• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

norland2424

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 14, 2015, 12:03:48 AM
This blood thirsty talk is scary. This is how we ended up in that mess with Iraq. Blood lust ugh.

Speaking of blood lust, where is shay and barfly?

FLLFlash

John Batchelor is so dead on.

The amazing thing is that he and Art in such agreement.

MABUSE

Read "Catastrophe: An Investigation into the Origins of Modern Civilization" by David Keys to find much of the origin of what is now playing out
as well as a crystal clear example of historical cycles repeating now.
**M**

JamesMcDonald

This blood thirsty talk is scary. This is how we ended up in that mess with Iraq. Blood lust ugh.

Yeah, did they ever find those WMDs?

swordpoint9

Quote from: Zenman on November 14, 2015, 12:03:27 AM
Yep. Probably started before that tho and was abundantly exacerbated by Bush taking down Iraq. Many, many enemies were spawned by that war.
Being one who helped to restabilize it . It didn't work because Paul Bremmer fired all security and Military folks . I major fuck up !

Rocky4228

This guy is the first guest on MITD that has actually scared me.

starrmtn001

Quote from: norland2424 on November 14, 2015, 12:05:46 AM
Speaking of blood lust, where is shay and barfly?
It's Barfly's birthday today.  They're probably having a private party in the shed. ;D

Zenman

It'd be nice to be an isolationist nation, worrying mainly about security within the borders. But I think it's too late for that, unfortunately.

norland2424

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 14, 2015, 12:08:00 AM
It's Barfly's birthday today.  They're probably having a private party in the shed. ;D
Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 14, 2015, 12:06:52 AM
In the shed "celebrating" Barfly's birthday.  ;)

That is true lol.

VtaGeezer

Going into Iraq was the first mistake.  The 2nd and greater one was Cheney thinking Iraq would be transformed into a dusty Indiana six months after conquest.

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 14, 2015, 12:06:48 AM

"Gotta stop that Terrorism!"

Axis of Evil! We already went through this nonsense after 9/11. Why is Art wanting to repeat those mistakes?

GravitySucks

Quote from: swordpoint9 on November 14, 2015, 12:07:15 AM
Being one who helped to restabilize it . It didn't work because Paul Bremmer fired all security and Military folks . I major fuck up !
+1. More civilians were killed by Shias vs Sunnis after the invasion, than during the invasion. We didn't target mosques.  They targeted each other's.

swordpoint9

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 14, 2015, 12:06:48 AM
I don't know but somehow 300,000 tons of Yellow cake  went to Canada to be destroyed. Syria had a large amount of stuff too  LOL

SaucyRossy

Listening to Bachelor and Bell talk about geo political issues is like peaking into the back room that very few are allowed to sit down in. It's terrible that what happened in Paris is what brought them back together to have a second discussion, but there aren't two better broadcasters in the world I'd rather listen to.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Zenman on November 14, 2015, 12:08:44 AM
It'd be nice to be an isolationist nation, worrying mainly about security within the borders. But I think it's too late for that, unfortunately.

Something about the Founding Fathers warning against “foreign entanglements”?

albrecht

Holger Dansk and the Golem is going to uprise against it!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: swordpoint9 on November 14, 2015, 12:10:02 AM
I don't know but somehow 300,000 tons of Yellow cake  went to Canada to be destroyed. Syria had a large amount of stuff too  LOL

It sure got Khaddafi convinced to give his shit up.

bateman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 14, 2015, 12:10:35 AM
Listening to Bachelor and Bell talk about geo political issues is like peaking into the back room that very few are allowed to sit down in. It's terrible that what happened in Paris is what brought them back together to have a second discussion, but there aren't two better broadcasters in the world I'd rather listen to.

+1

starrmtn001

Quote from: norland2424 on November 14, 2015, 12:08:53 AM
That is true lol.
Hey let's, the three of us go crash the party!  Um, on second thought, maybe not such a good idea. ;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Zenman on November 14, 2015, 12:08:44 AM

We never could do that, sadly. It's far too late now though.

swordpoint9

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 14, 2015, 12:10:35 AM
Something about the Founding Fathers warning against “foreign entanglements”?
Jefferson put My Marine Corps in Tripoli against the Islamist of His day LOL !

Uncle Duke

Heather--

Would love to hear Mr Batchelor on as a monthly guest with Art.  He's bright, articluate, and knows his way around a microphone.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 14, 2015, 12:12:37 AM
Heather--

Would love to hear Mr Batchelor on as a monthly guest with Art.  He's bright, articluate, and knows his way around a microphone.

I agree, that was an excellent discussion.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 14, 2015, 12:05:25 AM
Not just us. Every Western nation. We haven't got the intestinal tools anymore. We need an anti-terror version of Curtis LeMay.
Ha ha ha...   Gotta agree with you on that !

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 14, 2015, 12:02:59 AM
Nah, he's not that simple.  That's over-simplifying his perspective.  Art's a guy who's been around a long, long time.  He's learned a lot and I, for one, am always interested in hearing what he has to say when tshtf like this.

True.  I too appreciate hearing his wise opinions, but lose interest when he occasionally returns to his
let's nuke 'em mode.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: swordpoint9 on November 14, 2015, 12:12:31 AM
Jefferson put My Marine Corps in Tripoli against the Islamist of His day LOL !

History's a bitch!  Well done Marine.