• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 28, 2016, 01:32:24 AM
Agreed.  Many Americans treat their health like their car.  They run it it the ground and drop it off to be repaired as cheaply and quickly as possible. Providing health care that focuses on prevention would be a huge culture change. My grandparents (from the depression) were adept at taking care of themselves.  My grandmother made and regularly used herbal tinctures before resorting to western medicine.

Ah, another one.  ;D

My great great great (#?) grandfather came over to Pennsylvania from Switzerland. He was one of those Swiss herbalists and carried on the tradition in his practice as a doctor. He was known as the little Dutch doctor. (In this respect, Dutch meant German.) There are stories of him roaming the mountains of Pennsylvania searching for herbs to make his tinctures and stuff. The tradition was passed down in his family and his products became well known. There are people who collect his old bottles. Eventually, an uncle, cousin, or something, stole my great great (#?) grandfather's and grandmother's recipes and ran off to Chicago and had them patented, stealing my direct lineage's fortune. Then the snakeoil Rockefeller came along and made some dirty deals with the Feds and the theiving relatives were put out of business.

It hit me one day that there must be some sort of genetic memory inside me that makes me delve into some of the same practices. For me though, it's mostly via the foods I eat or avoid, especially herbs, vegetables and fruits. Either way, I'm doctoring myself with God's pantry.

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 28, 2016, 01:40:15 AM
Yeah because all those seniors are just dying to get rid of Medicare. They all just hate it. And the free market healthcare system has worked so well for the rest of us. Damn, you're one stupid fuckin shit-for-brains redneck.

Ah, come on Ricochet. You could have worded that much nicer. Especially after he agreed with me that you were acting much better this evening. You're only going to get what you give. You be much kinder to others and they will be much kinder back to you. Like I said, you don't have to agree but you do have to be nicer about how you say things.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 28, 2016, 01:43:25 AM
It's a defensible position as long as the person promoting it is consistent.  Just don't try to sugarcoat it but say straight up "It's not my concern whether you live or die."

Of course, there are still difficulties with such a position:  I want to use all the fossil fuels I want, but you have to bear any of the cost from any  illnesses you may get as a result of my or other third party burning of those fossil fuels.

A few politicians said basically that during the Obamacare debate. In the heat of the moment they said what they were actually thinking.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 28, 2016, 01:50:30 AM
Ah, another one.  ;D

My great great great (#?) grandfather came over to Pennsylvania from Switzerland. He was one of those Swiss herbalists and carried on the tradition in his practice as a doctor. He was known as the little Dutch doctor. (In this respect, Dutch meant German.) There are stories of him roaming the mountains of Pennsylvania searching for herbs to make his tinctures and stuff. The tradition was passed down in his family and his products became well known. There are people who collect his old bottles. Eventually, an uncle, cousin, or something, stole my great great (#?) grandfather's and grandmother's recipes and ran off to Chicago and had them patented, stealing my direct lineage's fortune. Then the snakeoil Rockefeller came along and made some dirty deals with the Feds and the theiving relatives were put out of business.

It hit me one day that there must be some sort of genetic memory inside me that makes me delve into some of the same practices. For me though, it's mostly via the foods I eat or avoid. Either way, I'm doctoring myself with God's pantry.

I have a foot firmly planted in the best of both worlds:  Natural/"alternative" care, and Western Medicine (Eastern too).  One of the most remarkable results I've personally had with herbs was using slippery elm powder to treat periodic GERD. I had used a variety of OTC and prescription meds with no relief.  At an herbal pharmacy they suggested slippery elm powder mixed w/water.  Symptoms were gone the following day.  Yes, diet is key too.  We can't change our genetic predispositions to certain diseases, but often the simplest diet, exercise practices make a big difference in managing some serious diseases such as hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, etc.

theONE

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 28, 2016, 02:03:58 AM
Ah, come on Ricochet. You could have worded that much nicer. Especially after he agreed with me that you were acting much better this evening. You're only going to get what you give. You be much kinder to others and they will be much kinder back to you. Like I said, you don't have to agree but you do have to be nicer about how you say things.

very well said AG
I think he really needs exorcists to work on him...really, I'm not joking

Lt.Uhura

Election anxiety is real. Many Americans report “significant stress” due to 2016.

http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2016/10/13/13259938/election-stress-aniexty-ahhh-poll

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 28, 2016, 01:39:35 AM
I totally agree with you here, Uhura.  People need to take better care of themselves and they should be rewarded for such behavior.

The main rewards are staying healthier longer and fewer medical bills. They already get these benefits, don't they?

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 28, 2016, 02:25:04 AM
The main rewards are staying healthier longer and fewer medical bills. They already get these benefits, don't they?

True but a nice discount on their health insurance is also appreciated.

ge30542

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 28, 2016, 03:30:09 AM
Look, all this talk of healthcare is getting old, it's simple, if you like your plan,  you can keep your plan.
If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor, even if he isn't shovel-ready.

Quote from: ge30542 on October 28, 2016, 03:43:26 AM
Look, all this talk of healthcare is getting old, it's simple, if you like your plan,  you can keep your plan.
If you like your Doctor, you can keep your Doctor, even if he isn't shovel-ready.

Barry, is that you?  Shouldn't you be in bed still? Or did Michelle's snoring wake you up and you just can't get back to sleep?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 28, 2016, 03:30:09 AM

Depends on whether you mean incentives to improve your care  (good) or a reward/penalty system for having more or fewer health issues needing treatment, like with auto insurance (not so good). Don't quite see where GE's shovel-ready doctors come into this. Are we burying the doctors? 😝😜

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 28, 2016, 01:50:30 AM
Ah, another one.  ;D

It hit me one day that there must be some sort of genetic memory inside me that makes me delve into some of the same practices. For me though, it's mostly via the foods I eat or avoid, especially herbs, vegetables and fruits. Either way, I'm doctoring myself with God's pantry.

Was your grandparent's recipe a bitters formula?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2016, 07:49:18 AM

Would love to know.  I am imagining something more like Chartreuse but the lines there are kind of blurry.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2016, 07:49:18 AM

We drank our bitters while the empire fell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXQDpW-kl8g

Donald Noory

Quote from: theONE on October 28, 2016, 02:07:51 AM
very well said AG
I think he really needs exorcists to work on him...really, I'm not joking

theONE

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 28, 2016, 12:50:50 PM
Hmmmmmmm

http://commonsensecanadian.ca/canadas-health-care-ranked-30th-world-time-admit-problem/

That's unfair GS - you just putting Canada down.OK maybe they are 30 in the World in health care
but they are first in the World in allowing bestiality

...quote:/
"Sex acts with animals are legal in Canada, so long as there is no penetration involved, according to a surprise ruling issued by the Supreme Court.
The determination stemmed from a case involving a British Columbia man convicted of 13 counts sexually assaulting his stepdaughters -
including one count of bestiality. But the man, identified only as "DLW", was acquitted of the bestiality count with the new ruling."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bestiality-legal-canada-supreme-court-a7073196.html

Most bestiality is legal, declares Canada's Supreme Court

ge30542

Quote from: theONE on October 28, 2016, 02:25:55 PM
That's unfair GS - you just putting Canada down.OK maybe they are 30 in the World in health care

"Sex acts with animals are legal in Canada, so long as there is no penetration involved, according to a surprise ruling issued by the Supreme Court.
The determination stemmed from a case involving a British Columbia man convicted of 13 counts sexually assaulting his stepdaughters -
including one count of bestiality. But the man, identified only as "DLW", was acquitted of the bestiality count with the new ruling."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bestiality-legal-canada-supreme-court-a7073196.html

There's no Hockey in July & August, gotta do something during the summer months.

theONE

Quote from: ge30542 on October 28, 2016, 07:53:01 PM
There's no Hockey in July & August, gotta do something during the summer months.

haha. Bever is the national animal ..go figure. lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on October 28, 2016, 07:53:01 PM

theONE

LMAO ... Oooo, GS you killing me - that is so funny :)

Hog

Quote from: theONE on October 28, 2016, 02:25:55 PM

There are still states where beastiality is legal.  It took the death of a guy(Kenneth Pinyan) who had his bowel perfortated by a horse penis for it to be deemed illegal in Washington.  They couldnt charge these guys with beastiality because the horse wasnt being harmed, it was doing the penetrating, not being penetrated.

Google the Enumclaw horse sex case.  I first learned of the Mr Hands incident here on Bellgab.

You will find weird laws in every country, not sure what you're driving at with your recent beastiality kick.

peace
Hog

theONE

Quote from: Hog on October 28, 2016, 09:18:03 PM
There are still states where beastiality is legal.  It took the death of a guy(Kenneth Pinyan) who had his bowel perfortated by a horse penis for it to be deemed illegal in Washington.  They couldnt charge these guys with beastiality because the horse wasnt being harmed, it was doing the penetrating, not being penetrated.

Google the Enumclaw horse sex case.  I first learned of the Mr Hands incident here on Bellgab.

You will find weird laws in every country, not sure what you're driving at with your recent beastiality kick.

peace
Hog

I was asking 136 a question if this article was about him since he is also from British Columbia in Canada
and the article is talking about guy from British Columbia,..but his answers are very "iffy"

Quote from: theONE on October 27, 2016, 01:02:09 PM
P.S. 136 or 142, I understand you are from Canada
can you explain this to us [in this thread]:
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,9864.new.html#new

Quote from: theONE on October 27, 2016, 03:37:30 AM
This might explain why some leafs here are so crazy... lol :(

"Most bestiality is legal, declares Canada's Supreme Court"

Hog

Quote from: theONE on October 28, 2016, 09:28:04 PM
I was asking 136 a question if this article was about him since he is also from British Columbia in Canada
and the article is talking about guy from British Columbia,..but his answers are very "iffy"
I think he might fold under questioning!

ps
I notice that you refer to Canadians as "leafs" is that a supposed derogatory term?  I'd guess that most people would think that you are talking about the Toronto hockey team.  Youve written before and I didnt know what the heck you were talkng about.

peace
Hog

theONE

Quote from: Hog on October 28, 2016, 09:37:28 PM
I think he might fold under questioning!

ps
I notice that you refer to Canadians as "leafs" is that a supposed derogatory term?  I'd guess that most people would think that you are talking about the Toronto hockey team.  Youve written before and I didnt know what the heck you were talkng about.

peace
Hog

No not at all, ..just a nick name, same as Canadians call Americans 'yankees'

Xtreme1

Listening to some classic Art Bell on Dog Zebra Radio on Tune In, MELS HOLE!

scottydawg

So in other words, BoBo could have gotten off with Greasy both ways up in B.C.? ;D :D ;) :o

theONE

I'm not sure if that was on Art Bell show or somewhere else
/but I'm 90% positive was on AB show, I don't think it was on C2C with GeorgeN, but maybe?/
women from I think ?-Philippines-? or some other country in Central-South America said that because her husband was murdered
and Kennedy was somehow involved-responsible for it ..that she did "arranged" that Kennedy was killed.
It was very strange interview and her story sounded as most possible of all the theories.
Or maybe it was a guest that talked about that woman and her story, quite a 'gem' of a story

He husband was a high ranking politician or maybe even a head of that country, I don't remember.

I wonder if anyone remembers that story and has access to it so we can listen again.
It was very strange interview, if I remember correctly some form of witch crafting was involved as well

-perfect show to re'listen this time of year-