• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151118 - Jeffrey Scott Holland - Feral Humans - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 18, 2015, 05:00:13 PM

Noorynoid

norland2424

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 19, 2015, 12:07:23 AM
If i ever become zombiefied, Jeffrey Scott Holland is going to be my first face I eat. This guy even talks like a douche.

+10000

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 19, 2015, 12:05:54 AM
Vinyl certainly sounds better. I still have my vinyl set up from the 90's and wouldn't trade it for anything.

i have a unused turntable i can get my hands on..matter fact on a whole system..i just havent gotten around to it lol

Donald Noory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 19, 2015, 12:05:54 AM
Vinyl certainly sounds better. I still have my vinyl set up from the 90's and wouldn't trade it for anything.

No it doesn't. There is too much surface noise, even with well-cleaned records. Or maybe you have one of those $50,000 turntables that make all vinyl sound magically wonderful.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on November 19, 2015, 12:06:11 AM
I'll spill all my seasonal candle pairings for a pumpkin latte.

Candles freak me out. I see them in the store and I smell them and catch myself thinking "I'll bet this thing is delicious".

FLLFlash

Quote from: Barfly on November 18, 2015, 11:53:58 PM
How the fuck is Art gonna fill 3 hours of this?
This guy does sound a bit lethargic

If can't handle it callers will.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 19, 2015, 12:08:06 AM
Candles freak me out. I see them in the store and I smell them and catch myself thinking "I'll bet this thing is delicious".
LOL.

Barfly

Quote from: ShayP on November 19, 2015, 12:06:43 AM
It's a shed.  :)
No tub in the shed, the washer and dryer are in the shed so you do have access to hot water

K_Dubb

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on November 19, 2015, 12:00:25 AM
I'm  thinking about buying a nice turn table system and getting into vinyl records...is the experience worth it..or should I just stick with cds?

IMO if it's audio quality you're after, start with a heavy old amp and big old speakers from the junk store.  That'll make more difference than a record player.  Even streaming mp3s sound great.  We've gotten so used to tinny little speakers.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 19, 2015, 12:08:06 AM

ha ha ha ha ha ha

norland2424

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 19, 2015, 12:10:12 AM
What the hell is this guy talking about?

something about a homeless pope committing rail road killings lol

Ciardelo

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 19, 2015, 12:10:12 AM
What the hell is this guy talking about?
trains, fur...I'm not quite sure. He isn't a good story teller.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Donald Noory on November 19, 2015, 12:08:00 AM
No it doesn't. There is too much surface noise, even with well-cleaned records. Or maybe you have one of those $50,000 turntables that make all vinyl sound magically wonderful.

Nope, just a cheap 90's pioneer I bought when I was around 19. Most of my vinyl, not all, is in really decent shape still from proper storage. I don't really have much in the way of pops and the like.

Ghost Nutter

Thanks peeps you helped a bunch..I'm going to look into some online reviews of turn tables and go from there

WanagoBleu

Quote from: Barfly on November 19, 2015, 12:09:38 AM
No tub in the shed, the washer and dryer are in the shed so you do have access to hot water
what about the bath salts and candles? I THOUGHT there were bath salts and candles!!! 😁😁😁

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 19, 2015, 12:04:49 AM
I'm not awake when it ends. I like the Audacity options for saving. Lots of flexibility. The program does not scare me, but I far from fully understand it. It just doesn't do video.
Audacity is a great little program with lots of advanced settings. There's a reference manual for it out there if you want to use it for more than just recording.