• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Podcast

Started by astroguy, January 04, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

K_Dubb

Quote from: astroguy on October 16, 2015, 10:45:21 PM
I actually just heard the 440 conspiracy again from one of Noory's guests from that heath quack site that now sponsors C2C.  It was amazing to hear him claim it, and he went right into the Nazis, just as I mentioned in the podcast episode.

And yeah, everyone could tell the difference between the tones.  Listen to the episode I'm about to post and see if you can tell.

Ha at that separation they could be half an octave apart and I wouldn't remember.  You leave that goalpost alone!

Seriously, though, well done, and entertaining.  Will make my way through your others.

K_Dubb

Also would say that to a non-scientific audience a prediction that is proved true (which is more like what Hoagie did) is more wondrous than simply observing and recording.  The values are exactly opposite.

astroguy

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 17, 2015, 06:04:27 PM
Seriously, though, well done, and entertaining.  Will make my way through your others.
Thank you.

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 17, 2015, 06:13:18 PM
Also would say that to a non-scientific audience a prediction that is proved true (which is more like what Hoagie did) is more wondrous than simply observing and recording.  The values are exactly opposite.
Part of my point was that astronomers still did it before Richard Hoagland (et al.) did it.  The predictions were out there well before Richard, Efrain, and Mike.  It's just that it was 15 years ago (for gullies and slope streaks) so it's hard for people to remember who did what when.

jjsmooth

Hey astroguy,

Any interest in doing a show on this KIC-8462852-light-fluctuations-equals-aliens-Dyson-sphere nonsense issue?

Great podcast, BTW.

whoozit

Just started listening through these.  Thanks for doing them, they are great.

henge0stone

Are you nutfucks seriously saying Richard Hoagland is wrong?????
I'll have you know that he was the SCIENCE ADVISOR to WALTER CRONKITE

**drops mic** 8)

henge0stone

I'm not gay but I really love hearing you tear Hoagland a new asshole.

astroguy

jjsmooth:  Check out the latest episode, I talk about it.

whoozit:  Thanks!

henge0stone:  Thanks!

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on November 30, 2015, 10:51:55 PM
jjsmooth:  Check out the latest episode, I talk about it.

whoozit:  Thanks!

henge0stone:  Thanks!

Keep up the good work astroguy.

astroguy

astroguy

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 30, 2015, 11:04:29 PM
Sorry, JAXA
I didn't know they do haikus.  This has become "a thing" in planetary science conferences because we have to provide something like a ≤250 character description of our submission for the program.  A few years ago, some people gave up and just started doing simple haikus, and it's gaining steam.  I made the transition with the podcast for Episode 71.

GravitySucks

Quote from: astroguy on November 30, 2015, 11:07:14 PM
I didn't know they do haikus.  This has become "a thing" in planetary science conferences because we have to provide something like a ≤250 character description of our submission for the program.  A few years ago, some people gave up and just started doing simple haikus, and it's gaining steam.  I made the transition with the podcast for Episode 71.
Nice touch

Yorkshire pud

Well Stuart; for this alone the people of Earth owe you and your fellow clever clogs scientists a debt of gratitude. This is astonishing. As it says in the piece, the tech to do the same for Venus simply wasn't available then.

I'm puzzled though; where are the pyramids, apartments, Nikes, robot heads, Four drawer dressers, Apple Macs, discarded baseball caps, power stations...(cont pp94)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-35013190

astroguy

I know it's shocking, but did you notice how these came in right when we said they would ... in July?  We said these would be in Nov/Dec, and - ¡gasp! - here they are!  And you know why?  It's because they provide *additional* (not unique, not broad, not overview) details about the region that we can now understand better with the overview stuff that came down early for context.  :o

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: astroguy on December 05, 2015, 12:53:48 PM
I know it's shocking, but did you notice how these came in right when we said they would ... in July?  We said these would be in Nov/Dec, and - ¡gasp! - here they are!  And you know why?  It's because they provide *additional* (not unique, not broad, not overview) details about the region that we can now understand better with the overview stuff that came down early for context.  :o

Since when did statements that gave the heads up that "what you see now is nothing to what you'll see in a few months" mean anything to woo woo merchants who will accidentally overlook their previous dismissive and ill informed bul....utterances? That and the fact it was pointed out a few months ago will be thrown to one side as they now accuse the boffins of omitting deliberately the signs of previous life/ apartments..etc etc... Whatever you do, you won't win. Cos they're stupid and you can't match that as it will hurt your brain.

whoozit

Now that Art is gone these will be the soundtrack for my daily walk for a while.

starrmtn001

This was just published today.  I think you'll find it interesting.

Mysterious Activity On Saturn's Moon Titan Baffles Scientists 3/6/16

https://youtu.be/bwktqSDdh_g

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on March 06, 2016, 11:39:19 PM
This was just published today.  I think you'll find it interesting.

Mysterious Activity On Saturn's Moon Titan Baffles Scientists 3/6/16

Fascinating, Starr. Thanks for posting

TigerLily's UnReal Estate Sales. Serving the Moon, Phobos, Europa and Titan
New Properties on Titan available
Lakefront or Underground Properties
Tours available. Masks and Suits provided, Wings available

astroguy

Back from Hiatus!!

"Modern Flat Earth Thought"
Might be a contradiction
Of terms, but let's see!

Episode 145, "Modern Flat Earth Thought, Part 1," has been posted.