• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell replacement host now that he's gone for good, maybe, again

Started by Just Me, December 12, 2015, 10:01:35 PM

Just Me

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:38:02 PM
Jeezus. has anybody mentioned Daniel Liszt? I'm watching his YT w/ LMH. That fucker never blinks! OK, I'm switching my vote. Nobody never said no take-backs up in here.  8)

Ya, that guys a robot and can hypnotize listeners with his eyes that never blink. I vote him in and so should you......... He has perfect made for radio eyes.

Quote from: ziznak on December 12, 2015, 10:23:15 PM
pretty sure I heard Art say Heather is his replacement tho?  womenz can be great broadcasters too ya know... their positions in radio should not always have them relegated to being "the hole" on morning zoo shows.

give our girl a chance

She's got my 5 bucks for the next few months. I'd love to see her come into her own, feel like she has the toolset for it. Last night was brutal, she was selling narrative on all fronts when all was needed was candor. Of course, playing clean up for an ARTLESS exit is always going to be a shit show.

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:42:46 PM
Poor LMH keeps trying to make it look like she isn't reading her notes.  :( That Liszt  just keeps staring a hole in her.

I had to check it out.   Dude doesn't blink does he?    It's so weird.........   You can see Linda's bedroom behind her.
Let's hope Noory doesn't see this - he'd get all hot an bothered.

Thanks for the steer - this is a hoot!

Ciardelo

Quote from: Just Me on December 12, 2015, 10:46:36 PM
Ya, that guys a robot and can hypnotize listeners with his eyes that never blink. I vote him in and so should you......... He has perfect made for radio eyes.
Well, his voice is a little nasally. The could just put album art in the stream to have his stare unblinkingly at the listener. heh.

Robert

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:45:36 PMAnd you can sell your soap bubbles that won't hurt your hoo hoo! Do you have an audition tape or a youtube vid or something?
Come to think of it, I did make a sort of demo-demo cassette as a result of that Steve What's-His_Name's voice-over course ~20 yrs. ago.  He told us it wasn't a real demo, just kind of a demo of a demo.   I also have audio & video from my ads when I ran for NY assembly in 1988.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert on December 12, 2015, 10:55:37 PM
Come to think of it, I did make a sort of demo-demo cassette as a result of that Steve What's-His_Name's voice-over course ~20 yrs. ago.  He told us it wasn't a real demo, just kind of a demo of a demo.   I also have audio & video from my ads when I ran for NY assembly in 1988.

NEXT!

Just Me

This is the Dark Journalist Daniel Liszt. He must wear those sun glasses to protect the naive public from those deep penetrating droid eyes. And, he doesn't want the world to see he never blinks.

DanTSX

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:05:32 PM
Heather Wade is probably better at this time.

Easy white knight.  Mlady will notice you soon enough, be patient.

Ciardelo

Quote from: DanTSX on December 12, 2015, 11:09:14 PM

Easy white knight.  Mlady will notice you soon enough, be patient.
Yup, damnit. I already changed my vote. Think she'll see that? I hope not.

bateman

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 12, 2015, 10:34:17 PM
This is purely business. Most if not all the subs will dry up, the backlash will be intense and it will be a hellish pointless experience for everyone involved.

Pretty. much. this.

coaster

Just glad RCH had the chance to save Jimmy Carter before the network shriveled up and died.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 12, 2015, 10:30:24 PM
Not sure if Knapp was even approached to come over to Rowland's network.  One would assume that he was.
If so, he was smart enough to stay put...

George Knapp is usually dull, dry, and boring as hell.  And another nutcase.  But he knows better than to get involved in any of this.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 13, 2015, 02:37:10 AM
George Knapp is usually dull, dry, and boring as hell.  And another nutcase.  But he knows better than to get involved in any of this.

George Knapp is one of the best in the business.  And he's always maintained a very level-headed approach to all of the phenomena he's written or talked about. No idea what you're talking about.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 13, 2015, 03:06:02 AM
George Knapp is one of the best in the business.  And he's always maintained a very level-headed approach to all of the phenomena he's written or talked about. No idea what you're talking about.

Seconded

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 13, 2015, 02:37:10 AM

I'm trying to figure out what attracted you to Coast in the first place.  I generally agree with you most of the time but you have kind of disappointed me the last few days.

CoolTen10

Dave Shrader would of been a good replacement but he doesn't have a broad enough range of topics.

So the best one would of been Ian Punnit.

Meister_000

Quote from: CoolTen10 on December 13, 2015, 04:03:36 AM

. .  the best one would of been Ian Punnit.

I wish they would hurry up and find some kind of Stem-Cell fix (or something) for his problem. Ian was great. Too bad.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 13, 2015, 03:10:04 AM
I'm trying to figure out what attracted you to Coast in the first place...

Well, it wasn't George Knapp, and it sure wasn't Art Bell's little dramas

Starshina

No big name is going to jump onto Midnight in the Desert, KXL dropped it on Friday and put Clyde back on 5 hours, other big market stations are likely to drop the show too. The subs will have gone way down, the internet ads can't ever have brought in that much. Without Art Bell's name and talent, MITD is just another mid-ranking show and exactly the right kind of show for Heather to develop her radio presenting skills.

My main concern is on the quality of guests, there's a lot of people who would want to be interviewed by Art Bell but might not have time for Heather Wade. That's going to be the factor on whether MITD succeeds or fails in the end.

I nominate Larry King, sort of seriously. He had a long career in radio, and I imagine many Bellgabber "Kingaholics" of a certain age remember when he ruled the overnight airwaves from coast to coast as the undisputed "King of the Night" before he walked away because CNN offered mega-millions to conduct shallow, borderline sycophantic interviews with celebrities and political figures. Back in his radio days, he was an excellent interviewer with a diverse guest list and often covered off-beat or paranormal topics. He also did an open lines show once a week, and while I don't know if he invented the concept, he was very good with it.  Now that he's retired from TV, he's probably just sitting around picking lint out of his navel and looking for something to keep him busy. Since he's an old radio guy at heart, maybe he'd be interested in one last hurrah by taking over MITD and ending his career the way he began it. Why not?. Like Richard Nixon in 1988, he's tan, rested, and ready.  He should go for it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 13, 2015, 12:29:18 PM
I nominate Larry King, sort of seriously. He had a long career in radio, and I imagine many Bellgabber "Kingaholics" of a certain age remember when he ruled the overnight airwaves from coast to coast as the undisputed "King of the Night" before he walked away because CNN offered mega-millions to conduct shallow, borderline sycophantic interviews with celebrities and political figures. Back in his radio days, he was an excellent interviewer with a diverse guest list and often covered off-beat or paranormal topics. He also did an open lines show once a week, and while I don't know if he invented the concept, he was very good with it.  Now that he's retired from TV, he's probably just sitting around picking lint out of his navel and looking for something to keep him busy. Since he's an old radio guy at heart, maybe he'd be interested in one last hurrah by taking over MITD and ending his career the way he began it. Why not?. Like Richard Nixon in 1988, he's tan, rested, and ready.  He should go for it.

Larry King works for the Russian RT channel. He was on the Beeb radio a few weeks ago talking about his career.

Claudius

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 13, 2015, 01:20:02 PM

Larry King works for the Russian RT channel. He was on the Beeb radio a few weeks ago talking about his career.
King works for Russian state propaganda now... what integrity.

2015 is truly amazing.

albrecht

Wow, I did not know that. Sort of bizarre considering he was a big-shot in the industry and considering the historical antipathy of many Russians towards members of the tribe.

I did not know that!  :o He must really be desperate for ways to occupy his time. If that's the best he can do, he should seriously think about returning to radio.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2015, 01:27:52 PM
Wow, I did not know that. Sort of bizarre considering he was a big-shot in the industry and considering the historical antipathy of many Russians towards members of the tribe.

The naive think that RT is a publically owned independent and balanced news outlet from a Russian perspective. I must confess I was quite stunned when it was said who he works for (owned by?) now. We had two sports pundit/commentators who made misogynist remarks on air (they worked for Murdoch's Sky TV) and were fired after standard procedure; they I think went to work for Al Jazeera!