• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 03:48:49 PM
Anywhere that you're not living is a Utopia to me. But the UK is widely recognised as Heaven on Earth.

Not since Londonistan.

:(

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
There are enough gun laws?

Indeed yes.

QuoteThere are enough guns.

When there are sales will drop off.

Next!

Quotefull stop! The more you have, the more trouble you'll likely to get, particularly if you add mental illness to the brew.

A mental health treatment issue.

QuoteI'm going to make a note in my diary. I was actually lectured by an American about being isolated from the world.

Did it take???

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 15, 2018, 05:47:22 PM
I think he turned most of that over to the state earlier this year.

Classy guy - very thoughtful of him, esp. for a Brit!

:)

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 03:42:27 PM
Most shootings do NOT occur where gun laws are most draconian. I know because I live somewhere where you can't own a gun. If you want to make an argument, fine, but don't make shit up...

Guns are different. There isn't a clear opportunity cost that you're sacrificing....

Well, it IS the case in the US.  Gun crime is overwhelmingly in our big, ''progressive'' led, cities.

Guns deter crime all the time.  I'm not going to bother looking up the stats, because you don't give a hoot, and if it's not from CNN you aren't going to accept it anyway.  Crime deterred is your opportunity cost.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 05:14:58 PM
I remember that. He called someone a wanker. I nearly swallowed my tongue.

Bono yelled at me to ''shut the fuck up''

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 15, 2018, 02:51:58 PM

Last two school shootings that made the news were FL and TX...The one in LV was Democratic too? Got it.

LV is run by Dems. And Chicago. And Baltimore. And Detroit. And Oakland. And South Central. And DC.

In Obama’s final year as president.

• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C.

So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.

This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.

But what about other deaths each year?
• 40,000+ die from a drug overdose
• 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors.
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease.

It’s strange the democrat media ignores the murder of blacks in democrat cities. I wonder why?

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 15, 2018, 06:00:15 PM
Well, it IS the case in the US.  Gun crime is overwhelmingly in our big, ''progressive'' led, cities.

Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, DC, Boston, etc...

QuoteGuns deter crime all the time.  I'm not going to bother looking up the stats, because you don't give a hoot, and if it's not from CNN you aren't going to accept it anyway.  Crime deterred is your opportunity cost.

A great regular read of citizens defending themselves to be found at:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/the-armed-citizen

Man...that bald eagle reminds me of...VP Pence... 8)

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 15, 2018, 05:17:39 PM
Phil is also a huge collector of Alamo memorabilia.  He probably knows more about the Alamo than most Texans on this board.  I think he was made an honorary Texan or something.  He put out a book about his Alamo collection.

Mexico is still kicking American ass .....  8)

Metron2267

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 15, 2018, 05:38:24 PM
What kind of commie bastard doesn’t like Dire Straits?

Mark Knopfler is such a technician:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSdThfseSkQ

Metron2267

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on June 15, 2018, 06:15:28 PM
Mexico is still kicking American ass .....  8)

By being our gardeners?

Oh.. :o

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 04:16:19 PM
There are enough guns Jews. full stop! The more you have, the more trouble you'll likely to get

... not so great an argument now, is it?

ItsOver

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 15, 2018, 04:32:51 PM
Were there any good looking girl groups in the 80's? The gogos looks like a bag of smashed assholes

How about Jan Kuehnemund of Vixen, lady hair band.  Unfortunately, she passed away several years back of cancer.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 15, 2018, 12:51:48 PM
... I'm much more concerned about getting attacked by a drunken white yob on a Friday night than any Muslim threat, which is infinitesimal...

Yes, the Muslim threat is infinitesimal.  It's the death cult of peace after all.

As far as drunken white yobs looking for trouble, it's amazing how much more careful and respectful they are when they don't know who among them can defend themselves with deadly force.  Pulling a gun out is mostly not necessary, it's the idea that it's a possibility.  I doubt this will compute for you, but ask any criminal. 

Asuka Langley

Quote from: ItsOver on June 15, 2018, 06:55:22 PM
How about Jan Kuehnemund of Vixen, lady hair band.  Unfortunately, she passed away several years back of cancer.

blah, to blonde she looks like a nazi

Kaiborg

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 15, 2018, 04:12:49 PM

Isn't it funny how the only people (still) whining about Trump are literally petulant children?  It cracks me up every time.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 15, 2018, 06:57:04 PM
Yes, the Muslim threat is infinitesimal.  It's the death cult of peace after all.

As far as drunken white yobs looking for trouble, it's amazing how much more careful and respectful they are when they don't know who among them can defend themselves with deadly force.  Pulling a gun out is mostly not necessary, it's the idea that it's a possibility.  I doubt this will compute for you, but ask any criminal.

The anti-gun stuff knows no bounds.  My family lives in what used to be a pretty nice neighborhood.  Since the housing market crashed, many of the smaller houses in the neighborhood have become rental properties.  The house cattycorner and across the street has become a commune of sorts.  At least four families live in it, and maybe more.  They seem to come and go constantly.  I'd wager that everyone throws in a hundred or two every month and they have a place to crash on the cheap.  The cops are over there constantly.  Drugs are a certainty.  A couple weeks ago, a kid was walking by their house and one of their many dogs ran over and bit him on the leg.  The kid refused to call the cops because he said he knew a couple of the guys who stay there and he feared repercussions should he turn them in. We've had some break-ins in the area, houses, garages, and vehicles.  I keep a pistol in my pocket when I'm home and I keep a bigger gun on top of the fridge.

Last week we had some friends come over for dinner and a movie.  My friend went to get something out of the fridge and saw the gun on top of it.  He was shocked, asked if it was loaded.  I gave him the John Wayne answer...a gun that isn't loaded isn't good for anything.  "You keep a loaded gun around your kids," he asked disgustedly.  I told him about the local problem, but it didn't seem to make a dent.  He asked why I didn't keep it in the safe.  I told him that if I thought some shitbag that breaks in would mind waiting around for me to open the safe, I might be willing to do that.  "Guns are dangerous!"  Potentially, yes, I answered, but so are the knives in that butcher block and so is the chemicals in the cleaning agents on the cupboard and under the sink.  I don't expect my kid to take a steak knife and stab the other, nor do I expect them to pop the lid of the Lysol and drink it, nor do I expect them to shoot themselves or one another.  I don't expect those things to happen because I have taught them not to.  My kids know right from wrong.  The guy or guys who are not welcome to bust in here don't.  I told him I was sorry he was uncomfortable about the situation but that it would be asinine to expect me to put the gun away and not the knives or the chemicals.

At what point did we lose our collective minds and get all silly about guns?  Yes, I know that they are used for wrong by bad people.  But NOT here in my house they aren't.  There ain't no bad people here.     

starramus

Thanks Deplorables for bumping my thread back up out of the dust! The Ugliest American needs a little air play.

Metron2267

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 15, 2018, 07:24:42 PM
At what point did we lose our collective minds and get all silly about guns?  Yes, I know that they are used for wrong by bad people.  But NOT here in my house they aren't.  There ain't no bad people here.     

100% pure patriot approved!

:)

Jackstar

At what point did we lose our collective minds and get all silly about guns?

'Round 'bout h'eah.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on June 15, 2018, 08:19:59 PM

'Round 'bout h'eah.

99.9% of all gun deaths are caused by a human being pulling the trigger on a chambered round.   Take the human out of the equation and a gun is as benign as a marshmallow.  By liberal logic that would suggest that guns are okay but humans have got to go. 

Hank

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on June 15, 2018, 08:34:03 PM
99.9% of all gun deaths are caused by a human being pulling the trigger on a chambered round.   Take the human out of the equation and a gun is as benign as a marshmallow.  By liberal logic that would suggest that guns are okay but humans have got to go.

That's where abortion, GMO's, and glyphosate come in....

The anti-gun stuff knows no bounds.  My family lives in what used to be a pretty nice neighborhood.  Since the housing market crashed, many of the smaller houses in the neighborhood have become rental properties.  The house cattycorner and across the street has become a commune of sorts.  At least four families live in it, and maybe more.  They seem to come and go constantly.  I'd wager that everyone throws in a hundred or two every month and they have a place to crash on the cheap.  The cops are over there constantly.  Drugs are a certainty.  A couple weeks ago, a kid was walking by their house and one of their many dogs ran over and bit him on the leg.  The kid refused to call the cops because he said he knew a couple of the guys who stay there and he feared repercussions should he turn them in. We've had some break-ins in the area, houses, garages, and vehicles.  I keep a pistol in my pocket when I'm home and I keep a bigger gun on top of the fridge.

Last week we had some friends come over for dinner and a movie.  My friend went to get something out of the fridge and saw the gun on top of it.  He was shocked, asked if it was loaded.  I gave him the John Wayne answer...a gun that isn't loaded isn't good for anything.  "You keep a loaded gun around your kids," he asked disgustedly.  I told him about the local problem, but it didn't seem to make a dent.  He asked why I didn't keep it in the safe.  I told him that if I thought some shitbag that breaks in would mind waiting around for me to open the safe, I might be willing to do that.  "Guns are dangerous!"  Potentially, yes, I answered, but so are the knives in that butcher block and so is the chemicals in the cleaning agents on the cupboard and under the sink.  I don't expect my kid to take a steak knife and stab the other, nor do I expect them to pop the lid of the Lysol and drink it, nor do I expect them to shoot themselves or one another.  I don't expect those things to happen because I have taught them not to.  My kids know right from wrong.  The guy or guys who are not welcome to bust in here don't.  I told him I was sorry he was uncomfortable about the situation but that it would be asinine to expect me to put the gun away and not the knives or the chemicals.

I approve of this message.  There used to be gun clubs in  schools for God's sake.  Teach responsibility, a trait sorely lacking in today's culture.  Now if I had little kids or an unstable child I sure as hell wouldn't keep a loaded gun out but otherwise, like you said, a gun in a safe isn't handy when someone breaks into your bedroom.

... The racist twat  who jeers at a Muzzle immigrant gets treated by his daughter in hospital two decades later. People benefit from immigration all the time, even if they don't acknowledge it...

Why do we need to support the family in this example for two decades, and pay their kids way to college?  We have 320 million Americans, the kids of which also go to school and become doctors. 

We don't really need any more people, we don't need any more poor people, and we certainly don't need any more human time bombs

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Hank on June 15, 2018, 08:40:54 PM
That's where abortion, GMO's, and glyphosate come in....

Bingo.

... by all means drop in the word 'fake' all the time to show what an independent thinker you are. It's not as if that's exactly what Trump wants you to do...

The instant some Left wing puke in the media came up with the term ''fake news'' to describe the non-Democrat approved media, it was such a perfect description of them that I started using it.

I congratulate Trump and others for picking up on it as well, but I didn't get it from him. 

Like I said, if you want to know what the Ds and ''progressives'' are doing, just watch for what they are accusing others of.

Quote from: starramus on June 15, 2018, 06:40:58 AM
The land was stolen from Mexico. Honest Americans readily admit that. Howard Zinn documents the lurid details in A People's History of the US. Have you ever read a book? amerikkkans are the illegal aliens.

What's funny about this idiot is it's doubtful he's ever read a book.  Why should he, he spends his time inside the fascist ''progressive'' bubble smugly repeating nonsense like ''the land was stolen from Mexico'', ''read a book'', and ''amerikkkans are the illegal immigrants''.

starramus

Come on Deplorables you can do better than that! Bump bump!