• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 02:23:07 AM
Just electrons. Gravity .... no gravitons apparently. So far.

Noone has ever observed electrons coming out of a wire as far as I can tell.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 02:23:07 AM
Just electrons. Gravity .... no gravitons apparently. So far.
Good- Fuck those gravitons anyhow.

Electrons should be able to live in peace without having the crime and decreased property values that ultimately follow the gravitons wherever they congregate in large groups.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 02:28:16 AM
Good- Fuck those gravitons anyhow.

Electrons should be able to live in peace without having the crime and decreased property values that ultimately follow the gravitons wherever they congregate in large groups.

No light can escape a black hole.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:26:38 AM
I took a course called “The Philosophy of Space Exploration”.

We proved that you could design a space colony that spun to create centrifugal force that would simulate gravity. You could have a water “bubble” in the middle that woukd stay there. You could have diving “platforms” that would allow you to push off above the surface and swim through the bubble and pop out the other side. That made my head hurt.

I took a course called The Philosophy of Science with one of the guys who wrote the code for the lunar lander. If it was all faked he never let that cat out of the bag...but then again no one was really asking him about that potential back then either.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:26:38 AM
I took a course called “The Philosophy of Space Exploration”.

We proved that you could design a space colony that spun to create centrifugal force that would simulate gravity. You could have a water “bubble” in the middle that woukd stay there. You could have diving “platforms” that would allow you to push off above the surface and swim through the bubble and pop out the other side. That made my head hurt.
That would actually have probably been a pretty fun course- I find it all fascinating and fun to just theorize about and try to problem solve- I never took anything like that but now that I'm getting older I am seriously considering taking a few courses just for the fun of it and that would be a class I would love to take..Something like that anyhow.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:30:02 AM
No light can escape a black hole.
yeah but its all theory anyhow- We dont even know they really exist at all as far as I can understand.

I know somehow they plan on trying to see one this year but I'm not entirely sure on how they plan to achieve this but something is in the works. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Edit- https://futurism.com/this-year-black-hole-first-time-history/  I found this although its way beyond my pay grade. I have a rudimentary understanding of space but hard science is not my thing- Too technical and too much math for a simple penguin.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 02:32:06 AM
That would actually have probably been a pretty fun course- I find it all fascinating and fun to just theorize about and try to problem solve- I never took anything like that but now that I'm getting older I am seriously considering taking a few courses just for the fun of it and that would be a class I would love to take..Something like that anyhow.

If you are want to do some self study. Some of it might be dated but most of it should still be good.

http://space.nss.org/colonies-in-space-by-t-a-heppenheimer/

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 02:16:54 AM....
Its really a land of confusion out there concerning what to believe- And pseudoscience has really taken off with the internet going mainstream while people seem to be getting dumber and willing to believe more and more outlandish shit it would seem.
It's true. Heather Wade"s guest for the night was a good example. Only an educated public can fix this. Take the best public and private schools in the USA and the rest of the world, and use them as models for how to fix what's wrong with the rest of American schools. Many are clearly failing their mission to educate.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:40:59 AM
If you are want to do some self study. Some of it might be dated but most of it should still be good.

http://space.nss.org/colonies-in-space-by-t-a-heppenheimer/
Thanks man, I will for sure be reading up on this.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:27:30 AM
Noone has ever observed electrons coming out of a wire as far as I can tell.

Then what is coming out of them?

They have been observed and measured since the golden age of physics in the early 1900s. I think what you mean is we don't completely understand how or why certain basic physical things work the way they do, like gravity.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 02:51:32 AM
They have been observed and measured since the golden age of physics in the early 1900s. I think what you mean is we don't completely understand how or why certain basic physical things work the way they do, like gravity.
Is it angels?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 02:46:18 AM
Then what is coming out of them?

I was the one that started this by saying that it was not understood. Especially AC current. Especially bonding the neutral wire to the ground wire at the service entry panel.

What ever happened to that Cheech Marin sounding guy who was taking photos of rods?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 03:03:17 AM
I was the one that started this by saying that it was not understood. Especially AC current. Especially bonding the neutral wire to the ground wire at the service entry panel.

I think maybe you just don't understand them...which is scary considering you worked at NASA. :o

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2018, 03:05:31 AM
I think maybe you just don't understand them...which is scary considering you worked at NASA. :o

Master electricians freely admit they have no idea why AC works. They know how to make it work.

Remember NASA is the one that totally underestimated how much current would build up on the tether for TSS.

Art Bell could never figure out why his antenna loop generated between 300 and 400 volts.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 03:03:23 AM
What ever happened to that Cheech Marin sounding guy who was taking photos of rods?

Bugs.
Jose Escamilla

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_(optics)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 03:11:15 AM
Master electricians freely admit they have no idea why AC works. They know how to make it work.

Remember NASA is the one that totally underestimated how much current would build up on the tether for TSS.

Art Bell could never figure out why his antenna loop generated between 300 and 400 volts.

It's not a special kind of electricity. It's a method of transmission and it works because alternating the current eliminates most of the distortions and signal loss that might occur with DC over long distances and it can be easily stepped up and down.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 03:03:23 AM

He goes by the name Juan Cena here and he'll often ask you if you heard his questions on air.  ;)

DynamoHum

I’m 30 odd pages behind and won’t be able to catch up til later (job interview and I am 300 miles from home), but I just wanted to keep you updated on the FB shite page I am banned from commenting on, which threw up this perfect post this morning.....

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2018, 02:30:06 AM
I took a course called The Philosophy of Science with one of the guys who wrote the code for the lunar lander. If it was all faked he never let that cat out of the bag...but then again no one was really asking him about that potential back then either.
Plus, if we never went to the Moon, we sure wasted one hell of a rocket.

http://youtu.be/UExTN3_UOIY

Friday

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 31, 2018, 04:11:46 AM
I’m 30 odd pages behind and won’t be able to catch up til later (job interview and I am 300 miles from home), but I just wanted to keep you updated on the FB shite page I am banned from commenting on, which threw up this perfect post this morning.....

It wasn't my bathtub, it was the jacuzzi ffs.

wr250

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 03:11:15 AM

electricity can be generated by moving a conductor through a magnetic field. art had a very large antenna loop (a conductor), and his voltage varied from 0 to 400v (or something like, he spoke of it doing this on the air once), as the antenna loop moved through the earths magnetic field.

GravitySucks

Quote from: wr250 on May 31, 2018, 07:20:27 AM

electricity can be generated by moving a conductor through a magnetic field. art had a very large antenna loop (a conductor), and his voltage varied from 0 to 400v (or something like, he spoke of it doing this on the air once), as the antenna loop moved through the earths magnetic field.

I could envision that happening if the loop was perpendicular to the ground but is difficult for me to imagine when it is parallel.

Does current build up in transmission lines (both electrical and telephone)?  Is this something that needs to be handled when planning distribution lines?

I know that high voltage transmission lines are constantly buzzing as power is shed from them, especially when it is humid. I have seen the videos of people lighting up fluorescent lights by holding them beneath a power line. Which is amazing because half the time I can’t get my kitchen ones to light up. 

What about other metallic structures like a skyscraper or a bridge? 

wr250

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 02:10:11 AM
We're already getting into that area with the electric universe religionists and the flat earth morons where fundamentally provable shit is being called into question .... for no reason other than people cashing in with adsense on Youtube videos.
actually the electric universe is (in theory) correct.this is due to the electromagnetic, weak and strong forces have been theorized to be one force. only gravity remains to be unified to have a "grand unified theory".

however the way the youtube idiots (and indeed all "electric universe" believers) present it is provably wrong. and the flat earthers, well that is just bad all the way around. far to complex theories to make the "flat earth" model work, that are trivially solved if the earth is a sphere. the KISS principle applies here.

wr250

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 07:28:31 AM
I could envision that happening if the loop was perpendicular to the ground but is difficult for me to imagine when it is parallel.

Does current build up in transmission lines (both electrical and telephone)?  Is this something that needs to be handled when planning distribution lines?
since arts antenna loop is simply a conductor that is designed for extreme low (dc) voltage ( this is how radio works, the radio wave creates a electric current in a antenna that the radio itself converts to sound, and outputs via a speaker), it doesnt interfere with the magnetic  inductance of the earths magnetic field like a power line will.  a power line is transmitting large AC voltages/current and creates its own magnetic field which negates the earths magnetic field effects on it. also i think the AC lines are filtered for DC current, at their source and at the pole (via the step down transformer) and such current is grounded.  very simple explanation, but im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

I know that high voltage transmission lines are constantly buzzing as power is shed from them, especially when it is humid. I have seen the videos of people lighting up fluorescent lights by holding them beneath a power line. Which is amazing because half the time I can’t get my kitchen ones to light up. 
on the lightbulbs see https://www.wired.com/2008/02/1301-glowing-fl/
for the buzz see here : https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-causes-the-noise-emi/

What about other metallic structures like a skyscraper or a bridge? 
they are grounded so no electric current/voltage builds up as its generated.