• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

anagrammy

Quote from: b_dubb on June 14, 2011, 10:27:52 AM
can't remember if i recommended the Roku to you or not.  i love mine.  i also love not having to pay $70/month for cable

Hey, b-dubb, I just saw the ArtBell classic radio channel on the Roku, as a choice under the iTunes channel.  I jumped on that, but when I tried to start it up, my heart beating fast, it didn't work.  Are you able to check it out?

The itunes channel and thenowhereman/roku are the BEST!

I heard about Roku from googling ways to watch TV using the internet so I could exorcise cable tv from my life.

Ana

Scully

Quote from: fysisist on June 14, 2011, 08:30:23 PM
I can't disagree, but I hope he doesn't.  It's the only show that Knapp does for anybody outside the LV area, at least that I know about and I always look forward to it.  I think he draws a somewhat different audience than the regular sycophant C2C'ers anyway.

You and I are basically in agreement here, Fysisist. What I would really like to see is a whole new Art-inspired show with Knapp a part of it.   ;)

b_dubb

Quote from: anagrammy on June 15, 2011, 09:48:26 AM
Hey, b-dubb, I just saw the ArtBell classic radio channel on the Roku, as a choice under the iTunes channel.  I jumped on that, but when I tried to start it up, my heart beating fast, it didn't work.  Are you able to check it out?

The itunes channel and thenowhereman/roku are the BEST!

I heard about Roku from googling ways to watch TV using the internet so I could exorcise cable tv from my life.

Ana
i used to be able to listen to the Art Bell coastgab stream on the Shoutcast channel.  the C2CAM show is also reachable through the Radiotime channel but you have to listen to the ads on those radio broadcasts.  the horrible, horrible ads

anagrammy

Listen up!  BobGrau turned me on to this place, the beautiful, glorious, simple replacement for streamlink:

http://funklobaldy.fatcow.com/2301.html

This is run by a guy with a hobby of collecting the C2C shows.  Free--and no memberships, ads, secret codes, garbled together shows, just pure well-organized, well-described C2C programs.

Ahhhhhhh.

Anagrammy

Sunday night GK lets some animal rights wacko from HSUS get on and preach against the use of animals for human benefit, and not once asked them about the fact they don't run a single animal shelter, most of the donations go to fund pensions and salaries, and the only "animal welfare" this group engages in is a radical anti-meat agenda akin to PETA. GK directly asked him if HSUS is against the consumption of humanly raised meat, and the guest completely sidestepped the question with a non-answer about puppies and kitties and abused chickens. And GK completely failed to follow through and call him on it. WTF Knapp?? HSUS is NOT your local animal shelter. If you want to help actual animals, and not some wacko's pension fund, donate to your local shelter, NOT to the militant vegans at HSUS.

anagrammy

Quote from: Jackpine Savage on June 20, 2011, 06:32:10 PMSunday night GK lets (1) some animal rights wacko from HSUS (He is their president, Wayne Pacelle)

(2) get on and preach against the use of animals for human benefit (never said that - said we should honor our professed morals for animals who are destined for food - like factory-farmed animals and so-called "hunting" where people pay to shoot a helpless animal in an enclosure.)

(3), and not once asked them about the fact they don't run a single animal shelter, (they do- they don't call them that anymore, they call them something else, Rehoming Centers, or some such)

(4) most of the donations go to fund pensions and salaries, (not true-everyone is a volunteer except the manager) and

(5) the only "animal welfare" this group engages in is a radical anti-meat agenda akin to PETA. (This is the opposite of what was said.  Pacelle specifically stated they were not anti-meat but for good treatment of animals raised for food). 

(6) GK directly asked him if HSUS is against the consumption of humanly raised meat, and the guest completely sidestepped the question with a non-answer about puppies and kitties and abused chickens. (A monumental distortion.  He said nothing about puppies or kitties but said that the real problem was no longer beef since the Humane Society has been very successful in getting improvements in slaughterhouse conditions by bringing the information to the public that the meat industry was serving up sick and dying cows (remember the clip of the cow who couldn't stand and was being shoved by a fork lift).  He said the current focus was on chickens and he described that it was SO BAD Cambell's Soup will not take the meat of the Spent Hens (egg laying chickens) so the government buys it for our children and seniors.)

(7) And GK completely failed to follow through and call him on it. WTF Knapp?? (There was nothing to call him on, pinhead.)

(8)HSUS is NOT your local animal shelter. (The only true thing in this post.  The Humane Society, thank goodness, is now one of several choices for unwanted pets in most communities.)

(9) If you want to help actual animals, and not some wacko's pension fund, donate to your local shelter, NOT to the militant vegans at HSUS. (Wayne Pacelle stated he was NOT A VEGAN. He's a vegetarian.  And the only militancy involved at the Humane Society is the filming of where your food comes from.)
I am going to assume you didn't actually listen to the show, did you? ???   Because if you were, best lay off the bottle before posting next time.  There's a lot of abuse and corruption to be concerned about in today's world.  The Humane Society is not one of them.  How many non-profits have actually had a benefit for you personally by making sure that weeping beef tumors are not part of that McDonalds Big Mac sitting on your coffee table there in your bachelor pad.  Or when your manboobs reach a "C" cup due to the hormones in your KFC.But then again, you probably are as concerned about the quality of what goes into your mouth as you are about what comes out of it.  So nevermind.Anagrammy
[/color][/color]
[/color][/color]

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on June 20, 2011, 08:23:28 PM

How many non-profits have actually had a benefit for you personally by making sure that weeping beef tumors are not part of that McDonalds Big Mac sitting on your coffee table there in your bachelor pad.  Or when your manboobs reach a "C" cup due to the hormones in your KFC.

But then again, you probably are as concerned about the quality of what goes into your mouth as you are about what comes out of it.  So nevermind.

Anagrammy

Anagrammy, you sound so much like me, but more suave.  Downer cows are a downer.

anagrammy

Sorry about the color, folks.  I tried to fix it but alas....I use the dark screen and it doesn't always show up for me like you see it.

Ana

onan

I didn't listen to the show.

What strikes me though is this. It is very easy to confuse issues. Humane treatment of animals is not the same argument as the practice of being a vegetarian. Humane treatment of animals is not the same argument as the efficacy and ethicality of xenotransplantation. Although many choose to blend the issues because of vested opinions.

Scientifically studying the use of porcine cardiac valves is much different than revlon maiming thousands of rabbits to make a longer lash mascara.

Raising cattle for consumption, ethical or no, causes more greenhouse gas than all the drivers do.

It is possible to like to eat meat and still find room to understand those that choose to believe slaughterhouses are vile might have a point. Unless one has no room for reason.

Usagi

Quote from: onan on June 20, 2011, 08:41:49 PM

Raising cattle for consumption, ethical or no, causes more greenhouse gas than all the drivers do.

That's my problem with it.  I love beef (not as much as pork, but, you know... it's pork).  However, the waste is insane right now, the process can be filthy beyond comprehension, and, yes, downer cows are definitely a downer.

Not having a ton of disposable income, I'd rather spend the money that I would buying cheap meat several days a week and have beef (or fill in the blank) once a week and know that it's raised in as sustainable, healthy, and yes, humane way as possible.  You pay a price for it one way or the other, anyhow.  Luckily, I live in a place where that's fairly easy to come by.

P.S. - I love kitties.

Seamus Capone

Savage, are you sure that you didn't hear an old clip of Ingrid Newkirk (PETA) barking at the moon? Knapp's guest brought attention to the pain and suffering of animals in factory farms. As an animal-loving omnivore, I think that it's important to know who engages in these inhumane practices. The fact that Knapp cares about critters makes me like him even more. 

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 20, 2011, 11:13:34 PM
Savage, are you sure that you didn't hear an old clip of Ingrid Newkirk (PETA) barking at the moon? Knapp's guest brought attention to the pain and suffering of animals in factory farms. As an animal-loving omnivore, I think that it's important to know who engages in these inhumane practices. The fact that Knapp cares about critters makes me like him even more.

That's what he'd like you to think. Because most people agree with getting rid of unhygienic  and cruel farming practices, this is what they use as the hook. Then, once they get your donations, it's all radical all the way. They are anti-meat, anti-hunting, anti-leather...  you name it. If they had their way, they'd have lawyers representing circus chimps in lawsuits.  http://activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/o/136-humane-society-of-the-united-states

Quote from: onan on June 20, 2011, 08:41:49 PM

Scientifically studying the use of porcine cardiac valves is much different than revlon maiming thousands of rabbits to make a longer lash mascara.

Unfortunately the truly faithful don't see the difference. They have a radical agenda of placing animals on an equal footing with people. Like any radical, they use the egregious examples of abuse to rationalize their legislation and gain favor, then after they've created a problem where there really isn't much of one, they off their well crafted, canned answer. Problem-Reaction-Solution.

I've spent years in agriculture, and with a few rare exceptions, farmers care more about their animals well being than anyone else, and why wouldn't they? Their livelihood depends on it. We already have laws against animal abuse, just like we have laws against child abuse. The issue is enforcement, not a lack of legislation. The last thing we need is more laws making food more expensive.  But the HSUS and the more overt PETA don't really care about cruelty, if they did they would be running animal rescue (sorry I mean "re-homing") operations. Their real agenda is disallowing the use and ownership of all animals. They are fanatics. I caught the program on replay this afternoon, so I had plenty of time to listen to what was said, and compare it to what they really do.

And grammy: I don't eat KFC, McDs, or drink booze while holding or not holding small children. I butcher my own venison, sheep and chickens, and have a degree in animal science, but WTF would I know about food production or the proper treatment of animals. Egg layers are not desirable for meat production, not because of the treatment, but due to the build of the bird. Chickens bred for laying lack the physiology that makes for a good slaughter bird. Research yourself instead of swallowing HSUS's propaganda whole. So I must be a drunk because you disagree with me? Lay off the personal insults will you, and come with facts next time. I certainly didn't insult you. I will admit my post had a bit of satire. It wasn't meant as a literal rebuttal of the guest, and shouldn't have been taken as such. Next time I'll include a warning.

anagrammy

Look, Mr. Savage,

Your entire post is insulting to fellow human beings who feel compassion for animals. 

Your mischaracterization of a very worthy endeavor, The Humane Society,  is over the top and extremely offensive and insulting to me personally.  Your remarks are uninformed by facts and intemperate, in fact, dripping with hatred for "true believers."

There is no faith involved to believe that animals are mistreated.  These are facts.  The difference between us, which is dispassionately set forth by Onan, is that you fail to differentiate between necessary and unnecessary pain.  You yourself do not care and therefore, in your world view, those who do should be belittled.

You mock the plight of circus animals by saying someone might get them a lawyer.  I am one of those people who happily donates to prevent the continuation of exploitation and cruelty to animals in circuses.   I have researched their living condition at length, joined the support group and donated time and money toward preventing their needless suffering. Most well-informed Americans know about the abuse animals endure in circuses and I have researched it in depth, plus researched the possible solutions.   I'm glad you brought it up.  You should come out some time and carry placards with us. Here are a few facts to stir into your mind:

Every major circus that uses animals has been cited for violating the minimal standards of care set forth in the United States Animal Welfare Act (AWA).

Animals in circuses spend about 11 months of the year traveling.
    During travel, animals may be caged or chained for long distances and hours, forced to stand in their own waste, in extreme temperatures.
    Standard circus industry training tools used on animals include bullhooks, whips, clubs, and electric prods.
    Animals born in circus “conservation” breeding programs have never been released into the wild.
    From 1994 to 2005, at least 31 elephants have died premature deaths in the circus. Other circus animals who have died in an untimely manner include horses and lions.
    Captive elephant and captive feline attacks on humans in the U.S. have resulted in hundreds of injuries, many resulting in death.
    In the wild, elephants live in large, sociable herds and walk up to 25 miles every day. Most other wild animals found in circus settings, including lions and tigers, are also constantly on the move in their native habitats. In the circus, animals spend most of their time in cages or chains.
    Officials from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (which enforces the AWA) have repeatedly ignored obvious physical trauma to animals, eyewitness accounts of mistreatment, and sworn testimony from former circus employees who report abuse of elephants.
    Circuses that feature only human performers are gaining in popularity and provide dazzling, humane, and truly family-friendly entertainment.
Your arrogance and contempt for those with legitimate concerns and some compassion say more about you than your degree.  There is nothing uneducated and unresearched about those who care about the needless suffering of animals to want to end it.

Your attempts to paint compassion for animals as if it were a quality belonging only to a leather-hating fringe extremist exposes your own lack of empathy- not only with animals but with humans who differ with you.

My remarks about you drinking are, OF COURSE, a joke, since we are all virtual here, so how would I know?   I would like you better if your remarks were the result of drunkposting. Oh, well, just goes to show that a degree isn't everything.

Anagrammy

anagrammy

Back to George Knapp and his show on Sunday-- GK interviewed Whitley Streiber, who AMAZINGLY had a visit from a strange man back in 1998 who was possibly from the future and predicted our day.  The biological/technology mold, the DNA manipulations, the politics, why gosh darn it, he knew it all.

Isn't it amazing that we didn't have Whitley calling in for Art's New Year Prediction Show with maybe just ONE of these remarkably accurate truths?

And isn't it just too weird--remember there are no coincidences-- in how this space or time visitor chose Whitley to contact?  The very same Whitley who has been pursued and raped his entire life only to make a career out of documenting his experiences?  And who, rather than relying on an undependable muse, has to depend on his personal mysterious offworld visitors to flesh out his retirement fund.

And this is the second version and there was .... an anomoly.  Changes from one version to another that changed its meaning.  And Whitley has no idea how this could have happened.  Crossings out done at his house NOT BY HIM OR HIS WIFE, and making him look like a jerk.

I swear to God.  And Knapp replied that people are watching Whitley's "output."  (snigger)  And Whitley is just sick of these retired intelligence people who are bored and have nothing else to do but break into Whitley's house and mark up his manuscript to make him look like a dope.

Not so hard to do, Whitley.  I am disappointed in George that he went down this road without ever challenging how     R I D I C U L O U S  it is.

Anagrammy

Marc.Knight

Quote from: anagrammy on June 21, 2011, 02:37:54 AM
  Every major circus that uses animals has been cited for violating the minimal standards of care set forth in the United States Animal Welfare Act (AWA).

Circuses were big in the '50s and should have been outlawed years ago. 

onan

Quote from: Jackpine Savage on June 21, 2011, 01:10:49 AM
  http://activistcash.com/organization_overview.cfm/o/136-humane-society-of-the-united-states

It's a shame that this source is probably more tainted than the one it vilifies.

Activistcash is a branch of center for consumer freedom which uses a goodly dosage of the terms "paternalism" and "do-gooders". And just the right amount of folksy "make yourself at home cuz we are all just good ole boys never meanin no harm" bullshit.

The center for consumer freedom is a nonprofit corporation run by lobbyist Richard Berman through his Washington, D.C.-based for-profit public relations company, Berman & Co. The Center for Consumer Freedom, formerly known as the Guest Choice Network, was set up by Berman with a $600,000 “donation” from tobacco company Philip Morris.

Berman pitted himself against MADD. MADD wanted to lower the limits on alcohol levels that indicated influence and intoxication. In my opinion MADD was completely right and Berman completely wrong.

Berman has been called a "Tobacco company whore" and it seems he has branched out since then. His spin is always regulation bad, cheaper consumerism for more profits good. He is a fuckin shit bag snake that should be ground up and fed to septic tank bacteria.

So to sum up the link to activist cash leads to a skunk hole.

cwarner

I really enjoyed the show with Strieber. He's just as nutty as Dames, Hoagland, etc, but at least he's a good story teller.

Knapp addressed that right at the beginning by saying something to the effect of "I'm just going to go with the suspension of disbelief..." Although he did suggest they'd take a more critical look at Strieber's story later in the show, which they didn't.

Art Bell used to have a lot of guests where he'd all but openly say it was clearly BS and it was just for fun. Who knows though, Maybe Whitley's right and my soul's gonna be harvested.  :o Hope not..

EvB

Strieber is a much better guest that host.  He is a good story teller, knows it, and can't resist being the one to do the "telling."  In fact, even his fans complained s much about  this quirk of his, he now rarely hosts his own version of "Dreamland" (which still exists on his own site)

And, it's that "good story teller cum ad-man" quality of his that makes me often enjoy, but never trust, a word he says.

El Kragen

Quote from: EvB on June 23, 2011, 12:13:08 PM
Strieber is a much better guest that host.  He is a good story teller, knows it, and can't resist being the one to do the "telling."  In fact, even his fans complained s much about  this quirk of his, he now rarely hosts his own version of "Dreamland" (which still exists on his own site)

I agree, it's one of the reasons I stopped listening to his Dreamland and rarely listen through one of his C2C shows. The one thing I do like about Whitley as host is that he seems genuinely excited to be there. It's a nice change from the usual pseudo interest.

Marc.Knight

Knapp's show is going to be good tonight.  The man has gravitas.

Usagi

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 24, 2011, 06:06:09 PM
Knapp's show is going to be good tonight.  The man has gravitas.

I may give it a shot.  The first hour seems a little pedestrian, but a very Knappish topic and hopefully he'll put a good spin on it.

But, more to the point... damn you to hell for making me look up tonight's topic only for me to be visually assaulted by that P90X ad!!

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Usagi on June 24, 2011, 06:16:44 PM
I may give it a shot.  The first hour seems a little pedestrian, but a very Knappish topic and hopefully he'll put a good spin on it.

But, more to the point... damn you to hell for making me look up tonight's topic only for me to be visually assaulted by that P90X ad!!

Did you see how the ad suddenly pops up, catching you by surprise?  I got a wave of nausea for a second.

Usagi

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 24, 2011, 06:25:00 PM

Did you see how the ad suddenly pops up, catching you by surprise?  I got a wave of nausea for a second.

YES.

You don't give a damn about Knapp, do you?  This was just a trap for the naive and unsuspecting, isn't it?  Sneaky devil!

Morgus

Quote from: Marc Knight on June 24, 2011, 06:25:00 PM
I always be sure to use a browser "ad blocker" add-on (available free in Firefox) to avoid seeing that stuff.  ;D

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on June 24, 2011, 07:13:03 PM
I always be sure to use a browser "ad blocker" add-on (available free in Firefox) to avoid seeing that stuff.  ;D

We need an electronic "barf bag" for the site.

anagrammy

Quote from: Usagi on June 24, 2011, 06:16:44 PM

Save yourself!  See complete show ads plus book jacket covers and links at:

http://funklobaldy.fatcow.com/11757.html

You can also download rar files here and they are divided into the show hours with descriptions.  Replace streamlink today and help end the Noory regime!  Hip Hip!

Anagrammy

Usagi

Man alive! That's the link I was looking for in my other thread!

(Take that, Marc Knight!)

anagrammy

Quote from: Usagi on June 24, 2011, 08:04:35 PM
Man alive! That's the link I was looking for in my other thread!

(Take that, Marc Knight!)

You'll love this site, Usagi.  No one trying to sell you anything, just a guy with a hobby sharing with other like-minded folks.  This one site is the antidote to the creeping commercialism of C2C.  I am sure Lex weeps when he sees this one...what might have been if Premiere had not sold out.

Premiere would put a small, discrete box ad on Mona Lisa's forehead. No wonder they were bewildered by Noory's ratings.  They are CLUELESS.

Think I'll start a thread for that speculation.....hmmmmm....

Anagrammy

valdez

Knapp working on a mystery.  The disappearance of a guy named Patrick F. Carnes, and his dog, Lucky, on a lonely stretch of highway in Nevada.  Knapp posted a murky picture on the c2c site of a truck that may be connected to the disappearance and invited callers to give their ideas as to what trucking line it was associated with.  This segment was supposed to last 2 hours, but the calls kept coming.  You can tell the yokels that haven't got a clue about anything, but just like hearing themselves talk, and the guys who know exactly what their talking about.  Many of them called.  The blurry emblem on the  back of the trailer may have been identified tonight, and lead to some answers.  A fine example of what c2c is capable of.  This Knapp guy is alright.

He also said he's going to "get something off my back"
this sunday pertaining to area 51 that he's been sitting on for 20 years.
Interesting.