• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150924 - David Jacobs - UFOs & Abductions - LIVE Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 24, 2015, 05:00:22 PM

Jocko Johnson

Well after tonites show, I will be getting a couple extra 10 rd  .45 mags for my 1911 before I try to sleep!!!

ArJuna

Quote from: Chronaut on September 25, 2015, 01:03:07 AM
I'm thoroughly spooked by this show...awesome.  His conclusions fit in with Darrell Sims' findings like a giant puzzle piece.  I've always found the "covert ops" explanation of all the sneaking around and memory manipulation to make the most sense, if these events/abductions/etc are actually happening.  Freaky.  Brrrr...

I've been on board this ride for more than 40 years and I have had a lot of puzzle pieces that have come together. It sounds like you too are realizing that reality is much different than the consensus version.  8)

SredniVashtar

Did Art ask him about the Emma Woods stuff? It would take me too long to go through the entire thread, so if someone could just give me a yes or no then I know whether to listen or not. It sounds like he might have done if Jacobs doesn't want to go on again.

CornyCrow

Quote from: ArJuna on September 25, 2015, 01:06:57 AM
I've been on board this ride for more than 40 years and I have had a lot of puzzle pieces that have come together. It sounds like you too are realizing that reality is much different than the consensus version.  8)
Prof Jacobs is primarily dealing with abductions.  I knew someone who said he saw an insectiod alien. The guy was a business owner and did no drugs.  It scared the hell out of him. 

There are other sorts of aliens reported other than greys and insectiods.  I guess I've heard about these from people because I can be very encouraging and non judgemental when I want to be. 

I agree with the caller, that we've probably been genetically tampered with, or at least been visited, for a long, long, time.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: CornyCrow on September 25, 2015, 06:11:38 AM
Prof Jacobs is primarily dealing with abductions.  I knew someone who said he saw an insectiod alien. The guy was a business owner and did no drugs.  It scared the hell out of him. 

I'm sure it was a very genuine experience he had, of some kind or another. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there was any more in it than that, though. People can see all sorts of things if they are stressed, or experiencing mental illness. You don't have to be doing drugs. All sorts of outwardly normal people can be subject to a whole range of experiences, it doesn't make then objectively 'true'.

There are other sorts of aliens reported other than greys and insectiods.  I guess I've heard about these from people because I can be very encouraging and non judgemental when I want to be. 

Lots of people are lonely and need someone to talk to. I think that's at the heart of a lot of abduction cases. Perhaps there is something there, but I doubt most of them. I think being 'encouraging' is not always a good thing for people, and they can get hooked on their own BS. That's the big problem I have with abduction researchers. A lot of their subjects should first go straight for some sort of psychiatric evaluation before they start worrying about greys. People like Jacobs are also not qualified hypnotherapists, and are messing about with things they don't understand.

I agree with the caller, that we've probably been genetically tampered with, or at least been visited, for a long, long, time.

If that's the case, I wish they'd made a better job of it. I don't know if you are thinking about anything specifically, but I can't see much to support that view.

henge0stone

freaking amazing show. We could go on for hours about the problems with David's research and abductions in general but for an Art Bell show it was a total classic.

henge0stone

Quote from: trostol on September 25, 2015, 12:49:18 AM
speaking of 1700's...i need to watch Salem

You mean late 1600s  ;) I'm sorry I'm a chronology nazi.

Tarbaby

Quote from: triola on September 24, 2015, 11:41:52 PM
It looks like it's the network.

This function 'scrapes' the 'now-playing' metadata (the text that scrolls in the player) and it goes down when the aac stream goes down. Different address, different data, same network.

Metadata address:  (triggers a down() function when metadata fails)
http://player.streamguys.com/dmr/sgplayer/include/php/metadata.php?stream=0

Stream address: (when this stream goes down, the metadata fails too)
http://live.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com/darkmatter.aac

function checkshow()
{

if(DS.DEFSTREAM.search('darkmatter')==-1){
   setmarquee(DS.PDES);
   return ;
   }

var gui = require('nw.gui');
gui.App.clearCache();

var newcontent, buffer="";
var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();
var ran = Math.round(Math.random() * 10000);

xhr.open("GET", DS.PLAYING+ '?' + ran, true);

xhr.onload = function (e) {
  if (xhr.readyState === 4) {
    if (xhr.status   === 200) {
        buffer=xhr.responseText;

var mydata = JSON.parse(buffer);
            var d1     = mydata[0].StreamTitle;
    newcontent = d1;

if(newcontent==DS.marqueecontent){
       return;
    }
    else{
       DS.marqueecontent= newcontent;
           var mq           = document.getElementById('mqtx');
           mq.innerHTML     = DS.marqueecontent;
    }
    up();
    return buffer;
    } else {
        console.error(xhr.statusText);
down(); //<---this fires when the stream goes down, it's
                    //not the stream url, but it -is- the network.
    }
  }
};
xhr.onerror = function (e) {
  console.error(xhr.statusText);
  down();
};
xhr.send(null);
}

thanks for that analysis. I had been wondering about it.

chefist

I'm listening this morning as I fell asleep last night (I know, I know, what type of Art Bell fan am I)...it really is a great show...the glitches remind me of the old days on AM radio with a thunderstorm moving in or on a long drive trying to keep the station tuned in...all good stuff!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2015, 05:43:16 AM
Did Art ask him about the Emma Woods stuff? It would take me too long to go through the entire thread, so if someone could just give me a yes or no then I know whether to listen or not. It sounds like he might have done if Jacobs doesn't want to go on again.

I tried twice to get this crowd on the subject but no one seemed to notice.

Lots of interesting comments in the thread but no one replied back in re to my Emma Woods posts.  If you want to understand Jacobs you need to see how he "handled" that case.

Oh, some anal retentive guy showed up who was pissed that we talked about politics.  Methinks there's a leak in his Depends.  Always a downer.   ;D

CornyCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2015, 06:33:10 AM
I'm sure it was a very genuine experience he had, of some kind or another. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there was any more in it than that, though. People can see all sorts of things if they are stressed, or experiencing mental illness. You don't have to be doing drugs. All sorts of outwardly normal people can be subject to a whole range of experiences, it doesn't make then objectively 'true'.

Lots of people are lonely and need someone to talk to. I think that's at the heart of a lot of abduction cases. Perhaps there is something there, but I doubt most of them. I think being 'encouraging' is not always a good thing for people, and they can get hooked on their own BS. That's the big problem I have with abduction researchers. A lot of their subjects should first go straight for some sort of psychiatric evaluation before they start worrying about greys. People like Jacobs are also not qualified hypnotherapists, and are messing about with things they don't understand.

If that's the case, I wish they'd made a better job of it. I don't know if you are thinking about anything specifically, but I can't see much to support that view.
What strikes me as curious is, if their intent is to take over the planet, they probably have the technology to do so without such a long drawn out plan.  Why all the stealth? 

CornyCrow

Quote from: henge0stone on September 25, 2015, 06:37:38 AM
freaking amazing show. We could go on for hours about the problems with David's research and abductions in general but for an Art Bell show it was a total classic.
Yes.  I loved it. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: CornyCrow on September 25, 2015, 08:53:07 AM
What strikes me as curious is, if their intent is to take over the planet, they probably have the technology to do so without such a long drawn out plan.  Why all the stealth?

Actually, that bit seems the most plausible to me, if they wanted to make that argument. Someone like Steven Greer says that they are all fluffy bunnies because they could come and wipe us out if they wanted to, but I don't think that's true. If they were really smart then they would try and do something that meant that we were as unaware of it as possible. I don't believe any of it, but it sounds the best way to go if you wanted to make that case. After all, the farmer doesn't hate the cattle he is rearing for meat. In many ways. he wants the best for them, but they are still going to end up on someone's table.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 25, 2015, 08:51:41 AM
I tried twice to get this crowd on the subject but no one seemed to notice.

Lots of interesting comments in the thread but no one replied back in re to my Emma Woods posts.  If you want to understand Jacobs you need to see how he "handled" that case.

Oh, some anal retentive guy showed up who was pissed that we talked about politics.  Methinks there's a leak in his Depends.  Always a downer.   ;D

Ohh, that's a shame and a real missed opportunity. I wonder if Art was told not to bring it up? Surely he was aware of it? It doesn't sound like Art to pussy out though. That's the big stain on his reputation and he should have had to answer it. The whole idea of these guys going around putting women in trances is really weird anyway, and they don't have any training. Budd Hopkins was another. They might mean well, but they have no idea what they are stirring up in these people, many of whom just need a good mental health professional to run  the rule over them.

ZomZom

I had high hopes for this show and my expectations were exceeded.  I read Secret Life in the early 90s and couldn't sleep well for months afterward.  Jacobs is on top of his game and I find his work to be very compelling.  Great show.

I will add that the Emma Woods case, which I was not familiar with until reading this thread (thank you for that) is troubling, and I would like to hear Jacobs respond.  Still, even if true, it seems to me that the allegations that Jacobs placed hypnotic suggestions in Woods' mind for the purpose of confusing the aliens, while unethical under normal circumstances, underscore his veracity.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ZomZom on September 25, 2015, 09:47:13 AM
Still, even if true, it seems to me that the allegations that Jacobs placed hypnotic suggestions in Woods' mind for the purpose of confusing the aliens, while unethical under normal circumstances, underscore his veracity.

I don't know what you mean. How is his veracity underscored by behaving like a sinister creep? I honestly don't understand the point you are making.

ZomZom

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2015, 10:00:54 AM
I don't know what you mean. How is his veracity underscored by behaving like a sinister creep? I honestly don't understand the point you are making.
I'm saying that his (alleged) implantation of a false memory in order to confuse her alien abductors underscores his belief that those alien abductors exist.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: ZomZom on September 25, 2015, 10:16:05 AM
I'm saying that his (alleged) implantation of a false memory in order to confuse her alien abductors underscores his belief that those alien abductors exist.

Ah OK, I see what you mean. Yes, you could make that argument, and he probably does. I think the 'unethical' side of it is more likely to be the thing that people think of though. I am amazed that it didn't come up on the show. It reminds me a bit of the Dolan thing where he looked an ass over that alien slide business. Art mentioned it but I wanted him to nail him a bit more. I guess that's not Art's style though. He doesn't go in for confrontation and leaves the audience to join the dots. I still think he should have brought it up though. It's either a lack of research or a lack of nerve, I can't see any other explanation.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2015, 06:33:10 AM

You're right.  I am very surprised flackie hasn't been abducted. Maybe he just needs to do some past regression stuff. Boy I hope they probed him with both hands up to the elbows. I am surprised he hasn't come up with a scenario and been on Oprah, Maury, Jerry Springer...etc already?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 25, 2015, 10:36:07 AM
You're right.  I am very surprised flackie hasn't been abducted. Maybe he just needs to do some past regression stuff. Boy I hope they probed him with both hands up to the elbows. I am surprised he hasn't come up with a scenario and been on Oprah, Maury, Jerry Springer...etc already?

At the very least, I'm surprised Sweet Kathy hasn't been included in the reported cases of cattle mutilation.

onan

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 25, 2015, 10:36:07 AM

Even anti-gravity levitation rays have limitations.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2015, 10:23:03 AM
Ah OK, I see what you mean. Yes, you could make that argument, and he probably does. I think the 'unethical' side of it is more likely to be the thing that people think of though. I am amazed that it didn't come up on the show. It reminds me a bit of the Dolan thing where he looked an ass over that alien slide business. Art mentioned it but I wanted him to nail him a bit more. I guess that's not Art's style though. He doesn't go in for confrontation and leaves the audience to join the dots. I still think he should have brought it up though. It's either a lack of research or a lack of nerve, I can't see any other explanation.
Bateman is the guy to nail the creeps to the wall. I recently heard a show he did, (Steve Warner, dark city) with a relative of alledged American serial killer H.H. Holmes. The guy was making a case he was also Jack the Ripper and he wasn't  actually  executed and was gonna have him dug up. Then basically stonewalled Bateman with the old " buy the book" deal!  Steve proceeded to basically tell the cretin to fuck himself. The guy said "I don't want this interview on the air" to which Steve said "too bad" and it's on. He's the man...it's a must listen on the Soundcloud if you haven't heard it already. He gave Col. Alexander a good run for the money too. He takes no prisoners.  NY guy baby, NY attitude,  we got no time for BS!!!! Way to go Pally!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 25, 2015, 10:57:22 AM
Bateman is the guy to nail the creeps to the wall. I recently heard a show he did, (Steve Warner, dark city) with a relative of alledged American serial killer H.H. Holmes. The guy was making a case he was also Jack the Ripper and he wasn't  actually  executed and was gonna have him dug up. Then basically stonewalled Bateman with the old " buy the book" deal!  Steve proceeded to basically tell the cretin to fuck himself. The guy said "I don't want this interview on the air" to which Steve said "too bad" and it's on. He's the man...it's a must listen on the Soundcloud if you haven't heard it already. He gave Col. Alexander a good run for the money too. He takes no prisoners.  NY guy baby, NY attitude,  we got no time for BS!!!! Way to go Pally!

If by "NY attitude" you mean "gratuitously unpleasant" then I can well imagine. Your fellow rotten apples don't exactly have a reputation for their shy and endearing natures. I'd rather french kiss a rattlesnake than get anywhere near you lot - and I say that with love and respect.

Present company excepted, I'm sure!

GravitySucks

Quote from: ZomZom on September 25, 2015, 10:16:05 AM
The links I read say he denied using hypnosis, that he was only taking oral histories.  That destroyed his integrity rating with me. And I read it on the internet so it must st be true.

Just Me

I missed the show but from what I read at the beginning of this thread, fart had some technological disabilities happenin.

I did tune into snorons show with Linda Moulton Howe and her story was all garbled as well. It was like the audio was in and out producing a choppy effect and almost inaudible and not understandable.

NSA must a been on the radio wave cases with full alert disruption status

Did Emma Woods ever send Jacobs her alien abducted panties and if so, what did Jacobs do with them and where are they now.

Last night on snorons circus act Linda told several stories how massage therapist report aliens coming out their clients during a massage. Freaky shit so now we have a new alien story being born for experiencers to tell.

nika01

I feel as though Prof J is disingenuous. The tone of his voice is not very serious . I wonder if he is perpetrating a hoax with all this?
If I were saying the things he did, I wouldn't come across like an adolescent.

Lord Grantham

So, okay, the greys are telepathic from an inch away (which is pretty much useless, but never mind that), but the hybrids are telepathic at range (per the Baltimore Orioles story)?