• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151203 - Sally Vander Veer - Marijuana - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by zmbabwe, December 03, 2015, 11:04:27 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 03, 2015, 11:48:17 PM
"We'll alert the media"

haha  You're awesome Ciardelo 10/10 for style points.
Ha! It's a line from the movie Aurther who was a completely different kind of stoned.

Dyna-X

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 03, 2015, 11:41:16 PM
That doesn't mean much. Washington had one of the best medical programs in the country. Once "legalization" came, all of a sudden all the freedom of medical disappeared as the State started enjoying the tax money from Recreational and kickbacks from the local Marijuana lobby which is big growers and big store owners (who were the original criminals that made millions of dollar in the illegal days) which resulted in the State government changing all the medical rules and trying to legislate it out of existence in favor of recreational/legalization.

So now all the money, innovation and talent from the Washington medical community (which was one of the best in the world) either moved to Oregon or went back underground which a lot of shitty commercial grows have taken over and are what are supply the rec stores.

It's nearly impossible to go recreational in Washington as you need at least a half million dollars and to be able to meet so many absurd regulations that you need a couple mil in the bank and to pay off lawyers/politicians.

And what the local cops and authorities started doing is raiding medical/quasi legal grows as soon as they got their first tax drop and realized 90% of marijuana business is still medical/black market which they don't get a piece of. It's now more dangerous to grow in the grey or black area than it was before "legalization".

It's fucking crazy and this lady is head of a company that's a major part of this corruption.

Oregon's laws are pretty great. But that's because a lot of growers familiar with Washington and Colorado corruption and how reality works started getting in politicians ears and telling them how to do it. It's not a perfect system but it's the best one yet.

Meanwhile everyone is still federal criminals. No entities like banks or insurance companies will even acknowledge our existence. And it takes regular payoffs to lawyers and politicians to stay in the game.

I know I'm explaining the watch but I live this every day and one small change can cost me tens of thousands of dollars or prison time.

The reality between being "legal" on paper and the reality still are two different things in Colorado.  Why would my friend need to buy from a retail outlet in a metal shed building next to a tire warhouse outside city limits? Kind of like its legal but not at the same time.

paladin1991

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 03, 2015, 11:58:03 PM
Ha! It's a line from the movie Aurther who was a completely different kind of stoned.

My kind of stoned!

And that crazy laugh!

albrecht

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 03, 2015, 11:52:24 PM
white widow... hybrid..  not a bad strain.  I have grown it before.

northern lights....   a true OG strain.....one of the very first, really good commercial indoor strains... bred up here in B.C.
I haven't smoked in years. And then did because there and legal. (I grew it on my porch. And will attest...from SEED..grows better than any plant I've ever seen. Had to leave for work and came back a fews month later. And porch covered in plants. Granted, climate there had some rain and no extremes that time. Another thing. Came home and some business people were coming over and I felt I had to kill them. HARD to take out. Resin kills your knife. Couldn't throw over. Never smoked my plants but, they grew amazingly. And, believe-it-or-not also had shit loads of tomatoes growing with them! That I did eat.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert_S on December 03, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
Just be careful with the edibles!  I had too much one time and woke up in the middle of the night seriously messed up.  I nearly called 911, but I got a friend to help calm me down, and I barfed a few times.

You mean like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0 ?

Just be careful with the edibles!  I had too much one time and woke up in the middle of the night seriously messed up.  I nearly called 911, but I got a friend to help calm me down, and I barfed a few times.

I remember some news story from a couple years ago about some journalist who ate a whole candy bar and lost her shit in her hotel room for like 24 hours.  Another about a cop who took some from an evidence room, and he and his wife called 911 thinking they were "overdosing."

TigerLily

Just wormholed Art re big business trying to monopolize legal marijuana

northern lights....   a true OG strain.....one of the very first, really good commercial indoor strains... bred up here in B.C. 
Some of the best around me was bred off the Northern Lights strain. The guy always claimed to have the 'best in the Midwest'.  ;)

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 03, 2015, 11:58:44 PM
Oregon's is insanely great. They allowed medical stores to sell recreationally which was the best possible transitional idea and blew my mind they did that. Also every household is allowed to grow up to four plants legally. Go luck fucking with that Feds.

If people were just allowed to grow without fear nationwide, the recreational stores who sell the finished product could take as much time as they want to sort out the rest.

Quote from: Dyna-X on December 03, 2015, 11:58:31 PM
The reality between being "legal" on paper and the reality still are two different things in Colorado.  Why would my friend need to buy from a retail outlet in a metal shed building next to a tire warhouse outside city limits? Kind of like its legal but not at the same time.

;D ;D ;D You couldn't be more right. It's so weird. Like buying sex toys before that was all cool.

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on December 03, 2015, 11:59:28 PM
Just wormholed Art re big business trying to monopolize legal marijuana

I wonder about Mafioso as well.

SciFiAuthor

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to that, I just like a regular old bowl or a joint.

JamesMcDonald

Some people overdo it with the edibles.  A nice cookie tastes great and it goes down too easily.  True.  Having said that, it does make me wonder when people eat too much of it.  They clearly mark the dosage on the packaging (or at least they are supposed to).

GravitySucks

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 03, 2015, 11:59:17 PM
more like  $330/ oz.

I guess I was reading what was posted... They do have strains that cost more than others...

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 04, 2015, 12:03:16 AM
I guess I was reading what was posted... They do have strains that cost more than others...

Well, I'll be damned, there it is.  And $40 a quarter, too.  That's ridiculously cheap.

"So I can... play with my grandchildren..."  Old people smoking up makes me think of the Bob's Burgers where the grandparents live in the swingers community.

albrecht

Nice! I will now claim knowledge (haha.) Instead of looking like confused tourist businessman trying it out. Ha. Now, what about hash? Scams (right after the Taliban but before 911 I thought I should score some but didn't know/if real, from from "coffee shop" there and got..gone but legit or not? Hash? Is that just resin from pipes or real stuff or what?

TigerLily

My BFF lives in Colorado. She went through surgery and chemo and the only thing that helped her nausea and pain was pot.  She told me about all the strains and you can customize based on the effects you're looking for.  (Btw she is now cancer free and doing great   :)

Zenman

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 04, 2015, 12:04:00 AM
Mafia has never been big in the weed trade. You had mexican weed coming from mexico through various cartels, canadian weed coming down from BC (the Hell's Angel still control's BC and Vancouver's weed trade) and then you had sporadic domestic growers all over the country that exploded with High Times magazine and then blew up out of control with the rise of the internet. I'm speaking about west coast history. The east coast history is much different and I don't know a lot of it.

The real thing pushing legalization was the first growing sites that sprang up on the net about 15 or 20 years ago that spread all the illegal info worldwide with the mission of "Overgrowing The World" and growing so much weed that the government wouldn't be able to stop that. We're seeing the fruits of that philosophy today.

This Internet thing sure has had all kinds of interesting effects, hasn't it? Many of them quite positive.  :D

The callers are going to be a bore tonight.  "Legalize and tax it, man!"  "It's like a new prohibition, and that didn't work the first time."  Etc.  That said... it's ridiculous this is still a debate, in 2015.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: TigerLily on December 04, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
My BFF lives in Colorado. She went through surgery and chemo and the only thing that helped her nausea and pain was pot.  She told me about all the strains and you can customize based on the effects you're looking for.  (Btw she is now cancer free and doing great   :)

There's no question that it helps with appetite and nausea. I convinced an aunt that was going through chemo to try it. Worked wonders. She's also cancer free now, though I suspect she may still partake on occasion despite being 82 . . .

=Schlyder=

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 04, 2015, 12:03:16 AM

sure,  they will have specials going to move older inventory etc...

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on December 04, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
My BFF lives in Colorado. She went through surgery and chemo and the only thing that helped her nausea and pain was pot. ...

Great to hear she got some relief TL. 

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 04, 2015, 12:04:00 AM
Mafia has never been big in the weed trade. You had mexican weed coming from mexico through various cartels, canadian weed coming down from BC (the Hell's Angel still control's BC and Vancouver's weed trade) and then you had sporadic domestic growers all over the country that exploded with High Times magazine and then blew up out of control with the rise of the internet. I'm speaking about west coast history. The east coast history is much different and I don't know a lot of it.

The real thing pushing legalization was the first growing sites that sprang up on the net about 15 or 20 years ago that spread all the illegal info worldwide with the mission of "Overgrowing The World" and growing so much weed that the government wouldn't be able to stop that. We're seeing the fruits of that philosophy today.
Cartels still make a shit load from the weed trade. Internal and external. Yes, margins are lower but still lots of money and with changes in the cartel fights, open-border, legalizations, etc and going for other stuff (often via Chinese/Indian precursors or bought outright from them, besides the "natural" drugs. Ha.). But you can check out the DEA site, borderlandbeat maps, etc.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 04, 2015, 12:09:49 AM
sure,  they will have specials going to move older inventory etc...

Which is 10x better than I ever saw on the street. Never saw mold in a dispensary sale.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on December 04, 2015, 12:10:05 AM
Yeah I figured it was probably you, Sandman. And maybe aldous.

Aldous stepped out and forgot to come back.  Happy wanderings sir.