• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 03:38:13 PM
Classic car auctions are a sea of white hair.  Geezers looking for the car of their 17-yr old dreams.  Like me!
Those auctions are scary. You can really get caught up in it. A buddy bought, an I think, over priced classic truck at Mecum last year but he has the bucks and is happy with it (though got it taken down to frame and restored again to his personal specs) so more power to him. But the emotion of the bidding process etc is scary to watch- like any auction, I guess. Auctioneers know what they are doing.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 03:39:47 PM
Will be interesting to see the BLM, primarily funded by Soros and Taco Bell guy...
And the Repub superPACs, if they really want to beat Clinton Inc.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 03:43:18 PM
And the Repub superPACs, if they really want to beat Clinton Inc.
Yeah, I was thinking of this also but, so far, it seems to be controlled by 1%ers, who never exploited workers or whole countries/currencies, like Soros. But I could see value in the Republican establishment using the students, blacks, and other malcontents and funnelling some money to those groups to divide the Democratic Party. Not sure if they are that clever and would likely bungle it.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on November 13, 2015, 03:42:41 PM
Those auctions are scary. You can really get caught up in it. A buddy bought, an I think, over priced classic truck at Mecum last year but he has the bucks and is happy with it (though got it taken down to frame and restored again to his personal specs) so more power to him. But the emotion of the bidding process etc is scary to watch- like any auction, I guess. Auctioneers know what they are doing.

Yep, I was at an auction last week, a beautiful Grady White starting at 10 grand. Within minutes it was over 45 grand. More than I could afford, but I continued to watch (and cry). It finally sold for 63,000. More than it was worth, being almost 20 years old. A new version still sealed sells for a little more than 100,000.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 03:31:40 PM
Angelo Mazilo (Countrywide) was fined about $70M, but IIRC, B of A paid it with TARP funds.  Those are the guys I'm talking about; they rake in 20-30 million/yr; year in year out, probably to accounts in the Caymans while the lags running a dry cleaning shop or roofing business are their tax rate cannon fodder.

If you are a small business, they will seize your assets with a sealed order and you won't be able to afford a lawyer or make your house payments.

chefist

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 03:48:57 PM
Yep, I was at an auction last week, a beautiful Grady White starting at 10 grand. Within minutes it was over 45 grand. More than I could afford, but I continued to watch (and cry). It finally sold for 63,000. More than it was worth, being almost 20 years old. A new version still sealed sells for a little more than 100,000.

These car auctions are driven by the hyper wealthy...the values are really the value of their nostalgic dreams...not the metal and rubber...

I still love watching them!

onan

Quote from: chefist on November 13, 2015, 03:58:15 PM
These car auctions are driven by the hyper wealthy...the values are really the value of their nostalgic dreams...not the metal and rubber...

I have a fascination for classic automobiles. I love muscle cars. But they are a young man's territory.

albrecht

As I said about my friend's purchase. He can afford it and if it makes him happy. He is the kind of guy who buys a vintage, restored cherry Camaro and they sends it away for a year to be completely redone. But in years past he did it all himself and still does for fun on some stuff but if you ever want to get into shows, and win, you almost have to send it out to the professionals. A racket, in a way.

I just like that they keep the older cars and boats around. As opposed to programs like 'cash for clunkers' that took away a decent amount of restoreable cars. Not that we don't have good stuff now but some of those old designs etc are so awesome. And not 'all' the cars at the auction go for the $$$ bucks, when you go, there are lots of stuff that doesn't make tv and it is several days long (and you can look stuff up on internet beforehand often.) Still those can be over priced though and auctioneers know about human psychology!

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 13, 2015, 03:57:58 PM
If you are a small business, they will seize your assets with a sealed order and you won't be able to afford a lawyer or make your house payments.
Name one real estate firm or branch that was siezed for peddling inflated price houses to ignorant buyers by setting them up for reverse-interest mortgages they knew they could never keep up with.  And those pigs have the nerve to copyright the word "Realtor" as some kind of professional title of ethics. 

Quote from: pyewacket on November 12, 2015, 07:28:01 PM
Break out the antacids to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmji36q8E4o#t=135

I see this as benefiting Republican voters.
Most of the Democrats I know don't have many kids or don't show much interest in starting a family.
The Republicans I know are very involved with their family, start families earlier, and have more children. This policy would help Joe in Utah who is good enough at his job that he doesn't get federal student loan relief but also has to figure out how to put 6 children through college. 

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 04:10:20 PM
Name one real estate firm or branch that was siezed for peddling inflated price houses to ignorant buyers by setting them up for reverse-interest mortgages they knew they could never keep up with.  And those pigs have the nerve to copyright the word "Realtor" as some kind of professional title of ethics.

The few I know were seized for not paying the big.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 03:48:57 PM
I go to the big auctions in Scottsdale in January.  I'm astounded at the prices they get for what often amounts to sentimental junk; I'll always see a '65 Plymouth Belvidere 4dr as junk, hemi or not!  I only cry when I think of now classic cars I've owned and sold, and a few that I passed because I thought they were overpriced at the time. ...sniff.

bateman

Years ago, Nicholas Cage (probably in a hypomanic state) singlehandedly drove up classic Lamborghini prices by doing this:

http://deseretnews.com/article/548731/Cage-pays-a-hefty-450000-for-shahs-red-Lamborghini.html?pg=all

pyewacket

Now there's such a thing as "safebait".

Quote from: breitbart.com
Daniel Greenfield at FrontPage Mag writes that the marvelous term “crybully” was coined by Julie Burchill at The Spectator, who described them as “a hideous hybrid of victim and victor, weeper and walloper.”

Greenfield defines a crybully as “the abuser who pretends to be a victim. His arguments are his feelings. He comes armored in identity politics entitlement and is always yelling about social justice, or crying social justice tears.”

Greenfield offers some examples of crybully tactics from campus crusaders:

Crymobs will “safebait” by yelling and pushing and then whining that the people they’re shoving make them feel unsafe. One crybully safebaiting tactic is to yell loudly, forcing anyone talking back to them to raise their voice. That’s when other crybullies begin shouting, “Don’t yell at her.” Crybullies will push into you and cry that you’re making them feel unsafe. They will hit you and when you raise your hands in self-defense, they will scream that you’re putting your hands on them. (All these safebaiting tactics and more can be seen in the Missouri video.)

Crybullies don’t think this behavior is dishonest because their pain privilege entitles them to tone police you, but you can’t tone police them. Their sweet social justice tears give them the right to yell at you, shove you or hit you. Crying over social justice gives them a license to bully everyone else.

If crybullies can’t safebait you, they will manufacture threats by faking hate crimes against themselves or phoning in bomb threats to validate their need for a safe space in which no one is allowed to disagree with them. Surviving their own fake crimes turns crybullies into social justice heroes.

It’s impossible to have a rational conversation with a crybully because it doesn’t walk to talk to you; it wants to loudly broadcast its feelings. As one Yale crybully wrote, “I don’t want to debate. I want to talk about my pain.” My pain. Me. Stop arguing with me and start paying attention to me right now.

Complete article here:
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/12/crybully-assaults-free-speech-mizzou-yale-beyond/

onan

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 04:54:59 PM
I go to the big auctions in Scottsdale in January.  I'm astounded at the prices they get for what often amounts to sentimental junk; I'll always see a '65 Plymouth Belvidere 4dr as junk, hemi or not!  I only cry when I think of now classic cars I've owned and sold, and a few that I passed because I thought they were overpriced at the time. ...sniff.

I had a 68 camaro convertable. Tell me.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on November 13, 2015, 04:55:30 PM
Years ago, Nicholas Cage (probably in a hypomanic state) singlehandedly drove up classic Lamborghini prices by doing this:

http://deseretnews.com/article/548731/Cage-pays-a-hefty-450000-for-shahs-red-Lamborghini.html?pg=all
I knew a dude who worked with Nic sometimes. He foretold the bankruptcies and lawsuit. That dude was buying castles, islands, etc, using planes etc for 'company' use but really not and was a weird guy. Into comics and stuff painted his places in weird colors. Allegedly. Nic blames his financial manager now I hear ans sueing. Yah. Because it takes someone else to tell you: hey, maybe buying castles and islands isn't a good idea unless you have REAL money and almost never a good investment.

paladin1991

Quote from: onan on November 13, 2015, 03:25:05 PM
I just had this conversation with my wife. I was sitting in the parking lot of Office Max while my wife was shopping. As she got into the car, I chuckled at a fellow parking next to me. He was driving a new Dodge Challenger, he had to be 80 and was using a cane to help him walk. Somehow I don't think he will be in the next Dodge commercial.

Haha.  Yeah, that won't be me.  The Boy is drooling, hoping that I get the car and that I'll leave it to him when I kick off.

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 14, 2015, 01:53:50 AM
Haha.  Yeah, that won't be me.  The Boy is drooling, hoping that I get the car and that I'll leave it to him when I kick off.
You need to 'invest' in an old, reliable Dodge Powerwagon for the Compound and a 'city' car being a mid-to-early 80's Caprice for the wife, both fine selections for the Inland Empire and provide traction and stopping power.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on November 14, 2015, 07:47:16 AM
You need to 'invest' in an old, reliable Dodge Powerwagon for the Compound and a 'city' car being a mid-to-early 80's Caprice for the wife, both fine selections for the Inland Empire and provide traction and stopping power.
Shhhhhhh.  You reveal to much about yourself and me when you post advice like this. 

Gray man.

Gray man.

Just pass through the herd as if you were one of them.

pyewacket

Mizzou activists tweet comparing their struggles with "terrorism". Your concept of reality may vary and if it does- well- you know what you are.

Quote from: breitbart.com
Black Lives Matter and Mizzou protesters responded to the murder of scores of people in Paris at the hands of Islamic extremists by complaining about losing the spotlight and saying their “struggles” were being “erased.” Their struggles, remember, consist of a poop swastika of unknown provenance and unsubstantiated claims of racially-charged remarks somewhere near Missouri’s campus.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/14/mizzou-campus-activists-and-black-lives-matter-complain-about-paris-stealing-the-spotlight/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: pyewacket on November 14, 2015, 11:32:08 AM
Mizzou activists tweet comparing their struggles with "terrorism". Your concept of reality may vary and if it does- well- you know what you are.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/14/mizzou-campus-activists-and-black-lives-matter-complain-about-paris-stealing-the-spotlight/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Uh oh, ISIS may be tarred as "race-iss". Why them A-Rabs distracting from tha' struggle, yo?

chefist

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 14, 2015, 12:17:49 PM
      Uh oh, ISIS may be tarred as "race-iss". Why them A-Rabs distracting from tha' struggle, yo?

I actually got my lefty, professor best friend to agree that this reaction from these brats was "tone deaf"...that is all you will get from him though...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: chefist on November 14, 2015, 12:19:42 PM
I actually got my lefty, professor best friend to agree that this reaction from these brats was "tone deaf"...that is all you will get from him though...

After a Republican gets elected next November it will become "those motherfucking brats are killing us"

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on November 14, 2015, 12:19:42 PM

The younger a person is the more sympathetic they are to the NEW YOUTH MOVEMENT.  A phrase one of my 20 something coworkers used.  I wouldn't understand.

Eddie Coyle

Who is the black Hannah Graham exactly? You know, a college student, a victim of interracial rape and murder. Did white students at Virginia stop going to class after her murder?

Nope. Her name should be chanted at every one of these blackitivists. Oh, they'll defend her killer as well. "He railroaded by the white racist judicial system".

Hannah you're another stat in a worthless society. Like the pastor's wife in Indy. More sacrifices at the altar of this dystopia.

While the hoaxers at Missouri get their "leader of color". Good, that school will be a glorified  night school in decade.

pyewacket

Too bad there wasn't a "safe space" for this young woman and all the other innocent people. Amazing- the people of Paris are grieving together instead of demanding separate spaces.

Quote from: csulb.edu
LONG BEACH, Calif. (November 14, 2015) â€" California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) student Nohemi Gonzalez, 23, was killed during the attacks in and around Paris on November 13. Gonzalez, from El Monte, Calif., was a senior studying design. She was in Paris attending Strate College of Design during a semester abroad program. Specific details of her passing are not available at this time. The university will hold a vigil at 4 pm on Sunday to mourn Gonzalez’s passing and to grieve for all the victims of the atrocious attack. More information about the vigil will be shared as details are finalized.

http://web.csulb.edu/sites/newsatthebeach/2015/11/cal-state-long-beach-student-killed-in-paris-attacks/

VtaGeezer

Quote from: pyewacket on November 15, 2015, 12:12:29 PM
Too bad there wasn't a "safe space" for this young woman and all the other innocent people. Amazing- the people of Paris are grieving together instead of demanding separate spaces.
She was reportedly killed in the restaurant drive-by.  There's just no defense against that.

pyewacket

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 15, 2015, 01:59:31 PM
She was reportedly killed in the restaurant drive-by.  There's just no defense against that.

The "safe space" crack was directed at the activist/protesters. See the links in the thread outlining their feelings.

pyewacket

Meanwhile at Dartmouth...

Quote from: dailycaller.com
About a 150 Dartmouth protesters shouted as they marched through Baker-Berry Library at Dartmouth College. Students who didn’t join in on their protests were harassed, one woman was pinned to a wall by protesters who shouted, “filthy white bitch!” in her face. Students who were seated were told to, “Stand the fuck up!”  “You filthy racist white piece of shit!”

full article and video:
http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/15/dartmouth-protesters-assault-students-while-screaming-racial-threats/

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: pyewacket on November 15, 2015, 04:30:02 PM
Meanwhile at Dartmouth...

full article and video:
http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/15/dartmouth-protesters-assault-students-while-screaming-racial-threats/

The only proper response to be called a "filthy white piece of shit is"

"I'm shit, Jamal? Shit is brown and smells awful. Here's a mirror, Shaqvillia"