• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Bumper Music

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM

ArtBellFan

This is still one of my all time favorites, may Laura Brannigan rest in peace.

Self Control - Laura Branigan (HQ Audio)

b_dubb

wow.  i don't remember Laura Branigan being quite that attractive.  she looks British.  but you say she is no longer with us?  sad

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 05, 2011, 02:33:26 PM
wow.  i don't remember Laura Branigan being quite that attractive.  she looks British.  but you say she is no longer with us?  sad
i remember art announcing hear death on his show a few years ago.  died in her sleep.

ArtBellFan

Art loved that song "We are the Creatures of the Night" and played it frequently..another big hit of Laura's was.

Laura Branigan - Gloria [1982]

ArtBellFan

Laura Branigan
"I live among the Creatures of the Night"
July 3, 1957 - August 26, 2004

HAL 9000

Quote from: b_dubb on January 05, 2011, 02:33:26 PM i don't remember Laura Branigan being quite that attractive.  she looks British.  but you say she is no longer with us?  sad

Yup - quite attractive. Died of a brain aneurysm. Here then:

The Best of Laura Branigan

Album is at 320kbps bitrate.

01 - Self Control (Classic Summer Mix)
02 - Ti Amo
03 - The Lucky One
04 - Spanish Eddie
05 - Shadow Of Love
06 - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
07 - How AM I Supposed To Live Without You
08 - I Found Someone
09 - Gloria
10 - Shattered Glass
11 - Moonlight On Water
12 - Solitaire
13 - Maybe Tonight
14 - Power Of Love
15 - The Best Was Yet To Come
16 - Self Control

Click: HERE to get the album.

And just for fun, I digitally ripped the audio from the Youtube video so you can compare quality from Youtube generally, and quality mp3s. See atchments:

[attachment deleted by admin]

HAL 9000

I had a request for this song, and thought I posted it somewhere, but can't find it onthe forum, so I'll post it here.

"Midnight In The Desert"
Crystal Gayle
Ooo-la-la!

See attachment below:

ArtBellFan

Laura Branigan Self Control LP from 1984, don't have a list of songs

HAL 9000

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 05, 2011, 10:33:24 PMLaura Branigan Self Control LP from 1984, don't have a list of songs

Uh-oh... Spaghettios!

Something looked awry when I saw an mp3 that's 39MB, and has LP in the name so I bit to find out...

Did you mean to post a recording of Self Control Album that is from a vinyl record? It is one long mp3 - no way to get to any individual song other than FF until you find one - kinda like a cassette except worse - it's from a vinyl record. Which is cool, if you like vinyl... (boo WinMX - how could I resist?)

Laura Branigan
Self Control

Artist: LAURA BRANIGAN
Album: SELF CONTROL
Release Date: 1984
Format: CD RIP / 320kbps / MP3

01. The Lucky One
02. Self Control
03. Ti Amo
04. Heart
05. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
06. Satisfaction
07. Silent Partners
08. Breaking Out
09. Take Me
10. With Every Beat Of My Heart  

Download:

Click: HERE to get the album.

ArtBellFan

That is the album from a LP that I linked above..good grief.how many do we need here?
I am done posting anything in this thread.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 05, 2011, 11:56:41 PM
Did you mean to post a recording of Self Control Album that is from a vinyl record?
i haven't listened to this one, but for the "record," some of the best sounding MP3s in my collection are dubbed from vinyl.  go to mikevandeven.com and take a listen to "hold on" by ian gomm.  while it's encoded only at 160Kbps, you'll get the point.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on January 06, 2011, 12:05:06 AM
i haven't listened to this one, but for the "record," some of the best sounding MP3s in my collection are dubbed from vinyl.  go to mikevandeven.com and take a listen to "hold on" by ian gomm.  while it's encoded only at 160Kbps, you'll get the point.
by the way... when i dubbed that one, i "wet tracked" the dub... which i don't think most people do.  for those not "in the know"... wet tracking is where you literally drip a cleaning solution on the album as the needle progresses across the groove, ensuring that it never passes through a dry area. 

by the way... here's a direct link to my dub so that you won't have to scroll through the flash playlist.

MV/Liberace!

attached is a VBR 320Kbps of that same vinyl dub.  however, this one is not processed in any way.  totally pure.  the first one (and ALL of the songs at mikevandeven.com) i ran through an optimod 8400 to "punch it up."

HAL 9000

Quote from: MV on January 06, 2011, 12:05:06 AM

Thanks for the direct link - that helped ;)

Track sounds great - but the greater point isn't so much that you can't get a good dub from vinyl, so much as, you wouldn't just dub the entire album as one giant mp3, would you? You're too much of an audiophile for that. And secondarily, if I have a choice between digging out all my old Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass or Glen Campbell albums, or download them from original tapes remastered onto CDs, I'm choosing the easy way out. No way I'm heading up to the attic, or splitting mp3s unless I have no other choice. :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 06, 2011, 12:27:27 AM
Track sounds great - but the greater point isn't so much that you can't get a good dub from vinyl, so much as, you wouldn't just dub the entire album as one giant mp3, would you?
ah, ok.  yeah, i thought you were referring more to audio quality.

b_dubb

what's the benefit of a 'wet dub'?  cleaner playback?  less wear on the record?  satisfies your cleaning compulsion?

The General

Quote from: Michael V. on January 06, 2011, 12:08:13 AM
by the way... when i dubbed that one, i "wet tracked" the dub... which i don't think most people do.  for those not "in the know"... wet tracking is where you literally drip a cleaning solution on the album as the needle progresses across the groove, ensuring that it never passes through a dry area. 

by the way... here's a direct link to my dub so that you won't have to scroll through the flash playlist.

WOW.  WET TRACKING MAKES ME FEEL WARM INSIDE.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 06, 2011, 02:11:44 AM
what's the benefit of a 'wet dub'?  cleaner playback?  less wear on the record?  satisfies your cleaning compulsion?
it just sounds better.  fewer pops and clicks.  i'm not sure exactly why.  the audio also seems to have more dynamic range.  perhaps it's because putting liquid between the needle and the groove enables the vibrations to transmit from the groove to the needle more efficiently.  the lubricative effect could be causing the needle to glide through the groove with less resistance.  just theories on my part.  i'm sure there's a more technical explanation out there somewhere.

anagrammy

Quote from: Centurion73 on February 28, 2009, 12:36:59 PM
Interesting, are you in Brazil or from there? When I was working there it was interesting to find out that Portuguese is or was the national language....

Which, you know is called "Brazilian" in Nooryland.  Just sayin'.

Anagrammy the Word Watcher

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on January 24, 2009, 02:28:13 AM
Want to hear Art Bell's bumper music?  Click here:
http://www.MikeVandeven.com/

update:  this was previously working ONLY for those using internet explorer.  what a travesty.  i think i have resolved this issue.  please let me know if you experience any problems.

I'm using Firefox on a Mac and it's working so well I'm all nostalgic....  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Fly By Night

Very nice songs, except I failed to see one of Art's favorites...Dancing Queen by the great ABBA

HAL 9000

Quote from: Fly By Night on January 19, 2011, 09:51:08 PMVery nice songs, except I failed to see one of Art's favorites...Dancing Queen by the great ABBA

Dancing Queen

See attached mp3

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on January 19, 2011, 08:57:49 PM
I'm using Firefox on a Mac and it's working so well I'm all nostalgic....  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
ah, yes... i'm always happy when someone discovers this.  i worked hard to get it together.

anagrammy

One song I am particularly interested in having is that brother who died--religious monk-type brother, not soul brother, he sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  Haunting.  Good karma for all who share!

Anagrammy

HAL 9000

Quote from: anagrammy on January 19, 2011, 11:10:29 PMOne song I am particularly interested in having is that brother who died--religious monk-type brother, not soul brother, he sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  Haunting.  Good karma for all who share!

Over the Rainbow

I think I have what you're looking for. "Over the Rainbow" is probably my favorite song of all-time.

I've included three versions here:

Eva Cassidy's version is beautiful - and has been copied my many artists since her tragic death. Read up on her story if you haven't yet. She plays the guitar in this version.

Celtic Woman - probably my favorite version of all-time. Incredible arrangement and a cappella

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version is what I think you're looking for.

If one don't tear up just a little after hearing these, then you may not have a heart.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 20, 2011, 12:10:10 AM
Over the Rainbow
I think I have what you're looking for. "Over the Rainbow" is probably my favorite song of all-time.

I've included three versions here:

Eva Cassidy's version is beautiful - and has been copied my many artists since her tragic death. Read up on her story if you haven't yet. She plays the guitar in this version.

Celtic Woman - probably my favorite version of all-time. Incredible arrangement and a cappella

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version is what I think you're looking for.

If one don't tear up just a little after hearing these, then you may not have a heart.

amazing! the same here, but i've already had the various versions in mp3 form. Masters of Chant also have a version, but it is too much like some kind of Vatican elevator music to me... iffin the Vatican has elevators that is.... 8)

analog kid

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 29, 2010, 09:36:27 PM
The attachment is The Mystic's Dream

What is the other Loreena McKennitt song Art played on his show? I tried to figure it out at one time but was unsuccessful.

Quote from: analog kid on January 29, 2011, 10:40:07 AM
What is the other Loreena McKennitt song Art played on his show? I tried to figure it out at one time but was unsuccessful.
Loreena McKennitt Night Ride Across the Caucasus