivery on air. But nope..Heather knows it all, after all, Art Bell was telling everyone who would listen that she was getting better every day, so it must be true, right?

She comes across (now) as being something of a spoiled brat, unable to accept she doesn't know it all, and unable to change for anyone, because Art Bell told her she didn't need to. There are hundreds of broadcasters on air, every day in radioland who can everyday have millions of listeners; Sure it isn't late night talk radio, but the approach is the same. Never assume the listener will be there tomorrow; Never believe you can't improve and adapt-you really don't know everything, and certainly don't be so arrogant to think just because you might think you're a 'star' you can't be replaced. Look up Chris Evans in his stint at Radio 1 in the UK...He decided he wouldn't show up for work on friday because he had a TV show later in the day..Then he wanted this that and the other, really believing he was too good to be sacked-He had about 6 million listeners everyday. He was fired by Matthew Bannister who was the then top man at Radio 1. Chris Evans later admitted he'd been a prick. HW would do well to learn a little humility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWhTad4mdkE&t=188s
Ed Oppermann puts his two cents in. He was allegedly involved in one of Art's lawsuits. I haven't listened to this yet, so I don't know if it is positive or negative.

FallenSeraph

I've already apologized and reinvented myself once. I used to be a gleaming and joyous legion of hope, love and generosity. Now I am but one fallen seraph. Seek the light, friend. This is no place for those who fear the dark.

Quote from: Kolchak on April 22, 2018, 02:21:08 AM
This thread is Poe's law in action.

For the ignorant, such as myself:
(From the Book Of Knowledge)

Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers for a sincere expression of the parodied views.[1][2][3]

The original statement of the adage, by Nathan Poe, was:[1]

Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article.
You can find the rest.............

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Original Larry on April 22, 2018, 11:30:45 AM
Ed Oppermann puts his two cents in. He was allegedly involved in one of Art's lawsuits. I haven't listened to this yet, so I don't know if it is positive or negative.

I'm only 5 minutes in, but Ed is talking about David Oates driving around and having sex with female fans in a van and Art reporting him to the FBI.

U nasty, David!

ItsOver

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 22, 2018, 11:49:35 AM
I'm only 5 minutes in, but Ed is talking about David Oates driving around and having sex with female fans in a van and Art reporting him to the FBI.

U nasty, David!
Was Oates driving the van in reverse?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Original Larry on April 22, 2018, 11:30:45 AM

9 or 10 minutes in: Art teamed up with trolls to harass David Oates and Ed; Art also worked with one of them to orchestrate the whole Mel's Hole thing.

OK, I guess I don't like Ed. I don't wanna know about the seedy side of Art's life. Shut your damn mouth, Ed.

Ignorance is bliss.

AZZERAE

If you don't like the heat, get outta the fucking kitchen. Bruh.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: FallenSeraph on April 22, 2018, 12:02:13 PM
9 or 10 minutes in: Art teamed up with trolls to harass David Oates and Ed; Art also worked with one of them to orchestrate the whole Mel's Hole thing.

OK, I guess I don't like Ed. I don't wanna know about the seedy side of Art's life. Shut your damn mouth, Ed.

Ignorance is bliss.

OK, so if you have time to kill when you're supposed to be doing laundry and writing a brochure for a trucking company *cough*, I guess I'd recommend listening to this interview (with a grain of salt). I wish Ed didn't sound so gossipy and gleeful about his knowledge, but whatever.

He talks about the Oates throwdown, some of Art's sketchy guests, the horrific thing that happened to Art's son, what a blast Ramona was, how shattered Art was after the Heaven's Gate thing, some notable stalkers, etc.

I'm only halfway through it. He has not yet mentioned Art's close and endearing friendship with Falkie and how much they corresponded.

Dwelling in Procrastination Nation right now. I never should've come over here.