• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on March 25, 2017, 02:30:39 AM
What exactly are they taking to the streets?
Dunno.  Sweepers?  Or, maybe, snowplows in some places.

Dr. MD MD

You make me so very slappy
I'm so glad you just bitch slapped my wife!
Oh! Slap you, baby!  8)

:P

Like every show before Jimmy recognized a caller for his 'great pipes',  because of course Jimmy spends most of his life listening to his own 'great pipes'.  'Bro you have some great pipes. How bout we get together and enjoy each other's pipes?' 

Then he just went total 70s deejay animal introducing David Clayton Thomas and Blood Sweat and Tears.  He's an SNL character.

Howard Stern used to riff on clowns like this he worked with coming up the ladder in rock radio in the 70s/80s, guys who were all voice no talent.

starrmtn001

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 25, 2017, 02:43:21 AM
Like every show before Jimmy recognized a caller for his 'great pipes',  because of course Jimmy spends most of his life listening to his own 'great pipes'.  'Bro you have some great pipes. How bout we get together and enjoy each other's pipes?' 
Cheers! ;D

Then he just went total 70s deejay animal introducing David Clayton Thomas and Blood Sweat and Tears.  He's an SNL character.

Howard Stern used to riff on clowns like this he worked with coming up the ladder in rock radio in the 70s/80s, guys who were all voice no talent.
Good thing I missed that part.  ;)

Hey Starr, don't be 'Bogarting' those pipes.   ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 25, 2017, 02:57:06 AM
Good thing I missed that part.  ;)

Hey Starr, don't be 'Bogarting' those pipes.   ;D
Those aren't my pipes, but I got, this.

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 25, 2017, 02:30:06 AM
Wasn't there a plant concoction that did just that  -  softened the rocks ?
Same thing used in Ex-Lax. ;D

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 25, 2017, 03:01:51 AM
Those aren't my pipes, but I got, this.
DOOBAGE !     ;D  ;D  ;D

Let me get that for you.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 25, 2017, 03:13:33 AM
DOOBAGE !     ;D  ;D  ;D

Why thank you, kind Sir.  Wow.  Now, that's a lighter.

FFFFFFFFTTTTtttttttt . . . aaaaahhhhhh.  Here ya go (passes blunt to Logan). ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 25, 2017, 03:13:33 AM
DOOBAGE !     ;D  ;D  ;D

Looks like R2-D2's offspring, lol. ;D

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 25, 2017, 03:22:43 AM
Looks like R2-D2's offspring, lol. ;D
The bastard child of R2-D2 and a Butane tank. ;)     ;D ;D ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 25, 2017, 03:36:41 AM
The bastard child of R2-D2 and a Butane tank. ;)     ;D ;D ;D
Yes!  That's it! ;D ;)

Listening to the replay on a Seattle station - guest is interesting enough but the voice thing with Church is distracting and it's constant.

Why don't they give Knapp the job as permanent weekend/fill-in host?

TFFFFFFFF    TFF  TFF   TFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on March 25, 2017, 04:52:02 AM
TFFFFFFFF    TFF  TFF   TFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhh.

LMAO!!! ;D  Right? ;)

bateman

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr_Blue on March 25, 2017, 12:23:35 AM

I always suspected a Norwegian band would be at the top of things.

zeebo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 25, 2017, 04:14:44 AM
...Why don't they give Knapp the job as permanent weekend/fill-in host?

The general consensus is that he's not interested.  He's supposedly busy with other pursuits but actually I don't know what they are.

Btw one of those times when Art said he had "big news", I briefly hoped he was gonna announce Knapp as weekend host for MiTD.  I know, it was crazy fantasy - Art weekdays / Knapp weekends.  But I was naive and yet hadn't learned the ways of the world. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 25, 2017, 01:45:38 PM
The general consensus is that he's not interested.  He's supposedly busy with other pursuits but actually I don't know what they are.

Btw one of those times when Art said he had "big news", I briefly hoped he was gonna announce Knapp as weekend host for MiTD.  I know, it was crazy fantasy - Art weekdays / Knapp weekends.  But I was naive and yet hadn't learned the ways of the world.

Knapp is also a reporter for a local TV affiliate in Vegas.  ;)

starrmtn001

One that many of us shared. ;)    Only in a Perfect World.  :-*

ItsOver

LOL.  Yes, but you learned fast, Grasshopper Squirrel.

Tonight shouldn't be bad, with Good Dave but I'm already looking forward to tomorrow.  Any special distilled spirits set aside yet, Zeeb.  Remember, I live my fine spirits life vicariously, through a good natured Ninja squirrel. ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on March 25, 2017, 03:26:12 PM
LOL.  Yes, but you learned fast, Grasshopper Squirrel.

Tonight shouldn't be bad, with Good Dave but I'm already looking forward to tomorrow.  Any special distilled spirits set aside yet, Zeeb.  Remember, I live my fine spirits life vicariously, through a good natured Ninja squirrel. ;)

Nice turn of phrase, IO. Kudos

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on March 25, 2017, 03:55:39 PM
Nice turn of phrase, IO. Kudos
Thank yeeewww!  Art, Jorch, Church, etc., all have their detractors but who doesn't like The Squirrel? :)  "He setteth on the right side of Knapp."

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 25, 2017, 03:26:12 PM
...Tonight shouldn't be bad, with Good Dave but I'm already looking forward to tomorrow.  Any special distilled spirits set aside yet, Zeeb.  ...

I like Dave the Good as well but often his topics not so much, kind of like with Ian in the old days.  I'm definitely on-board for tomorrow though, and I'll have on-hand a fine bottle of Balvenie 12 - a spirit for which I've developed a financially unwise fondness.  ;) 

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on March 25, 2017, 07:08:23 PM
I like Dave the Good as well but often his topics not so much, kind of like with Ian in the old days.  I'm definitely on-board for tomorrow though, and I'll have on-hand a fine bottle of Balvenie 12 - a spirit for which I've developed a financially unwise fondness.  ;)
All righty now.  No Church this Sunday.  Onward to Knapp time.

yumyumtree

I haven't heard Jimmy Church too much, but guess I will tonight. If they take on the fake news problem, I'm guessing they'll distort it, and we won't know any more about spotting it than we did before.

zeebo

I'll probably tune in for awhile.  Unless I have something better to do.  Which I don't.

Dr. MD MD

I'm in! Sounds interesting.  ;)