• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 01:30:57 AM
Also, you're emitting photons in infra-red from your biochemistry. Once you die, that stops. Infra-red ghost hunting assumes you need to emit photons after death. You're far outside of known science to assume that, therefore, science isn't really a part of this.

I don’t think that is how the photon_emitter(p) subroutine works.  I need to start up my quantum computer and check gitunivhub to see if there are any package updates.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on May 31, 2018, 01:42:30 AM
That's what i was trying to get at originally. Assuming ghosts are real, and if there is no matter involved, they wouldnt be observable through ordinary scientific methods.

Yeah, but that implies non-interactivity, like dark matter, in other words they wouldn't interact with photons. If a human eye can see them in visible light, then photometers can too. This also covers infra-red, radio, etc. You either detect the photons or you do not.

Point is, as this started out, claiming scientific rigor among the paranormal is ridiculous. It's pseudoscientific methods that don't really wash in practice. Been watching for decades, and they still haven't figured that one out. And they couldn't go engineer a SpaceX rocket based on what they've learned. They would actually kill a shitload of people with their methods if the stakes were higher, such as in biochemistry. It no longer makes sense. Did in Art's Day in 1995, but not now.

Maybe that's the answer - that they are made of dark matter or radical isotopes or something.

Sean92008

Oh, the Mars with Obama guy...

Line noise on HLW...  Sounds like an op amp problem.

HLW is tried to ramp to a question as a hard question, imitating Good Dave, her interjections are asskissing, Noory-esque.

Argh.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 01:30:37 AM
...Yeah. I never even thought of that.

Imagine if people were formulating new antibiotics based on sightings of ghost microbes.

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 31, 2018, 01:50:20 AM
Oh, the Mars with Obama guy...

Line noise on HLW...  Sounds like an op amp problem.

HLW is tried to ramp to a question as a hard question, imitating Good Dave, her interjections are asskissing, Noory-esque.

Argh.
To be fair to her, that guy is aggro. Did you catch how he twisted the words of the last caller and accused him of misquoting him?

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 01:45:32 AM
Yeah, but that implies non-interactivity, like dark matter, in other words they wouldn't interact with photons. If a human eye can see them in visible light, then photometers can too. This also covers infra-red, radio, etc. You either detect the photons or you do not.

Point is, as this started out, claiming scientific rigor among the paranormal is ridiculous. It's pseudoscientific methods that don't really wash in practice. Been watching for decades, and they still haven't figured that one out. And they couldn't go engineer a SpaceX rocket based on what they've learned. They would actually kill a shitload of people with their methods if the stakes were higher, such as in biochemistry. It no longer makes sense. Did in Art's Day in 1995, but not now.
100% agree-

If this were a genuine thing we would have crossed the threshold of proof I would think - At least to the point that serious research would be going in into these matter- What we see is the opposite.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 01:53:17 AM
Imagine if people were formulating new antibiotics based on sightings of ghost microbes.
...The more I think about it the more my mind is being blown- This could get infinite.

Potentially it could lead to the invention of the Zombie virus  and wipe us all out.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 01:54:12 AM
100% agree-

If this were a genuine thing we would have crossed the threshold of proof I would think - At least to the point that serious research would be going in into these matter- What we see is the opposite.

How do you explain the fact that we have no scientific proof of gravity?

okay, i agree.
Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 01:45:32 AM

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 01:58:18 AM
I cannot and its funny you say that- Science cannot even really answer that and to account for mathematical anomalies they created the idea of 'black holes' that may of may not even exist but are pretty accepted as being 'real'- We've all seen the 'pictures' and most people assume that we have seen them with telescopes or something. Black Holes are a theory more or less .

I cannot answer that-

Heres one- How did Dinosaurs walk the earth without being crushed under their own weight? based on present gravity that would have been impossible in some cases. (expanding earth? Something had to have been different but what?)

I think we know far less collectively than we think we do- I also think we are arrogant in our knowledge and assume we are smarter than we are because we have mastered technology and can see great accomplishments among mankind- But it was all built on the backs of giants.

Dr. MD MD

Weren't they just able to measure gravity waves a couple years ago?! ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2018, 02:03:54 AM
Weren't they just able to measure gravity waves a couple years ago?! ???

We can measure it. We can predict it. We cannot explain it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:05:06 AM
We can measure it. We can predict it. We cannot explain it.

Perhaps not definitively yet but we have a concept of what's going on.

HumanBeing

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 02:01:58 AM
I cannot and its funny you say that- Science cannot even really answer that and to account for mathematical anomalies they created the idea of 'black holes' that may of may not even exist but are pretty accepted as being 'real'- We've all seen the 'pictures' and most people assume that we have seen them with telescopes or something. Black Holes are a theory more or less .

I cannot answer that-

Heres one- How did Dinosaurs walk the earth without being crushed under their own weight? based on present gravity that would have been impossible in some cases. (expanding earth? Something had to have been different but what?)

I think we know far less collectively than we think we do- I also think we are arrogant in our knowledge and assume we are smarter than we are because we have mastered technology and can see great accomplishments among mankind- But it was all built on the backs of giants.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2018, 02:06:45 AM
Perhaps not definitively yet but we have a concept of what's going on.
Maybe-

It still makes no sense to me why we dont go flying off- I still cannot grasp that concept as much as its been explained to me... I leave it as 'reasons' because to try and conceptualize how spinning an object really fast would pull me towards it I get lost in my own bias.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 01:57:31 AM
...The more I think about it the more my mind is being blown- This could get infinite.

Potentially it could lead to the invention of the Zombie virus  and wipe us all out.

Yes. Shitty science is "okay" if you're talking about ghosts or bigfoot. But it ain't okay in other areas, and if someone ever tries to monetize pseudoscience in the wrong areas, the human race will be fucked. I expect this to happen. We're already getting into that area with the electric universe religionists and the flat earth morons where fundamentally provable shit is being called into question .... for no reason other than people cashing in with adsense on Youtube videos.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 02:09:13 AM
Maybe-

It still makes no sense to me why we dont go flying off- I still cannot grasp that concept as much as its been explained to me... I leave it as 'reasons' because to try and conceptualize how spinning an object really fast would pull me towards it I get lost in my own bias.

Anything with mass is creating a gravitational force. So as you are being pulled to the center of the earth, the center of the earth is being pulled to your navel. Put that in 7.5 billion pipes and smoke it.

p.s. the spinning of the object does not attract you. The mass of the object does.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 02:10:11 AM
Yes. Shitty science is "okay" if you're talking about ghosts or bigfoot. But it ain't okay in other areas, and if someone ever tries to monetize pseudoscience in the wrong areas, the human race will be fucked. I expect this to happen. We're already getting into that area with the electric universe religionists and the flat earth morons where fundamentally provable shit is being called into question .... for no reason other than people cashing in with adsense on Youtube videos.

So earnest! So very earnest! ;D

SciFiAuthor

You have that though. It clearly exists. What you don't have is an explanation for it.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 02:10:11 AM
I swear the flat earth thing has to be a psychological operation- And I'm not a huge conspiracy guy but I believe that some government or scientific agency started that shit to test gullibility or something.

I think real science could be our end as well- When they tested the A-Bomb there were many scientists who thought it would create a chain reaction and vaporize everything  (I dont remember the particulars but there were a body of scientists who argued that it could have been the end of life and we tested it anyhow)

At some point our curiosity could very well be our undoing- I've heard alot of weird things regarding Cern but its so hard to tell whats real these days and whats just conspiracy bullshit and the internet has really muddied the waters in that regard...You pretty much have to really research everything intently to even have a clue about almost anything and the surface level usually ends up being a misrepresentation of everything once you peel back the layers.

Its really a land of confusion out there concerning what to believe- And pseudoscience has really taken off with the internet going mainstream while people seem to be getting dumber and willing to believe more and more outlandish shit it would seem.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 31, 2018, 02:13:17 AM
You have that though. It clearly exists. What you don't have is an explanation for it.

I feel the same way about electricity.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:11:20 AM
Anything with mass is creating a gravitational force. So as you are being pulled to the center of the earth, the center of the earth is being pulled to your navel. Put that in 7.5 billion pipes and smoke it.

I think this is a misconception of a more purely Newtonian physics. Force is a hard word to pin down. Space isn't just an empty vacuum, it's a fabric that includes time as part of it's material. More massive objects displace it the way a body displaces the water in a tub Smaller objects aren't pulled so much as they fall into that displacement. You grok?

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:11:20 AM

p.s. the spinning of the object does not attract you. The mass of the object does.
lol Yeah I know- But I cannot logically process it. Its just one of those things I take to be truth but cant really see how.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 02:16:54 AM
I swear the flat earth thing has to be a psychological operation- And I'm not a huge conspiracy guy but I believe that some government or scientific agency started that shit to test gullibility or something.

I think real science could be our end as well- When they tested the A-Bomb there were many scientists who thought it would create a chain reaction and vaporize everything  (I dont remember the particulars but there were a body of scientists who argued that it could have been the end of life and we tested it anyhow)

At some point our curiosity could very well be our undoing- I've heard alot of weird things regarding Cern but its so hard to tell whats real these days and whats just conspiracy bullshit and the internet has really muddied the waters in that regard...You pretty much have to really research everything intently to even have a clue about almost anything and the surface level usually ends up being a misrepresentation of everything once you peel back the layers.

Its really a land of confusion out there concerning what to believe- And pseudoscience has really taken off with the internet going mainstream while people seem to be getting dumber and willing to believe more and more outlandish shit it would seem.

People don’t realize how fucking stupid the scientists really were. There have been about 2400 nuclear detonations and something like 700 in the atmosphere. 2 in the upper atmosphere that could have really fucked things up (and maybe they did as far as the Van Allen belts).

BTW this is why I do not believe aliens ever interfered with our alert nuclear missiles. Why wouldn’t they have interfered with any of the 2400 actual detonations?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2018, 02:16:58 AM
I feel the same way about electricity.

Just electrons. Gravity .... no gravitons apparently. So far.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on May 31, 2018, 02:18:21 AM
lol Yeah I know- But I cannot logically process it. Its just one of those things I take to be truth but cant really see how.

I took a course called “The Philosophy of Space Exploration”.

We proved that you could design a space colony that spun to create centrifugal force that would simulate gravity. You could have a water “bubble” in the middle that would stay there. You could have diving “platforms” that would allow you to push off above the surface and swim through the bubble and pop out the other side. That made my head hurt.