• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Scully on December 14, 2013, 04:23:42 AM
I enjoyed Dave Schrader, and thought the guest did a pretty good job sharing his paranormal experiences, especially for someone who has a book out and probably didn't want to give away too many spoiler details.  As usual, a good spooky guest segment led to lots of callers with their own ghostly adventures.

Taylor's music was something else ... not for me, thanks.  And the commercials by Jorch were jarring on what I'd hoped would be a Noory-free night.

I'll be checking into "Darkness Radio," Schrader's 5 nights a week, 3 hour show, something I've been meaning to do anyway.

There may be hope after all.  Schrader was SUCH a relief from Johnny B.'s efforts.  8)
I  missed Taylor which is really too bad... I like his music (at least when I am in the right mood...)  I will listen to that portion Sunday and have high hopes. 

The call in portion was really well done and shows that as much as the average quality of calls may have slipped a little that the host has a lot to do with the perception.  Dave Schrader did a great job letting callers talk, asking questions and even kept them on the line and asked follow up questions (I cannot recall the last time Dave Noory allowed somebody to hang on the line after he started talking.)

I have a very special place for this song in my life and am a real fan of Apocalyptica as well (who does not love Swedish heavy metal cello?).  Well written and very well performed.  I used to read the youtube comments that suggested that it was against religion but my take is that it is against hypocrisy and evil (veiled in religion or otherwise...)  I love the part that suggests that the innocence that was stolen found a way to live despite everything.  The lyrics seem to take away some of the power that victim hood suggests.  Meh, whatever... here it is.

Apocalyptica featuring Corey Taylor - I'm Not Jesus

MikeJ

Quote from: Scully on December 14, 2013, 04:23:42 AM
I enjoyed Dave Schrader, and thought the guest did a pretty good job sharing his paranormal experiences, especially for someone who has a book out and probably didn't want to give away too many spoiler details.  As usual, a good spooky guest segment led to lots of callers with their own ghostly adventures.

Taylor's music was something else ... not for me, thanks.  And the commercials by Jorch were jarring on what I'd hoped would be a Noory-free night.

I'll be checking into "Darkness Radio," Schrader's 5 nights a week, 3 hour show, something I've been meaning to do anyway.

There may be hope after all.  Schrader was SUCH a relief from Johnny B.'s efforts.  8)

I have been listening to Schrader since his last guest spot on C2C, and I really like his show.  I am on the East Coast, so I can even listen to most of his show and still get some sleep.  I was not that into the show last night, but I don't ascribe that to Dave.  I just didn't find the guest very interesting.

Schrader is back on Saturday night...
Now him as a Saturday night host full time would bring some fun back to the weekends again

cweb

thought he did a great job with Corey Taylor and Open Lines last time. still have to go back and listen to his first show.

might start calling him "good Dave" to differentiate from the Boory.

zeebo

I think I'll give the "Good Dave" a shot tonite, sounds like it could be kind of a fun show.

georgesucks

Spirit Encounters/ Weird World
Sat 12-28

Filling in for John B. Wells, guest host Dave Schrader (email) welcomes Kim Russo, known as "Kim The Happy Medium," who'll discuss her encounters with the spirit world in the first half of the show. Then, author and lecturer John Tenney will talk about angelic and ghostly incidents, and factions of the paranormal and how they intertwine to create our weird world.
Art Bell: Somewhere in Time
Sat 12-28

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 4/3/96, a show featuring Open Lines that covered such topics as Roswell fragments, a deadly plane crash, and the Quickening.

I am listening and I am liking Dave Schrader. He's engaged, knows his stuff and is asking good questions, and it's paranormal rather than paranoia. This is the first Saturday I've listened to C2C since Ian left and Wells had his first show. I am so tired of Well's conspiracy schtick by now it's been forever since I listened on Saturday night.

Gnoory, I know you read these threads. Take this as a BIG hint. Keep this guy and let Wells have all the time in the world for his Caravan to BS podcast.

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 29, 2013, 12:30:59 AM
I am listening and I am liking Dave Schrader. He's engaged, knows his stuff and is asking good questions, and it's paranormal rather than paranoia. This is the first Saturday I've listened to C2C since Ian left and Wells had his first show. I am so tired of Well's conspiracy schtick by now it's been forever since I listened on Saturday night.

Gnoory, I know you read these threads. Take this as a BIG hint. Keep this guy and let Wells have all the time in the world for his Caravan to BS podcast.

I'm just enjoying hearing a host that unlike JBW doesn't have a minimum of 8 commas, 4 semi-colons, 2 dashes, and an interrobang in each sentence.

ZHero

Yeah, I heard JBW had to take the time off to get the bolts on his neck tightened.  ;D

Scully

I have at last found another paranormal radio host I really like, and he is Dave Schrader. I didn't think I would live to say those words.

After last night's performance by Katherine Albrecht who ranged from people who have problems with cursing, either their own or others', to people who have problems getting rid of mice in their homes, I once again despaired.

I've liked Dave Schrader every time he's hosted, but I thought that HAD to soon change if he were allowed to continue.  Maybe not, though.  One thing that helps is that the weekend producers are different.  He mentioned Gina (who I've heard other compliments for) and one other who was unknown to me. 

Is it really possible that Dave S. is going to also be the fill-in for Knapp tomorrow?  Will wonders ever cease?  Tonight I feel hope again. I hope the gods of radio don't notice.  ;) 

valdez

Quote from: c337pilot on December 28, 2013, 10:41:47 PM
Filling in for John B. Wells, guest host Dave Schrader (email) welcomes Kim Russo, known as "Kim The Happy Medium," who'll discuss her encounters with the spirit world in the first half of the show. Then, author and lecturer John Tenney will talk about angelic and ghostly incidents, and factions of the paranormal and how they intertwine to create our weird world.
Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 29, 2013, 12:30:59 AM
I am listening and I am liking Dave Schrader.
Quote from: zeebo on December 29, 2013, 01:53:27 AM
...a host that unlike JBW doesn't have a minimum of 8 commas, 4 semi-colons, 2 dashes, and an interrobang in each sentence.
Quote from: Scully on December 29, 2013, 04:26:34 AM
I have at last found another paranormal radio host I really like, and he is Dave Schrader.

Schrader is definitely up for the task.  I liked his "floogle hopper (?) Jesus in the woods" story.  I always like "floogle hopper (?) Jesus in the woods" stories.  Tomorrow’s "dead bigfoot" show should be interesting.  Will Schrader ask the tough questions these bigfoot folks need to be asked?  I hope he will.

Quote from: valdez on December 29, 2013, 06:00:46 AM
    Schrader is definitely up for the task.  I liked his "floogle hopper (?) Jesus in the woods" story.  I always like "floogle hopper (?) Jesus in the woods" stories.  Tomorrow’s "dead bigfoot" show should be interesting.  Will Schrader ask the tough questions these bigfoot folks need to be asked?  I hope he will.
A few months ago, I discovered Schrader's show as an Internet podcast. Good for him, he is good at what he does and the PremRat powers noticed and are giving him a shot. He's a talent.
As for tonight's "I shot Bigfoot" show - didn't Art have a classic episode with a grizzled old hunter named "Bugs" who claimed to have shot a BF in Texas? Eventually proven to be a hoax?? Anyone remember?

ItsOver

Quote from: mcclellanrobert on December 29, 2013, 08:21:17 AM
A few months ago, I discovered Schrader's show as an Internet podcast. Good for him, he is good at what he does and the PremRat powers noticed and are giving him a shot. He's a talent.
As for tonight's "I shot Bigfoot" show - didn't Art have a classic episode with a grizzled old hunter named "Bugs" who claimed to have shot a BF in Texas? Eventually proven to be a hoax?? Anyone remember?

I remember the Bugs bigfoot show.  Classic Art.  I don't remember the details but I believe Bugs claimed he buried the BF somewhere in the woods. 

I caught a little of Schrader last night.  I wasn't impressed with the guest but Schrader didn't sound bad.  Certainly much better than either Wells or Jorch.  I'd have to listen to him longer to form a better opinion but my initial reaction was it would be nice to have a little more "edge" but I'd still take Good Dave any day of the week over Wells or Bad Dave.

Sambo

My sentiments are the same.

zeebo

Quote from: valdez on December 29, 2013, 06:00:46 AM
I always like "floogle hopper (?) Jesus in the woods" stories. 

I can't wait for the movie!

Gd5150

Another idiot claiming he shot Bigfoot with no body. This clown was on "monsters & mysteries in America" as well as some lame Bigfoot documentary on NatGeo a few months ago. Amazing they were able to make a movie on this without any of the story ever making the news. Tonight's show = waste of time.

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 27, 2013, 08:23:57 AM
Schrader is back on Saturday night...
Now him as a Saturday night host full time would bring some fun back to the weekends again

YES!  YES!  YES!!!

DAVE ON SATURDAYS, PLEASE!     8)

Morgus

Is 'ole "Bugs" back again on c2c tonight to tell his story of shooting a couple bigfeet with his hunting pals, like he told Art Bell many times before?

tweet75

there has probably never been a coast host with as much knowledge on the topics at hand than Dave Schrader.  he seemed to know more  than the guests on many things! ( without being condecening just engaging) His questions were very well thought out and Very engaging. As I listened i fantasized listening to him mon through friday replacing Noory. Than i looked at the coast schedule noorys back tomorrow :(

Sambo

Robin Speronis 

The off grid lady in Florida. Not too much on the webz about her story

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Top_5_Exotic_Free_Energy_Technologies

FREEEEEEEEEDOM!

zeebo

Free energy guy started out sounding promising and then got real flaky-sounding and slipped into the old "we're on the verge of a change in social consciousness" cliche coupled with "we can overcome the powers-that-be if we just wake up" schtick again.   And I think I heard him make a casual mention that cold fusion is gonna be hitting markets within a year.  Sure, no biggie, it's a done deal just like next year's new toaster models.

Sambo

It did remind me of the infomercials that come on after c2c

He also was eluding to the need for money, but tried to word it very carefully.

Best thing to do is research the website and branch out based on that info.  I don't want to dismiss it entirely. He is correct about self fulfilling prophecy

discovering and proliferating new energy technologies couldn't come sooner.

ZHero

Awesome! Kill Bill bumper music! ;D

ZHero

Damn this guy, Justin Smeja, is one sick puppy.  First he says he shoots one of the adult bigfoots, then he shot one of the children. And is laughing about it.  Even if he IS hoaxing this all, he is one profane individual......

Gd5150

This guy is completely full of shit. If you go out hunting you shoot what you're licensed to hunt for. If you shoot something else you're breaking the law. This idiot supposedly shoots a bipedal? And then shots a baby? Fortunately he's lying. He lied on finding Bigfoot, even they called him a hoaxer. He lied on mysteries in America, and he lied on the the lame natgeo Bigfoot documentary.

The producer knows Bigfoot is real even though he's never seen one. Um ok.

It's funny how the hoaxers always have a video to sell, ALWAYS. Even Noory would've given these idiots less than an hour.

Justin (the guest who shot the bigfoot) has to be thinking "WTF, you told me he would ask a few simple questions and if they traveled through portals." Instead he gets browbeat into an apology on the radio.

Quote from: Sambo on December 30, 2013, 12:32:34 AM
Robin Speronis 
The off grid lady in Florida. Not too much on the webz about her story
FREEEEEEEEEDOM!

They probably went over and busted her for some kind of strange animal laws like keeping too many chickens without whatever health controls they require.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 30, 2013, 02:57:39 AM
They probably went over and busted her for some kind of strange animal laws like keeping too many chickens without whatever health controls they require.

No way man they went after her for a revolutionary mindset that threatens the system.  (I'm sure JB Wells could explain, in several run-on sentences involving chemtrails and drones and rfid tags.)  Jeez I hope they don't come after me for my solar-powered radio.

MTB

I really like how Schrader isn't letting up at all on this clown.

So far I like Good Dave, but I could only listen to the first hour until the guest told us all to put a solar panel on the roof to "fool" the powers that be.  Hmmmmmmmm....

Tuned back in to the second guest to hear him talk about shooting a baby bigfoot...I was lost....

A Johnny B guest and a Bad Dave guest.  I'll have to listen to a different show.   ::)