• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Yippee, I can finally listen to the show tonight.

Quote from: workingindreamland on October 23, 2008, 08:14:40 PM
Of course if Art comes back on XM, C2C is going to go adios anyways.

Is there some indication that this might happen?

EvB

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on November 20, 2008, 08:14:44 AM
Is there some indication that this might happen?

Rumors.  My guess - based on 4th hand warmed over info (IOW - also rumor) is that Art is truly retired.  He wants to spend time with his wife, raise his daughter, and indulge his passions (which do include radio) on his own terms and timetable.

After all, while he's hardly ancient, he's a bit long in the tooth to be the parent of a toddler.  If he wants to get the most out of his relationship with his wife and daughter, now is the time - before he is too old to keep up with them!

My thinking is that it could definitely happen. Everyone knows Art loves his profession. Usually professionals that are passionate about what they do have a real hard time of hanging it up. Art is a smart businessman and with his contract expiring, he knows that his value in the open market is probably exponential over any type of agreement that he may have had with Premier. Tie this in with some of the comments Art has made over the last several months in relation to getting his website up again and stating that he will have major (sic) news in the not to distant future, I would say that good news could possibly be on the way.

EvB

Take a look at the c2c page tonight.  there is a short list of music vids George Knapp wanted to share with the c2c audience. I say two of them were worth the wach, two were lame - but that's me.

This one is my favorite:

MV/Liberace!

normally i don't watch many youtube videos of this nature when people suggest them because i'm likely to be let down.  it's sort of the same as when someone emails you a link and says, "click this!  it is the funniest god damn thing you have ever seen!"  chances are, it isn't and you've just wasted your time.

however, this video didn't fall into the above category.  it was very good.

it's kinda funny to watch how since the inception of the youtube phenomenon, regular people have become so adept at quality video production and execution.  i think in the next 20 years, maybe sooner, the idea of us getting our films from the movie establishment we have today is going to change dramatically.  i think we will primarily be watching movies made by regular people using their own inexpensive equipment and we will come to view movies made by studios as your grandfather's buick.

MV/Liberace!

funny thing is, these future movie makers who work against "the system maaaaaan" will probably all try to form movie studios after each of their respective pictures become successful.  haha

EvB

EDITED TO SAY:  I take it all back.  Knapp is doing a primo job of making this guy look like the slapped ass he is.

I really like George Knapp's style - I like his intelligence. 

HOWEVER - he's been getting really heavy into the DOOM & GLOOM crap lately.

I just took a look to see if I wanted to play last Sunday's show.

Here is what I found:

George Knapp welcomed researcher Brent Miller, of The Horizon Project, who warned of mounting evidence that Earth is due for a polar shift which will end civilization as we know it. "It could happen tomorrow, Blah Blah Blah!

I'm really getting sick of this.  It's bad enough that Snoory revels in bad news - the uglier the spin, the happier Snoory is. Ooooooohhh! He gets off on SCARY . . .

I thought Knapp was better than that.

Don't we all have enough real stress to worry about? 

There have been pole shifts before.  The planet, and the human race, is still here. 

Here is the way I understand it:

Scientists know there have been pole shifts because they have found pottery shards where the glaze (which is at least partly metallic), while in liquid form during firing, has atoms that align to whatever are magnetic north/south at that time. Some of these pottery shards (I'm sorry - i don't recall the era or even if there is more than one) clearly show alignments that are close to the opposite of what you woud get today - and - it seems to have happened in a fairly short time (who knows what a "short time" is to prehistoric archaeology types?  But, if I recall correctly, it would be within the span of a human lifetime.)

The conjecture I read was that indeed, there would be more seismic activity than is usual, and climate changes, and a (I think temporary) thinning of the atmosphere which would make it even more important that we all, particularly the fairer skinned among us, would have to me more cautious abut ultra violet rays.

What I read DID NOT say was that it would be a cataclysmic ?end of the world as we know it.?

I?m a sap ? I turned it on anyway.  It Knapp?s favor ? I will say he did a good disclaimer at the start ? he?s not selling his house and looking for a safe place to hide his ass.   He also came right out and said that scary can be entertaining.  Okay - true.  But this isn't the first show of this type he's done of late.

And, and and . . .. .

The biggest cataclysm I?m prepared to worry about right now is the economy in general, and my economic situation (particularly with the work time lost over this hardware disaster.)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . .

=======

EvB

Gotta throw this in -- a song form my childhood - written, I think, in the mid-50's

It's called The Merry Minuet

THEY'RE RIOTING IN AFRICA (THE MERRY MINUET)

(Sheldon Harnick)

They're rioting in Africa
They're starving in Spain
There's hurricanes in Florida
And Texas needs rain. 
The whole world is festering
With unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans,
The Germans hate the Poles

Italians hate Yugoslavs
South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don't like anybody very much

But we can be tranquil
And thankful and proud
That man's been endowed
With a mushroom shaped cloud

And we know for certain
That some lucky day
Someone will set the spark off
And we will all be blown away

They're rioting in Africa
There's strife in Iran
What nature doesn't do to us
Will be done by our fellow man.

==
Things haven't changed much.

But -If that wasn't enough for you - why not give it a listen?

"If you don't like UFO stories, SHUT THE FUCK UP."

Frys Girl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on January 30, 2009, 12:27:50 PM
"If you don't like UFO stories, SHUT THE FUCK UP."
He's right. But C2C is broadcasted with wing nut shows like Rush Limbaugh, and those listeners crave talk about economy/politics more than ufo's. I'm guessing they just don't change channels and get frustrated.

Too bad! It ain't healthy! There's enough of that on 24 hour cable news.

MV/Liberace!

god bless rush limbaugh.

Gojira2006

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 30, 2009, 03:15:13 PM
He's right. But C2C is broadcasted with wing nut shows like Rush Limbaugh, and those listeners crave talk about economy/politics more than ufo's. . .

:o The right-wingers must seethe, then, when Alex Jones & Joyce Riley are on C2C - two libertarians who despise Limbaugh & Bill O'Reilly & the such . . .   ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gojira2006 on February 23, 2009, 12:34:02 PM

:o The right-wingers must seethe, then, when Alex Jones & Joyce Riley are on C2C - two libertarians who despise Limbaugh & Bill O'Reilly & the such . . .   ;D
actually, i consider alex jones to be far far far right wing.

Gojira2006

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 26, 2009, 12:52:35 AM
actually, i consider alex jones to be far far far right wing.

:) Yes - I think Jones has called himself a Paleo-Conservative on his show - whatever that may be . . .   ???  But can you imagine him hosting C2C . . . ?  ;D

Jones is too "One-Trick" to really be a host.

Boomer

Quote from: danDNA on January 30, 2009, 06:07:56 AM
and knocks george noory the fuck out.

http://www.gotaw.co.uk/georgeknapp_speech.mp3

I remember that one and he's so damn right, thats what this show is all about.

exC2Cfan

The two best C2C shows of the month are when George Knapp guest hosts, and about half of the time he isn't on because of technical problems. Why is it always Knapp? It can't be a coincidence because we know there are no coincidences, so it must be a conspiracy! I hope those bozos push the right button tomorrow night.

EvB

My guess is that it has to do with problems at his Las Vegas studio. 

Luckily - it hasn't happened for a while - or has it and I missed it?

Fingers Crossed . . .

exC2Cfan

It happened again last month.

slipstream

Actually George Knapp is incorrect.  Art Bell started Coast to Coast as a current events open line talk show.  Only in 1995 did Art start to focus more on the paranormal.  I remember this shift vividly.

EvB

Quote from: slipstream on March 15, 2009, 12:57:33 PM
Actually George Knapp is incorrect.  Art Bell started Coast to Coast as a current events open line talk show.  Only in 1995 did Art start to focus more on the paranormal.  I remember this shift vividly.

I wasn't a c2c listener back then slipstream  - but that's how I understand the history of c2c too.  Art did a wide variety of things.  I have an mp3 of a 5 hour interview he did with Willie Nelson a number of years ago.  They mentioned UFOs and reincarnation - but it was mostly Willie.

danDNA

oh right so thats what coast to coast is known for is it, current affairs? i think most people understand it to be a radio show devoted to discussion of paranormal topics, the bulk of this being UFO oriented, despite its original inception, thats why they tune in.
if you think AB wanted it to be remembered as an open lines current affairs radio show go ahead, i dont though, so i agree with GK. if you want current affairs tune in to everything else were bombarded with.

Quote from: danDNA on March 17, 2009, 10:59:27 AM
oh right so thats what coast to coast is known for is it, current affairs? i think most people understand it to be a radio show devoted to discussion of paranormal topics, the bulk of this being UFO oriented, despite its original inception, thats why they tune in.
if you think AB wanted it to be remembered as an open lines current affairs radio show go ahead, i dont though, so i agree with GK. if you want current affairs tune in to everything else were bombarded with.

Wots got yer knickahs inna bunch guv? Relax, read a VIZ, and have a cold bottle of "wife-beater". C2C is definitely known as the para-everything center, but I think slipstream was just trying to point out that technicality that the show wasn't always the same format it is now.  But the show did blow up when it turned funky, so yah, C2C is known as a "paranormal show.  If you really think about it, it is an alternative current affairs show.

danDNA

RArgh, rARgh, RARgh, rarGh, RarGH, rArGH. veins are popping etc. blood pressure at levels even christian wilde cant measure. i need danian brinkley to see me into the next world cus im soo mad at comments. is anyone there? am i just talking to a forum? are the comments automatically generated here? oh wow, heavy, its started, even the washing machine hates me, techno-fear, the rise of the machines. my apologies i thought the machine was dissing GK....

Quote from: danDNA on March 20, 2009, 03:47:53 AM
RArgh, rARgh, RARgh, rarGh, RarGH, rArGH. veins are popping etc. blood pressure at levels even christian wilde cant measure. i need danian brinkley to see me into the next world cus im soo mad at comments. is anyone there? am i just talking to a forum? are the comments automatically generated here? oh wow, heavy, its started, even the washing machine hates me, techno-fear, the rise of the machines. my apologies i thought the machine was dissing GK....

Word, dude. I'm feeling your pain. "Don't go towards the light!  It's a McDonalds!"

Loui Zoot

Art could broadcast out of the Philippines and more importantly Pahrump (73.9 miles by road from Vegas). Yet they can't scrape enough technology together in Las Vegas to get Knapp on the air for a few hours? Was Noory that one who set up the equipment?