• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

mnbmnbmnb

Quote from: Kolchak on May 09, 2018, 11:11:55 PM
I agree. Unfortunately, she's sold her audience on the fact that the bumper music is coming back, so much so that there's a separate tab for it on her site.

I honestly don't get why the music is such a big deal. You could listen to Dancing Queen whenever you want, why would someone care enough to make any decision based on it when only a 1/4 of it gets played after some commercials. Sure there's some nostalgia but it seems some people are more fans of Art's bumper music then listening to Heather speak.

dsz

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 09, 2018, 11:15:03 PM
Guest needs the hook.. geez

#goheather

We need to find some Kit N Kaboodle and lure Catsmile to our side to craft 1,000 pro-Heather hashtags.

Dyna-X

NASA has published a yearly catalog of Spinoff technology since 1976.
https://spinoff.nasa.gov/

dsz

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on May 09, 2018, 11:18:35 PM
I honestly don't get why the music is such a big deal. You could listen to Dancing Queen whenever you want, why would someone care enough to make any decision based on it when only a 1/4 of it gets played after some commercials. Sure there's some nostalgia but it seems some people are more fans of Art's bumper music then listening to Heather speak.

It just sets the mood of the show well. Dave using that intro or bumper music when he does a show discussing... I don't know... Elton John or Liberace... it doesn't work. (Hey, you all told him to branch out his topics.)

TigerLily

I'm so worried about this guy's adenoids I can't concentrate on his words. Ok. Switched from race cars to space ships. Maybe now I can zone in

Kolchak

Quote from: mnbmnbmnb on May 09, 2018, 11:18:35 PM
Sure there's some nostalgia but it seems some people are more fans of Art's bumper music then listening to Heather speak.

Can you blame them?

WinWinS

Quote from: TigerLily on May 09, 2018, 11:21:07 PM
I'm so worried about this guy's adenoids I can't concentrate on his words. Ok. Switched from race cars to space ships. Maybe now I can zone in
to disposable diapers

zeebo

Quote from: WinWinS on May 09, 2018, 11:18:16 PM
yuppers

I already had that figured out, but didn't want to point.  :)   Welcome, post often, and grab a hardhat off the rack.

Tinfoil_Helm

Holy shit, I tuned and DING DONG Haughty Heather is gone.  I wish her well, but we're all better off. 

I need to go read through these threads and thank Keith by renewing my subscription!

SciFiAuthor

I hate guests like this. In the modern age, you hear something, like the development of the disposable diaper thing, so you google and instantly find tons of detailed information about the development of disposable diapers with no need to invoke aliens.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 09, 2018, 11:24:52 PM
I hate guests like this. In the modern age, you hear something, like the development of disposable diaper thing, so you google and instantly find tons of detailed information about the development of disposable diapers with no need to invoke aliens.

Same thing with microwave ovens

DaveSchrader

I hate guests like this. In the modern age, you hear something, like the development of disposable diaper thing, so you google and instantly find tons of detailed information about the development of disposable diapers with no need to invoke aliens.

Exactly....credibility issues starting to rear its angelic face

Adair has a very nasal voice.  I don't think Dave is digging this interview.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 09, 2018, 11:20:51 PM
NASA has published a yearly catalog of Spinoff technology since 1976.
https://spinoff.nasa.gov/

Hey I think you got a shout out from DaveS

Dr. MD MD

I hate guests like this. In the modern age, you hear something, like the development of the disposable diaper thing, so you google and instantly find tons of detailed information about the development of disposable diapers with no need to invoke aliens.

That still doesn't mean that aliens didn't develop them.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 09, 2018, 11:26:14 PM
Same thing with microwave ovens

Yeah. This stuff worked in the days when it didn't take 30 seconds to google something, but it doesn't quite work anymore.

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on May 09, 2018, 11:24:31 PM
Holy shit, I tuned and DING DONG Haughty Heather is gone.  I wish her well, but we're all better off. 

I need to go read through these threads and thank Keith by renewing my subscription!

You really need to check out the show she was on complaining about being let go. So much cringe and fake tears.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WinWinS on May 09, 2018, 11:18:16 PM
yuppers

This is known as the “Honeymoon phase”. Welcome to our clubhouse full of vaguely loveables.

Post often and don’t feel bashful when it comes to the donate button. Our support can be purchased.

N0sferatu

And one time in my Daddy's shop I dropped a screw and couldn't find it since we couldn't afford to light up our shed and that's when they started selling flashlights all over the World.

Kolchak

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 09, 2018, 11:26:33 PM
Exactly....credibility issues starting to rear its angelic face

Hang in there, Dave.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 09, 2018, 11:28:26 PM
Yeah. This stuff worked in the days when it didn't take 30 seconds to google something, but it doesn't quite work anymore.

So, you believe everything you google, eh?

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on May 09, 2018, 11:24:31 PM

LOL.  You've missed a lot and it will take months for you to catch up.  Best of luck though!  ;) :D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 09, 2018, 11:28:23 PM
That still doesn't mean that aliens didn't develop them.

True enough lol. Alien civilizations may well have independently developed microwave and disposable diaper technology.

mnbmnbmnb

So many 90s C2C shows would be terrible now because of this. Philip J. Corso comes to mind, he got several in depth interviews with Art where he claimed everything is alien technology.

Dyna-X

Its like Adair can throw out buzzwords and concepts to convince a novice that he knows what he is talking about. Those in the know can see the twists and turns and half truths. We end up thinking "Where do I start?"

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 09, 2018, 11:27:52 PM
Adair has a very nasal voice.  I don't think Dave is digging this interview.

Yeah. He made it clear this was a Heather guest.