Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 25, 2018, 06:46:53 PM
Christ - did I just type that out?   I really am a hater

troll & hater

Quote from: anon on April 25, 2018, 06:46:48 PM
when was Amy's last live broadcast?

Around last Thanksgiving I think

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 25, 2018, 06:46:09 PM
Well maybe if it was Jimmy Church and when he was yuking it up with his Morning Zoo shtick, he ended up taking a foul ball of his noodle.    That I might like.

Esplain that one to Mrs Walks. I dare ya.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 25, 2018, 06:48:24 PM
Around last Thanksgiving I think

holy shit! is she still excepting donations?

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2018, 06:49:03 PM
Esplain that one to Mrs Walks. I dare ya.

I think I'd just need to have her listen to the first 5 minutes of FaderNight tomorrow night.   She'd be all for Church's beaning - I'm almost positive.

Quote from: anon on April 25, 2018, 06:49:17 PM
holy shit! is she still excepting donations?

I'd imagine she'd be thinking she has to start over from scratch.  Well.  Because she is..............

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 25, 2018, 06:46:09 PM
Well maybe if it was Jimmy Church and when he was yuking it up with his Morning Zoo shtick, he ended up taking a foul ball off his noodle.    That I might like.
You know how baseball announcers will pull in a retired player, the promotions manager, someone famous who is a fan, or some new business owner promotion into the booth to talk or even 'call' an inning? They should pull in a paranormal/conspiracy host to talk with them, do their show from the booth, or, better yet call an inning. I want Quayle, DD, or Alex calling an inning. Breathless, ranting, thrown in political commentary:

"he stole 3rd just like the privately held Federal Reserve bankers are stealing your children's future! Blood-sucking goblin demons!!! Arrgg!"

"Hear these white-trash pieces of shit booing Ichiro Suzuki, probably Trump supporters. My sainted mother...and a pop-fly and inning over..."

"Look at that home run! What power. Almost gigantic- like the Nephalim found in Afghanistan my sources high up in the military tell me. The point is maybe LA should rename the team 'Fallen Angels' because the Smithsonian covers up the giant bones found Catalina island, the point being is that LA has power in this line-up..."

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2018, 07:02:47 PM
You know how baseball announcers will pull in a retired player, the promotions manager, someone famous who is a fan, or some new business owner promotion into the booth to talk or even 'call' an inning? They should pull in a paranormal/conspiracy host to talk with them, do their show from the booth, or, better yet call an inning. I want Quayle, DD, or Alex calling an inning. Breathless, ranting, thrown in political commentary:

"he stole 3rd just like the privately held Federal Reserve bankers are stealing your children's future! Blood-sucking goblin demons!!! Arrgg!"

"Hear these white-trash pieces of shit booing Ichiro Suzuki, probably Trump supporters. My sainted mother...and a pop-fly and inning over..."

"Look at that home run! What power. Almost gigantic- like the Nephalim found in Afghanistan my sources high up in the military tell me. The point is maybe LA should rename the team 'Fallen Angels' because the Smithsonian covers up the giant bones found Catalina island, the point being is that LA has power in this line-up..."

A fascinating idea.  I think Alex, with all his talent, could totally excel at it.  Especially at the college level where there is no need to pretend to be impartial. 
Years ago, U of M had a football announcer named Bob Ufer that was a total madman.   Jones could do just as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS5XCURtDwg

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 25, 2018, 07:11:04 PM
A fascinating idea.  I think Alex, with all his talent, could totally excel at it.  Especially at the college level where there is no need to pretend to be impartial. 
Years ago, U of M had a football announcer named Bob Ufer that was a total madman.   Jones could do just as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS5XCURtDwg
That's awesome. Yeah. he could do it. Wrestling announcing also also since he likes to 'get involved' and the pantomime and ranting aspects (he could tear his shirt off and step into the ring etc.)

GravitySucks

As to whether or not she would be the next host of mitd

Amy martin on a FB page

Thanks for all of the kind comments. I can put to rest those rumors, but appreciate the <3. Have been with DTRN since Art last retired. TJ had been very good to me over there. He's adding new programs to the network all of the time (not just paranormal ones). I'm also involved in about four other commercial radio projects other than my own right now from the behind-the-scenes aspects. Have a lot of stuff in the works. DTRN itself is also getting a facelift (lookout for that soon).

The week Art passed, I had already taken speaking engagements and was expected to judge a world robotics competition a 9 hour drive away, just days following. It's been nonstop busy ever since with no signs of slowing. I was invited to visit next weekend at TX Frightmare with some of my horror crew.

In the past few months, just founded a media company primarily for broadcasting and film. On top of radio, I'm working on some film projects. With what I'm doing now, there's no way I would be able to self-produce and host any five day or night shows.That's just the reality of it.

Once dust settles and I'm not flying here and there in May, will return live again with my show on Wednesday nights over at DTRN just before Brainwaves. In addition to that, I make frequent guest appearances on a lot of shows. I'll try to be better about posting.

Art's passing was something I guess I had always expected as an eventuality but never actually would be prepared for.

As a young kid, I held an interest in these topics for various reasons. I'd later find Art around 1995/1996 whilst researching a certain comet on Yahoo.

In college, Art kept me company on the air many a night in my rural apartment. On occasion, a friend's Dad would invite me over for coffee and to chat about Coast. The Father Malachi episodes seemed to always scare the hell out of me.

Long time listener, first time caller on Art's Truth or Trash episode with MITD.

Never as a kid would I have ever imagined having the opportunity to write and host the news for him. He gave me the tools and a solid foundation for radio, then threw me into the deep end so to speak. I've learned a lot on my own these past few years, but his confidence in me, I credit for the career I have now. I looked at every moment spent both during the time and looking back as completely 'surreal'. I NEVER got used to seeing his name on caller ID no matter how often he would call. My heart seemed to always skip a beat.

Art was never one for rambling, so I'll leave you with this thought.

Soon, a young Art Bell's very first broadcasts speeding nearly 60.4 light years away from Earth will pass through Theta Cygni, in the northern constellation of Cygnus. Somewhere in space and time, as long as there is light in this expanse, there will always exist Art Bell. I'm thankful every day that at one point I shared and continue to share in that immortal trip through the stars, however short a time it seemed on this terrestrial plane.

aldousburbank

Amy judging a world robotics competition? Irony.

GravitySucks

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 28, 2018, 06:53:32 PM

Yep. She was down here actually. Probably should have tried to meet up with her but she was busy. Plus you set the bar pretty high for BellGab meetups.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 28, 2018, 06:53:32 PM

Takes one to... well, you "get it."

AZZERAE

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 28, 2018, 06:46:52 PM
Amy via Facebook:

Thanks for all of the kind comments. I can put to rest those rumors, but appreciate the <3. Have been with DTRN since Art last retired. TJ had been very good to me over there. He's adding new programs to the network all of the time (not just paranormal ones). I'm also involved in about four other commercial radio projects other than my own right now from the behind-the-scenes aspects. Have a lot of stuff in the works. DTRN itself is also getting a facelift (lookout for that soon).

The week Art passed, I had already taken speaking engagements and was expected to judge a world robotics competition a 9 hour drive away, just days following. It's been nonstop busy ever since with no signs of slowing. I was invited to visit next weekend at TX Frightmare with some of my horror crew.

In the past few months, just founded a media company primarily for broadcasting and film. On top of radio, I'm working on some film projects. With what I'm doing now, there's no way I would be able to self-produce and host any five day or night shows. That's just the reality of it.

Once dust settles and I'm not flying here and there in May, will return live again with my show on Wednesday nights over at DTRN just before Brainwaves. In addition to that, I make frequent guest appearances on a lot of shows. I'll try to be better about posting.

Oh, I see! So she's one of those "I'm busy" types. Her sentences are always peppered with a great deal of I can't, not now, and maybe later's. In these repeated cases of her flaking out on potential listeners, it would be best of her not to announce that she's announcing a definite slot she'll be hosting, then re-announce she's about to cancel and to look out for further announcements.

paladin1991

Whos got pics of this 'Amy?'

whoozit

Tinfoil_Helm

Amy seems decent though.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 30, 2018, 01:12:38 PM
I called it back then.  March.  At the earliest.

September. Definitely September.

Sean92008

Wouldn't it be nice if Mr. Winnie interviewed her for a half an hour...  Just to say "hi" and drum up support for her current projects while the rest of us hear about her deals.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 02, 2018, 02:53:39 AM
Whos got pics of this 'Amy?'

Don't bother she is a lesbian iirc

chefist

Amy prefers the ladies as well? Jesus...PBS, Lasha, Heater, Rachel Madow...now Amy...see a trend here?

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2018, 08:24:46 PM
Amy prefers the ladies as well? Jesus...PBS, Lasha, Heater, Rachel Madow...now Amy...see a trend here?

George Senda is available. He is a hell of a man.

chefist

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 08, 2018, 08:26:33 PM
George Senda is available. He is a hell of a man.

I'm referring to "radio ladies"...George is a video man. For worse or worser.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2018, 08:24:46 PM

None of them are Japanese Nazis ~desu :(

chefist

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 08, 2018, 08:32:57 PM
None of them are Japanese Nazis ~desu :(

Your gif could be biological males...just to clarify things.

chefist

I'd love a brief run down on Amy and her show? Was it her health that ended it? She was a skeptic, so how did that play out with the fans? Did she gain audience being a skeptic? I listened to part of the "Manos" show, but that is not my thing...

There are so many people that want a skeptic, but is it a viable business model?

Thanks...

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2018, 08:44:28 PM
I'd love a brief run down on Amy and her show? Was it her health that ended it?...

She will be filling in from time to time, so keep your subscription up to date

chefist

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 08, 2018, 08:49:01 PM
She will be filling in from time to time, so keep your subscription up to date

I'm sorry...confused...filling in from time to time on her own show?

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2018, 08:44:28 PM
I'd love a brief run down on Amy and her show?

Obvious Turing Test reject was obvious.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2018, 08:35:17 PM
Your gif could be biological males...just to clarify things.

Or they could be regular fascist kawaii nippon girls that like yuri