• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

ziznak

"get the gringo" was good even though Mel is a "hole."  "Amazing spidey" was ok... can't wait to see "ted."  only sucky cams out now tho.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out that mel gibson flick.

I remember liking mad-max as a young teen. Very dry-feeling camera work from what I remember. Great reefer film.

I did read some number of years ago that the director of mad max is also responsible for creating the "happy feet" franchise

fuck!

Quote from: guildnavigator on July 10, 2012, 10:11:13 PM

I did read some number of years ago that the director of mad max is also responsible for creating the "happy feet" franchise

fuck!

There were like two major directors and one of them died midway through Thunderdome. I cant remember the name though.

ziznak

Mel is a good actor and this one its still a good movie man...he's in a mexican prison... pretty funny.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ziznak on July 10, 2012, 10:51:44 PM
Mel is a good actor and this one its still a good movie man...he's in a mexican prison... pretty funny.
Aww... Mexican prisons, reminds me of the good old days...

ziznak

This lil kid is in it who played the adopted columbian pyromaniac kid in "the sitter" as well. 

aldousburbank

12 years ago the wife and I were released from a Mexican federal prison.  Boy do I have stories, if somebody begged me to tell them.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 10, 2012, 10:40:25 PM
There were like two major directors and one of them died midway through Thunderdome. I cant remember the name though.

The guy I was talking about was George Miller, who directed the first Mad Max film and also wrote, directed and created both of the Happy Feet singing-CGI-penguin turdfests.

I looked up who the other director was on the thunderdome: George Ogilvie? The only thing he's done that I've heard of was co-directing Thunderdome. There are about 7 or 8 australian tv-movies that he directed in the late 80's early 90's... haven't heard of any of them. Says he was born in 1931, and is still living? 81?

Did you see the story about the director croaking on a documentary or something? I am starting to think that maybe George Miller died on the inside while filming TD and started making shit films afterwards and thats what they meant by it. ;D   :'(

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 13, 2012, 08:37:28 AM
12 years ago the wife and I were released from a Mexican federal prison.  Boy do I have stories, if somebody begged me to tell them.

I am interested.

Harmness

Please please please please please.

ziznak

Did I see a story about you on "arrested abroad?"

ManiacMatt

por favor mi amigo!

MV/Liberace!

nabila and i just finished plowing through all three matrix movies in as many days.  WOW is there a steep decline after the first installment.  i hadn't seen parts 2/3 until now.  i would have been just as well not to.  part 2 is particularly uninteresting.

oh, and let's hear the mexican jail story, please.

Quote from: MV on July 15, 2012, 03:03:14 AM
nabila and i just finished plowing through all three matrix movies in as many days.  WOW is there a steep decline after the first installment.  i hadn't seen parts 2/3 until now.  i would have been just as well not to.  part 2 is particularly uninteresting.

Then you are missing a large part of the story called The Animatrix, including the "prequel" to The Matrix Reloaded in a short called The Final Flight of the Osiris. The Animatrix also included background for all the Matrix films. All of the shorts were first released via the www and FOC.
As a side note, you have to recall that the last film was released six months after the second.

Here is a clip from Final Flight of the Osiris.

Animatrix: Final Flight of the Osiris [Best Quality]

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on July 15, 2012, 03:03:14 AM

Ok so, will start a Mexican Abduction thread as soon as I have a few moments free to tap this keyboard.

ziznak

Nice can't wait to read your story!!!
Just watched Hemingway and Gellhorn... bad TV movie but I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my favorite "actors" Lars Ulrich... LOL

ziznak

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on July 12, 2012, 02:15:47 AM
The Objective Trailer HQ
this movie was ok... checked it out yesterday.  Meanwhile I keep watching Anthony Hopkins playing Hitler in "the Bunker" by far one of my favorite Hitler renditions... it's inspired my avatar...
Anthony Hopkins as Hitler - The Twitch

ziznak

By the way TED was like one long episode of "family guy"

analog kid

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on July 15, 2012, 04:52:54 AM
Then you are missing a large part of the story called The Animatrix, including the "prequel" to The Matrix Reloaded in a short called The Final Flight of the Osiris. The Animatrix also included background for all the Matrix films. All of the shorts were first released via the www and FOC.
As a side note, you have to recall that the last film was released six months after the second.

They filmed the two Matrix sequels at the same time though, didn't they? What made the first one more interesting was the victims being those trapped in the Matrix, while in the second two, the victims were the people of Zion. Really don't like the sequels at all.

DAE

In case you were curious how Asian monster movies have developed, here's a scene from The Host:

The Host - The monster attacks

onan

Just saw "The Dark Night Rises". Liked it a lot.

Quote from: onan on July 20, 2012, 03:17:45 PM
Just saw "The Dark Night Rises". Liked it a lot.

Same here.  Went to the midnight premiere, hyped as hell.  I'm still waiting for Christopher Nolan to make a bad/disappointing film, but he keeps proving me wrong every film.

ziznak

"men who stare at goats" Awesome movie!! great actors and the plot pokes fun at ed dames and the whole military remote viewing thing... there's even an mk-ultra (lsd testing) scene... Really funny.  So glad I watched this again since I had first watched it a few years back.

HAL 9000

My nephew brought over "Fight Club" to watch with me and my dad. Now I know why I avoided it all these years - it was dreadful; totally sucked.

Then I downloaded hi-res versions of No Country for Old Men, Braveheart, and Sling Blade, watched them on successive nights, and all was right with the world again.

ziznak

No Country and Sling Blade are both movies I can watch again and again between substantial intervals in time... Braveheart unfortunately I've seen one too many times.  Fav scene in Bheart is the "Never moon an archer too long" scene.

BobGrau

Believe it or not, I've never seen Braveheart.  :o

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on July 25, 2012, 01:55:18 PM
Believe it or not, I've never seen Braveheart.  :o

you have something great to look forward to, then.

onan

Quote from: MV on July 25, 2012, 02:07:27 PM

you have something great to look forward to, then.

It is entertaining. Completely made up, but a fun movie. William Wallace was a real person but quite a bit different than presented.

Do a quick internet search to see how inaccurate the movie is.

But as has been said a fun movie to watch.