• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151014 - Steven Greer - Disclosure - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 14, 2015, 08:34:40 PM

henge0stone

Greer is so full of crap its painful to listen too. His basic premise of the government trying to make us afraid of Aliens is so flawed on so many levels.

Your telling me the Government is faking abductions to make people afraid of Aliens? Why not just say Aliens are real and stop laughing at people who claim they were abducted? If you're faking evidence to make people afraid of Aliens why is the government not funding a program looking into UFOs and abductions publicly? Why is the UFO field a laughing stock in in the media? If the Aliens are the new 'enemy' the Military is trying to make than why doesn't the government just acknowledge them as a threat? That would be more scary than making a fake abduction ruse that no one in the serious media believes anyway.

albrecht

Quote from: henge0stone on October 15, 2015, 04:29:36 PM
Greer is so full of crap its painful to listen too. His basic premise of the government trying to make us afraid of Aliens is so flawed on so many levels.

Your telling me the Government is faking abductions to make people afraid of Aliens? Why not just say Aliens are real and stop laughing at people who claim they were abducted? If you're faking evidence to make people afraid of Aliens why is the government not funding a program looking into UFOs and abductions publicly? Why is the UFO field a laughing stock in in the media? If the Aliens are the new 'enemy' the Military is trying to make than why doesn't the government just acknowledge them as a threat? That would be more scary than making a fake abduction ruse that no one in the serious media believes anyway.
Haven't you listened? People like Greer are like "Jews being goose-stepped into ovens?"  >:(  Jeez. Hyperbole, a bit, Doctor?

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Art Bell on October 15, 2015, 02:07:19 AM
Just for the record I hit the dump button on the caller who was talking about name dropping because I thought I heard some bad word BUT I instructed Keith to leave it in for the archives because there were no bad words. Sorry about that.

Art

Time Traveler and listened today... I'm sorry but something does not add up.

In one segment he is discussing a top secret level engineer abandoning a project after threats to himself, his wife and family. Then, he turns around and says that the people he is associated with have told him that him and his family are safe. So, am I to believe that these well-placed people protecting Greer and his family will not extend the protection to others? Is Greer so important?

pumaman

Quote from: demosthenes131 on October 16, 2015, 03:53:18 PM

In one segment he is discussing a top secret level engineer abandoning a project after threats to himself, his wife and family. Then, he turns around and says that the people he is associated with have told him that him and his family are safe. So, am I to believe that these well-placed people protecting Greer and his family will not extend the protection to others? Is Greer so important?

Yes I wondered the same thing.  There were other inconsistencies which i cant remember.  I mean beyond the massive paranoia and conspiracy theory stuff.  He left me with a sour taste in my mouth.  If he comes back, I think i'll skip it.

Quote from: pumaman on October 16, 2015, 06:02:08 PM
Yes I wondered the same thing.  There were other inconsistencies which i cant remember.  I mean beyond the massive paranoia and conspiracy theory stuff.  He left me with a sour taste in my mouth.  If he comes back, I think i'll skip it.

I was always a bit skeptical of Greer. When I hosted my own show 3 or so years ago I always preferred Stephen Bassett. Just more grounded with the whole disclosure stuff. He had nothing to really sell. Greer seems to be whoring a whole lists of products.

K_Dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on October 15, 2015, 11:43:46 AM

I try to think of this stuff as a mass inoculation programme against credulity.

That, sir, is a beautiful concept as well as a beautiful turn of phrase which I will appropriate immediately.

AppealPlay

Quote from: demosthenes131 on October 16, 2015, 03:53:18 PM

If you ask Greer he would say he is the most important person in the world.

Waco Kid

Quote from: Rocky4228 on October 15, 2015, 03:44:48 AM
Darn.  I...swear I didn't swear.  Thanks for the clarification, Art.

I know I'm two months late to the party on this...

This was probably the funniest moment I've ever heard on Art Bell. I keep going over it my head. It was perfect. Greer had been getting on my nerves with slipping in how he'd been an emergency room doctor every chance he could and his experience with head injuries and then all his characteristic name dropping. I just wanted to slap the guy.

And then this caller comes along...

"Hi Art. I was just wondering if Dr. Greer could help me with the severe head injury I received from all the name-dropping that he's been doing." (or something like that)

I laughed my ass off. If only Art had heard it right and appreciated it for what it was: the perfect lampoon of a most-deserving target. Yessssss. Deeply satisfying. And so frickin' funny.

Thanks, Rocky. You da man!  8)