• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

Juan Cena

Quote from: DanTSX on March 21, 2015, 08:07:18 AM
DS is just Canadian Jorch.

Do they make poutine-flavored pizza rolls?

I'm from British Columbia.  I didn't even know what poutine was until I went to Ottawa and Montreal when I was 24.  Everything was poutine.  McDonalds had it.  Wendy's had it.  Everywhere had poutine prominently displayed in their windows and on their menus.  It was like a different culture.  Anyway, it seems to have made it here to the west coast now.

qaddisin

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 25, 2015, 12:40:07 AM
Do they make poutine-flavored pizza rolls?

Garlic fingers from King of Donair.

cweb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 25, 2015, 12:59:57 AM
I'm from British Columbia.  I didn't even know what poutine was until I went to Ottawa and Montreal when I was 24.  Everything was poutine.  McDonalds had it.  Wendy's had it.  Everywhere had poutine prominently displayed in their windows and on their menus.  It was like a different culture.  Anyway, it seems to have made it here to the west coast now.
Indeed. On a recent trip to Old Montreal, there was poutine everywhere. My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to walk into a place that had some excellent fresh stuff with smoked meat. Amazing. Can't remember the name of it, though.

We're starting to get a few poutine joints here in Western New York now too. Funny it took so long, considering you can get it right over the border.

Quote from: Gassy Man on March 15, 2015, 12:16:23 AM
Kasem had a deeper and more sonorous voice.  Syrett sounds more twerpy, like a jolly accountant who somehow got hold of a microphone.  It's tough to listen to him.  There's this discordance between some of the heavier and creepier subjects he's discussing and the weird sunny deliver he has when talking about them.  It's amazing how the people producing Coast to Coast seem completely clueless as to the atmosphere a show like this should be creating.
=================================================
'Allo!
Still with you.
i think about the atmosphere that the c2c producers should envoke...
Back in the '60's an annunciator for the powerful am talker with ira blue,whom was never named,did an horror old drama show on sats after midnight,calling himself 'Claude the Magnificent'similarly to an saner svenghoulie,but not so clever.
He used voice effects,cheezy clips of organ music from old records/films,an sephultural tone of voice to introduce the am re-plays of orson welles in english exile that were non-copyright in 'murrkka.
Shows:
1)The Scarlet Pimpernel.
2)The further adventures of harry lime.
3)Tales of Scotland Yard's 'black Museum'.
4)uncertain possibly us.'Zero Hour'.(science friction/horror.)
Any-one remember listening in bed with an am antenna portable like dx-ing,or sitting with your date in your car on an high ridge pull-out during the 'submarine races'(q.v.)??
The show could be heard at sea in the entire west-nw.area.
"B_B"
PS:You got any tapes of this show,"Dreadful Mysteries"??
PPS:C2C was preceded by kgo's long series of over-night talkers in the sixties.
PPPS:'the fun times i had in kkali...'

136 or 142

It will be interesting to hear if Syrett challenges Hoaxland tonight.  Hoaxland is clearly a highly intelligent person. It's a shame he had to turn his otherwise fine mind to idiocy either because:
1.He's just too imaginative for his own good
2.He followed where the money was going.

I'd like to think it's the first reason, but the cynic clearly believes it's the second reason, especially as he has to be too intelligent to believe what he says.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: 136 or 142 on March 27, 2015, 09:10:33 PM
It will be interesting to hear if Syrett challenges Hoaxland tonight.  Hoaxland is clearly a highly intelligent person. It's a shame he had to turn his otherwise fine mind to idiocy either because:
1.He's just too imaginative for his own good
2.He followed where the money was going.

I'd like to think it's the first reason, but the cynic clearly believes it's the second reason, especially as he has to be too intelligent to believe what he says.

There were probably orders from up top to not make the shows once beloved science adviser look bad.

Juan Cena

Syrett referred to himself and RCH as "Just a couple of Richards."

Highly Freudian comment there.

cweb

Wow. Hoagland really uses a lot of words just to take credit for someone else's work.

cweb

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 27, 2015, 11:22:08 PM

Ha, now Hoagland just said "[it's going to lead] to the D-word."

Kinky.

Nick el Ass

Poor Richard C. Hoagland sounds like hell, and is becoming more delusional now than ever when cutting off the host to throw out the Cronkite bullshit again.

Quote from: cweb on March 27, 2015, 11:22:21 PM
Wow. Hoagland really uses a lot of words just to take credit for someone else's work.

It occurs to me Dick has been responsible for the entire American space program and advancements in space sciences since Apollo.

Nick el Ass

Sounded like he called him Richard "Seig" Hoagland.

cweb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 27, 2015, 11:31:18 PM
It occurs to me Dick has been responsible for the entire American space program and advancements in space sciences since Apollo.
He's much more epic than Vin Diesel or Chuck Norris combined.

Syrett kind of sounds like he wants a beer. Or poutine.

PChirp

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 27, 2015, 11:22:08 PM

Appreciated there, Juan ----+1   ;D

Thanks Nick for bringing me over!  Pasting my post from GNS...

Hoagland: "I used to be somebody!" "Let me finish. I used to be a Cronkite's advisor." "You aren't impressed by any of that?"

What a old jerk.

I guess Hoagland's love affair with Obama is over.

This one goes out to Dick.

Hank Williams Sr... I Saw The Light - 1948

Don't care too much for country but Wiliams was sublime and brilliant.

Off rant.

Nick el Ass

Hoagland brings up 9/11, and is quoting another moron named Judy Wood. This man has lost his fucking mind.

Richard Hoagland is patting himself on the back for saying 'We are the Martians' ten years ago.

When I was a kid in the 1970s or early 80s, I wanted to write a novel about how our ancestors started on Mars, had a nuclear war, moved to Venus and destroyed it with global warming, and finally moved to Earth.  I wrote the first page or two which involved the last Martian survivor using his last breath to reach the face on Mars, gasping "The Face... The Face!" and then decided I was too young to write a book.

I'm going to sue Richard C. Hoagland for copyright infringement.

This guy says "dustify" as if he was connecting his fact to someone else's fact to cross-validate. Judy Wood didn't even convince Noory, and this "scientist" thinks the scientific method is based on kooks and their made up words?

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 28, 2015, 12:01:19 AM
Richard Hoagland is patting himself on the back for saying 'We are the Martians' ten years ago.

When I was a kid in the 1970s or early 80s, I wanted to write a novel about how our ancestors started on Mars, had a nuclear war, moved to Venus and destroyed it with global warming, and finally moved to Earth.  I wrote the first page or two which involved the last Martian survivor using his last breath to reach the face on Mars, gasping "The Face... The Face!" and then decided I was too young to write a book.

I'm going to sue Richard C. Hoagland for copyright infringement.
Oh yeah? Well I'm going to sue him for discovering castles on the moon, when I clearly invented castles on the moon.  Wait - now I AM a castle on the moon!  What a view!!

Nick el Ass

I have heard very little talk of nukes on Mars.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 28, 2015, 12:13:24 AM
I have heard very little talk of nukes on Mars.
...which is very odd, since Hoagland was clear several times regarding "what we will be talking about tonight." (To which Syrett obediently showed his belly)..

What a pair of richards.

cweb

It sounds like Hoagland thinks he's gonna be on for the whole night tonight. Even though he said "it's a lot to fit into two hours."

They should just get the Hoagland-hosted Coast show out of the way already. Hoagland can interview Mike Bara on why Mike doesn't want to hang out any more, bro?

Hahaha!!! That's rich!!! "My friend Charlie redesigned LAX so it actually works!"  Okay, idiot. Maybe you should try our airport before you brag on it. It's a cluster fuck. And it has not been redesigned.

Nick el Ass

It is clear Dick #1 is in charge of this show, and Dick #2 is afraid to interrupt him on one of his stupid rants. I'm about to turn off C2C Am forever, and never turn it on again... and I hate t say that because Knapp is a great host.

cweb

Hoagland sounds like five streams of consciousness simultaneously shitting on each other.

MTB

So a guy who was in Moby Grape has an over unity device? Sounds legit.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: cweb on March 28, 2015, 12:23:18 AM
Hoagland sounds like five streams of consciousness simultaneously shitting on each other.

This is why you never cross streams, guys and gals. You might end up like Richard C. Hoagland.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 28, 2015, 12:28:43 AM
This is why you never cross streams, guys and gals. You might end up like Richard C. Hoagland.

Yeah, especially if you're at the urinals in a club.  I'll never try that again.