• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

linden2k

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 15, 2013, 02:58:45 PM

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that's about how many tune in and actually listen to  George's show
Wait, there are people who don't like Noory? We should start a website for them to gather.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: linden2k on May 15, 2013, 08:16:22 PM
Wait, there are people who don't like Noory? We should start a website for them to gather.

only a complete fag would do such a thing.

linden2k

Quote from: MV on May 15, 2013, 08:50:34 PM

only a complete fag would do such a thing.
Wahahahahaha

coaster

Has the stream been down? The last few nights I've tried to visit the site, the audio wouldnt load. edit-nm. I can get it through shoutcast's page, but not the fineart page. Guess its something on my end.

Lunger

Quote from: coaster on May 23, 2013, 01:37:15 AM
Has the stream been down? The last few nights I've tried to visit the site, the audio wouldnt load. edit-nm. I can get it through shoutcast's page, but not the fineart page. Guess its something on my end.

Haven't had a problem.

linden2k

Quote from: coaster on May 23, 2013, 01:37:15 AM

Clear your cache and see if that helps. Also: We've got 4 days of open lines spinning for you Artiots until Monday!

Lunger

Quote from: linden2k on May 23, 2013, 09:16:39 PM

Clear your cache and see if that helps. Also: We've got 4 days of open lines spinning for you Artiots until Monday!

Ugg!  The only thing worse then Open Lines is Ghost-To-Ghost

linden2k

Quote from: Lunger on May 24, 2013, 05:15:31 AM
I also hate when he has guests on the show.

b_dubb

less JC please.  seems like i hear a JC clip every hour. 

linden2k

Quote from: b_dubb on May 24, 2013, 01:21:58 PM
less JC please.  seems like i hear a JC clip every hour.

We don't play JC clips. You may hear him call into shows, because that's what he did. Once a month we play the 3 hour JC compilation.

jazmunda

I actually prefer the Open Lines circa 96 to 99.

It was that magical time when anything could happen and anything goes. Sure there were loons and a lot of bs but it was very entertaining and Art was the master moderator and enabler.

linden2k

Quote from: jazmunda on May 24, 2013, 06:20:35 PM
I actually prefer the Open Lines circa 96 to 99.

It was that magical time when anything could happen and anything goes. Sure there were loons and a lot of bs but it was very entertaining and Art was the master moderator and enabler.
Absolutley. it was amazing how he handled some of those callers.

coaster

I would have to agree. Art occasionally get some good callers during open lines, but  the majority of them were dull and uninteresting.

Lunger

Quote from: linden2k on May 25, 2013, 12:24:39 AM
Absolutley. it was amazing how he handled some of those callers.

Of course there is always the exceptional call, but by and large Open Lines is split between;

Art's bizarre fetish of demanding to know where the caller is (CALLER! Where are you?  CALLER!  CALLER! Where are you?). 
    His one-man crusade to shame people into never using cell phones - I think in the secret hope of eventually shutting down the entire industry, even if it had to be done once caller at a time. 
    And, of course, the calls!  Mouth breathers that can barely string two words together.  I am genuinely shocked that the average caller displayed enough cognitive development to dial the phone correctly.  My favorite are the people that think of Art as an old friend and call to want to chat.

Ghost-To-Ghost is just Open Lines on steroids.

That shit if fine for That Idiot Noory, but Art is a far superior interviewer to waste his time on the general drooling public.  He should have stuck to talking to guests even of they are frauds ( Dames, Scallion, Hoagland, Morton....I am looking at you!)

Anyway, I truly appreciate the stream and you can play whatever the hell you like.  I am in no position to dictate terms.  If I were to host a site...  I would probably play them in chronological order.

Quote from: Lunger on May 25, 2013, 05:35:50 AM
Of course there is always the exceptional call, but by and large Open Lines is split between;

Art's bizarre fetish of demanding to know where the caller is (CALLER! Where are you?  CALLER!  CALLER! Where are you?). 
    His one-man crusade to shame people into never using cell phones - I think in the secret hope of eventually shutting down the entire industry, even if it had to be done once caller at a time. 
    And, of course, the calls!  Mouth breathers that can barely string two words together.  I am genuinely shocked that the average caller displayed enough cognitive development to dial the phone correctly.  My favorite are the people that think of Art as an old friend and call to want to chat.

That shit if fine for That Idiot Noory, but Art is a far superior interviewer to waste his time on the general drooling public.  He should have stuck to talking to guests even of they are frauds ( Dames, Scallion, Hoagland, Morton....I am looking at you!)

Anyway, I truly appreciate the stream and you can play whatever the hell you like.  I am in no position to dictate terms.  If I were to host a site...  I would probably play them in chronological order.

"Caller.  Turn your radio off."

or

"Ah'm tryin' tuh reach Art Bell".  "Well, you've done so".  pause...  'Whuuutt?  Is Art there?"

coaster

Quote from: coaster on May 25, 2013, 12:50:40 AM
I would have to agree. Art occasionally get some good callers during open lines, but  the majority of them were dull and uninteresting.
*got you miserable son of a bitch. learn grammar.

bateman

Quote from: Lunger on May 25, 2013, 05:35:50 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Scruff

So last night around 11 EST I heard a show that wasn't labeled very well and I was wondering if there was more info on it so I can track it down.  It was "Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - 04 Open Lines".  It was kind of a G2G show, but had a couple good calls.  For all I know I have this already, but it wasn't labeled well enough when it played on the stream.  If anyone has any info please let me know - thanks!

linden2k

Quote from: Scruff on May 26, 2013, 07:15:34 AM
So last night around 11 EST I heard a show that wasn't labeled very well and I was wondering if there was more info on it so I can track it down.  It was "Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell - 04 Open Lines".  It was kind of a G2G show, but had a couple good calls.  For all I know I have this already, but it wasn't labeled well enough when it played on the stream.  If anyone has any info please let me know - thanks!
Not sure. We tag the shows as well as possible, but sometimes the web player we use broadcasts those tags in a weird/incomplete way.

Tinfoil Hat

I've had some nice luck playing Art stream roulette. Yesterday when I put it on, the guest was Michio Kaku. The day before it was Father Malachi Martin.

Thanks again for the stream, linden!

bluebyrd53

I have not been able to listen to the Fine Art stream for about 4 days now. I have to go to shoutcast.com to listen to the Fine Art stream. And that site says I am listening to it on the FineArtstream, so I don't know. Things were fine on the FA stream up until about 4 days ago, when it went silent. I have tried Firefox in normal mode and in Internet Explorer mode and IE itself, and still no go. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

bluebyrd53

Addendum - I have been able to listen to it by getting on the FA stream site, then clicking on the Winamp icon. It downloads a small ( 4 K ) program that I have to use in Winamp to listen to the show. But it is working. That's strange, I've never had to do that before. I could just get on the site and it would play automatically in Firefox. Anyway, it is working, it just working through Winamp now.

Quote from: bluebyrd53 on May 29, 2013, 10:13:41 PM
Addendum - I have been able to listen to it by getting on the FA stream site, then clicking on the Winamp icon. It downloads a small ( 4 K ) program that I have to use in Winamp to listen to the show. But it is working. That's strange, I've never had to do that before. I could just get on the site and it would play automatically in Firefox. Anyway, it is working, it just working through Winamp now.

Same issue, but I don't have a fix yet.

Morgus

Quote from: bluebyrd53 on May 29, 2013, 10:04:58 PM
I have not been able to listen to the Fine Art stream for about 4 days now. I have to go to shoutcast.com to listen to the Fine Art stream. And that site says I am listening to it on the FineArtstream, so I don't know. Things were fine on the FA stream up until about 4 days ago, when it went silent. I have tried Firefox in normal mode and in Internet Explorer mode and IE itself, and still no go. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.
Isn't working for me today with the latest version of Firefox, but works OK for me with IE8 in Windows 7x64
Streaming via Winamp works OK too of course.

MV/Liberace!

works fine for me in google chrome.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on May 30, 2013, 01:07:30 PM
works fine for me in google chrome.

Works fine with me on Firefox on a Mac

linden2k

Quote from: jazmunda on May 30, 2013, 06:28:34 PM
Works fine with me on Firefox on a Mac
Works fine for me on a Sega Game Gear.

b_dubb

Listening to the show where Art has a Right Wing Gun Nut Paranoid has a debate with an Angry Crazed Liberal. I can't believe someone would think two polar radicals shouting at each other on the air is a good idea. A debate is one thing but this is something very different. Extreme positions and talk of shooting FBI, etc. Art could have found more moderate people who could have a real discussion but this is pretty freaky.

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on June 07, 2013, 02:58:05 AM
Listening to the show where Art has a Right Wing Gun Nut Paranoid has a debate with an Angry Crazed Liberal. I can't believe someone would think two polar radicals shouting at each other on the air is a good idea. A debate is one thing but this is something very different. Extreme positions and talk of shooting FBI, etc. Art could have found more moderate people who could have a real discussion but this is pretty freaky.

Art loved trying to organise on air debates often with little response or little success.

slipstream

Quote from: jazmunda on June 07, 2013, 05:24:50 PM
Art loved trying to organise on air debates often with little response or little success.

I liked the caller to caller debates, they were awkward, but really raw and real.