• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Notice of pending action

Started by grandelawoffices, October 21, 2012, 03:34:17 AM

grandelawoffices

TO THE OWNER:
We (Grande para-legal, Hawaii) have been hired by our Client to shut down any slander against our client on this forum.

Here is a message from our Client Lt. George Noory

"I have no time for timewasters, that being said, I have been adviced to get representation for myself against various websides.
I am giving you the challenge to stop what your writing bad about me on this an any other frorum.

This is the last warnin - there are no coinsidences."

If you the owners of coastgab.com/index do not adhere to my devices and shut down this and all associated websites we will be making a claim for damages against you from our Hawaii office here in Hawaii.

DO NOT DELET THIS THREAD

Juan

In my personal opinion, this message sucks as much as George Noory.  Get your lawyers and come and get me.  I know how to file a counterclaim.

Sardondi

Quote from: grandelawoffices on October 21, 2012, 03:34:17 AM
TO THE OWNER:
We (Grande para-legal, Hawaii) have been hired by our Client to shut down any slander against our client on this forum.

Here is a message from our Client Lt. George Noory

"I have no time for timewasters, that being said, I have been adviced to get representation for myself against various websides.
I am giving you the challenge to stop what your writing bad about me on this an any other frorum.

This is the last warnin - there are no coinsidences."

If you the owners of coastgab.com/index do not adhere to my devices and shut down this and all associated websites we will be making a claim for damages against you from our Hawaii office here in Hawaii.

DO NOT DELET THIS THREAD

W.T.F.?

See, that's the problem when dealing with a character like Noory: he's so incompetent that you can't immediately tell, when a post written in English-as-a-third-language comes in, if it's intentional parody, or simply a grossly incompetent attempt at bullying by a Noory supporter, who wants MV to believe "grandelawoffices" is about to initiate some "lawfare". Same day registration is usually a very bad sign. Its style makes me expect an offer to recover eleventy trillion dollars in Nigerian funds.

So I vote "no" on parody, and "yes" on clumsy attempt to shut MV up. But I dunno. Have I lost my sense of humor? Is this just too poorly done to possibly be serious? Maybe "grandelawoffices" could help us figure this out. Thoughts, anyone?

ChewMouse

It's a badly done joke, very unfunny. No "law office" would throw in "This is the last warnin - there are no coinsidences." And "Grande para-legal" sounds stupid.

Hopefully MV will do what he never does: delete this thread.

edited for spelling error

b_dubb

grande law offices - when you absolutely positively suck

Sardondi

Quote from: ChewMouse on October 21, 2012, 04:57:02 AM
It's a badly done joke, very unfunny. No "law office" would throw in "This is the last warnin - there are no coinsidences." And "Grande para-legal" sounds stupid.

Hopefully MV will do what he never does: delete this thread...

Of course it's not real, in the sense that there's no actual law firm/lawyer behind the post. It's just that I can hardly conceive that it's a real attempt at coercion, because of how amateurish and incompetent it is. It's like a recent immigrant from a non-western society thinks he's learned that Westerners are terrified by threats of legal action. So he concocts this ridiculous effort in an attempt to make MV shut down CoastGab. I can imagine whoever is behind this doing a video along the lines of the super-twink blond kid and his "Stop hurting Britney!" meltdown; except this one would be "Pliz to be stopping those min pipples from khurting George's fillinks!"

If there was defamation on this Internet forum, it will be Libel, not slander ("slander" is spoken defamation). Expressing pure opinion and making fair comments and criticisms are all protected forms of speech. Of course anyone can sue for any reason.
With that in mind, I wonder how the referenced law offices would react to information of someone claiming to represent them in threatening an entire web forum?  8)

btw grandelawoffices..... you really should read the site rules.

ChewMouse

I wonder if it's a current forum user who opened a second account and thinks this is funny. It could be funny, I guess, if it were done better.

While I'm at it, I've noticed a few "new" people who have similar writing styles to that of existing forum posters. I mean: I think these are the same people.

I have a terrible head cold which puts me in a very bad mood and makes me confused, but I'm glad you explained your words, Sardondi. I thought you meant you might actually believe the stupid thing was from a law firm, which flies in the face of the intelligence with which I credit you.

heater

on a related note, this thread now shows up second in Google Search of their name so the SEO team did something right by posting their name on CoastGab.

elbee

oh come on. For heavens sake. iI signed up as a hawaiian law firm as a joke! no one thought it was funny? no one catch the noorisms?  chill out guys

analog kid

Quote from: grandelawoffices on October 21, 2012, 03:34:17 AM
we will be making a claim for damages against you from our Hawaii office here in Hawaii.

Is that the department of redundancy department?

Eddie Coyle

Dewey, Cheatem and Howe is a more legit legal firm than this fugazi folderol. Let the defamation roll on muthafuckas!

Peace! (Yes, Grendel's law office has the stench of Widget)

ziznak

"lt. George Noory" had me rolling

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on October 21, 2012, 06:29:33 AM
grande law offices - when you absolutely positively suck

Quote from: analog kid on October 21, 2012, 08:51:27 AM
Is that the department of redundancy department?

these two posts made me laugh real hard

ItsOver

A law office as incompetent as Noory?  What a coincidence.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on October 21, 2012, 08:32:36 AM
oh come on. For heavens sake. iI signed up as a hawaiian law firm as a joke! no one thought it was funny? no one catch the noorisms?  chill out guys

i knoooow.  chill, everyone.

Morgus

I suspect that poster is the same guy who recently registered and posted as "George Noory"
That guy's name was recently changed to "(Not)" George Noory to denote he is a fake - just like this guy...

elbee

it was ME!!!  Who else would do that?!  It was supposed to poke fun at snoory. and how he would hire a hawaiian law firm and missspell everything

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on October 21, 2012, 03:50:51 PM
it was ME!!!  Who else would do that?!  It was supposed to poke fun at snoory. and how he would hire a hawaiian law firm and missspell everything

I laughed - I thought it was one of the PremRat trolls giving us a shout out.

Juan

It was obviously a joke.  Especially Lt. Noory.

Pragmier

It was funny! And good job on finding the agency. Tough crowd in here.

11angeleyes11

That was  a very nice choice of law firms.  All that I could think of was, did they practice to "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" in their advertisements.  I was a believer!

ziznak

just goes to show the cg collective really thinks Noory is THAT stupid.

b_dubb

i went to my list of threads with posts i haven't read and saw this thread and right beneath it ...

Examples of dumbing down in media, written or otherwise

made me chuckle

Sardondi

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on October 21, 2012, 08:32:36 AM

Well, it's my fault, EFSB, because I'm the one who asked the question of whether it was a (forgive me) clumsy attempt at humor or incredibly poor shot at bullying. I'm sorry I didn't see it. But then I never understood where the humor was in Benny Hill. I'm sure a bunch of folks understood your work immediately and justifiably thought it was hilarious. I'm just missing that part of my humor receptor.

Tempest in a teapot averted. 

Quote from: EgoFartSnooryBoy on October 21, 2012, 03:50:51 PM

Heh. This is an example of the truth of the saying, "There is simply no way to express ourselves clearly enough in writing alone that it is impossible not to be misunderstood by someone." It's a lesson in the complexity of human communication, and how much information we convey outside of literal words, and instead by the slightest gestures or subtle motions or facial clues. It takes us a lifetime of interacting and socialization to become adept at human-to-human communication and the huge amount of information which can be transmitted without a word being spoken or written.

onan

I thought it was funny. Actually thought it was clever... way too clever for team noory.