• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151104 - Deborah Moffitt - A True Haunting - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 04, 2015, 06:01:11 PM

K_Dubb

Was trying to figure out the chart Art referenced that's supposed to show an isosceles triangle blocking the star's light.  I see one nice, almost-symmetrical dip that might work out to a recognizable shape for someone who can do the geometry but that's followed by a lot of random junk.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 06, 2015, 11:22:45 AM
THANK YOU.

OK, I'm done. I'm late listening to this show and I was hoping to read some halfway engaged comments over here, but wow, it's all squatty potties and Mouse Hunt all up in this thread. WHAT'S HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE??

;)

Hey Seraphim, welcome back! I've noticed it too. I hope it gets better.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 06, 2015, 12:02:02 PM
Was trying to figure out the chart Art referenced that's supposed to show an isosceles triangle blocking the star's light.  I see one nice, almost-symmetrical dip that might work out to a recognizable shape for someone who can do the geometry but that's followed by a lot of random junk.

It's graph C, which is a close up of the event in the top graph at roughly day 800.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2015, 01:40:48 PM
It's graph C, which is a close up of the event in the top graph at roughly day 800.

Yeah I got that, but from the mess at the end of the chart it's not like it's a single coherent body orbiting the star.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 06, 2015, 01:47:50 PM
Yeah I got that, but from the mess at the end of the chart it's not like it's a single coherent body orbiting the star.

Only the day 800 event is coherent in that it's monolithic with an unusually smooth curve that indicates that whatever it was is smoothly triangular. The rest grouped around day 1500 are multiple objects.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2015, 02:04:37 PM
Only the day 800 event is coherent in that it's monolithic with an unusually smooth curve that indicates that whatever it was is smoothly triangular. The rest grouped around day 1500 are multiple objects.

I'd love to see how the curve at day 800 translates into a triangular object.  I forget the name of the calculation but I think Tyson referenced it when he was on with Art, and it involves a square root which I think makes curves like that regardless of the shape.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 06, 2015, 02:12:58 PM
I'd love to see how the curve at day 800 translates into a triangular object.  I forget the name of the calculation but I think Tyson referenced it when he was on with Art, and it involves a square root which I think makes curves like that regardless of the shape.

Think of it like this, the point of the triangle blocks only a small amount of light but as the triangle moves past it blocks more and more light progressively causing the sliding curve downward until it passes at the back end and then returns to normal relatively quickly. That in itself wouldn't be too odd if it were a cloud of gas and dust that happened to be triangular, but the smoothness of it all is really odd looking. Doesn't necessarily mean aliens, but it's pretty strange.

nbirnes

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2015, 02:25:55 PM
Think of it like this, the point of the triangle blocks only a small amount of light but as the triangle moves past it blocks more and more light progressively causing the sliding curve downward until it passes at the back end and then returns to normal relatively quickly. That in itself wouldn't be too odd if it were a cloud of gas and dust that happened to be triangular, but the smoothness of it all is really odd looking. Doesn't necessarily mean aliens, but it's pretty strange.

Thanks for that explanation, SciFi. I can finally see what they're describing in the chart.

Sehnzeleid

One thing I would have loved Art or a caller to ask is why was her story in the first book fictionalized? That doesn't make any sense at all. Also it's odd how she seems to have a photo for almost every big event, even her first soap message of "Talk to Me", on her website. Not to mention it goes without saying any sane person would likely bury such a crazy experience and not talk about it at all, especially if the demon/jinn/entity just "willingly" left.         

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 06, 2015, 02:25:55 PM

Yes thank you, very helpful.

henge0stone

Where did I hear this story before. I heard it on another Art Bell show, the writing in the mirror, the planting trees up side down is all familiar.  It was a good show and story though. This is a ghost story on Art Bell why are people taking it so serious.

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on November 06, 2015, 06:37:12 PM
Where did I hear this story before. I heard it on another Art Bell show, the writing in the mirror, the planting trees up side down is all familiar.  It was a good show and story though. This is a ghost story on Art Bell why are people taking it so serious.
She was on C2C with Dave Schrader Apr. 19, 2014 and I think was on his "Darkness Radio" show also sometime around that time but she had some new material and a new book out I think. It was good show.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 06, 2015, 11:22:45 AM
THANK YOU.

Also, whenever I hear Debbie on the talk radio circuit, I always hear her referencing the Warrens and some of these other people who came to check out her house and I do wish FOR ONCE that SOMEBODY would check with Lorraine Warren or Lloyd or one of the other people she name-drops and get their side of this story. Maybe Art could check with Lloyd. Too bad Evelyn Paglini isn't around anymore or she'd totally gab with Art about it. (NO BASHING EVELYN!!!)

That was the first time I've ever heard Debbie mention Evelyn Paglini. It made me feel kind of sad and sentimental. *sniff*

The one part that outrages the hell out of me is the casual, "Oh, I guess a woman got murdered by her boyfriend in the house we were renting to him ... and then he wrapped up her body in our rug ... but we didn't see it in the paper, so LET'S NOT CALL THE POLICE!" It comes across even more casually in the book. It leaves me open-mouthed and angry every time. I'm glad one caller got through on this show and at least said something to that effect. And Debbie's ongoing reluctance to check into that with law enforcement IS the one thing (ironically, given all the giant foam insulation heads and soapy djinn commands and the sudden magical appearance of an ancient spear) that kind of makes me think she just sat down with a giant bottle of tequila one day and wrote the most epic "we lived with evil" story ever.

OK, I'm done. I'm late listening to this show and I was hoping to read some halfway engaged comments over here, but wow, it's all squatty potties and Mouse Hunt all up in this thread. WHAT'S HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE??

;)

Hey there, Sera. Good to see you again. Hope everything's ok with you. Basically, I just listen in my car to and fro work and that's about it. Makes the time fly.  ;)

I agree about having Lloyd Auerback corroborate her story. It'd be interesting to hear his take on it. Part of me remains cynical and thinks that of course people can't get rid of it because they're all bs artists, but then again, freaky stuff does happen. I've seen it happen, so maybe this was something beyond their capabilities to deal with. Evelyn Paglini will always remain a badass, and you get that impression from Deborah too, that Evelyn did everything she could to help them get rid of it and when that didn't work, to protect themselves.

One thing that disturbed me too was the lack of followup regarding the tenant's girlfriend who allegedly was found beaten to death. Wouldn't any sane person want to know if this was true just to see that justice was served? I don't get this cavalier lack of interest in a murder at all. Really weird. Yeah, maybe a big bottle of tequila was involved. 

CornyCrow

This was a fascinating show.  Funny, that Paglini called the entity a diety and not demon and that setting aside a private room for the worship of the thing might bring them much good fortune.  Then, she called up and said someone in the house was inviting it to stay.

THey think the thing was a Santoria diety, and was called up by a previous worker in the house. 

A fellow calls up and says the thing is a Iblis, an Islamic jinn - as identified by it's signet, the triangle with a tail. 

So, the only way they got rid of it was a combination of Debbie telling it to go and the house guest volunteering to take it with him.  I wonder what the Islamic instances of confrontations with this thing are like, and if in Islam they have people who can exorcise them? 

Or, maybe in Santoria practice there are those who can remove them?  Did they try Santoria to remove this thing? 

ZomZom

As much as I enjoyed this story, as time passes I'm wondering why a supernatural DEITY would spend its time hanging out in Rancho Cucamonga with the likes of Deb?  Promised soul or not, some rain checks aren't worth cashing in.

BattyBrooke

I've returned from hiatus just to rant about Mrs. Moffit. She NEVER said how/when/why Mr. Entity left!!!! She got all the way up to the point where some "inferior being" (man) wanted it to go with him, but the entity refused the offer. Then, the story never furthered! What in thee actual hell?!?! Also, when some caller said he works with people being plagued by such entities and would like to know HOW she found out WHO was keeping the entity there (her father-in-law), her answer was that the entity refused to leave with the lonely gentleman (the inferior being). What?!?! That had nothing to do with the question! The answer should have been Evlyn Paglini was able to decipher who was keeping the entity there and I don't know how she did it and I cannot ask her because she is dead! Lastly, the caller from Las Vegas (Chaz?) was creepier than any part of Moffit's story. I swear he made the call wearing human skin and a tutu.

I can't believe that story was allowed to end without one single person, including my beloved Art, asking "How the fuck and when the fuck did Mr. Entity leave/get gone/skidaddle????

BattyBrooke

Quote from: albrecht on November 06, 2015, 06:49:32 PM
She was on C2C with Dave Schrader Apr. 19, 2014 and I think was on his "Darkness Radio" show also sometime around that time but she had some new material and a new book out I think. It was good show.

Not to be a know-it-all but she wasn't she on Schrader's show, Darkness Radio, first? He's brought many new guests to C2C after interviewing them first on his show, and those interviews (on his show) are way better. Still, I don;t recall her saying on his show how the hell the entity left. *see my most recent post/rant on that*

Ciardelo

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 13, 2015, 06:57:37 PM
I've returned from hiatus just to rant...

...How the fuck and when the fuck did Mr. Entity leave/get gone/skidaddle????
Have YOU been to Rancho Cucamonga?

chefist

Half way through...Deb said Lorraine Warren was a bit of a witch! LOL  :D Deb said Ed was a nice guy....

Did the demon leave? No....so the big question? how did the demon leave? we still don't know...

Quote from: Designx on November 04, 2015, 11:38:30 PM
That roofing commercial shouldn't be allowed to use the thunderclap sound. It pisses me off everytime I hear it and it isn't the show returning from the break.

It's not the same thunder clap that art uses.  They shouldn't be "allowed"?  It's advertisers that support the show.