• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dyna-X

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 01:53:01 PM
There are two kinds of skepticism: the kind which doubts everything people say and sees malefactors everywhere, and the kind which tries to credit people's basic humanity and harmonize conflicting or unbelievable accounts into a possibility of the truth based on motives and characters.  I don't find the first kind to be very compelling or intellectually rigorous.
Best quote of the day. It can be tricky to present intellectual rigorousness in a sea of shit-posts, so some have resorted to the next best thing - entertainment (the song parodies) to express the situation as they see it.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 04, 2018, 02:03:24 PM
I was so nauseated by the entire show that I can't bring myself to listen to it again to gain clarification.

Me too. This is exactly how I felt.

LadyFish

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:24:36 PM
Do we have anyone with affiliate experience (or general industry experience) who would like to weigh in on this guy's comment about airing repeats being good for business?

No radio experience here. My opinion is that Fred Lundgren the CEO of KCAA likely wants to get an invite to Heather’s shed. Maybe Heather has been reaching out to him for support & dropping hints since she is all alone & has no one. I don’t see any other reason for him to get involved with the Keith/HW drama.

I hope that KYNE Karen is the executor of Art’s estate. Her FB post indicates she gets Heather.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 02:03:03 PM
Art was an audiophile and she apparently had "phone sex" experience?
Please, Albrecht.  No more, or I'll be forced to go back to posting X-rated Wild Kingdom videos to get my mind off it.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on May 04, 2018, 01:56:32 PM
It's the "cute bartender" principle...they have the same regulars year after year, simply because they give guys a little attention...then, they part those same men from their money...simple, but effective strategy.
This is from personal experience, right? ;D

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 04, 2018, 02:12:17 PM
Please, Albrecht.  No more, or I'll be forced to go back to posting X-rated Wild Kingdom videos to get my mind off it.  ;D
You know Doc Wallet worked on Wild Kingdom. Eating dozens of eggs a day really helps his libido, in addition to the other health benefits.

albrecht

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 02:09:30 PM
I think everyone here listening to that show had the same #METOO moment.

Juan

I was at the grocery store today and noticed people looking at me. Usually I’m ignored. Then I realized I was singing softly, so I sang out on the final line.
“You’re stuck for life in NYYYEEE”

Dammit MV, we need that new song.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 02:16:18 PM
You know Doc Wallet worked on Wild Kingdom. Eating dozens of eggs a day really helps his libido, in addition to the other health benefits.
Too bad there wasn't a lion around with a fetish for egg loving men. ;)

Sean92008

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:24:36 PM
Do we have anyone with affiliate experience (or general industry experience) who would like to weigh in on this guy's comment about airing repeats being good for business?

Hey, the answer my friend is blowing every Saturday evening before Coast to Coast AM...  iHeart & Clear channel affiliates air SOMEWHERE IN TIME. 

Yes, Art is still a draw AND much of his back catalog of work is still compelling and pertinent to today's audience.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on May 04, 2018, 02:18:45 PM
Too bad there wasn't a lion around with a fetish for egg loving men. ;)
Indeed I could see Marlin "accidentally" leaving the tiger cage door open when Doc Wallet was in the room, while muttering under his breath "I told you to stop it with all the damn egg talk..."

Catsmile

Quote from: nika01 on May 04, 2018, 05:27:00 AM
Animals should rule the earth, humans are not worthy

# Animals Do Rule The Earth
# The Few Humans Have To Put Up With You

K_Dubb

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:57:38 PM
Real question because I am interested in people that have opposite opinions of me. What makes you think he did say this to her?

Sure, I got a whole list:

1.  The nature of their relationship was not based on a realistic appraisal of her talent.
2.  She readily solicits comments of that sort in the most pathetic way.
3.  To judge from the calls she took people readily give them to her, either out of kindness or the kind of fantasy that drives White-Knighting.  Based on his initial attraction to her voice, I'd say his posture toward her was at least chivalrous.
4.  The "me" test: would I do it if I had some crying lady in the basement who wore me down for weeks or months?  Sadly, yes.  :(
5.  Art probably thought experience would be the best teacher (she's getting better by the day) and, if that's what it took to get her on the air each night, a little kind lie in service of that end is easily justifiable.  Just a pre-game pep talk.
6.  It gives his personal story (the one he tells himself) a happy ending.  Assuming he knew he was dying soon, I can think of fewer circumstances that would make a person more vulnerable to delusion.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 02:22:47 PM

1.  The nature of their relationship was not based on a realistic appraisal of her talent.
3.  To judge from the calls she took people readily give them to her, either out of kindness or the kind of fantasy that drives White-Knighting.  Based on his initial attraction to her voice, I'd say his posture toward her was at least chivalrous.
4.  The "me" test: would I do it if I had some crying lady in the basement who wore me down for weeks or months?  Sadly, yes.  :(
5.  Art probably thought experience would be the best teacher (she's getting better by the day) and, if that's what it took to get her on the air each night, a little kind lie in service of that end is easily justifiable.  Just a pre-game pep talk.
6.  It gives his personal story (the one he tells himself) a happy ending.  Assuming he knew he was dying soon, I can think of fewer circumstances that would make a person more vulnerable to delusion.
;D ;D :( but true.

Sean92008

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:43:35 PM
I think someone was tipping her off about something. That's my gut. Someone was clearly reading bellgab and feeding her things to do. I suspect Lasha but have no proof, I mean who the hell else would do that?
My bad...  I just referred to her not sniffling with all of her crying...

What I should have said was that somebody truly grieving farts a lot. This would have comedy at it's finest.

Sorry, I dropped the ball.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 02:16:59 PM
I think everyone here listening to that show had the same #METOO moment.

LOL, I knew you were going there with that.

AZZERAE

Taking a personal call off mic smack bang in the middle of a broadcast is fucking rude. But not only that...for someone who considers anyone that doesn't speak radio useless to her - are you telling me that's a professional move? She obviously has no respect for the guy who brought her on as a favour. And she asks him forcefully if its alright that she take the call...what, like hes gonna say no? I despise emotionally manipulative behaviour.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 02:09:30 PM

I couldn't listen to it the first time. I’ve decided not to. I’m done with Heather Wade.

AZZERAE

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 02:33:44 PM
I couldn't listen to it the first time. I’ve decided not to. I’m done with Heather Wade.

Then you are a bigger person than I!

Hehe, how far did you get in?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 02:38:53 PM
Then you are a bigger person than I!

Hehe, how far did you get in?

I didn’t listen to any of it. Never clicked the link.  ;D I couldn’t stand the thought of her fake cries and obvious bullshit story.

I did send it to my husband, in the event that he cared.  He didn’t listen either, as far as I know.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 02:22:47 PM

Thanks kdubb. Always curious how others think.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 08:29:51 AM
You were pilloried because you were a douche that never actually listened to an Art Bell show yet offered your superior opinion on any and every matter concerning the show.

That's true too. Man, he was aggravating.  I like him now though, he's softened up. Thanks, LauraKinch.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 02:24:40 PM
;D ;D :( but true.

Yeah.  And that would only be for the sake of peace and quiet.  If he wanted more than that, he'd be even more willing.

Father Jack

Coming soon! Heather Wade: The Movie,
Starring Chloe Sevigny as Heather Wade, George Senda as Art Bell AND Oprah Winfrey as Airyn Bell.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 02:32:49 PM
Taking a personal call off mic smack bang in the middle of a broadcast is fucking rude. But not only that...for someone who considers anyone that doesn't speak radio useless to her - are you telling me that's a professional move? She obviously has no respect for the guy who brought her on as a favour. And she asks him forcefully if its alright that she take the call...what, like hes gonna say no? I despise emotionally manipulative behaviour.
Actually, that is a talent. For some its learned, others are naturals. Some can manipulate people so fast that the manipulator has what they want before the prey asks "What just happened? Was I manipulated?"

This pattern can go on for a lifetime until the manipulator is overtaken by one that is even better at the game.

AZZERAE

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 02:40:04 PM
I didn’t listen to any of it. Never clicked the link.  ;D I couldn’t stand the thought of her fake cries and obvious bullshit story.

I did send it to my husband, in the event that he cared.  He didn’t listen either, as far as I know.

Ooh, believe me, you're better off for not having listened...it was irredeemably awful.

I'm into anything that vaguely resembles a tabloid or a scandal, I'm a horrible person, so I just revel in this dreck

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 04, 2018, 02:48:10 PM
Actually, that is a talent. For some its learned, others are naturals. Some can manipulate people so fast that the manipulator has what they want before the prey asks "What just happened? Was I manipulated?"

This pattern can go on for a lifetime until the manipulator is overtaken by one that is even better at the game.

That sure sounds like her!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 04, 2018, 02:43:26 PM
That's true too. Man, he was aggravating.  I like him now though, he's softened up. Thanks, LauraKinch.

If that's the case he ought to track down Art's stash of little blue pills.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 02:50:30 PM
Ooh, believe me, you're better off for not having listened...it was irredeemably awful.

I'm into anything that vaguely resembles a tabloid or a scandal, I'm a horrible person, so I just revel in this dreck

Not that I wasn’t intrigued by it.  ;D

I was counting down like everyone else, to show time. I then just realized (and it was confirmed by BellGabbers) that she wasn’t telling us anything earth-shattering or even likely true.

I ended up binge-watching the first season of The Exorcist.  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 04, 2018, 09:23:16 AM
...I've never been into the D&D role play thing either. ...

Obviously you've never had the thrill of rolling one of these beauties.