• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Barack Obama, the President of America

Started by Rudolf Zlabinger, August 20, 2014, 08:51:36 PM

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Bart Ell on August 22, 2014, 06:06:22 PM
The gaping asshole with a double shot!
Really?  "double shot"? C'mon, how could you leave a hanging curve like that out there?

NowhereInTime

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 06:08:39 PM
I can't fight with everyone.
Nor would I ever suggest you do so.  I am just sick of Bart bullying people.  So I will put up with his crap until he gets bored and wanders off.

Bart Ell

The gaping asshole has diarrhea.
Don't blame him, he can't help himself.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Bart Ell on August 22, 2014, 06:37:36 PM
The gaping asshole has diarrhea.
Don't blame him, he can't help himself.
Fine. Whatever.

"Your kung fu is stronger".

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on August 21, 2014, 06:27:33 PM
If Obama had taken action in Syria and not left the Iraqi's high and dry then IS would never have taken such a foothold in those countries. You can argue about whether the US should be the world's police or blame Bush for the mess to begin with but it is what it is and Obama bailed and in the vacuum IS was born.
I'd like to see the Arab League do something for a change. They could have done something about Assad. They didn't. They never do. Instead everyone expects the USA to take the lead. No wonder our county is in bad shape. We tried to "fix" Afghanistan. Cheaper to fix the moon.

onan

Quote from: jazmunda on August 22, 2014, 04:41:06 AM
I'm actually more centrist with some left leanings and some right leanings. I guess I am open minded and it depends on a particular issue and I am open to having my opinion changed if new facts arise.

Having witnessed the behaviour of some on the board recently I have to say the left are the ones behaving wingnutty and resorting to childish tactics and playing the man and not the issue. Name calling is one such tactic and you have performed admirably. Your team will be so proud.

You really are not paying attention.

SciFiAuthor

I'm actually more centrist with some left leanings and some right leanings. I guess I am open minded and it depends on a particular issue and I am open to having my opinion changed if new facts arise.

Having witnessed the behaviour of some on the board recently I have to say the left are the ones behaving wingnutty and resorting to childish tactics and playing the man and not the issue. Name calling is one such tactic and you have performed admirably. Your team will be so proud.

It's called the US descending into politics that bear no resemblance to reality because of cultural and political corruption. It's cultural entropy, the period where power degrades into chaos and decline because reasonable has left our vocabulary. As I recall you're Australian, so please develop nukes and take the lead in the world before China or Isis does. Thanks in advance for preventing the next dark ages. 

analog kid

I haven't really been paying attention, and didn't realize how bad the mud slinging has gotten.

Yikes.

NowhereInTime

I think, to be fair, there is a lot of mudslinging here.  I also think, to be fair, there is a lot of behavior that isn't called out by too many people on this forum.

There has been far too much racial code lately.  If necessary, I will research and post but, let's be really honest; we all know exactly what I'm describing. (Does the phrase "Al Jolson smile" ring any bells?)

Am I suppose to give it a pass?  I'm sorry, but it offends my core beliefs to denigrate others to bolster my own station.  I believe in equality of opportunity and justice for all.  I resent the "wink and nod" culture of tacit agreement that racial minorities are minor in character, intelligence, and integrity as well as population.

Until some of you overlords of Bellgab start calling that behavior out, you lack any credibility calling out the passioned responses of liberals on these boards.

As for me and Quick Karl?  That's just a running shit show.  I answered the "who started it" crapola in response to a post from Little Hater, but I suppose that's not really relevant. 

What is, however, is the notion that I should sit in silence and turn the other cheek as I am slapped and spit upon?  I'm sorry, but that stance has been portrayed in this country as "weakness" and it has cost us entire elections.  So for me, personally, no more.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 22, 2014, 04:22:51 PM
Wow-see-wow-wow.  So you don't even read your own supporting information?  Here's the text in your post, just for you:

"In his influential Commentaries on the Constitution, Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story ([Supreme Court Justice from] 1811-1845; the intellectual mate of Chief Justice John Marshall)"

And here's a little blurb from Wikipedia:

"[Story] is most remembered...for his magisterial Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, first published in 1833. Dominating the field in the 19th century, this work is a cornerstone of early American jurisprudence. It is the second comprehensive treatise on the provisions of the U.S. Constitution and remains a critical source of historical information about the forming of the American republic and the early struggles to define its law."

"Some obscure judge," you say?  Jesus Fucking Christ.  By the way, here's something else you wrote in that post: "...you may want to think about not commenting on things you know so little about. "  Talk about ironic!

Here's what you claimed it was about, also from that thread: 

I spent hundreds of words and several posts explaining why you were wrong, using your own fuckin source.  I proved conclusively that incompetence was NOT included.  Now you're pretending that none of that happened and that you are still right.  How is "reasonable discourse" possible with someone as dishonest as you?

Ok, you've outpointed me in this one.  I don't feel like going back over it with you, so congratulations.

But the original point was 'high crimes and misdemeanors' is not limited to crimes per the penal code, and that Barry has committed impeachable offenses. 

It's also a fact that there isn't the interest or the votes to convict in a Senate trial. 

He ought to resign. 

Here's a guy with what, 30% support issuing decrees, ignoring laws he doesn't like, threatening to do more of it.  Against the will of the American people.  It's not that he's massively popular and being stopped from doing what the country wants and needs by technicalities, although that's what he would have us believe.  Just the opposite, he's an ideologue who is going to press ahead with his fundamental change agenda, regardless.  Just the type of chief executive the framers of the Constitution would have us remove.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2014, 03:56:24 PM
Ok, you've outpointed me in this one.  I don't feel like going back over it with you, so congratulations.

Dude...this is not about winning or losing -- at least not to me.  It's about trying to inform you that your facts are wrong.

If that's what's making you so resistant to accepting the truth -- that you think I'm "winning" some kind of competition by doing so -- then put it right out of your mind.  I'm trying to inform you so that you have accurate information upon which to form your opinions.  That's all. 

But the original point was 'high crimes and misdemeanors' is not limited to crimes per the penal code,

Arrrrggggg!!  Who argued otherwise?  I related what Story wrote in his book about that matter and why, specifically, it is impractical to ONLY consider violations of law as the basis for impeachment.  I not only agree on this point, I went further and explained WHY it should be that way.  I disagreed that incompetence is a basis.  It was proposed at the Convention, and Madison was instrumental in arguing against its inclusion.

and that Barry has committed impeachable offenses. 

That is a matter of opinion, not fact, and it's not shared by the Repubs in Congress who have stood foursquare in trying to obstruct Obama for six long years.  It's not even a close vote, and that's with a group that publicly declared, before Obama even took office, that their number one priority was to make Obama fail.

I don't understand why you have no animosity towards people who supply you (and others) with falsified information.  Doesn't that bother you at all, that they are lying to promote their beliefs?  Not just that they're misinformed, like you are, but that they are ACTIVELY deceiving you?  Please help me to understand you about that.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 23, 2014, 04:49:32 PM
... I don't understand why you have no animosity towards people who supply you (and others) with falsified information.  Doesn't that bother you at all, that they are lying to promote their beliefs?  Not just that they're misinformed, like you are, but that they are ACTIVELY deceiving you?  Please help me to understand you about that.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on July 29, 2014, 01:24:00 AM
...  Here is the actual quote, in its entirety, and in context:

§ 761. There are, however, reasons of great weight, besides those, which have been already alluded to, which fully justify the conclusion, that the Supreme Court is not the most appropriate tribunal to be invested with authority to try impeachments.

§ 762. In the first place, the nature of the functions to be performed. The offences, to which the power of impeachment has been, and is ordinarily applied, as a remedy, are of a political character.  Not but that crimes of a strictly legal character fall within the scope of the power, (for, as we shall presently see, treason, bribery, and other high crimes and misdemeanours are expressly within it;) but that it has a more enlarged operation, and reaches, what are aptly termed, political offences, growing out of personal misconduct, or gross neglect, or usurpation, or habitual disregard of the public interests, in the discharge of the duties of political office. These are so various in their character, and so indefinable in their actual involutions, that it is almost impossible to provide systematically for them by positive law.

Source:  Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, Volume II, Chapter X, Sections 761-762. (Yes, that is the correct title, Faria didn't get that right, either)

Story was NOT saying that the Constitution intended non-criminal acts, like getting an extramarital blowjob or incompetence, to be impeachable acts that would justify removal from office, as you and your fellow meatheads would like to believe...

I would suggest 'gross neglect' and 'habitual disregard of the public interests, in the discharge of the duties of political office' would be considered  incompetence.  You don't. 

You think making that connection is a lie and a deception.  I don't

That's about what this boils down to

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2014, 05:37:03 PM
I would suggest 'gross neglect' and 'habitual disregard of the public interests, in the discharge of the duties of political office' would be considered  incompetence.  You don't. 

You're correct that I don't believe that, and neither does anyone else who understands the concepts behind those terms.  "Neglect" and "disregard" means willful inaction where action is needed.  Incompetence means that one lacks the skills to successfully execute actions.  I suppose that one could act in a negligent manner because of incompetence, but they are not equivalent terms no matter how much you want them to be.  And I'll say it for what must be the fourth time now, in capitals this time so that you'll finally take note of it:  THE INCLUSION OF INCOMPETENCE AS A BASIS FOR IMPEACHMENT WAS PROPOSED AT THE CONVENTION, BUT LATER REMOVED FROM THAT PASSAGE AT MADISON'S URGING.  Anyone who is not a retarded four year old can see what a can of worms it would be to have "incompetence" as a basis.  There would be impeachment trials any time that both houses of Congress were controlled by the opposition party.  It would be an act of self-inflicted paralysis.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2014, 05:37:03 PM
You think making that connection is a lie and a deception.  I don't

That's about what this boils down to

Seriously, dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?  I've told you about a billion times now that your source FALSIFIED AND MISREPRESENTED THE PASSAGE HE QUOTED FROM STORY'S BOOK.  H E   F U C K I N G   L I E D   A B O U T   I T   D U D E,   F O R   H I S   O W N   P O L I T I C A L   P U R P O S E S. 

Jesus Christ, I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with knitting needles every time I read one of your posts.  What is your fucking problem?  You have your source's falsified version of the quote, and you have the ACTUAL quote, IN CONTEXT.  You can put them side by side for yourself and see this.  If you don't believe me, you can use my CITATION that I CLEARLY included in my post to LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF.  I NEVER, EVER said that believing that "gross neglect" and "habitual disregard" are equivalent terms is lying, at least not in any context that we have been considering.  Why do you keep making up shit like this?  Really, buddie, is your bag so empty of facts and supporting evidence that you have to do this kind of crap? 

Quick Karl

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 23, 2014, 08:42:01 PM
Jesus Christ, I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with knitting needles every time I read one of your posts.

If only...

b_dubb

Conservatism is a unicorn is this country

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on August 23, 2014, 08:42:01 PM
... Jesus Christ, I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes with knitting needles every time I read one of your posts.  What is your fucking problem?...

So do you think Barry is a citizen of Kenya or Indonesia?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2014, 11:09:31 PM

So do you think Barry is a citizen of Kenya or Indonesia?

Thanks.  When peeps ask why I just flame instead of engaging in "reasonable discourse" with those of your stripe, imma link this post of yours.

I miss the White Stripes, Jack hasn't quite found his footing since the breakup.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2014, 11:22:39 PM
I miss the White Stripes, Jack hasn't quite found his footing since the breakup.

You just don't give a shit, do you?

pate

I have just conducted a scientific factual analysis of the BellGab forums, the data have revealed that the President Donald J. Trump thread is more popular by a considerable margin than the Barack Obama, the President of America thread.

I would liken the considerable difference in the margin of popularity between the two threads to be akin to a landslide in proportion.

MAGA

pate

Quote from: NowhereInTime on August 23, 2014, 12:19:52 PM
I ...  I .., I ,
; we .?)  I (?)  I ,.  I .  I ,,.

you
, you.

me
?.  I , I relevant.,,  I I ?  I,.  me,,.

REVEREND!\\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyzLM4h2xTI

Bomar

Dudes and Dudettes,...

You got to listen to "Susan Lindauer", an ex-CIA Asset...

I heard her on another show, from Jul 26, 2017...

Susan Lindauer joins us to discuss her investigation into missing trillions of dollars and everything leads back to the Hilary Clinton & her crime cartel.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D65WIapeMHA  ...

Enjoy...

Bomar

It should have been obvious to those paying attention there was some sort of accomodation between Iran and al-Qaeda.  Iran sheltered bin Laden's family, they allowed funds and weapons to flow through their country to al-Qaeda's Taliban ally in Afghanistan, there don't seem to be any terror attacks in Shia Iran by any of the Sunni terror groups operating under the umbrella of the Moslem Brotherhood (such as al-Qaeda), and no Iranian sponsored Shiite attacks in places the Moslem Brotherhood offshoots operate (with the exception of Yemen - they aren't friends, just sometime strategic allies with common and opposing goals).

This was known but not acknowledged, and not much discussed.

Now we find out the traitors Obama and Kerry had documents - recovered from bin Laden's compound during the raid when he was killed - detailing the arrangements between Iran and al-Qaeda while they were dealing with Iran in order to green light their nuclear weapons and ICBM programs.  And did the agreement anyway.

Imagine the uproar and demands for trial and execution by the media, academia, Hollywood, the DC Democrats, etc, if this were any Republican.  Since it's Obama and Kerry, what do we hear from the Fake News Media?  Silence.  Disgusting.

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 03, 2017, 06:48:41 PM
It should have been obvious to those paying attention there was some sort of accomodation between Iran and al-Qaeda.  Iran sheltered bin Laden's family, they allowed funds and weapons to flow through their country to al-Qaeda's Taliban ally in Afghanistan, there don't seem to be any terror attacks in Shia Iran by any of the Sunni terror groups operating under the umbrella of the Moslem Brotherhood (such as al-Qaeda), and no Iranian sponsored Shiite attacks in places the Moslem Brotherhood offshoots operate (with the exception of Yemen - they aren't friends, just sometime strategic allies with common and opposing goals).

This was known but not acknowledged, and not much discussed.

Now we find out the traitors Obama and Kerry had documents - recovered from bin Laden's compound during the raid when he was killed - detailing the arrangements between Iran and al-Qaeda while they were dealing with Iran in order to green light their nuclear weapons and ICBM programs.  And did the agreement anyway.

Imagine the uproar and demands for trial and execution by the media, academia, Hollywood, the DC Democrats, etc, if this were any Republican.  Since it's Obama and Kerry, what do we hear from the Fake News Media?  Silence.  Disgusting.
It’s great reading this thread from almost 4 years ago. Some people I’m glad are gone. And some I wish were still here.

And re: your post, it’s just more confirmation that Obama hates this country and his lemming followers are too ignorant to know any better.

Swishypants

Remember when Iran flew 10,000 Russian "Advisors" into Syria on chartered airliners? It was before the shit really started and was a major BBC news story. Don't worry, everyone else forgot too. Iran, Al-Queda, ISIS, Russians, OBAMA!!!  10 planes. 200 "Advisors" per flight. 5 trips per plane. It was all said and done in 72 hours. One news cycle and then on to some Policeman shooting a black guy that was committing a crime followed by a riot.

Swishypants

Of course it's all just about the Caspian Sea Oil Pipeline into Europe, but that wouldn't be a factor if we released some of the energy tech we've been sitting on for 100 years! Join the Army! Go to college! It's your redacted pay anyway! Don't fail a class or they keep your money! Try not to die! :)