A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Quote from: Sardondi on June 03, 2012, 01:22:02 PM
... It is Ian's inability to remain silent and not interrupt a guest when professionalism, good sense and certainly good manners demanded he do so that makes me rate him third in the current lineup, just above Noory

Correct, except Ian actually rates just below Noory - although that could still change in their race to the bottom.

slipstream

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 28, 2012, 11:31:23 AMI'd be fine if they'd all leave politics out of C2C (and I'm a political junkie saying that).

I just want Coast to be about paranormal crap and my now favorite Knapp line, ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances.

Coast has always had politics as subject matter.

John Smith

Quote from: Sardondi on June 03, 2012, 01:22:02 PM
Heh. I'm the other way on this, finding Wells actually not only experienced and with the sense and judgment to shut up and the let the guest talk, but also with more than sufficient intellectual heft. To me Knapp is the consummate interviewer now that Art is gone, and he's the best. Wells is miles ahead of Noory without question.

As for Ian, while I'd give IP some IQ points, he simply cannot stifle his juvenile desire to show off, Ian always, always turned his interviews into battles with the guest for air time. I don't know how many times Ian has interrupted and spoken over his guests. Some wouldn't be bullied into silence and started struggling. They wouldn't immediately yield when Ian interrupted them mid-sentence. This would lead to the silliness of Ian and the guest both talking away, faster and louder. But Ian always eventually won, only to repackage and restate what the guest had just said.

It is Ian's inability to remain silent and not interrupt a guest when professionalism, good sense and certainly good manners demanded he do so that makes me rate him third in the current lineup, just above Noory

I concede that Ian does indeed have some of the annoying habits that you've pointed-out, but on-balance he keeps himself in-check most of the time and more importantly, he is prepared to interview that-nights guest. The same couldn't be said about Wells. Wells should be hosting a different kind of radio program.

stevesh

Quote from: John Smith on June 03, 2012, 07:20:17 PM
Wells should be hosting a different kind of radio program.

Yes, he should be spinning Classic Rock. He just doesn't have the intellectual horses to host a talk show.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: slipstream on June 03, 2012, 05:47:06 PM

Coast has always had politics as subject matter.

You are, of course, correct that C2C has always had its share of politics.  I simply meant that for *me,* I'd prefer to leave politics out of the C2C realm and concentrate on other areas.  I've got politics in one form or another going from the time I get up till the time I hit the sack.  I want to switch horses when night comes.  Just a personal preference. 

alejandro

Noted radio and television host John B. Wells guest hosts the Alex Jones Show today, Tuesday, June 5. Alex hosts the second hour of today's show from the road via video Skype as he works his way back to Texas from the 2012 Bilderberg confab in Virginia. Wells is heard on radio and television stations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, South Africa, Australia, and South America, and is one of the world's most recognized voice artists. He talks with Theresa Dale, Ph.D., about the effects of Fukushima radiation, and Craig B Hulet, an expert on government policy, international relations, and terrorism. Mr. Hulet will talk about the NDAA.

http://www.infowars.com/

NOW LIVE!

[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=9
File1=http://stream.infowars.com
Title1=www.infowars.com
Length1=-1
File2=http://stream1.infowars.com
Title2=www.infowars.com
Length2=-1
File3=http://stream2.infowars.com
Title3=www.infowars.com
Length3=-1
File4=http://stream.infowars.com
Title4=www.infowars.com
Length4=-1
File5=http://stream1.infowars.com
Title5=www.infowars.com
Length5=-1
File6=http://stream2.infowars.com
Title6=www.infowars.com
Length6=-1
File7=http://freespeech.ic.llnwd.net/stream/freespeech_thealexjonesshow32k
Title7=www.infowars.com
Length7=-1
File8=http://stream.infowars.com
Title8=www.infowars.com
Length8=-1
File9=http://freespeech.ic.llnwd.net/stream/freespeech_thealexjonesshow16k
Title9=www.infowars.com
Length9=-1
Version=2

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Lovely Bones on May 31, 2012, 08:20:29 AM
Eh. I don't know, Geezer.  This assumes TPTB at C2C have a plan.  Or a clue. 

Personally, I think their plan when Art left for good was, "Let's find someone who says he's interested in the paranormal."  And nothing beyond that.

If there's a plan for the post-Noory world re Wells, I don't think it's more than, "Let's find someone with a deep voice that kinda sounds like Art."
I believe PremRadio are relatively smart business people who realize that the whole C2C thing is threadbare; tired guests, same tired questions.  Nothing new in years. Increasingly upstaged on cable TV.  Its losing what was a stable audience because the alternative stuff is simply worn out.

I think Wells was brought on board because he's an empty vessel. He had almost no talk radio resume.  He's a script reader. A voice actor.  And its clear that he's neither comfortable or conversant in alternative reality topics.   PremRad is going to gradually increase Wells' fringe right political content; a pretty safe bet on AM radio; and will edge the dull and unclever Noory out with Wells. It'll be slow evolution.

Grimace

Quote from: alejandro on June 05, 2012, 10:40:58 AM
Noted radio and television host John B. Wells guest hosts the Alex Jones Show today,

Whoa, could this somehow mean my comment (in jest, of course) that Alex Jones might actually one day return the favor and come aboard the mothership be closer to the truth than I'd ever fathomed? Daaaaaamn. I'd have to break out some whiskey and fight not to piss myself from laughter when AJ and Uncle Hoagy get to a cozy fireside chat.

Damn, just put their names through google and it seems they have conversed on air before. Guess I better don my depends briefs ASAP.

You know I had no idea Wells interviewed Ray Bradbury in 2007.. Anyone know if this show is available anywhere ?

My dad has listened to Coast for longer than I have (started around 2003 and I didn't start until 2010) and, despite missing Art as much as I do, he really likes Noory.  I made a thread about this earlier on where I said he had bad taste.

However, he's starting to dislike Wells because he says he's "too arrogant".  For once, I sorta agree with him.  I haven't listened to Wells (or live C2C in general)in a while, but from what I see on this thread he's starting to improve, so that's good.

Sleepwalker

Tonight's trainwreck: Joining John B. Wells, scientist and mathematician John Casti will discuss catastrophic scenarios that could quickly send us crashing back to the pre-industrial age, including worldwide crashes of the economy/Internet, the end of oil, nuclear winter, "nanoplagues," electromagnetic pulses, and pandemic viruses.

Who does this crap appeal to?  Seriously, what person in their right mind wants to listen to three hours of doom and gloom?  Sure, it could happen.  Strokes could happen. Heart attacks.  Aortas could burst.  Fatal car accidents happen. A thousand things could cripple or kill any of us in thenext day or two.  But who the hell wants to obsess about this stuff?   

VtaGeezer

Quote from: alejandro on June 05, 2012, 10:40:58 AM
Noted radio and television host John B. Wells...
If he's "noted" its a well kept secret.  I find almost nothing significant about radio or interviewing in his online bios.  Once a DJ in Dallas.  Plugged in to guest host C2C on night when PremRad snared Bradbury as a guest and the powers knew better than to let Noory near him. Wells has no talk radio resume...or if he has one, he sure isn't bragging about it.  He's made his career as an anonymous voice-over artist.  I believe he was hired by PremRadio because he's a good radio voice for hire who'll follow program outlines and directions as defined by PremRad owners' ideologies. He's articulate and can obfuscate with the best of them so listeners think he's actually saying something.  In fact he seems to me to be rather the C2C Chauncey with Noory's Ted Knight.

ziznak

Quote from: Sleepwalker on June 16, 2012, 10:45:46 AM
Tonight's trainwreck: Joining John B. Wells, scientist and mathematician John Casti will discuss catastrophic scenarios that could quickly send us crashing back to the pre-industrial age, including worldwide crashes of the economy/Internet, the end of oil, nuclear winter, "nanoplagues," electromagnetic pulses, and pandemic viruses.

Who does this crap appeal to?  Seriously, what person in their right mind wants to listen to three hours of doom and gloom?  Sure, it could happen.  Strokes could happen. Heart attacks.  Aortas could burst.  Fatal car accidents happen. A thousand things could cripple or kill any of us in thenext day or two.  But who the hell wants to obsess about this stuff?   

Being a techie myself I'd like to know how this doomsayer thinks the internet will crash... besides some sort of global EMP or something the internet was designed to be so decentralized that it shouldn't crash. That's kinda interesting... and the "nanoplague" sounds funny... oh crap will you look at that he's gonna talk about EMP's too... ok so who wants to guess what theory this guy's gonna go with for how the internet will crash???

BobGrau

Quote from: ziznak on June 16, 2012, 12:45:16 PM
Being a techie myself I'd like to know how this doomsayer thinks the internet will crash... besides some sort of global EMP or something the internet was designed to be so decentralized that it shouldn't crash. That's kinda interesting... and the "nanoplague" sounds funny... oh crap will you look at that he's gonna talk about EMP's too... ok so who wants to guess what theory this guy's gonna go with for how the internet will crash???

The actual nuts and bolts of these subjects could be quite interesting, but you know it's going to be all about the Fear.

So.. Art Bell asking to stop somewhere in time.. Noory asking for a contract extension until 2018. What goes through the mind of John B Wells. ( I think perhaps he thought he'd be the main host by now)

11angeleyes11

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 21, 2012, 09:26:44 PM
So.. Art Bell asking to stop somewhere in time.. Noory asking for a contract extension until 2018. What goes through the mind of John B Wells. ( I think perhaps he thought he'd be the main host by now)

Could it be? " Art on new show on Cumulus back with Ross Mitchell,  Noory's Somewhere In Time show and my first multi-year contract through 2018. "  All thoughts were made on the beach just below his new Hawaiin studio. 

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on June 22, 2012, 03:32:07 PM
Could it be? " Art on new show on Cumulus back with Ross Mitchell,  Noory's Somewhere In Time show and my first multi-year contract through 2018. "  All thoughts were made on the beach just below his new Hawaiin studio.

You know you may be on to something

b_dubb

something asshat this way broadcasts

Quote from: b_dubb on June 23, 2012, 10:24:24 PM
something asshat this way broadcasts

That's fuckin funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VtaGeezer

Another full-mooner tonight. This Seaman guy really resonates with Wells' paranoia; he's really on a tear tonight.  Just linked AG Holder with the OK City bombing.  I wonder if Wells gives his like-minded guests a complimentary gas mask to be ready for the Overthrow?

rangers1919

I agree VTA. Haven't listened in a few weeks and thought I would tune in last night and then again tonight. What a disaster this show is. Wells has been ok at times in the past, but his show should be about 45 minutes long. He is one of the unfortunate people that will believe any conspiracy theory, no matter how outlandish it might be, as long as the outline of the conspiracy theory makes the government seem bad.

The show is essentially stupid hosts pushing stupid theories at stupid people. There is no way to listen to the show anymore and believe a single word said has any possibility of being true. The good thing about Art despite his flaws was that he was able to actually interview somebody, and not every conspiracy theory had to be accepted as true.

Holder wasn't involved in Oklahoma City's bombing, and the BLS isn't creating false inflation data John, your economic philosophy is just wrong when it comes to inflation--deal with it.

He's still better than Noory.

Eddie Coyle

Holder was part of the chain of command that lead to the incineration at Waco, but can't imagine the loopy leftists here caring about that.

Incidentally, roughly half of the dead were as Holder says.."his people". But that hardly gets mentioned. The gullible dolts that make up most of America think it was  merely 80 "David Koreshes" that were roasted alive. Funny how the left doesn't give a fuck about those "women,children and minorites"...seemingly, a first.

hosehead

Ha!  JBW just got called out by the CIA author for not reading the book that is the topic of discussion.

rangers1919

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 24, 2012, 12:46:37 AM

Holder was part of the chain of command that lead to the incineration at Waco, but can't imagine the loopy leftists here caring about that.

Incidentally, roughly half of the dead were as Holder says.."his people". But that hardly gets mentioned. The gullible dolts that make up most of America think it was  merely 80 "David Koreshes" that were roasted alive. Funny how the left doesn't give a fuck about those "women,children and minorites"...seemingly, a first.

No, leftists don't care about the women or children there near as much as Koresh did, especially the children he was sexually abusing and impregnating as young as 12 and 13 by his own admission. Of course it's easy to write these people off since the claims have all come from ex-members of the group, as if getting sexually abused and then leaving the group is a stain on a person's credibility. Of course on the right holing up in a compound and preparing to shoot it out over a search warrant with a household of women and children makes the other side the bad guys, especially since the children deserved to be sexually abused since they didn't leave and therefore must have liked it.

This guest did break some big news tonight, the shooting outside the CIA was due to political correctness.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: rangers1919 on June 24, 2012, 01:00:58 AM
No, leftists don't care about the women or children there near as much as Koresh did, especially the children he was sexually abusing and impregnating as young as 12 and 13 by his own admission. Of course it's easy to write these people off since the claims have all come from ex-members of the group, as if getting sexually abused and then leaving the group is a stain on a person's credibility. Of course on the right holing up in a compound and preparing to shoot it out over a search warrant with a household of women and children makes the other side the bad guys, especially since the children deserved to be sexually abused since they didn't leave and therefore must have liked it.

That's the 1990's update to "we had to destroy the village to save it", we burned them so they wouldn't be abused anymore. I don't believe Reno's account or rationalization for one second, it was straight of the "Michelle Remembers"/McMartin scandal hysteria playbook. More like an botched ATF raid conducted by a group of inept assholes who feared their office was going to be closed. Koresh could have been picked up on one of his regular visits into town, every thing about that raid was ill conceived and for the wrong reasons. 90 people eventually dying for absolutely nothing. Koresh was a kook, but he wasn't Jim Jones.

Oversoul

Quote from: rangers1919 on June 24, 2012, 12:01:51 AM
I agree VTA. Haven't listened in a few weeks and thought I would tune in last night and then again tonight. What a disaster this show is. Wells has been ok at times in the past, but ... He is one of the unfortunate people that will believe any conspiracy theory, no matter how outlandish it might be, as long as the outline of the conspiracy theory makes the government seem bad.

The show is essentially stupid hosts pushing stupid theories at stupid people. There is no way to listen to the show anymore and believe a single word said has any possibility of being true. The good thing about Art despite his flaws was that he was able to actually interview somebody, and not every conspiracy theory had to be accepted as true....

He's still better than Noory.

Wells is NOT any better than Noory!   An asshole who calls an ass like Noory his "Captain" cannot be better than the ass he kisses.

Tonight's show with Wells is a disaster of a BORE taking longer than the Titanic to sink.  And why has the show been recycling its guests and topics over the past months?  Does it have a dearth of new guests and fresh topics?   :(

Speaking of stupidity ("The show is essentially stupid hosts pushing stupid theories at stupid people."), what could be more stupid than an ass-licking caller last night who tells Noory to run for President of the USA?  Is that not a case of the law of attraction (which I do not necessarily subscribe to) at work: A turd show host attracts a turd phone caller who wants the turd show host to become U.S. President.   :o   One turd deserves another!   ;D

I am convinced the the Coast To Coast AM show is terminally ill. 

Juan

I worked for Cheap Channel and know they pay a great deal of attention to the minutia of ratings.  I'll bet they have data showing the weekend shows have a different audience than the weekday shows, thus they can recycle guests.  And guest recycling is easier than finding new guests.

Juan

As for Waco, remember that there was no Attorney General when it began.  Clinton went through several nominees before Reno was sworn in.  So, she was always in the clean-up mode there.

The child molestation cases of the 80s are a good comparison - Reno, while state attorney (what Florida calls district attorneys) created the Miami Method of going after child sexual abuse. She went after Grant Snowden, who spent 12-years in jail before being released by a federal court.  She also went after Bobby Funje, who was 14-years old.  Funje was held in juvenile detention for the maximum two years, and when he refused to take a plea deal, he went to trial.  The jury aquitted him.

Lest you think this is right-wing Reno hatred, here's a link to PBS Frontline stories on the Miami Method
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/terror/

John Smith

Quote from: hosehead on June 24, 2012, 12:49:56 AM
Ha!  JBW just got called out by the CIA author for not reading the book that is the topic of discussion.

Shocked....NOT! I skip C2C whenever JBW is the host, he's just embarrassing to listen-to.