A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Morgus

You might be interested in the big John B. Wells thread in the c2c host section here. ;)

Zircon

Quote from: Morgus on May 13, 2012, 12:08:24 AM
You might be interested in the big John B. Wells thread in the c2c host section here. ;)

What page?

Thanks for the tip as there are about a billion threads and I'm relatively new to this forum. Oh, by the way, you look like I remember my former boss.

Quayle is certifiable. We need more deranged harangues from this dork. I can handle Stan Deyo but this show was a bad idea. Whooaahh. what am I listening for?

Shockwave

Something about the way Quayle talks bugs me... don't know what it is.

Quote from: Rico999 on May 12, 2012, 08:28:57 PM
I'd like to know what Quayle's pre-show prep involves.   A six-pack of Red Bull?  A few big hits off the crank pipe?  And a quadruple shot from his local coffee kiosk? 
He's saying much of the same old shit he did ten years ago, but again, his lifestyle has taken it's toll.

He just came up with something that I can't remember hearing before.  Namely that 'there are multiple Obamas, just like there were multiple Bushes."  It's cloning.

Also that there is going to be a "super plague" that will turn people into cannibals.  I was unclear as to whether cannibalism is a bio-engineered plague symptom or if it was just because society would be so disrupted because of the wide spread plague deaths that people would start eating each other due to a shortness of food.

The first possibility is far more interesting, but the second is better for prompting one's  emergency food business.

ziznak

I think I've had enough... I'm throwing Fine Art back on

Oversoul

Quote from: Shockwave on May 13, 2012, 01:34:35 AM
Something about the way Quayle talks bugs me... don't know what it is.

Could it be that he sounds like he's making a "hard sell" of his ideas?  Also, could he be trying to sound very convincing to himself, about himself?  (The bottom line is he's dishing out sheer crap, and he knows it stinks.  Show us the money, Quayle, show us the moneeeey!)

Sleepwalker

I was trying to sleep last night (as usual) but I do believe I heard Quayle ranting about "forum trolls"  not knowing what they're talking about?  That must be the "research" he was talking about - checking out forums to see what normal people are saying about him. He's a delusional jackass.  He should do the world a favor and get a job doing something more in line with his abilities - like washing dishes or parking cars.

As for Wells, I could see him as a funeral director putting a guilt trip on grieving families to buy the most expensive services.

Oversoul

Quote from: Sleepwalker on May 13, 2012, 05:10:25 AM
I was trying to sleep last night (as usual) but I do believe I heard Quayle ranting about "forum trolls"  not knowing what they're talking about?  That must be the "research" he was talking about - checking out forums to see what normal people are saying about him. He's a delusional jackass.  He should do the world a favor and get a job doing something more in line with his abilities - like washing dishes or parking cars.

As for Wells, I could see him as a funeral director putting a guilt trip on grieving families to buy the most expensive services.

Washing dishes or parking cars is way too, too honorable for the likes of Quayle.  Grave digging might be more appropriate for Quayle; then he can get into a partnership with Wells' funeral director career.   ;D

Quayle is a typical sociopath. Here are the maxims of Quayle.

Everything he says is gospel, and is absolute truth. Anyone who challenges his assertions with reason is a 'naysayer,' and couldn't possibly know anything because they don't have Quayle's 'sources.'
    All of his information comes from super-secret sources no one else can talk to, and the information is absolute truth all the time.
    He can't make mistakes. He will always double back and find some way to say he was right, even when 100% wrong.
    He's obnoxious and can't stand when someone dare interrupt his disconnected delusional diatribe.
    Doomsday is always impending. Usually with Quayle, it's some re-hash of Cold War doomsday mixed in with some Biblical Prophecy, and maybe a little 2012.
    Everything is extremely important and extremely urgent, and is always very serious. I don't know if Mr. Quayle knows how to laugh, or how to step back and gain some perspective.
    There must be a book reference (his own book of course, only his own book) every minute or so.

Sleepwalker

According to last night's tiresome trio, Wells, Deyo and Quayle - Clinton, Bush and Obama have all been party to destroying the USA with their false flag operations and training the Russians to take over the country.  Am I safe in assuming Mitt Romney is already being briefed on his role in bringing down the United States should he win the presidency in November?

Noory and Wells are always moaning about the "mainstream" media and how they don't report the "truth."  Can you imagine a reporter at a Presidential press conference asking the following question to President Obama or President Romney next year?

"Mr. President, it's common knowledge that at least four administrations have been working to bring down the United States through a series of false flag operations that involve blowing up buildings, murdering thousands of American citizens and training the Russians to take over our country.  Can you share with us any false flag operations you may have planned for the near future or the exact timetable when you will vacate the Oval Office and surrender the country to the Russians?  And can you tell us your plans after the surrender?  Will you be traveling the cosmos with the Annunaki?

Eddie Coyle

Deyo-I see as a nutty professor, a relatively benign kook. I wonder if he even believes the shit is selling.

Quayle- a true maniac with messianic overtones. Paranoid, demented and incapable of any normal social interaction. Every time I hear him I think of an American version of Pol Pot, but with a mad "Onward Christian Soldiers" bent.

HorrorRetro

I lasted 30 minutes before I turned it off and gave in to the dulcet tones of my two pugs' snores.  Wells grates on my nerves.  When he lapses into his faux British accent here and there, I want to knock his teeth down his cake hole.  He comes across as an inexperienced buffoon.

As for Quayle and Deyo, it was too much like visiting hours in the delusional wing of an asylum.  Throw in Hoaxland and you would have the delusional trifecta.

Gina

VtaGeezer

Another appearance of these two just underscores the creative bankruptcy of the C2C franchise under Premiere, and their inability and refusal to come up with anything new since Bell cashed out.  All these old Art Bell fixtures have worn out their welcomes; they're shticks are threadbare; changing only the intensity level of their paranoia-based business models.

In almost six months, Wells brought forward only an embarrassing (and in some cases shameful) parade of lunatic conspiracy pushers. Noory's personal additions to the C2C pantheon? The Numbers Lady and Lionel Fanthorpe!

It's the "Lucy Show" syndrome...the market is so vast that enough new listeners keep showing up for whom this tired old crap is new.  And it doesn't show any sign that its going to get any better.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 13, 2012, 11:11:43 AM
Another appearance of these two just underscores the creative bankruptcy of the C2C franchise under Premiere, and their inability and refusal to come up with anything new since Bell cashed out.  All these old Art Bell fixtures have worn out their welcomes; they're shticks are threadbare; changing only the intensity level of their paranoia-based business models.

In almost six months, Wells brought forward only an embarrassing (and in some cases shameful) parade of lunatic conspiracy pushers. Noory's personal additions to the C2C pantheon? The Numbers Lady and Lionel Fanthorpe!

It's the "Lucy Show" syndrome...the market is so vast that enough new listeners keep showing up for whom this tired old crap is new.  And it doesn't show any sign that its going to get any better.

Excellent point, Geezer.  And--trying ever so hard not to beat the proverbial dead horse--this is but one reason among many that Ian and to a somewhat lesser extent Knapp deserve praise.  Neither drinks the doom and gloom scenario kool-aid, and, at the same time, both work to bring an interesting and diverse array of topics to the airwaves. 

I heard an old Knapp show the other night where Knapp said he saw C2C topics largely as "ordinary people finding themselves in extraordinary circumstances."  That was a preface to an interview with the guy who unknowingly saved Howard Hughes life when he was dying in the desert and to whom Hughes then left a significant amount of (challenged) money in his will many years later.  Fascinating three hours. 

I'd listen to stuff like that any night of the week over the constant replay of doom and gloom, angels, numbers lady, crystal skulls yet again crapola. 

astroguy

I'm waiting for them to invite me on to debunk 2012.  I keep watching my phone, but it never rings. :(

bluth co.

I actually like Fanthorpe >.>
Even though he pretty much just rambles and never gets to a point of any kind.

Rico999

Quote from: Mentally Impaired Panda GN on May 13, 2012, 06:14:59 AM
Quayle is a typical sociopath. Here are the maxims of Quayle.

Everything he says is gospel, and is absolute truth. Anyone who challenges his assertions with reason is a 'naysayer,' and couldn't possibly know anything because they don't have Quayle's 'sources.'
    All of his information comes from super-secret sources no one else can talk to, and the information is absolute truth all the time.
    He can't make mistakes. He will always double back and find some way to say he was right, even when 100% wrong.
    He's obnoxious and can't stand when someone dare interrupt his disconnected delusional diatribe.
    Doomsday is always impending. Usually with Quayle, it's some re-hash of Cold War doomsday mixed in with some Biblical Prophecy, and maybe a little 2012.
    Everything is extremely important and extremely urgent, and is always very serious. I don't know if Mr. Quayle knows how to laugh, or how to step back and gain some perspective.
    There must be a book reference (his own book of course, only his own book) every minute or so.

That's pretty much the way it is with Quayle.  He's really out there.  From his jabbering demeanor -- which is getting worse every time out -- I'm certain that he abuses speed drugs or stimulants to a high degree.  There aren't many good photos of him, but the one's I've seen show a guy with eyes set deep within his skull surrounded by big black circles.    He's clearly wrapped very, very tight.

I remember 10 years ago or more during his initial appearances on Coast, his big deal was the Chinese army with a few divisions plus tanks in Sonora and Chihuahua -- all set to go into the US Southwest.   His female counterpart -- maybe even crazier than him -- one Kathleen Keating -- said pretty much the same thing.  Haven't heard from her lately -- she's probably talking to the walls somewhere.

Quayle's latest stuff is a riff off the same extreme paranoid fear trip.  Add the giants (especially the allegedly 20-foot tall "nephilium" with all those rows of teeth) and all that other craziness and you have someone who's out where the buses don't run.

Bell wouldn't have hardly anything to do with him -- or Alex Jones.   Noory adopted him though,  along with Jones, this Mitch Battros idiot and a few others previously mentioned, borrowed some others from Bell to cobble together his "go to" guest list.

Shows you how screwed up Noory is, too, doesn't it?  Actually, what it tells me about Noory is what he REALLY thinks of his audience:  That they're a bunch of morons who'll swallow any kind of shit they get fed.  And he's not far off on that one, either...

margoloo

It would seem Wells has no shame.  I must be terribly naive, as I keep wondering how C2C could allow him and his minions, Quayle (Jesus tells me things) and Deyo ( gotta new face and BTW I'm super smart) to be on the air, spewing such utter nonsense.  I keep thinking about all those dim bulbs out there who are lapping up every word and living in fear.  It's sad.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Rico999 on May 13, 2012, 12:40:00 PM
Bell wouldn't have hardly anything to do with him -- or Alex Jones.   Noory adopted him though,  along with Jones, this Mitch Battros idiot and a few others previously mentioned, borrowed some others from Bell to cobble together his "go to" guest list.
I'm pretty sure that Quayle began as a Bell regular before Noory came on the scene, but AB kept him herded in on cryptozoo and giants stuff.  Noory couldn't control him and he went off into fundie Revelationsland.  He walked all over Noory; worse than Hoagland.  IIRC, even Noory finally had him banned for a year or two for going off on a caller.  You're right about Jones; I remember hearing Bell say as much; he had little patience when Jones went Truther.

astroguy

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 13, 2012, 07:42:07 PMIIRC, even Noory finally had him banned for a year or two for going off on a caller.

Any chance you know which night this was?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: astroguy on May 13, 2012, 07:48:49 PM
Any chance you know which night this was?
Not the specific night.  About 4 years ago.  I seem to remember Quayle went off on a caller and Noory cut him off, but it might have been a Punnett night.  It wasn't announced as a "ban", but was a long time before he showed again as a guest.  Before that, he was one of the more frequent guests.

astroguy

Hmm.  Looking at the C2C site at his past shows, he was on a @#$! lot.  The most recent "large" gaps I see are 6 months between June 22, 2010 and January 6, 2011, and then November 16, 2009 and April 7, 2010.  Other than in 2010, when he was on only twice, he's been on what seems to be once very 1-2 months since he first started(?) in 2002.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: astroguy on May 13, 2012, 09:24:24 PM
Hmm.  Looking at the C2C site at his past shows, he was on a @#$! lot.  The most recent "large" gaps I see are 6 months between June 22, 2010 and January 6, 2011, and then November 16, 2009 and April 7, 2010.  Other than in 2010, when he was on only twice, he's been on what seems to be once very 1-2 months since he first started(?) in 2002.
Ian absolutely handed Quayle his head on Saturday April 19, 2008. AWESOME show, as Ian challenged Quayle's madness. Lil' Stevie doesn't handle criticism all that well...shocking as that may be.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: expat on May 12, 2012, 06:37:07 PM
I'll turn it on, but I'm taking my shotgun to bed. First time Steve Quayle says "The point is, is...."   the radio gets both barrels @ point blank.
Thank you!!!   That's been bugging me for years!!

astroguy

Quote from: Ben Shockley on May 14, 2012, 02:40:07 AM
Thank you!!!   That's been bugging me for years!!

How about his "[something bad] Good night!!!"  I jut listened to his 2008 interview with Ian (see below) and ... wow.  That really pissed me off.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 13, 2012, 09:30:12 PM
Ian absolutely handed Quayle his head on Saturday April 19, 2008. AWESOME show, as Ian challenged Quayle's madness. Lil' Stevie doesn't handle criticism all that well...shocking as that may be.

That.was.amazing!  I just listened to the last two hours while doing some monotonous stuff tonight and ... NICELY DONE, Ian.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on May 13, 2012, 02:02:11 AM
...Also that there is going to be a "super plague" that will turn people into cannibals
What a pity that Quayle couldn't / wouldn't drop that tidbit in an interview with Ian "Zombie Cannibal" Punnett.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: HorrorRetro on May 13, 2012, 11:03:09 AM
Wells grates on my nerves.  When he lapses into his faux British accent  here and there, I want to knock his teeth down his cake hole.  He comes across as an inexperienced buffoon.
I agree.

I know it's anathema to disparage Saint Art in here, but here goes:
Art had a weird "British tic" too.   If he ever read anything about Birmingham, ALABAMA -- he always very affectedly pronounced it "BIR-ming-um" making damn sure to NOT pronounce the "ham," so as to sound English in doing it.   No doubt he thought he was hip to something us poor non-um-radio-operating Americans don't know, and thought he was subtly showing us up with his "knowledge."  Except-- Art, the city in AL is pronounced "BIR-ming-HAM," whether you like it or not.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: bluth co. on May 13, 2012, 12:29:51 PM
I actually like Fanthorpe >.>
Even though he pretty much just rambles and never gets to a point of any kind.
Me too.
But how can he, with Noory demanding that he talk about "Spring-Heeled Jack" for the 700th time (for the new listeners, of course) while Noory feigns first-time amazement yet again ...?
(Actually, I have a theory that Noory ain't faking his amazement:  He honestly doesn't remember ever hearing any of the tired old stuff before -- possibly because he never listens, possibly because of mental deficiency.)

preston

Quote from: Ben Shockley on May 14, 2012, 03:13:17 AM
Me too.
But how can he, with Noory demanding that he talk about "Spring-Heeled Jack" for the 700th time (for the new listeners, of course) while Noory feigns first-time amazement yet again ...?
(Actually, I have a theory that Noory ain't faking his amazement:  He honestly doesn't remember ever hearing any of the tired old stuff before -- possibly because he never listens, possibly because of mental deficiency.)
Well let me tell ya,there is more that enough time to chop up and line up a couple of lines of coke for him and tommie while that story is being told. ;)