• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

goldendeal

I can't get past Richard Syrett sounding like Casey Kasem. I'm waiting for  Syrett to give the top 10 countdown ...

PChirp

Even this ectoplasm talk is over my damn head and I'm very open minded.  This guy's nuts.  Sorry, Syrett, you've totally lost me tonight.    :(

Quote from: PChirp on March 13, 2015, 11:28:48 PM
Even this ectoplasm talk is over my damn head and I'm very open minded.  This guy's nuts.  Sorry, Syrett, you've totally lost me tonight.    :(

Even Syrett seems to think this guy is bonkers.

paladin1991

Okay, I think I'm done with syrett.  I'm heading over to U7.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 13, 2015, 11:48:07 PM

The guest is a goof and would make a dream audience member for some cheesy Vegas magic show.  However, Syrett's nice little aside about Peter Gabriel's "Salsbury Hill" just made me a fan.

goldendeal

Oh man this show sucks tonight.....what a snoozer. :-\

Gd5150

SYrett sounds like an SNL characture of John McCain.

WOTR

Quote from: qaddisin on March 13, 2015, 11:13:38 PM
Obviously. I thought I would listen tonight, but the way Syrett started off the program I couldn't take it. I'm fairly certain I heard George's climax all the way in Florida.
I was worried I would have been the only one who had to make a quick stop due to projectile vomit.  Between his sucking up to Jorch as the hardes working man in show business who never sleeps and his enshrining open lines as a Coast to Coast institution I could not stop myself.

I also could not stop myself from killing my radio when the convulsions stopped and my stomach was again empty.  I think I lost all respect for him tonight.  Perhaps I should confine myself to Knapp nights for the next few months until there is something on the radio that does not cause these reactions?

SnapT

Syrett sucks so much I turned him off and turned on a Noory rerun instead.

UFQuack

He sure is kissing Jorch's butt tonight! Plugs him every chance he can get! This guy is like Jorch's own little minion.

He even mentioned Jorch's "Save The Grid" campaign (also known as Let's Secretly Usher In Smart Grid.)

Oh and he's sounding more and more like Noory himself as there are quite a few mistakes tonight. He said "backtracking" instead of backmasking in talking about the Beatles recording played backwards.

I thought I'd give this show another chance so I tuned in and heard some man calling in saying "I'm only 79 1/2 years old and my mother would be 116 last month... If she were still alive!"  then he goes on about some amazing numbers he's met.  Then Syrett starts talking about numbers he's fascinated with.  Then the next caller starts throwing out 47s and 17s and all sorts of other numeric wonders.

I never thought I would wish for Noory's special topic lines.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 14, 2015, 01:52:49 AM
I thought I'd give this show another chance and I hear some man calling in saying "I'm only 79 1/2 years old and my mother would be 116 last month... If she were still alive!"  then he goes on about some amazing numbers ...

You left out the best part, his tale of waiting 45 mins. for a bus.  Pretty bad callers tonite.  A dude just gave a "shout out" to Carnivora.

Quote from: zeebo on March 14, 2015, 01:57:35 AM
You left out the best part, his tale of waiting 45 mins. for a bus.  Pretty bad callers tonite.  A dude just gave a "shout out" to Carnivora.

Yikes!  Was that a Bellgab member?

I've been only half listening to this and I kind of feel sorry for Syrett having to navigate through these insane callers.  Early the final hour some schizo sounding freak caller babbled something about his head exploding or some such, can anyone explain what the hell that was?

Nebraska888

Quote from: Northern Nights on March 14, 2015, 02:38:06 AM
I've been only half listening to this and I kind of feel sorry for Syrett having to navigate through these insane callers.  Early the final hour some schizo sounding freak caller babbled something about his head exploding or some such, can anyone explain what the hell that was?

Ha!  Yes......the callers were impossible.   I like Syrett........he does just fine.

Quote from: Nebraska888 on March 14, 2015, 06:11:50 AM
Ha!  Yes......the callers were impossible.   I like Syrett........he does just fine.

He did the best he could under the circumstances, his regular show from Toronto isn't too bad.

I found that call in the CJOB archives, turns out the guy said his mind is collapsing.  This after rambling for minutes about migraines, spinal taps, men in black, levitation and demons. 

No exploding head so he's not so weird after all.

smitty9999

Bill from West Hartford CT called in.  He reminded us that he's an amateur astronomer and an atheist.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 13, 2015, 11:48:07 PM

Thank you.  I was afraid it was just me.

ShayP

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 14, 2015, 01:11:16 AM
SYrett sounds like an SNL characture of John McCain.

Haha!  YES! Now I'll think of that anytime I hear him.

AvDaBr

Quote from: smitty9999 on March 14, 2015, 12:55:00 PM
Bill from West Hartford CT called in.  He reminded us that he's an amateur astronomer and an atheist.

Ha.  Poor fellow called in to Clyde Lewis' show earlier.  As soon as he uttered the word "religion" Clyde ended the call.  He then went on to say "We know you're an atheist Bill!" or something akin.

Is this the result of a head transplant?

Edit:  Taking a closer look the entire front of his body has been blacked out.  There's no colour variation at all in there.  He could have a giant gut and we wouldn't see it.

SnapT

"Who will decide... who gets a new head... and who does not?"

Riveting.

This guest sounds like a used corpse salesman.

bateman

This is a tough listen.

coaster

I can't understand a word this guy is saying.

BattyBrooke

I can't even imagine the lengths old men will go to to get their heads transplanted to a 20 year old body.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 14, 2015, 11:58:26 PM
I can't even imagine the lengths old men will go to to get their heads transplanted to a 20 year old body.

I just read an article about doctors transplanting penises in South Africa, and could imagine the same going on in the future.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31876219

Gassy Man

Quote from: goldendeal on March 13, 2015, 11:27:12 PM
I can't get past Richard Syrett sounding like Casey Kasem. I'm waiting for  Syrett to give the top 10 countdown ...
Kasem had a deeper and more sonorous voice.  Syrett sounds more twerpy, like a jolly accountant who somehow got hold of a microphone.  It's tough to listen to him.  There's this discordance between some of the heavier and creepier subjects he's discussing and the weird sunny deliver he has when talking about them.  It's amazing how the people producing Coast to Coast seem completely clueless as to the atmosphere a show like this should be creating.

Nick el Ass

Syrett must be trying to be like Knapp by mentioning the bumper every time they go to break... and If I were Knapp I'd watch my back.