• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on February 05, 2019, 09:24:22 PM
Even Quayle has enough sense to keep his hot daughter away from Norry. 

Would he be sporting this robe and have a "Kennedy robe drop 'accident' ?"  How can this gem of an item be sold out?

https://www.coasttocoastamstore.com/product/embroidered-robe-c2c-r-wht-e
Some manufacturers even VS consider polyester to be "terry".  Not guaranteed to be cotton at all. 

Grandma

Quote from: ItsOver on February 04, 2019, 09:09:15 PM
PremRat doesn't seem to be any more concerned with attendance than they are with performance.  No wonder Jorch won't retire.  He's already retired on the job.
I agree, Ol’ George puts all his energy into all his other money-making performances, shameless self-promoting Snake Oil Salesman that he is. In his promo Tuesday night for his next theatre extravaganza, he had a Freudian slip, “. . . and after the show, we’ll have a Meat and Beat, uh, a Meet and Greet . . .” You’ll have to ask the “Insiders” if there’s an added fee or gratuity for that, IMO.

ItsOver

Quote from: Grandma on February 06, 2019, 05:35:43 AM
I agree, Ol’ George puts all his energy into all his other money-making performances, shameless self-promoting Snake Oil Salesman that he is. In his promo Tuesday night for his next theatre extravaganza, he had a Freudian slip, “. . . and after the show, we’ll have a Meat and Beat, uh, a Meet and Greet . . .” You’ll have to ask the “Insiders” if there’s an added fee or gratuity for that, IMO.
Ha!  "Meat and Beat."  :D  That reminds me of Jorch's SuperBeets promo, where he tells everyone to check out Noorybeets.com.  Or is that Noorybeats.com?  With the image that brings to mind, I don't want to risk it.  ;D

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on February 05, 2019, 07:03:52 PM
"and again, the point is just this...." is another favorite of Quayle.  He did seem a bit more subdued and not quite as frantic and breathless.  Maybe he got a hold of some cheap, Chinese imitation speed?  I also wonder what his daughters friends and Nashville folks think of her dad's theories and rants?  I hope she is her agent. She will get contracts simply by wearing down the studio executives "just sign her and get this nut off my back!"
ps: Norry attempted to say February, and butchered it, and forgot to use his patented "FEB" when he was talking with Quayle about "time speeding up."

Has her music ever been used as bumps on C2C?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 06, 2019, 10:04:44 AM
Has her music ever been used as bumps on C2C?
I don't think so. Firstly I think she has a record contract, so not an amateur, and secondly Norry doesn't like country music. and just likes using the same old, same old songs. Lastly, he, in his mind, is holding her hostage and demanding an "in studio" performance, for obvious reasons. "I'll only play her music, Steve, if it is a live performance in studio, at a "Big Event," or in "the cave- that's what I call my basement home-studio in St. Louis, Steve, its really great and dark- I've found dead crickets down there even!"

But, I could be wrong.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 06, 2019, 11:10:42 AM
I don't think so. Firstly I think she has a record contract, so not an amateur, and secondly Norry doesn't like country music. and just likes using the same old, same old songs. Lastly, he, in his mind, is holding her hostage and demanding an "in studio" performance, for obvious reasons. "I'll only play her music, Steve, if it is a live performance in studio, at a "Big Event," or in "the cave- that's what I call my basement home-studio in St. Louis, Steve, its really great and dark- I've found dead crickets down there even!"

But, I could be wrong.
LOL.  I wonder if that's where his supposed dog really ended-up, in his St. Louie "cave."

Jojo

Quote from: Grandma on February 06, 2019, 05:35:43 AM
Is that what that was?  Thank you because I knew something had happened, but I don't have Insiders right now so I was unable to do a quick scroll forward check and I didn't want to stay up all night just for the repeat faux pas.  "Meet and beat", huh?  That is hilarious.  If it was a subliminal Freudian slip, I believe there is someone George might like to whomp on.  Wow. 

Then again, he acts competitive.  There might be someone who he is trying to beat that way, too.  Is that why he's always counting "likes" and saying he has a goal?  Maybe he and Rush do stat/metrics competitions, lol.

Or he wants to beat it and get out of there.  Meet 'em and then exit quickly.  Could be that too.

Jojo

Shamelessly using bumper music to put people in the mood for his dating website ad right after.  Disgusting to use beautiful love songs for such obvious production value.

Jojo

So funny when he sounds queasy about ads.  He took the cleanse & he feels... uh..  (long pause)  "gooooood"!
Everyone gets cleaned out once in a while, George.  No pain, no gain  No shame, no game.

Jojo

George & Doc share the same birthday.  George noted Doc is older.  Doc responded by declaring George is "young and beautiful".   2:1, Doc in the lead...

Jojo

Am I the only one who can't stand "Hold you head up" lately?  I get a very adverse feeling about it.  Not so much the song as who is playing it.  Matthew 7:3.  Shining a spotlight on someone else's unattractive circumstance.  Seems condescending.  Well, maybe it works between men.  I guess.

He really is a professional moron, can't think of any better way to classify Jorch, professional moron. Tonight he had on a guest, a terrible guest by the way, who is from Hawaii who claimed he has a PhD in Communications though I'm doubtful of it. So Jorch in typical Jorch awkwardness welcomed the guest with a little personal story as a conversation starter which of course never works out for Jorch and creates an awkward lull in a conversation that hasn't even started yet. "I was in the Navy for 9 years and I once flew over Hawaii and we flew over Pearl Harbor. Let me tell you I had the eeriest feeling I've ever had.' That's a story worth telling if you're literally a moron. It's like having Michio Kaku on to discuss astrophysics and opening with 'Michio let me tell you I really enjoyed those Japanese monster movies when I was growing up in Detroit.' I'd love to see an MRI of his brain, it has to be 90% the reptilian brain, very limited intellectuality.

The guest wasn't much better, the entire conversation was about evolution and the guest's only idea is that Darwin's theory isn't correct, he had no real alternative, he wasn't a fundamentalist/creationist, he wasn't pushing extra-terrestrials as the origin of life - just that nobody has done an experiment that conclusively proves evolution. But it did give Jorch another opportunity to offer his 6th grader argument for Intelligent Design 'I've never bought it, that everything is random. The world is too complex, everything fits together. Like there's bread and there's ham, and you have a ham sandwich, without bread we'd just be eating slices of ham and how would your mom put slices of ham in your lunchbox? Somebody or something created the ingredients for bread so we could have sandwiches to survive on.'

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 12, 2019, 04:49:53 AM
He really is a professional moron, can't think of any better way to classify Jorch, professional moron. ...So Jorch in typical Jorch awkwardness welcomed the guest with a little personal story as a conversation starter which of course never works out for Jorch and creates an awkward lull in a conversation that hasn't even started yet. "I was in the Navy for 9 years and I once flew over Hawaii and we flew over Pearl Harbor. Let me tell you I had the eeriest feeling I've ever had.' That's a story worth telling if you're literally a moron. It's like having Michio Kaku on to discuss astrophysics and opening with 'Michio let me tell you I really enjoyed those Japanese monster movies when I was growing up in Detroit.' I'd love to see an MRI of his brain, it has to be 90% the reptilian brain, very limited intellectuality...

Ha!  Yep.  A "professional moron."  I hope you enjoyed Doc Wallet, too.  ;)

Jorch is probably big on Japanese monster movies. 

"Yuh know, Michio, those two Mothra singing twins were really hot!  I'd like to play them a few bumpers, I'll tell yeeewww!  I wonder where they found such small ladies?"

expat

Tonight, Marilynn Hughes on "Quantum consciousness". Does that expression have any actual meaning?

albrecht

Quote from: expat on February 12, 2019, 11:50:20 AM
Tonight, Marilynn Hughes on "Quantum consciousness". Does that expression have any actual meaning?
Another opportunity for new-agey woowoo guests to explain how, even though they are a psychic, witch, or remote viewers, can't get it right because of "quantum." "So I can predict the future but not with an certainty as to time, place, or events."

Uncle Duke

Quote from: expat on February 12, 2019, 11:50:20 AM

No

Robert

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 12, 2019, 04:49:53 AMThe guest wasn't much better, the entire conversation was about evolution and the guest's only idea is that Darwin's theory isn't correct, he had no real alternative, he wasn't a fundamentalist/creationist, he wasn't pushing extra-terrestrials as the origin of life - just that nobody has done an experiment that conclusively proves evolution. But it did give Jorch another opportunity to offer his 6th grader argument for Intelligent Design 'I've never bought it, that everything is random. The world is too complex, everything fits together. Like there's bread and there's ham, and you have a ham sandwich, without bread we'd just be eating slices of ham and how would your mom put slices of ham in your lunchbox? Somebody or something created the ingredients for bread so we could have sandwiches to survive on.'
You didn't take him literally, did you?  I give Mr. Noory more credit than that!  I hope you realize he was making an analogy.  It's dumb, but not that dumb.

Caller: You've heard that before we're born we can choose who our parents are and where we'll live.

Jorch Noory: That's very true.

From the dark abyss the embryo that would become George Noory floats toward a pulsing orb of brilliant white light.

Orb: May I help you?
Jorch Embryo: I'm soon to be born. I'm here to choose my parents and where I'll live.
Orb: Very well. Now tell me your choices.
Jorch Embryo: I've put quite a bit of thought to this. I want a Lebanese immigrant father and mother please and oh ... in Detroit Michigan.
Orb: You're aware Detroit Michigan is a shithole? The rich white folk have left for the suburbs and what remains is a crime ridden hellscape occupied by black people?
Jorch Embryo: Yup.

Jojo

George is not the animal lover he claims to be.  He once rejected a date (after paying) because when he asked if she liked animals, she said she hated them.  George, when a woman says she hates animals, she means she can't stand dander, messes & slobber.  She didn't really hate them.  And she certainly doesn't go around killing them for sport.

You on the other hand, tonight, reduced a buck to a mere trophy, a totally, totally unnecessary comment which really calls into question your love for animals.  Maybe the buck would fill a freezer and make skin.  Maybe hunting the buck would reduce an overgrown population.  You didn't present that.  You just said it would make a nice trophy.

We don't know you, George.  But we know bad when we hear bad.  Are you really so people-pleasing that you had to add a gross surplus to the man's comment?  According to this thread, the answer is no.  You are not people pleasing.  So why try.

Jojo

Did anyone hear the mispronunciation early on? 

AZZERAE

I recall Noory telling that story about his date from hell who "hated pets". Told with his trademark bumbling, I detected a particular annoyance in his pitch, markedly different than any of his prior nightly broadcasts.

You make a good point about fur and drool. When you made mention of the mispronunciation however, I do feel its best you get specific about the actual word or sentence he mangled ...  I mean, this is George, y'know ... mispronunciation is commonplace.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on February 13, 2019, 03:11:48 AM
Caller: You've heard that before we're born we can choose who our parents are and where we'll live.

Jorch Noory: That's very true.

From the dark abyss the embryo that would become George Noory floats toward a pulsing orb of brilliant white light.

Orb: May I help you?
Jorch Embryo: I'm soon to be born. I'm here to choose my parents and where I'll live.
Orb: Very well. Now tell me your choices.
Jorch Embryo: I've put quite a bit of thought to this. I want a Lebanese immigrant father and mother please and oh ... in Detroit Michigan.
Orb: You're aware Detroit Michigan is a shithole? The rich white folk have left for the suburbs and what remains is a crime ridden hellscape occupied by black people?
Jorch Embryo: Yup.

Detroit in 1950 was actually nice. Down town Detroit is actually nice again too.

Metron2267

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 14, 2019, 08:41:29 PM
Detroit in 1950 was actually nice. Down town Detroit is actually nice again too.
Didja catch that this is the least year the Detroit Auto Show will be held in the winter at Cobo Hall?

Smart move, the dreaded Cobo snuffle plagues all who attend... :o

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on February 14, 2019, 07:22:23 PM
I recall Noory telling that story about his date from hell who "hated pets". Told with his trademark bumbling, I detected a particular annoyance in his pitch, markedly different than any of his prior nightly broadcasts.

You make a good point about fur and drool. When you made mention of the mispronunciation however, I do feel its best you get specific about the actual word or sentence he mangled ...  I mean, this is George, y'know ... mispronunciation is commonplace.
He said, "Robutts".  The night before Valentine's Day.  GNS as a concept doesn't get much better than that.  I'm convinced he bought his robot rump a dozen roses.

Quote from: Metron2267 on February 14, 2019, 08:42:53 PM
Didja catch that this is the least year the Detroit Auto Show will be held in the winter at Cobo Hall?

Smart move, the dreaded Cobo snuffle plagues all who attend... :o

It has been held in the winter before. It is no different that going to a hockey game or basketball game. I’ve been to one, really enjoyed it. The concept cars that will never be made for mass production are really cool.

Metron2267

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 18, 2019, 11:11:32 AM
It has been held in the winter before. It is no different that going to a hockey game or basketball game. I’ve been to one, really enjoyed it. The concept cars that will never be made for mass production are really cool.
It has always been held in the winter.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/23/its-official-detroit-auto-show-is-moving-to-summer/

It's officially official, everyone, the Detroit Auto Show is moving to the summer. In 2020, the show's calendar of events will start on June 8. This date will mean sunny, warm weather in the city, and it also means that the show won't be in such close proximity to fall and spring auto shows.

While the schedule of events likely won't change too drastically from that of the January show, there are quite a number of other changes in the works. Among those that will be most visible to attendees will be the selection of outdoor exhibits. As we expected, the organizers suggest an array from simple displays to driving experiences. The latter are envisioned on the roof of Cobo Hall and in front of the building. These exhibits could extend throughout downtown Detroit and potentially appear on Belle Isle, as the show will happen after the Detroit Grand Prix rather than coincide as had been rumored.

https://www.pressmask.com/2019/01/14/slush-snow-the-cobo-cough-detroit-holds-its-last-winter-auto-show/

So many attendees find yourself with a slight sniffle that they’ve a reputation for it, the “Cobo cough,” stated Jim Cain, a spokesperson for GM.

“It’s a operate of actually dry air, carpet, dandruff and imported germs,” Mr. Cain stated.

https://usatodaypost.com/slush-snow-the-cobo-cough-detroit-holds-its-last-winter-auto-show/

Mr. Lentz remembers the 2009 show, held months beforeGeneral MotorsCo. and Chrysler Group LLC declared bankruptcy, as his coldest ever.

“The heat in my hotel room wouldn’t go above 50 degrees,” said Mr. Lentz, who has traveled to the show for 25 years, first from southern California and more recently from Texas. “There was no hot water, so I used the coffee maker [water] to wash my hair.”

albrecht

Lame show last night so far but trying to book tickets on this cold, rainy day and listening: Norry pulled his usual when he demanded the female guest "call me Mr. Norry"and then she, Sarah K Grace, said "sorry, Mr. Norry" and Norry laughed and said it was a joke, that she didn't seem to "get." 

Several normal Norry stuff:
Norry: "Brittany in Las Vegas, heeey I heard it snowed in Las Vegas."

Caller (ignores Norry) and starts to praise the guest "I saw your website, you're so cute, I bought your book etc"
Guest: "Thanks! And thanks for bringing that to our listeners' attention"
Caller Brittany: (silence) 

Norry: "Go ahead BRIT"
Norry perked up remarkably when guest said some Hollywood screenwriters was looking at her book. Norry: "REEELY?!"

Jojo

Add to the list of morose songs, "Yesterday".  As if we don't have enough reminders of aging angst in our youth culture every day.  If you aren't depressed when Coast comes on, just wait a little bit.  What does he think Life is Short or Futile songs do for his popularity?  Cats in the Cradle, Sounds of Silence, Yesterday, Puff the Magic Dragon, How Many Roads Must A Man Walk Down, MacArthur Park, Dust in the Wind...

I DO NOT STAY UP LATE TO BE DEMORALIZED BY DEPRESSING SONGS.  We could be having a good time.  Life has enough unpleasantness already; don't remind me.  People like to think of positive things.  Why would we want reminders of life's miseries?

AZZERAE

Before I joined BellGab or ever heard of Art, I was a hardcore John B. Wells fan. I'd listen to Coast, and enjoy it most when he was hosting.

Of course, George was the main host, and so I listened to him a lot more frequently. Being that I'd never come across BellGab yet, I listened with fascination (to the subjects) and my focus was always on the guests.

When I happened across this thread, I unknowingly white knighted for George and was met with all kinds of insults - most of which gave me a good laugh.

I say all this to say, only when I became an Art Bell fan, did I realize how much better Art was than any other host. But my opinion of George was largely modified over the years by the grudge Art held for him, and a lot of the drama that I found out via BellGab.

Even before Art passed, I was beginning to notice, I really don't hate George, and while he's not good by any stretch, he's listenable, and truly was the first guy I ever remember hearing on Coast.

I listen to Coast from time to time. Earlier today, I listened to a show from a couple days ago (about Star Seeds), and it really was enjoyable. Its certainly not something I can listen to every night, in the way I binged on Art's old shows, but Coast can be amusing.

I find myself laughing at some of the moments George is pretending to listen, be interested, or some of his childlike naivety. I laugh when I can tell a huckster is hawking their book. Often I'll turn a show off quick, but I made it through a whole 2 hours with the guest this time.

I can't understand the hatred for George anymore, from anyone, quite frankly. He's an odd fellow, but he provides his version of Coast to this day, and really, he couldn't hurt a fly.

A lot of folks seem to revisit this thread and rant about mispronunciations or what have you, and run the show down. I think its a bit hollow at this point.

If people hate him so much, why keep listening? I guess for the same reason folks hate watch fake news networks.