A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zircon on August 22, 2012, 11:27:01 AM
Am really glad that MV has this forum up and running once again. Hopefully the technical changes you've made will remedy our recent problems.

thx.  i think it will. 

ziznak

Wells is great for that weekly dose of doom and gloom topped off with generous gobs of paranoia pudding... He can be entertaining when I haven't drowned him out with video game noise.  Knapp and Punnett are great for actually stimulating thought.  They actually make the most of their interesting line of guests.  Wish we had them on more.  Ah and then there's Georgie-boy who is great for his uncanny ability to illicit what I like to call the "wtf cringe" response.  You all know what I mean... Take the best guest and subject in the world and George will ask all of the questions that every 1st grader would want to hear.

I will second that thankyou to the M to the V for his vigilant administration of CG.

stevesh

Quote from: Zircon on August 22, 2012, 11:27:01 AM
OK, possibly a bit over-the-top with the praise. The only eye-rolling chuckle I have with him is his "mother ship" and the suggestion he is in hiding to make these reports. But it is part of the schtick and nobody should get PO'd when he uses it. At least his guests aren't a bunch of frauds who think where a chicken liver lands and what cheap glass crystals roll this way or that are going to "reveal" anything to us.

If he sounds too "suave" then live with it. Noory is increasingly sounding like an excited child and asks stupid questions with obvious answers. If the guest could answer some of these completely nebulous questions, many science projects would already be shut down as the answers would have been found so the continued research unnecessary. I don't think Noory he prepares very well. I think Wells makes a better effort.

Anyway, that is what I have to say.

Am really glad that MV has this forum up and running once again. Hopefully the technical changes you've made will remedy our recent problems.

OK, I'm going to listen to Johnny Danger for a month of Saturdays to see if I can figure out what you guys see in him. Maybe he's actually getting better.

ShayP

I'm with Zircon.  I dig JBW.  Then again, I did like Noory when I first discovered C2C 5 years ago.

+1 for Mr. Wells. Outside of Knapp, he is the best C2C has to offer. I really do like listening to him. He is a breath of fresh air and does a good job on the "Art Bell" type of topics.

Zircon

MV, Ziz, Steve, FSOT, I notice how many people complain about Wells' single thread type of guests yet George Knapp, who is centered/focused on UFOs, seems to get a pass. I like him as well but know what to expect when he is hosting. What this suggests to me is that most of the C2C listeners must be democrats.

Shay, we can probably agree that after a length of time, a host's style/topic concentration will get old. Hopefully Noory will get back to form and Wells will continue to hold our interest.

CoastCanuck

I like John B. Wells and enjoy listening to C2C Saturday nights more now that he is the host.   He's had some interesting guests on, and he's been improving with the hosting duties.  I like his voice in the middle of the night.  He plays the best bumper music.  that's my opinon.

Juan

I sometimes like Wells and sometimes don't.  Maybe he is getting better.

I agree about the bumper music, but no one has the concept of bumper music setting the theme for the show the way Art did.

Rasputin

He's better than Norry, but thats not saying much. I would like him more if he laid off the tinfoil stuff.

elbee

please delete this thread, then shoot yourself

WORSE THAN NOORY

More intelligent than noory, should know better, unstoppable ego - fake voice.

AWFUL HOST

Zircon

Canuck, like yourself, I find his radio voice to be really good. Late night, with the lights off and head phones on. He would be great if he hosted ghost stories.

UFO, again we agree on his bumper music. It seems natural that over time, unless he varies his topics to three or four, he might grow tiresome. But being on just Saturday, his program seems more "laid back" even if the subject matter is something that is very concerning.

Rasputin, I don't see him as a "tinfoil" type of host. The guests have little problem backing up what they say.

EgoFart ... You'll need to talk to MV. I'd rather not kill myself. I may have to let Obama do that for me. Looking at your avatar I can see why you might take exception to a few of us thinking Wells is actually a damn good host. Also, I don't recall commenting on comparing Noory v. Wells intelligence. No, an "excellent" host.

John B. Wells - An Excellent Host

you must be pullin me leg there chappy

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: thefamilyghost on August 22, 2012, 10:31:44 PM
John B. Wells - An Excellent Host

Maybe for a parasitic roundworm...(there's no emoticon for knocking on wood)

A typical evening on C2C with Johnny B:

Guest: Yarg yarg obama is ruining our nation, they're brainwashing us, doom is upon us, yadda yadda

JBW: Oh, definitely.

Zircon

Quote from: thefamilyghost on August 22, 2012, 10:45:29 PM
A typical evening on C2C with Johnny B:

Guest: Yarg yarg obama is ruining our nation, they're brainwashing us, doom is upon us, yadda yadda

JBW: Oh, definitely.

So, you disagree with the premise you stated about Obama - ruining - brainwashing? The three are synonyms.

Rasputin

Quote from: Zircon on August 22, 2012, 09:33:06 PMRasputin, I don't see him as a "tinfoil" type of host. The guests have little problem backing up what they say.

Really?? Lets briefly touch on some of the subjects he constantly covers:

911 was inside job. Horseshit, and anyone who believes this has some really deep issues.

Chemtrails. Really?? I mean really???

The Oklahoma bombing was a conspiracy. Another turd in the punchbowl.

He has had Douglas Deitrich on for a full interview, and NEVER challenged some of this guys fantasies like the Japanese dropped a Nuke on the Russians, or our Navy was hemmed up in our harbors by Japanese submarines.

He's always refrencing Alex Jones and his tinfoil laced conspiracy bullshit. I could go on and on. I believe there has been only one or two shows that were actually decent that did not cover bullshit topics.

Zircon

So Rasputin ...

(1) You're saying Wells believes 9/11 WAS an INSIDE job? Can you give me the date of that program please? He isn't the only one who feels that our government knew beforehand of the threats from the air and the Bin Laden connection. Al Qaeda was a known entity. Clinton backed off hitting him with missiles back in 2000.
(2) Chemtrails - What do the meteorologists say they are?
(3) I do believe the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing WAS a CONSPIRACY. Federal law enforcement wasn't present in their offices in the building at the time of the explosion.
(4) Did Wells agree with Deitrich that the Japanese dropped a bomb on Russia? When some make outrageous comments even when Noory is hosting - rather than call them out - he lets it slide. The listener can make up their own mind over the obvious.
(5) A lot of what Alex Jones says is "out there" we agree but some of what he reports on has an audit trail to it. Do you think international bankers, corporatists and social engineers exist? Do you think all they do is golf and cheat on their wives?

Even Martin Luther was regarded as a Heretic. Bruno was burnt at the stake for mentioning that the sun was at the center of the solar system. Rasputin was a very hard man to kill and he had the Czarina's ear do recall.

You don't believe in conspiracy? Andrew Jackson (survived the attempt), Lincoln, McKinley, Garfield (almost), John Kennedy ... tried to usurp the New York bankers or shut down the Federal Reserve. What happened to them?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zircon on August 23, 2012, 06:11:54 AM
(3) I do believe the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing WAS a CONSPIRACY. Federal law enforcement wasn't present in their offices in the building at the time of the explosion.

i've never heard that, but if true, it's very interesting.  i'm going to look into it.

Rasputin

Quote from: Zircon on August 23, 2012, 06:11:54 AM
So Rasputin ...

(1) You're saying Wells believes 9/11 WAS an INSIDE job? Can you give me the date of that program please? He isn't the only one who feels that our government knew beforehand of the threats from the air and the Bin Laden connection. Al Qaeda was a known entity. Clinton backed off hitting him with missiles back in 2000.
(2) Chemtrails - What do the meteorologists say they are?
(4) Did Wells agree with Deitrich that the Japanese dropped a bomb on Russia? When some make outrageous comments even when Noory is hosting - rather than call them out - he lets it slide. The listener can make up their own mind over the obvious.
(5) A lot of what Alex Jones says is "out there" we agree but some of what he reports on has an audit trail to it. Do you think international bankers, corporatists and social engineers exist? Do you think all they do is golf and cheat on their wives?

Even Martin Luther was regarded as a Heretic. Bruno was burnt at the stake for mentioning that the sun was at the center of the solar system. Rasputin was a very hard man to kill and he had the Czarina's ear do recall.

You don't believe in conspiracy? Andrew Jackson (survived the attempt), Lincoln, McKinley, Garfield (almost), John Kennedy ... tried to usurp the New York bankers or shut down the Federal Reserve. What happened to them?

You stated the guests on Wells have little trouble backing up what they say. Here is a little gem for you:
http://douglasdietrich.com/

I'll save you the pain of reading through that shit...he's an idiot, and likely crazy.

Show me ONE accredited scientist that have proof of chemtrails, and don't forget to include the peer reviews.

Alex Jones is not just out there...he's full of shit.

Honestly...you should seek some counseling.

Juan

Conspiracy means a criminal plot by more than one person, so Oklahoma City was a conspiracy.

Beyond that, Jayna Davis' reporting on the possible involvement of former Iraqi Army personnel is fascinating.  Second, the fact that the conspirators couldn't get their bombs to work until Terry Nichols made a trip to the area of the Philippines controlled by Muslim revolutionaries also interests me.

kf5iwe

Quote from: MV on August 23, 2012, 09:22:05 AM

i've never heard that, but if true, it's very interesting.  i'm going to look into it.
The entire ATF office was empty. They had been staged all night in the parking lot to raid and arrest the bombers. They were up the street eating breakfast at a fast food joint and came running up to the scene in there raid gear. A page was sent out about 730 am telling everyone from atf to stay away from the building. Mcviegh was LATE getting to the building. Supposed to get there at 2 am not 9am.

Sleepwalker

For your listening pleasure tonight, John B. Wells with Alex Jones.  Does radio get any more noxious than that? 

Quote from: Sleepwalker on August 24, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
For your listening pleasure tonight, John B. Wells with Alex Jones.  Does radio get any more noxious than that?

Not much.  But I offer a George Noory Round Table with The Numbers Lady, James Van Fraud, Majorette Dames, and your choice of Whitley, Richard C, Starfire Tor, or Evelyn Paglini, a re-telling of Spring-Heeled Jack capped with some sound effects and a new song from George...

Sleepwalker

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 24, 2012, 07:20:02 PM

Not much.  But I offer a George Noory Round Table with The Numbers Lady, James Van Fraud, Majorette Dames, and your choice of Whitley, Richard C, Starfire Tor, or Evelyn Paglini, a re-telling of Spring-Heeled Jack capped with some sound effects and a new song from George...

That combination would be sufficient to induce vomiting.  Speaking of George . . . looks like he's been eating a bit too much of that freeze-dried food he's been pitching night after night.

Julius

Which voice ranks higher on the BS Meter, Jones, or Wells?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Julius on August 24, 2012, 09:52:58 PM
Which voice ranks higher on the BS Meter, Jones, or Wells?

Jones...with that Texas con man voice he should be on Home Shopping Network selling trinkets to idiots.

Julius

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 24, 2012, 09:57:10 PM
      Jones...with that Texas con man voice he should be on Home Shopping Network selling trinkets to idiots.

Kind of figured as much. Wells falls more into the clueless and gullible category. Jones on the other hand isn't above resorting to telling flat out lies...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Julius on August 24, 2012, 10:16:14 PM
Kind of figured as much. Wells falls more into the clueless and gullible category. Jones on the other hand isn't above resorting to telling flat out lies...
Wells is like a white Don Cornelius, a deep voiced lethargic delivery. Trying to use that still waters run deep approach...though he's as deep as a puddle of anti-freeze.

Jones is definitely a bullshitter of the first division, waving "documents"(any piece of paper waved fast and furiously is a "document") , to prove his theories right.

Morgus

Alex Jones referred to Noory as the ship's captain who was beamed down for shore leave tonight, leaving Wells at the helm tonight.

Julius

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 24, 2012, 11:23:56 PM
            Jones is definitely a bullshitter of the first division, waving "documents"(any piece of paper waved fast and furiously is a "document") , to prove his theories right.

Alex Jones once claimed on the air that a particular nuclear power plant in a small Pennsylvania town had just gone into a full meltdown. Here's the funny part, at the time I lived in that town, the power plant he was talking about was less than a few blocks from my apartment, and I could have just peeked out of my window and see that the plant was fine. So, if Alex Jones was right about this power plant, I probably wouldn't be here typing this response out right now. Would I?