George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 09:15:11 PM
I had issues too...Here's the text:

When you think about the biggest talk-radio shows in the country, it would be easy to overlook his massive audience of millions nightly on some 600 stations. The low-key, soothing-voiced, professional broadcaster worked in the broadcast news business for decades before taking over the reins of what many thought would be the irreplaceable Art Bell. But today, the show is bigger than ever, an oddity in an information world dominated by Twitter-like short-form digital communications.

George Noory’s world is definitely long-form, devoting four hours a night â€" or early morning, depending on your location â€" to interviews and calls on, well, just about anything and everything from UFOs to efforts at global government to mysteries of the paranormal.

Monday is his 68th birthday and what he most wants from his avid listeners and fans as a gift is election to the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Having taken his show to heights thought impossible by industry experts in the overnight time slot, he’s got the track record, credentials, audience ratings, sponsors and personal work ethic to justify the honor. And he’s got one more thing â€" the love and the loyalty of millions of listeners.

So, who is George Noory, besides the host of the most popular overnight show in the country and the most successful program of its kind ever aired?

He grew up in Detroit, the oldest of three children of an Egyptian-American father and Lebanese-American mother. He was raised Roman Catholic who loved listening to Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite. His first experience with the strange world of the paranormal came at the age of about 11 when he was home in bed and sick with a fever. It was an experience not entirely uncommon, just unexplainable â€" often known as an “out of body experience.” He felt himself floating upward toward the ceiling above his bed looking down at his body.

Like many other kids, investigating this phenomenon became a passion, which in those days meant going to the library, he joined the UFO club at school. He looked into New Age medicine.

“My life really began to evolve at that young age,” he recalls.

Later, while at the University of Detroit, he filled in as a production assistant at a local ABC affiliate. It eventually became a full-time broadcast reporting job. He worked his way up the ladder in radio from producer to news executive and moved around the “M-states” â€" Michigan to Minnesota to Missouri, finally becoming the news director for KSDK-TV in St. Louis, where he won three Emmys, raised three children of his own and left the news business for a big public-relations company, as well as starting a Middle Eastern restaurant, and a video-production company.

At the age of 46, he tried to figure out what he wanted to do with the rest of his life.

Seeing the movie “Talk Radio” got him thinking about an on-air position. He found a job doing the overnight shift for St. Louis AM station KTRS as “The Nighthawk,” at which he began talking about the unexplained. His audience grew and he began filling in for Art Bell on Coast to Coast AM,” taking over full-time when Bell retired in 2003.

But Noory approached the job differently than Bell did. Noory never completely left his newsman orientation, giving wide berth to his guests and callers and always recognizing that being a radio host also means being an entertainer.

He’s been ahead of his time, telling an interviewer eight years ago: “People are beginning to realize they can’t fully trust government anymore.”

“I believe that there are groups on this planet far above governments â€" who control governments,” he said in 2010. “I think that there are players on this planet who are so wealthy, and so powerful, that the game for them is control and manipulation. And they make presidents, and they make kings and queens, and they make leaders of nations. Who are they specifically? I’m not going to give names â€" I never do on the air. But we all suspect who they may be. And those are the ones you have to be careful of.”

Long ago he recognized what so many are talking about and reacting against today â€" “the push for more of a world government.
What a great synopsis!

Jorch is so dumb, a lady called in and was upset that Jorch was doing a show about religion which I guess he has claimed he doesn't do. Jorch scolded the lady that the show was about Biblical prophecy not about religion. LOL you can't separate Biblical prophecy from religion, prophecies come from Biblical scripture, which by definition are divinely inspired,which is why people believe in them, if they're not divine/supernatural they are just writings by ancient people no different than any myths or folktales. Different denominations may have different interpretations of scriptures and prophecies but you cannot say a show about Biblical prophecy isn't about religion.

Jojo

I hate this song, The Sound of Silence.  I mean this rendition is one of the best, but I still hate it.

Aliens don't have ears.  Synthetic telepathy will be silent.

Tell me, how are we going to telepath the sounds of laughter, of raindrops, of birds singing?  Of someone's voice maturing as they get older?  Of someone crying.  Music and frequencies are healing.  Vibration brings us closer to God.

As humans become hybrid, we will lose the ability to ascend to higher levels of consciousness and holiness because we too will be bred without ears like the greys and will no longer hear the music of the universe.  We will be trapped in digital drivel.

Maybe they will enlarge our brains like aliens, too.  It is said that humans have 38 levels of consciousness all living inside us at the same time, enabling us to walk and chew gum simultaneously.  Will the authorities in the future who dole out synthetic telepathy just give us one channel?  We don't have the attention span/ability to really listen to more than one or two channels accurately.  But, so much will be lost.  Even though we don't "hear" all the levels of consciousness in others around us, surely our minds sense it on some frequency level perhaps just out of reach of audible, but perhaps which the ear still facilitates.  I don't want that to be lost.

At least humor can exist without hearing.  Deaf people have shown that.  AI will probably never really understand humor.

Jojo

Tomorrow is Radio Hall of Fame Voting Day starting at 6AM EST, 4AM CST, and 3AM PST.  Did I do that right?

https://www.radiovote.com/

Jorch doesn't belong in the Radio Hall of Fame but I think he'll eventually get in but not this year. Jim Rome will win if the competition is decided by votes from the public. He's got a rabid fan base, larger than Coast's and has been around longer than Jorch. Mark Levin is entertaining sometimes and among conservative talk show hosts he's the smartest, brilliant on the Constitution. Never listened to or even heard of Joe Madison.

Quote from: monica on June 04, 2018, 03:04:57 AM
I hate this song, The Sound of Silence.  I mean this rendition is one of the best, but I still hate it.

Aliens don't have ears.  Synthetic telepathy will be silent.

Tell me, how are we going to telepath the sounds of laughter, of raindrops, of birds singing?  Of someone's voice maturing as they get older?  Of someone crying.  Music and frequencies are healing.  Vibration brings us closer to God.

As humans become hybrid, we will lose the ability to ascend to higher levels of consciousness and holiness because we too will be bred without ears like the greys and will no longer hear the music of the universe.  We will be trapped in digital drivel.

Maybe they will enlarge our brains like aliens, too.  It is said that humans have 38 levels of consciousness all living inside us at the same time, enabling us to walk and chew gum simultaneously.  Will the authorities in the future who dole out synthetic telepathy just give us one channel?  We don't have the attention span/ability to really listen to more than one or two channels accurately.  But, so much will be lost.  Even though we don't "hear" all the levels of consciousness in others around us, surely our minds sense it on some frequency level perhaps just out of reach of audible, but perhaps which the ear still facilitates.  I don't want that to be lost.

At least humor can exist without hearing.  Deaf people have shown that.  AI will probably never really understand humor.

:o

SredniVashtar

Halls of Fame are a very American thing - I can't see the point of them - but the last person you'd want in there would be a hack like Norry, unless you want to totally devalue it. If it can't find a place for a unique genius like Phil Hendrie ( I assume he's not in there) then it's a waste of time.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 04, 2018, 04:24:31 AM
Halls of Fame are a very American thing - I can't see the point of them - but the last person you'd want in there would be a hack like Norry, unless you want to totally devalue it. If it can't find a place for a unique genius like Phil Hendrie ( I assume he's not in there) then it's a waste of time.

If Tupac Shakur belongs in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, why wouldn’t Snoory deserve a participation trophy?

GravitySucks

Quote from: monica on June 04, 2018, 03:09:35 AM
Tomorrow is Radio Hall of Fame Voting Day starting at 6AM EST, 4AM CST, and 3AM PST.  Did I do that right?

No.

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2018, 09:11:39 PM
It takes a while to load...no idea why...

Here's where you vote for George...I'm going to...you might not agree, but I believe he deserves it.

Well, I was going to vote for Noory.  Went to the web page, loaded her up.  Noticed that Noory was up against Jim Rome.
I thought back to one fine day, years ago when "Toby in Houston" called in to Rome' show to discuss Larry Brown.
I nearly choked to death in my cube at work as it went down.  I couldn't vote for Noory over Rome.  I just couldn't..................

Skip ahead to about 4:20 if you are pinched for time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKwXdesKug

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 04, 2018, 06:15:00 AM
Well, I was going to vote for Noory.  Went to the web page, loaded her up.  Noticed that Noory was up against Jim Rome.
I thought back to one fine day, years ago when "Toby in Houston" called in to Rome' show to discuss Larry Brown.
I nearly choked to death in my cube at work as it went down.  I couldn't vote for Noory over Rome.  I just couldn't..................

Skip ahead to about 4:20 if you are pinched for time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKwXdesKug

I know a Toby in Houston but who is Jim Rome and who is Larry Brown?

Bart Ell

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 04, 2018, 06:15:00 AM

I'm with you on this.
Not for Toby, though.
Mine was the windshield hobo.
The bindle calls that came in after the story were pure evil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCEEn1dtVCI

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 03, 2018, 11:25:30 PM
Holy shit this guy sucks.  Are you really going to vote for him for Radio Hall of Fame?
Is there a Best at Radio Suckage category?

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2018, 07:30:47 AM
I know a Toby in Houston but who is Jim Rome and who is Larry Brown?
You're kidding, right?  If not, go here, 11:00am Central.

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/cbs-sports-radio-650#.WxVRUO4vzIU

You too can become a clone.  I still laugh at Rome's dog holocaust.

http://youtu.be/tRM7u14THk0

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on June 04, 2018, 08:54:24 AM
You're kidding, right?  If not, go here, 11:00am Central.

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/cbs-sports-radio-650#.WxVRUO4vzIU

You too can become a clone.  I still laugh at Rome's dog holocaust.

http://youtu.be/tRM7u14THk0

Seriously. Never heard of him. Or Larry Brown. I wouldn’t know Larry Brown’s penis if it stared me in the face.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
Seriously. Never heard of him. Or Larry Brown. I wouldn’t know Larry Brown’s penis if it stared me in the face.
Check him out, especially if you have any interest in sports.  I used to listen to him in my younger days but got kind of tired his routine.  He's still pretty amusing at times and he DEFINITELY has in own world, along with his listeners.  Rome definitely has broadcasting talent and is WAY better than bumbling Jorch.  Rome would eat Noory alive.  Jorch couldn't even hack being a caller into a Rome show. 

Dateline

Is there a category for "Infomercial Hall Of Fame"?  Critically, Norry would win, eggs sunny side down.

Dateline

I like Mark Levin, he is smart, focused, and very articulate.  I do listen to him frequently.  Although he is political talk, he discusses, history and the political process and how it affects our country.  I learn things when I listen to him, and the audio time spent listening is worth it.  It is deep, not just a subject brush like Coast has become.  Coast is too shallow these days, and Norry and company made it that way, such a shame to me. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on June 04, 2018, 09:31:39 AM
I like Mark Levin, he is smart, focused, and very articulate.  I do listen to him frequently.  Although he is political talk, he discusses, history and the political process and how it affects our country.  I learn things when I listen to him, and the audio time spent listening is worth it.  It is deep, not just a subject brush like Coast has become.  Coast is too shallow these days, and Norry and company made it that way, such a shame to me.
I agree.  Levin is a very sharp guy and you certainly can't say he isn't passionate about his beliefs.  Noory isn't even in the same universe, compared to Levin and Rome.  Noory just shows up, punches the clock, and counts the minutes until he can skip out with Tommy for some flapjacks. 

Zetaspeak

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 04, 2018, 02:51:05 AM
Jorch is so dumb, a lady called in and was upset that Jorch was doing a show about religion which I guess he has claimed he doesn't do. Jorch scolded the lady that the show was about Biblical prophecy not about religion. LOL you can't separate Biblical prophecy from religion, prophecies come from Biblical scripture, which by definition are divinely inspired,which is why people believe in them, if they're not divine/supernatural they are just writings by ancient people no different than any myths or folktales. Different denominations may have different interpretations of scriptures and prophecies but you cannot say a show about Biblical prophecy isn't about religion.

I came on to mention this. I listened to none of the show but just happened to pass by at in the middle of this woman's rant about how Jorch is political and religious show. Noory of course says "No no I am not political" and then came with an even more absurd line of "this isn't religion, this is Biblical prophecy" HAHA

It reminded me of something straight out of Phil Hendrie "guests" My first memory of listening to Hendrie is that he had a "religious guest" and the details are fuzzy what he said, all I remember that a caller was angry and the "guest" replied "I'm not talking about Jesus, I'm talking about Christ" That line always sticked in my mind, but Noory saying "I don't talk religion, I talk about the bible" sound even more absurd.

Quote from: Dateline on June 04, 2018, 09:31:39 AM

Couldn't agree more.  I like to listen to Levin fairly routinely though I have to take some time off every now and then from him or I'd be constantly depressed and angry about the state of our country now.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 04, 2018, 10:31:33 AM
Couldn't agree more.  I like to listen to Levin fairly routinely though I have to take some time off every now and then from him or I'd be constantly depressed and angry about the state of our country now.
Ha!  Something similar, here.  I have to stop listening when he works himself into such a lather, I think he's going to have a stroke or a heart attack on the air.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on June 04, 2018, 01:42:49 PM
Ha!  Something similar, here.  I have to stop listening when he works himself into such a lather, I think he's going to have a stroke or a heart attack on the air.

He's an excellent crank! I love a good rant and he's pretty much all rant. :D

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 04, 2018, 01:45:04 PM
He's an excellent crank! I love a good rant and he's pretty much all rant. :D
Yep.  Levin and Savage should have a rant-off.  I know they both love each other.  ;D

Rix Gins

Happy Birthday George.  We are the same age, for the next three months anyway.   

ItsOver

I voted for Levin.  He actually puts some effort into his show.  No way I'd vote for Jorch.  We already have enough participation trophies given away.  If he was running for Suckmeister, he'd win hands down.