A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Julius on August 25, 2012, 12:51:57 AM
Alex Jones once claimed on the air that a particular nuclear power plant in a small Pennsylvania town had just gone into a full meltdown. Here's the funny part, at the time I lived in that town, the power plant he was talking about was less than a few blocks from my apartment, and I could have just peeked out of my window and see that the plant was fine. So, if Alex Jones was right about this power plant, I probably wouldn't be here typing this response out right now. Would I?
That's Jones. Take an actual event( for instance Three Mile Island 3/28/79) and cover it in layers of bullshit. He'll use a historical incident as a basis for his current paranoia. A real life horror, like Ruby Ridge in August '92, becomes a foundation for his "it's happening all the time, folks" bit of shit shoveling.

Morgus

As expected, Wells always keeps a Friday first hour or two guest on longer to avoid open lines.
He is keeping Alex Jones on now for the third hour with some callers for him. Probably will keep Jones on for the last hour too I bet.

Julius

Is it me, or does Mr. Jones sound a little bit drunk now? Seriously, I think he's been hitting the bottle for the last few segments...

stevesh

I don't know about drunk, by Jones does sound more strident tonight than he has before, if that's possible.

Juan

How does he have time to drink?  He talks constantly.

Some wind instrument players (Tommy Dorsey, Rahsaan Roland Kirk) develop a circular breathing technique where they blow out with their cheeks while breathing in through the nose.  Maybe Alex has developed a similar drinking technique.

ziznak

30 minutes in and all I'm hearing is a mish mosh of paranoid drivel... I haven't even started playing video games yet and it's already being ignored.  Don't think I can make it through the whole show... Fine Art stream is going on.

I have erected a pole ... (ahem)  poll.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 25, 2012, 10:02:59 AM

I only voted for 80% of the options...just because I don't want to disparage Frankenstein's monster.

Zircon

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 24, 2012, 11:23:56 PM
        Wells is like a white Don Cornelius, a deep voiced lethargic delivery. Trying to use that still waters run deep approach...though he's as deep as a puddle of anti-freeze.

Jones is definitely a bullshitter of the first division, waving "documents"(any piece of paper waved fast and furiously is a "document") , to prove his theories right.
And I'll bet you think that Occupy/Communist thread was all staged by conservative actors trying to spread disinformation?

Zircon

Quote from: ziznak on August 25, 2012, 09:51:25 AM
30 minutes in and all I'm hearing is a mish mosh of paranoid drivel... I haven't even started playing video games yet and it's already being ignored.  Don't think I can make it through the whole show... Fine Art stream is going on.
Ziz, you had already made up your mind before the program began. Hardly objective. Great program BTW. Any comments on Occupy/Communist thread?

Zircon

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 25, 2012, 10:02:59 AM

So who did if for you ... Alex or John?

Zircon

Hey all you chatter boxes - start answering up! Money rules the world and the world is run by bankers, corporate deities and our own federal reserve.

Alex is a Paul Revere in my view. He is saying things that make people uncomfortable. Too fucking bad. So go back to your video games and old Art Bell sigh-moments. Join the minions of those who want to belong to the majority and pounce. Pretend to be "above" what you view as tripe and the rantings of the few.

If you actually think huge piles of media/government contrived shit isn't hitting the fan and you actually think that slop hitting your face is sweet rich Swiss fudge chocolate (as you are told) then you are a complete drones.

ziznak

Quote from: Zircon on August 25, 2012, 11:09:28 AM
Ziz, you had already made up your mind before the program began. Hardly objective. Great program BTW. Any comments on Occupy/Communist thread?
I pressed forward regardless... Alex makes some good points I won't totally shoot him down.  People have no heart anymore as a whole this is true.  I found it funny he actually singled out Asians as heartless bystanders going about their business as people die in the streets... good stuff.  His Globalist "Prison-Planet" theories are entertaining.  As much as humanity proves itself to be sheep-like and submissive I just really find it hard to believe that some sort of borg-like planet-wide government will ever take hold.  An empire on planet Earth can only get so big before collapsing upon or devouring itself.  It pains me that he's such good friends with Dave Mustane.  I did however like the interview with Alex and Dave a few months back.

edit: lol he just said skynet!!!  I love his tech-fear BS.  The more backdoors that "they" put into the tech the more that private citizens are going to take advantage of such technologies.  It's not going to just be "them" who will be able to shutoff all of your appliances it's gonna be the 15 year old hacker next door that you yelled at the other day for being on yer lawn.  The kill-switchs and techno-crap is going to burn itself out with all of the security flaws its going to create.

b_dubb

i believe Zirc is in the running for the Most Consecutive Posts By Same User award.  yay

Quote from: Zircon on August 25, 2012, 11:12:23 AM
So who did if for you ... Alex or John?

Hahaha. You're a hoot, Zircon.  Where have you been? Did you fix the glitch?

Back to your question.

Neither.  I would have to say it's a chronic problem resulting from even the most  oblique registering of my majestic countenance in various reflective surfaces that permeate these headquarters.

But! if forced to theoretically pick from your preferred and limited choices of stimuli so listed, I can only imagine I would choose Alex.

Because there's no denying the contraindicated allure of any whiny ..  little ...  BITCH who is beneath me.

But you know it's impossible to answer a non-starter, Zircon.  One must always be prepared to fight with the shrink when one answers "neither," because that third option was not provided, and in their meager brain pans, they believe they have effectively painted you into a two-choice corner.

For example, a psychiatrist asking, "Who would you rather shoot?  Your son or your daughter? Neither! (or perhaps more commonly phrased "who would you save if you could save only one of your children? Both!" but the same mechanics are involved, they're just being passive aggressive cunts in the application of their therapy.)

Logically, I have little choice but to cap the psychiatrist to teach him/her an unforgettable and invaluable lesson in both the reality of conceal and carry permits and the inherent risk of communicating with someone as narcissitic as myself in such a reckless and ill-informed manner.

Life ... is a journey of mistakes - made by others.

McPhallus

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 25, 2012, 12:33:47 PM
Hahaha. You're a hoot, Zircon.  Where have you been? Did you fix the glitch?

Back to your question.

Neither.  I would have to say it's a chronic problem resulting from even the most  oblique registering of my majestic countenance in various reflective surfaces that permeate these headquarters.

But! if forced to theoretically pick from your preferred and limited choices of stimuli so listed, I can only imagine I would choose Alex.

Because there's no denying the contraindicated allure of any whiny ..  little ...  BITCH who is beneath me.

But you know it's impossible to answer a non-starter, Zircon.  One must always be prepared to fight with the shrink when one answers "neither," because that third option was not provided, and in their meager brain pans, they believe they have effectively painted you into a two-choice corner.

For example, a psychiatrist asking, "Who would you rather shoot?  Your son or your daughter? Neither! (or perhaps more commonly phrased "who would you save if you could save only one of your children? Both!" but the same mechanics are involved, they're just being passive aggressive cunts in the application of their therapy.)

Logically, I have little choice but to cap the psychiatrist to teach him/her an unforgettable and invaluable lesson in both the reality of conceal and carry permits and the inherent risk of communicating with someone as narcissitic as myself in such a reckless and ill-informed manner.

Life ... is a journey of mistakes - made by others.

Double-binds are a real bitch.  Reminds me of a chiropractor who had a little display at a party I went to last week.  He had brochures entitled, "Cruise Ship or Nursing Home."

ziznak

Anybody listening to JB's banking spanking special? (his words)

Zircon

Most definitely. Great program - this guest is very revealing.

ziznak

I have a rather seething hatred for banks and their belief that they are entitled to charge people to access their own money... citizens bank charged me 7 bux to cash a friggin check there without an account the other day! like wtf the check is for your friggin bank aren't you raping the people that gave me the check enough?? assholes.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: ziznak on August 26, 2012, 01:12:55 AM
I have a rather seething hatred for banks and their belief that they are entitled  to charge people to access their own money... citizens bank charged me 7 bux to cash a friggin check there without an account the other day! like wtf the check is for your friggin bank aren't you raping the people that gave me the check enough?? assholes.
What are you, Ziz, unAmerican??  Our pro-capitalist shills in here will tell you that the bank can do whatever they want; the "ability to cash the check" is their property, and under the capitalist system of "property über alles," they can do what they want with it.   As for you, the customer: why, you're totally free to change banks, to any of the multitudes of banks who are continually reducing or eliminating fees.  Right?  Or, since you have total mobility and knowledge of the market --you know, like a corporate-capitalist business-- you are totally free to move to some city across the country or to another country where you can enjoy 1% less costs.  Can't you?

No, but seriously ~~  what, JUST a $7 fee??  Didn't they fingerprint you for that added bit of humiliation for your having the temerity to make them do what they are there for?

stevesh

Quote from: Ben Shockley on August 26, 2012, 01:50:33 AM
What are you, Ziz, unAmerican??  Our pro-capitalist shills in here will tell you that the bank can do whatever they want; the "ability to cash the check" is their property, and under the capitalist system of "property über alles," they can do what they want with it.   As for you, the customer: why, you're totally free to change banks, to any of the multitudes of banks who are continually reducing or eliminating fees.  Right?  Or, since you have total mobility and knowledge of the market --you know, like a corporate-capitalist business-- you are totally free to move to some city across the country or to another country where you can enjoy 1% less costs.  Can't you?

Pro-capitalist shill here. Ziznak said that he didn't have an account at the bank in question, so he wasn't a customer. Despite the currently trendy characterization of banks as EEEEEEVUL, I don't know of any business that will go out of its way to assist someone who isn't a customer or client and who walks in off the street and demands a service. Mine won't.

Ziz - get yourself a checking account and you won't need to run around cashing checks.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: stevesh on August 26, 2012, 05:42:42 AM
Pro-capitalist shill here.
As much as it pains me to say it, you sure are.   I can see that you're trying hard to be.

Ziznak said that he didn't have an account at the bank in question, so he wasn't a customer.
Yeah, but as I read it, the check was drawn on the bank, meaning it was FROM a customer who theoretically should have some good will from a business.  As Ziz asked, how many goddamn sides do they need their profit from??

Ziz - get yourself a checking account and you won't need to run around cashing checks.
Good patronizing try, but re-read his post.   I think the check was drawn on that bank from one of their account-holders which is why he took it there.

If you accept that I'm right on that, then you have to admit that the bank is just a vampire.   And I'll bet that "Citizen's Bank" that Ziz named still won't mail Stevesh a check nor waive any fee for him, should he ever visit them, despite his best efforts for them this morning.   Gosh--- as hard as you work for them, they still won't let you in the front door.   Takes ya back to slavery days, don't it..?

I noticed that two days of John B Wells takes lots of energy out of me.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: HorrorReporter on August 26, 2012, 06:19:27 AM
I noticed that two days of John B Wells takes lots of energy out of me.
Takes some energy from me too, covering the socioeconomic topics in here  ::) ~~
Whatever energy gained or lost in a Wells weekend is more energy than Noory has put into, or generated from, the show since 2003.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: ziznak on August 25, 2012, 11:58:48 PM
Anybody listening to JB's banking spanking special? (his words)
I heard part of it.  I need to download it and listen to the rest.  When JBW played 'Piggies' by the Beatles, I laughed, especially the line 'what they need's a damn good whacking!'

ziznak

lol "running around cashing checks" is mostly a thing of the past isn't it?  I have a checking account with a credit union that I like.  The check was from a customer of that bank so they HAD already made their money.  This is a friggin double dip... Banks were supposed to make shit easier for people and all they seem to do is complicate things.  I don't normally accept checks especially for a simple reinstall here and there but from time to time I let it slide.  Theres a few checks folded up in my moneyclip/wallet right now I haven't cashed yet.  Needed a few extra bux for lunch and got hustled by the bank whores thats.

Gassy Man

Quote from: ziznak on August 25, 2012, 11:51:30 AM
I found it funny he actually singled out Asians as heartless bystanders going about their business as people die in the streets... good stuff. 
Idiotic comments like that are what make people like Jones look like the P.T. Barnum's of Talk they are.  The British and Swiss control much more of the world's finance and industry than any other group of people on the planet, which is why European cities like London are financial capitols, yet Jones will find a way to cast blame on the "other," the same way that during the Reagan Era, it was the Japanese who were touted as the United States' biggest economic competitor when in reality England, the Netherlands, and Germany had more ownership of businesses that competed directly with this country's.  It's no different than singling out the Chinese right now for ownership of America's debt when in fact U.S. citizens own the majority (a little more than 60%) while Europeans collectively own the majority of the foreign debt.  China does own the majority of the foreign debt, but when looked at in the bigger picture, more than 70% of U.S. debt is not owned by China.                       

VtaGeezer

I was disappointed to see Wm Black, a serious and experienced banking expert, on the program with Wells' typical full-mooners.  I suspect he didn't know whom he followed or proceeded...or knew much about our Saturday-night doom meister.  I tuned in halfway thru the 2nd hour, but could only take about 3 minutes of the utter nonsense being spouted by Wells and his first guest.   Can anyone report on Black's interaction Wells?  I suspect he wouldn't suffer Wells' flat-earther bullshit very well.

ItsOver

I didn't make it through to the end of Friday's doom-fest with Jumping Jones.  Wells didn't conclude with the song of the end times "UFO Phil," did he?  If not, I think I found something about him I like.