• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Immigration and Naturalization Documents and Process

Started by Gunner65, October 24, 2019, 04:29:00 PM

Gunner65

I am wondering if there any fellow Bellgabers who are familiar with the Immigration and Naturalization process into the United States.  I have obtained two documents associated with the mother of Douglas Dietrich and I would like a second opinion on my interpretations of them.

I have found no such documents related to Douglas Dietrich or his sister. Dietrich claims he is a naturalized citizen from Taiwan. Are the children of an immigrant applying for naturalization required to have similar documentation?

Are there privacy laws associated with the public disclosure of these documents of people who are still alive?

Jojo

Do you know if he was born after they were naturalized?  That could be a deciding factor in what the children are required to have.

Juan

I’m not sure, but I thought there was automatic naturalization of minor children when the parents were naturalized. I don’t know what documentation would be required.

Gunner65

Quote from: Jojo on November 10, 2019, 02:23:39 AM
Do you know if he was born after they were naturalized?  That could be a deciding factor in what the children are required to have.
Dietrich was born in October 1966 before coming to the US in 1968.  His mother then applied for Naturalization status in March 1974 and recieved  a card in April 1974.

Dietrichs father, sworn witness in the document stated he knew the applicant as early as March, 1971 which may be a marriage date.

I assume Dietrichs parents submitted applications for the children, but those records are not available because both are still alive.

Gunner65

Quote from: Juan on November 10, 2019, 09:16:04 AM
I’m not sure, but I thought there was automatic naturalization of minor children when the parents were naturalized. I don’t know what documentation would be required.
I think that might be the case, or something similar with children under age 18.  But I think the children would have also received documents of their own for proof of Naturalization, place and date of birth etc. to fulfill any ID requirements or proof of citizenship.