• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

whoozit

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on March 13, 2016, 05:00:49 PM
I was going to suggest his musical talents for Falkie, but I didn't want to scare him away on his first day here.  :o
Perhaps some nice background music that Falkie can howl in pain over?  Welcome Motoflou.

73s

I've been lurking for many months and finally decided to get an account.

I'm a longtime Art Bell fan (since the mid-90's) and was one of the ones who got an account with Sirius-XM when his show appeared there (didn't buy the radio though, just online!). I'm also a ham operator and used to live in Arizona so I was close enough to hear Art talking with his buddies down on the 80 m band late at night (never got the courage to try to talk with him though). He has a REALLY loud signal, that much I can verify, so that massive loop antenna you can see in his drone videos really does the job. He used to be on there with his friends fairly regularly around 2000-2002 when I lived in that area. I guess he no longer does much with the hobby now, according to a recent interview he did.

I was very excited to see MITD arise out of the ashes and I guess it's downfall is what drew me to BellGab, looking for answers. I'm not sure I (or anyone else) has a full set of answers, but I did discover a very wild and entertaining discussion forum in the process! You guys keep me more entertained than many of Art's old shows. I've started following several other shows as a result of this forum and so I'm grateful for that.

I currently live in Virginia. I'm not sure I will post often but I at least wanted to say hello.

73!

Quote from: 73s on March 30, 2016, 01:28:01 PM
I've been lurking for many months and finally decided to get an account.

Welcome!

thenugget31

Hi or as we say here in Thailand 'Sawadee Kup'  :)
Used to listen to Coast to coast episodes a lot - particularly Art Bell and John B Wells.
After some time I couldn't sleep unless I had it on in the background.
Depending on my mood I've also listened to Freeman Fly, Hagman and Hagman, David Icke, Richard D Hall
and others..
Nice to be here anyhows..

zeebo

Hi 73s & nugget.  Have fun joining in whatever it is we do here.

The Alcoholic

I've always loved talk radio. When I was probably 10 (I'm 24 now) , I stumbled uopn coast to coast just randomly fiddling with the tuner on my old radio and told my folks bout it. They knew all about it. Now they are religious and don't believe in the paranormal so they literally saw it it as humor. I didn't necessarily believe in it was hooked. I tuned in to C2C for many nights. As I grew older and entered high school I started doing more "high school kid" things and stopped listening to the radio.

Fast forward to when I went off to college and I got my first smart phone and started getting into podcasts of all kinds. Then I found a radio show that is no longer that I loved to listen to (the John and Jeff show. RIP) and it reminded me of C2C. I decided to check it out. However, Art was no longer the host and I didn't like the new guy (it was Noory) so I stopped listening.

However a week or so ago I randomly got bored and looked up Art Bell and found out he was a on a show called dark matter for a short time, quit, did MITD, and quit too. Then I looked him up on YouTube and found the podcast here MV interviewed him bout leaving MITD. It said it was a podcast about Bellgab.com. I'm a super curious person so I looked up Bellman and started reading, and that coupled with the podcast just got me super interested. I don't know why.

I use to use a relatively small forum in 2006 and was on until the forum shut down in probably 2012. I had probably 30k posts there and was super well known. I've met some of my best friends on that forum. I've tried using a few forums from time to time but other than one that I mostly lurk at I have fond they are all too stuck up and are too into "rules". Even thogh I was never THAT bad, on that small forum we literally mods that came n maybe once  a month so anyone could say nything and get away with it.

I was viewing bellgab and seeing stuff about art and George and heather and them hearing the bellgab podcast along with remembering the old days of using a forum I decided to join.

I hope I'm not like the new kid trying to sit at the "cool table."

/end rant.

PS I have ADHD and when I'm on my meds I'm sorry in advance if any of my posts become long winded lol.

PPS Is MV full of shit or did RCH literally try and put George L in the nuthouse just because George asked him about a few photos from an old ass TV show?

chefist

Quote from: The Alcoholic on April 13, 2016, 08:20:37 AM
I've always loved talk radio. When I was probably 10 (I'm 24 now) , I stumbled uopn coast to coast just randomly fiddling with the tuner on my old radio and told my folks bout it. They knew all about it. Now they are religious and don't believe in the paranormal so they literally saw it it as humor. I didn't necessarily believe in it was hooked. I tuned in to C2C for many nights. As I grew older and entered high school I started doing more "high school kid" things and stopped listening to the radio.

Fast forward to when I went off to college and I got my first smart phone and started getting into podcasts of all kinds. Then I found a radio show that is no longer that I loved to listen to (the John and Jeff show. RIP) and it reminded me of C2C. I decided to check it out. However, Art was no longer the host and I didn't like the new guy (it was Noory) so I stopped listening.

However a week or so ago I randomly got bored and looked up Art Bell and found out he was a on a show called dark matter for a short time, quit, did MITD, and quit too. Then I looked him up on YouTube and found the podcast here MV interviewed him bout leaving MITD. It said it was a podcast about Bellgab.com. I'm a super curious person so I looked up Bellman and started reading, and that coupled with the podcast just got me super interested. I don't know why.

I use to use a relatively small forum in 2006 and was on until the forum shut down in probably 2012. I had probably 30k posts there and was super well known. I've met some of my best friends on that forum. I've tried using a few forums from time to time but other than one that I mostly lurk at I have fond they are all too stuck up and are too into "rules". Even thogh I was never THAT bad, on that small forum we literally mods that came n maybe once  a month so anyone could say nything and get away with it.

I was viewing bellgab and seeing stuff about art and George and heather and them hearing the bellgab podcast along with remembering the old days of using a forum I decided to join.

/end rant.

PS I have ADHD and when I'm on my meds I'm sorry in advance if any of my posts become long winded lol.

PPS Is MV full of shit or did RCH literally try and put George L in the nuthouse just because George asked him about a few photos from an old ass TV show?

Welcome! Post Often...check you Chefist's BlogGab Thread!....jump on in, the water's fine!

Roswells, Art

/end rant.

Welcome, The Alcoholic and good luck!

/end rant.

Heh, John and Jeff. I used to post shout outs to a nonexistent hooker named 'Cookie Dough' in the late 90's & early 2000's. I would also prank Colin Cowherd (under the alias 'Cookie Dough') on his local Portland radio show. But that was long before he made it "big". Local radio host (and cult icon) Rick Emerson, has also has fallen victim to 'Cookie Dough'.

I miss the old PDX AM radio and 1080 KOTK's - "Hot Talk". *sigh* 

The Alcoholic

Quote from: rekcuf on April 13, 2016, 10:44:36 AM
Heh, John and Jeff. I used to post shout outs to a nonexistent hooker named 'Cookie Dough' in the late 90's & early 2000's. I would also prank Colin Cowherd (under the alias 'Cookie Dough') on his local Portland radio show. But that was long before he made it "big". Local radio host (and cult icon) Rick Emerson, has also has fallen victim to 'Cookie Dough'.

I miss the old PDX AM radio and 1080 KOTK's - "Hot Talk". *sigh*

HELL YES! Someone who knows about J & J. Did you ever get the shout out hahaha.

Anyway, whenever I'd hear shows on the radio they were always a day or two behind being live, but I always wanted to call and ask John why he only dates Asian women. Never got the chance. I was legitimately curious.

Also I remember hearing this and was soooooo curious to what it'd have looked like and what do you know, it's one of the only clips of them in the studio I can find haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJi6U5TELQM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Normal-Foot on July 14, 2015, 03:41:02 PM
Howdy!

I've been listening to the GabCast for a while now, so I thought I'd finally dip my toes into the actual forum now that Art is coming back.

Proud to say that I am now also a Time-Traveler!

sigh.  such sweet, innocent times these were.

Quote from: The Alcoholic on April 13, 2016, 10:56:25 AM

Anyway, whenever I'd hear shows on the radio they were always a day or two behind being live, but I always wanted to call and ask John why he only dates Asian women. Never got the chance. I was legitimately curious.

Also I remember hearing this and was soooooo curious to what it'd have looked like and what do you know, it's one of the only clips of them in the studio I can find haha.

Many times. Jeff loved to give props to the ladies of the night.  He also had a love for Fred Meyer chicken... John and his asian persuasion; just his bag, bay-bee...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The Alcoholic on April 13, 2016, 10:56:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1uJRdP7XI

Quote from: MV on April 13, 2016, 11:03:36 AM
sigh.  such sweet, innocent times these were.

Normal-Foot hasn't posted since July 17th...

MITD was still a virgin. Now, just a 'back door' whore. :(

Quote from: MV on April 13, 2016, 11:07:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1uJRdP7XI

Haha! In my humble defense of listening to John & Jeff: I was 15! You want to know WHYYY??? Art Bell (big surprise) had quit the year before... How's that for full circle?

Do you see, Art? Do you see??? Do you see what you've done to me? I am the rekcuf!

At least I got some laughs from Adam Carolla on Love Line. I still enjoy him and his podcast from time to time. J & J were silly but they talked about "adult" things. I guess, that was appealing to my 15 year old self. Meh. I blame Art. He owes me for that too.

Anthony is okay. He never appealed to me enough to become a listener. Anthony, by the way John married a former Miss Thailand. So, I think he wins that round, bro. Opie? I'm better at life than him.

Howard Stern never did anything for me either. FWIW

The Alcoholic

Quote from: rekcuf on April 13, 2016, 11:25:59 AM
. Anthony, by the way John married a former Miss Thailand. So, I think he wins that round, bro. Opie? I'm better at life than him.

Well even though I still love J&J here's the infamous Thailand photo before it got deleted form their website (beck when the website was still up).  Can't tell if she's a woman, underage, a ladyboy or a combination. Either way creepy as hell. And what makes it's worse is the caption on the photo on their website was...

John parties all night with "the ladies".

I didn't add the quotations either.

Also, you could torture small animals and still be better at life than Opie haha.

Quote from: The Alcoholic on April 13, 2016, 11:40:22 AM
Well even though I still love J&J here's the infamous Thailand photo before it got deleted form their website (beck when the website was still up).  Can't tell if she's a woman, underage, a ladyboy or a combination. Either way creepy as hell. And what makes it's worse is the caption on the photo on their website was...

John parties all night with "the ladies".

I didn't add the quotations either.

Also, you could torture small animals and still be better at life than Opie haha.

Looks ladyboyish too me. I liked J & J however, Daddy (Art) was always where my heart was. Didn't Opie stab Anthony in the back or something?

The Alcoholic

Quote from: rekcuf on April 13, 2016, 11:46:14 AM
Looks ladyboyish too me. I liked J & J however, Daddy (Art) was always where my heart was. Didn't Opie stab Anthony in the back or something?
me too. Cover "her hair and it totally looks like a man.

Oh since were on about radio hosts who have our hearts, Click and Clack (god rest his soul) have a special place in mine.

Also I think Ant got fired. No Idea if I was Opie's doing. I barely listened to them.

bateman

Quote from: rekcuf on April 13, 2016, 11:46:14 AM
Didn't Opie stab Anthony in the back or something?

He was accused of not fighting Ant's firing from SiriusXM after the Twitter tirade. There is a lot of animosity between the two of them. They supposedly said as little as possible to each other off the air from like 1999-onward, but kept the show going because their on-air chemistry was somehow unaffected and they were making millions.

https://youtu.be/AyPLtBzVGJA

Ant is currently in rehab while domestic violence charges against Dani Brand (daughter of Vinnie Brand, owner of the Stress Factory comedy club) are still pending. It's quite a soap opera.

The Alcoholic

Quote from: bateman on April 13, 2016, 05:18:44 PM
He was accused of not fighting Ant's firing from SiriusXM after the Twitter tirade. There is a lot of animosity between the two of them. They supposedly said as little as possible to each other off the air from like 1999-onward, but kept the show going because their on-air chemistry was somehow unaffected and they were making millions.

Ant is currently in rehab while domestic violence charges against Dani Brand (daughter of Vinnie Brand, owner of the Stress Factory comedy club) are still pending. It's quite a soap opera.

Yup. I knew these guys were shitheels lol.

I am not a new member per say,, but since I live and work in Japan and only spend a few months out of the year in the U.S. I should be posting alot more now that I am going to San Francisco and Florida for three months.  I hope to see alot of posts and contribute much to the discussions but please forgive my spelling anf grammer as English is not my first language.

Quote from: bateman on April 13, 2016, 05:18:44 PM

Thanks for the update, bateman.

Quote from: The Alcoholic on April 13, 2016, 01:07:52 PM
me too. Cover "her hair and it totally looks like a man.

Oh since were on about radio hosts who have our hearts, Click and Clack (god rest his soul) have a special place in mine.

Also I think Ant got fired. No Idea if I was Opie's doing. I barely listened to them.

Car Talk is a all time classic. I even enjoyed A Prairie Home Companion form time to time.

"Don't drive like my brudda! Don't drive like my brudda!"

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on April 15, 2016, 08:50:11 PM
I am not a new member per say,, but since I live and work in Japan and only spend a few months out of the year in the U.S. I should be posting alot more now that I am going to San Francisco and Florida for three months.  I hope to see alot of posts and contribute much to the discussions but please forgive my spelling anf grammer as English is not my first language.

Welcome. Your English seems better than most BellGabbers.