• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Freyja

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 21, 2015, 02:39:54 PM
I for one am shocked, shocked.  And what was the other thing - anger, fear? - that too

Next time he announces some dramatic Upcoming Announcement, I recommend ignoring it until it's actually posted

LOL +1 ....don't forget hate & sorry!!  ;)

Alaskana

I'll wait until the show airs tonight to see if there is any more 'big' news coming. If the aforementioned Spacebook announcement is all there is (and yes, it is great news), someone will still have some splainin' to do!  :P

AppealPlay

Quote from: Freyja on September 21, 2015, 02:50:05 PM
LOL +1 ....don't forget hate & sorry!!  ;)

Yeah, why would he apologize for this announcement?  There has to be more to it than that.  I'm sure tonight he'll let us know...or he'll tease it again for next week. :D

NXOEED

Message received. On it. Stay tuned...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 01:15:04 PM
Thanks PBS.  I thought wus or wuz was the past tense of the verb  "be".  Damn public education! 
I am
you wuz
he wuz
they iz

Where is SV when we really need him?

kennedymaure

Quote from: trostol on September 21, 2015, 12:57:13 PM
does this "shocking" news change the way we have to listen..as in ..can i still listen via TuneIn?

That's a very good question, thus potential anger.

Dateline

Any mouse worthy of a cat's chop know that this is an edgy decision.  It is ahead or on the curve of a new way to go forward.  Great decision Art and staff!  Compare 615 to 4000.  Now who is ahead?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: NXOEED on September 21, 2015, 03:26:27 PM

That'a Boy! This Monday is full of big announcements!

NXOEED

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 21, 2015, 03:37:54 PM
That'a Boy! This Monday is full of big announcements!

Taking out the part with the shortwave affiliates and replacing with "CALL YOUR LOCAL RADIO STATION AND DEMAND ART BELL.". we can always do one later that includes the shortwave stations.

kennedymaure

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 02:50:59 PM
Yeah, why would he apologize for this announcement?  There has to be more to it than that.  I'm sure tonight he'll let us know...or he'll tease it again for next week. :D

I'm wondering about this too. Here we go again speculation. ( I never do that) ... oh what the hell...why not....

What if he thinks people will be angry because the listening audience will increase exponentially thereby making our concerns insignificant? What if he just thinks the people at C2C will be angry? What if Donald Trump stops running and says he was just running so he could say crappy things to people who irritate him on a live broadcast everyone would be listening to? ...I wouldn't put it past that guy.

Art Bell

Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

We also started a Advertising campaign today that will run for a Month on Social Media. We would like to combine this with people calling their local program Manager and requesting the show. The XDS Satallite people will also promo it to the Radio Stations.

Art

P.S. Any help from Bell Gab in making those calls would be great!

kennedymaure

Quote from: Dateline on September 21, 2015, 03:36:26 PM
Any mouse worthy of a cat's chop know that this is an edgy decision.  It is ahead or on the curve of a new way to go forward.  Great decision Art and staff!  Compare 615 to 4000.  Now who is ahead?

I was just doing some research on XDS....hmmm...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Freyja on September 21, 2015, 02:07:50 PM
Thanks boxman. I figured that there would be revenue from ads and potentially more subscribers. I was just wondering if stations pay Art/Keith/DMDN anything for the right to carry MITD.

A wider, accessible caller base would be excellent!!

Freyja, all I know is what I hear from others. Individual stations don't pay for shows, but they must carry commercials from broadcast source and they are allowed time to carry local commercials.

Example: Art show has ads for c crane radio, c crane pays Art, local stations must air these ads.
Art's show also has bumper music,  local stations can replace the bumper music with their own local ads.

kennedymaure

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 03:49:13 PM
Actually it is big news, we have been content over the last two Months to run our Internet show as is but this move opens the door wide to Radio Stations to pick up the show which is what they have been asking for. It means we come in on the same receiver as every other National show starting Oct 1st.

We also started a Advertising campaign today that will run for a Month on Social Media. We would like to combine this with people calling their local program Manager and requesting the show. The XDS Satallite people will also promo it to the Radio Stations.

Art

Ha! That is so cool! Hi Art!

chefist

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 21, 2015, 02:39:54 PM
I for one am shocked, shocked.  And what was the other thing - anger, fear? - that too

Next time he announces some dramatic Upcoming Announcement, I recommend ignoring it until it's actually posted

That's a good suggestion...another is to think that it may be good news!  ;D just a thought...

chefist

Art

Already phoned and emailed the info to 104.1 FM and 1030 AM here in Tucson! I hope they don't ignore me since I've contacted them before!  8)

AppealPlay

Ah, okay so this new service allows stations to carry the show the same way they carry Rush Limbaugh or some such?  I guess it makes it easier for stations to carry MITD?  That's cool.

chefist

Quote from: NXOEED on September 21, 2015, 03:26:27 PM

Hi NXOEED! Got your Eye Fly on my magnet board at work...tons of folks asking be about it and where I got it from! LOL I just say, "a friend in Phoenix you should check out!"  8)

starrmtn001

Art

on it! ;D

Art Bell

I said some may be shocked, and they will. Some thought we were only "only a "small Internet Show"
Those people will be shocked and not very happy at all.

Art

starrmtn001

Quote from: Art Bell on September 21, 2015, 04:01:49 PM
I said some may be shocked, and they will. Some thought we were only "only a "small Internet Show"

Art
Ah Karma.  Ain't it grand? ;) ;D

chefist

Art

I always thought it was "Dave and the PremRats" that would be shocked...seems they are now! I'm not a radio professional so I never knew what an "XDS feed" was...but this is part of the fun of BellGab and taking "the ride" with Art...super fun!  :D

kennedymaure

Art

I could not be happier for your commitment to continue broadcasting, best news ever!

I sent messages to a couple of the "non christian" radio stations here. I live in one of the "Bible Buckle's" of the Rust Belt. About 65% of the radio stations within 60 miles of here are Christian Broadcasting establishments. (many of them quite fundamentalist in nature) A lot of the faithful believe the paranormal is some kind of witchcraft or something.

I was going through the list of stations here saying to myself.... "No, I don't think I better talk to them..... hmmmm nope, no, that one wont work.... wow... OMG... they are mostly .... eeek! How did this happen?"

SaucyRossy

Art

If people don't get how BIG of a deal this is, well that's just on them.

I however am beyond happy. I feel like dancing on the ceiling. This is great news.

smithy

Art

This is momentous. I would like to request a roadmap in the form of Q&A or contact recommendations.  I contacted radio stations in the Los Angeles - San Diego market and got no reply backs. Can IHeart radio stations run the program or does it conflict with C2C?

Thanks and congratulations on the this BIG NEWS!

bateman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 21, 2015, 04:20:24 PM
If people don't get how BIG of a deal this is, well that's just on them.

I however am beyond happy. I feel like dancing on the ceiling. This is great news.

http://youtu.be/I5e5aYbQ-yU

It is indeed fantastic news.

K_Dubb

Progress, and continued investment and improvement in the show.  It's everything I hoped for!  Art Bell deserves more than a podcast.

SciFiAuthor

Art

They're gonna need some sedatives over at Premiere today. Will Hoagland be on the feed too?

kennedymaure

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 21, 2015, 04:39:26 PM
They're gonna need some sedatives over at Premiere today. Will Hoagland be on the feed too?

Not to sound like a conspiracy idiot... (I will though...) is Skype still down? It was the first thing that went through my mind when I saw the Skype news but I have an overactive imagination. Do people Skype Noory on air? I have not listened to him in so long I don't know.

Freyja

Art

Congrats Art et all. Great news and wishing you the best of success with these new accomplishments!!

That said we, some of we, the "vaguely lovable" are still not getting the "shock, hate & sorry" from your previous posts. Of course I am sure Dave and Premiere may fall into some of those buckets.

Certainly, we, your audience would not feel as per the above with today's announcement unless there is either something we don't understand or know.

So spill the beans....who would be in "shock", or "hate" what was announced today and why would you say "sorry"? ...is there something else you are not sharing....yet?