• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on January 14, 2017, 04:56:45 AM
Welcome back, Jaz.  We've missed you. :-*

Let's not go mad here. We noticed his absence. Some regretted it, some rejoiced.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 14, 2017, 05:09:11 AM
Let's not go mad here. We noticed his absence. Some regretted it, some rejoiced.

Rejoice it is then. I think this special occasion calls for a Bee Gees' song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgAj4cNee4

hitfan

How many people here believe that Art Bell will ever come back?

Ciardelo

Quote from: hitfan on January 16, 2017, 01:30:35 PM
He's coming back at midnight and it's 11:59

We all need a saviour and we're running out of time

https://youtu.be/RugFDbAXhZY

SergeantMajor

Quote from: hitfan on January 16, 2017, 01:30:35 PM

The S.S. Bell sailed out of port to the undying lands. Like it or not HW is successor

norland2424

Quote from: Sergeant Major on January 16, 2017, 07:10:27 PM
The S.S. Bell sailed out of port to the undying lands. Like it or not HW is successor

jazmunda

Quote from: norland2424 on January 16, 2017, 07:21:21 PM

And this was BellGab ....

The S.S. BS Bell sailed out of port to the undying lands. Like it or not HW is successor

FIFY

Firefighter

Quote from: jaz on January 16, 2017, 07:40:54 PM

That made me laugh out loud

Quote from: jaz on January 16, 2017, 07:40:54 PM

So join us here each day, my friend, you're sure to get a smile
from a 100 stranded castaways here on Bellgab Isle.

miamiron

Art is still dealing with the assassin who continues to do drive by shootings

[attachment id=1 msg=989905]

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 08:22:41 PM

Both those were awesome. The original boat crash with the chicks in bikinis and the historical one below it with your song version.  ;D ;)
If I was more clever I could've made a whole BG version of the great Sherwood Schwarz theme song, using characters from radio shows, BG members, stalkers, etc. I'm sure someone here could.

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2017, 08:37:43 PM
Both those were awesome. The original boat crash with the chicks in bikinis and the historical one below it with your song version.  ;D ;)
If I was more clever I could've made a whole BG version of the great Sherwood Schwarz theme song, using characters from radio shows, BG members, stalkers, etc. I'm sure someone here could.

Thanks, I'm too lazy to work on the whole theme song.  I just had a moment of inspiration and it came to me in a jif.

dan7800

The bigger question is not IF Art is coming back, but if he did then who would really care?

He has quit so many times, more drama would be inevitable.

Quote from: dan7800 on January 16, 2017, 09:22:50 PM
The bigger question is not IF Art is coming back, but if he did then who would really care?

Art enjoys a good several months long trolling.

It's probably that thick skin of his.

SergeantMajor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 08:22:41 PM

Oh damn, laughed so hard I snorted coffee out the nose! Good one!

jazmunda

I'd listen and I'd subscribe too. I'm pretty sure I'm done with trailer making and advertising though.

Yorkshire pud

He's too busy suing someone isn't he?

Daddy got a boat and hoe's?

Quote from: jaz on January 16, 2017, 10:11:28 PM
I'd listen and I'd subscribe too. I'm pretty sure I'm done with trailer making and advertising though.

You'd make a trailer if he asked. You know you would.

I'd listen and subscibe, but my expectations would be it wouldn't last long. Didn't Art mention in that ham radio podcast he was considering doing a weekly podcast. That would be his best option and make it free.

jazmunda

Quote from: justinisawesome on January 16, 2017, 10:47:58 PM
You'd make a trailer if he asked. You know you would.

I'd listen and subscibe, but my expectations would be it wouldn't last long. Didn't Art mention in that ham radio podcast he was considering doing a weekly podcast. That would be his best option and make it free.

I guess you know me better than I know myself.

littlechris

Didn't Art mention in that ham radio podcast he was considering doing a weekly podcast. That would be his best option and make it free.

First I heard of this. I'd definitely listen in.  Art, can you speak on this please?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Justin003 on January 16, 2017, 10:55:58 PM
First I heard of this. I'd definitely listen in.  Art, can you speak on this please?
Last I heard, he went to Hawaii to look for the stalker.

Quote from: Justin003 on January 16, 2017, 10:55:58 PM

Yes Art, please discuss.  We believe everything you say.

albrecht

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 16, 2017, 11:23:41 PM
Last I heard, he went to Hawaii to look for the stalker.
I hope he hijacks the Hawaii studio that iHate build for Norry, but Tommie will never let him go there because he keeps him so busy with "big events," and decides to broadcast an epic "Dreamland" live broadcast, barricaded in, with a full power, world-wide, flame-thrower signal and resists Hawaii Five-O SWAT and any new-age Norry listener cat-lady's or burnt out surfers turned guru's attempts to stop it. And lays it all out and brings back guests who have had to go into hiding, or fake their deaths, post Art's reign and the quittings: Mel, Malachi, Kathleen Keating, Bugs, and callers- Mr.Fidget, even Charlie the Liberal, etc. Obviously LMH will seek refuge there once Norry realizes what is going on and will make a desperate attempt to grab her. RCH and the Deyos can advise about the space and volcanic implications of said seizure and broadcast. It will be fun time!!

Ciardelo

Quote from: albrecht on January 16, 2017, 11:53:31 PM
I hope he hijacks the Hawaii studio that iHate build for Norry, but Tommie will never let him go there because he keeps him so busy with "big events," and decides to broadcast an epic "Dreamland" live broadcast, barricaded in, with a full power, world-wide, flame-thrower signal and resists Hawaii Five-O SWAT and any new-age Norry listener cat-lady's or burnt out surfers turned guru's attempts to stop it. And lays it all out and brings back guests who have had to go into hiding, or fake their deaths, post Art's reign and the quittings: Mel, Malachi, Kathleen Keating, Bugs, and callers- Mr.Fidget, even Charlie the Liberal, etc. Obviously LMH will seek refuge there once Norry realizes what is going on and will make a desperate attempt to grab her. RCH and the Deyos can advise about the space and volcanic implications of said seizure and broadcast. It will be fun time!!
Truly awesome! A guy can dream, can't he?

(I'll have what he's having please)

Nobody

Quote from: News Justin on January 16, 2017, 10:16:34 PM
He's too busy suing someone isn't he?

Supposedly.  One account dating from early last month lists A. Bell and his wife as co-plaintiffs and says that they have "filed suit."

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/160340/art-and-airyn-bell-sue-michael-savage-for-defamati

However, I am not clear on how long it typically takes for a suit to actually make it to court in the US legal system.  Weeks?  Months?  Years?  Offhand, I wouldn't think that there would be much in the way of so-called discovery in this particular case, but who knows?

Here's the best bit:

"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers,"

"Strongly considering." What an interesting phrase.  Well, right now,  I am "strongly considering" heading off to Mars before the week is out.  Anyone care to place any bets on my getting there?

However, giving him the benefit of the doubt, I would love to know who he thinks would be willing to put a 71-year-old man with COPD and a well-known history of, shall we say, abrupt departures in front of a microphone at this point.  The mind boggles.

Nobody

Didn't Art mention in that ham radio podcast he was considering doing a weekly podcast. That would be his best option and make it free.

To help put that remark into context, it dates from 10 months ago:

http://www.qsotoday.com/podcasts/w6obb

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 16, 2017, 08:49:23 PM
I just had a moment of inspiration and it came to me in a jif.

Many are called. Few are chosen.